Constructed house

I am looking for a constructed house in islamabad for family living, but confused where to buy. I can stretch my budget upto 8 million.

Any suggestion please "best value of money".

I am NOT based in Islamabad, but need a home for family there. I heard about DHA Homes, I can rent a house temporarily to wait for 1 - 2 years, if some good projects are under construction.

Please give me your advise on location, Built Quality and community.

I am very new to this and this will be my first purchase where i will be spending my hard earned money.

I would appreciate your expert advise, please. I can see that there are expert people providing expert openion.

DHA homes wont be liveable for next 3 years atleast. Go for 5 marla house in safari valley ali block

Buy a 10 marla plot in Bahria Garden City (recently given to DHA) i.e. It is now DHA phase 3 and construct a house there.

It will be the best and most reasonable opinion becasue

-> plots are construction ready and available for possession.

-> The land is clear from any issues.

-> Prices are still low because the sector is in a very initial start.

-> Instead of buying ready made house, if you build your own.

There will be full-time khawari but you will end up saving 7 to 10 lakh on construction and the material you will use will be much better.

For example, thekay-dar build houses normally use loose broken pieces of bricks to fill the base but charge you for the price of using new bricks.

Whereas, if you build your own house you can use bricks from reputed companies.

Example 2: thekay-dar build houses normally use cheaper cement.

But normally charge you for expensive cements like Maple Leaf etc.

But if you construct your own house, you can select the cement used.

I know the total cost will exceed your budget a little bit but it is the best approach.

Do not go for unknown societies where the plots / house will be cheaper to buy but there will be no market value of your plot.

Thanks Mr. Asad and Mr. Anu for your advise. I fully agree that Contractor will charge for new items but may use the USED items to maximize his profit.

Could you please further guide which block/street of Bahria Garden City is your recommendation and recent price of 10 Marla plot there.

Location wise, which one is better, DHA Homes or Bahria Garden City?

What is recent price of DHA Homes?

Bahi jan,

I would say go for Bahria Garden City as I know about this society.

I dont have any update on DHA Homes.

Honestly, location depends on your budget.

Obviously the blocks / streets i.e. Corner, main road, park facing, close to society entrance, close to shops will are always better

but because you have a limited budget so go for general category plots.

Honest suggestion without any bias.

Buy a medium range plot and use the extras money on interior / exterior / furniture.

Instead of buying an expensive plot and then spending less on the structure

why not buy a medium range plot and then save some money for a car (may be 2 3 lakh) or furniture or some thing else.

This suggestion is only because you have a low budget.

Regards,