5 Kanal In Gulberg A Good Investment Or Not?

Hi all,

Sitting outside Pakistan one can only see the wonderful marketing campaigns run by media companies. I am inclined to invest in a 5 Kanal plot in Gulberg Sector A/B, trusting you insight in to the real estate do you think is it a safe investment?

It is over priced. By comparison, Islamabad Orchards and Residencia (ROS) - which is an MPCHS project - offers 5 kanal in state-of-the-art developed society which is twenty minutes drive from Islamabad on a smooth motorway. The price is a fraction of Gulberg plots of similar size.

@Pk1

What is the price of a 5 kanal plot in Islamabad Orchards and Residencia

Mr yaseer your question answer is yes it is very excellent invest ment and PK1 advise you to invest in multi that is also good but it is in Taxilla not isb here is comparision.

1 LOCATION IN CENTER OF ISLAMABAD,MULTI FAR AWAY FROM CITY WITH NO DIRECT ROAD ACCESS,you go through a small road.

2 220 FEET GULBERG EXPRESSWAY 2 MINUTES DRIVE FROM ISB AIRPORT,ROAD WORK EXCELLENT A B C block fully developed.

3 working on direct access to park road from other side.

4 Little expensive as compare to multi farms but multi farms are in taxilla not in islamabad and far away.You can compare it with wah cantt societies not islamabad.

5 For future growth they already give 150 plots to a reputed int firm to bulild 150 model farms and it will give a big boost to prices.

6 2 big companies are already making multi story towers you can see construction.One is telenor.

7 go and visit and decied.

Construction started and A,B,C block so these are not files like multi you can build your house after taking possession so they are with possession.

I also wanted to buy a good sized plot of 4 to 5 kanal in Islamabad as I am living abroad in a small house. When I will return Insha'Allah I want a good size house with lawn and trees.

In 2012 I compared each and every quality of both projects: Gulberg and RoS (MPCHS). Sir Islamabad Orchards of Multi (RoS) is the clear winner in terms of value for money. It is a bit far from Blue Area as compared to Gulberg but the drive from RoS to Islamabad is excellent and view of Taxila Hills. If you go to Gulberg you have view of congested localities on both sides after Faizabad.

I also compared the natural land and terrain of both projects. I even consulted with experts in this field. Sir land of Multi Orchards is outclass. Level not rocky and uneven as you see in Gulberg. In Multi there is abundant supply of ground water and the land is naturally fertile. I even consulted with local villagers and farmers to ask them about crop performance. There is no comparison in quality of land with Gulberg. Multi is winner hands down.

The price of 5 kanal in Gulberg is in crores but you can find good location farmhouse plot in Multi for less than one crore. Price in Gulberg is higher only because it is inside Islamabad capital territory. But even Gulberg is not inside main Islamabad. Quite far from Blue Area though somewhat less than distance from Multi.

If someone wants to pay a few crores extra just because Gulberg is inside ICT on paper then they can buy in Gulberg. Otherwise Multi is clearly better bargain.

It all depends on one’s personal requirements. Not everyone has to travel to Blue Area everyday. Multi Farms have more distance but with construction of Margalla Avenue the commute time will not differ much with that of Gulberg. Although the location of Gulberg is better but as rightly put by Pardesi, Multi has more value for money. This is how I see it: you can buy a 5K plot in Multi, build upon it, buy one car, provide for its 5 years of fuel and get a servant for 5 years in the same amount you will spend on one 5K Gulberg plot. Happy shopping :slight_smile:

Hi All,

Thanks for an amazingly helpful response. So from a living perspective the odds seem to balance out each other how about the investment prepective? What do you think about the possible potential of price escalation/degradation of both societies and what are thoughts of completion of development in both the localities.

Regards

Yasser

• Gulberg's location is excellent from Islamabad-job prospective.

• Multi has a proven track record, Gulberg has yet to prove itself.

-Multi residents will be able utilize military hospitals and schools in Wah Cantt while for Gulberg no good school or hospital is available in the vicinity as yet.

• Higher the investment value, higher the risks in terms of, money blockage (as the market thins-out at greater amounts)and lower potential to appreciate further.

• If you are buying from an investment point of view then you should buy three 5Ks in Multi instead of Gulberg this will provide you with enhance returns, liquidity and divisibility.

• According to my calculations Multi 5K should increase to at least 2.8Cr from current price of 1Cr in 5 years as a result of general market improvements, possession of plots, commencement of house constructions, Margalla avenue and airport operationalization. First 3 factors are general and will impact Gulberg as well on its own however since the price is highly saturated it may not increase exponentially like Multi.

• For instance if Gulberg is 3Cr (actually it is 2.6Cr) and Multi is 1Cr (actually it is 0.85Cr, I used rounded figures for understandability purposes). You decide to buy 3 plots in Multi for 3Cr. In 5 years time each one should ideally be priced 2.8Cr--rendering a combined value of 8.4Cr. I believe its highly unlikely for one 5K farmhouse plot in Gulberg to be at 8.4Cr in 10 years time. I believe the future price assumption for Multi 5K @ 2.8Cr in 5 years is reasonable given the current price of Gulberg at 2.6Cr.

Chak Shehzad farm houses have always been there since beginning of Islamabad, even they are not priced at 8.4Cr after 54 years.

Allah knows the best whatever is in the future. Have faith and do some istikhara before whatever important you embark upon.

Gulberg is already very expensive. Unlikely to rise too fast any more because prices are at a mature stage. Also dont forget that prices in Gulberg are partly synthetic due to over advertising through Star Marketing.

So where did it come from I mean the huge amounts of money paid to Star Marketing Company for TV ads?? Obviously not form the pockets of Gulberg Management! Of course the plot holders are paying for this expense without even knowing it. It is invisibly built into the price you will pay for a plot in Gulberg. So how will the price rise more and more? In fact there is some risk of downward trend.

Multi Orchards is relatively inexpensive because Society has not wasted money of members in paying Star Marketing.

Agreed with pardesi Sb, the only favourable advantage Gulberg farms has is its location. The development work and possession when they give will also increase it's price .

I have heard that in Sihala, 80 kanal can be purchased at 4 crore. I am not sure if it's true or not , but Sihala location is also very good , just 10 minutes drive from kok bridge .