D-17 Margalla View Housing Society

Property gurus and expert, i am new member on the forum. I really appreciate your contribution and experts opinions.

Could anyone please shed some light on the pros and cons of D-17 MVHS for living point of view? Is it cooperative housing society like E-17 & B-17? Any comments on its access, development, maintenance, society management, security, commercial activity etc will be appreciated.

Thanks to all in advance.

MVHS is not cooperative society. Its a private project like Bahria Town / River Garden.

CDA NOC

Accessible from main Peshawar Road(GT Road).

In future it will be accessible from Motorway through Sangjani Interchange AWT.

Good infrastructure.

Mian Nadeem

Islamabad.

Thanks a lot Mian Nadeem. If it is not cooperative society and management is private, that’s mean it is risky to build your home here?

How the management keep maintenance once all plots/commercial plots will be sold? Will government ever take control of it or resident have to rely on private management? I think its risky when it comes to private developer, isn’t it? I am not aware of property matters, please help me to understand it.

Anybody knowledgeable of D-17, who can comment please?

INTRODUCTION OF MVHS D-17/2 :

Margalla view housing scheme (MVHS) D-17/2 is apart of CDA's initiative of involving private sector to supplement housing stock conforming to the master plan of Islamabad and commensurate with the status and standards of development in regular sectors.

Margalla view housing scheme (MVHS) was approved in 1995. All NOC’s are clear from CDA and other relevant authorities. The area consists of 2500 canals of land where 1300 residential plots were planned and remaining area was reserved for masjids, parks, schools, graveyard and commercial areas (Mini markets/Main commercial).

LOCATION OF MVHS D-17/2 :

Margalla view housing scheme (MVHS) D-17/2 is gateway to zone-II Islamabad. It is centrally located and has an easy approach to all important spots. Some of them are described below. 24x7 public transport is available as it is situated 100 meter next to sangjani toll plaza Peshawar GT road :

• 17 Kilometer Exact Drive From G-8 Zero Point Islamabad

• 17 Kilometer Exact Drive From GPO Rawalpindi

• 10 Kilometer Exact Drive From Golra More/Haji Camp

• 05 Kilometer Exact Drive From Wah cantt/Taxila City

Above are the accurate distance...!

CURRENT STATUS OF MVHS D-17/2 :

Following all living facilities are available & operational

• Gas

• Electricity

• Water

• Internet access

• Sewerage

• Cable tv

• Water filtration plant (Imported From Netherlands)

• Water treatment plant (According To WHO Standard)

• Wide carpeted roads (Minimum 40 Feet Street)

• LED street lights

• Fuel stations (Petrol/Diesel & Others)

• 24x7 highly secure environment (CCTV/Security Guards)

• Masjids

• Banks

• Clinics (Hospital Plot Allotted)

• Government & private schools

• Walking tracks & highly maintained beautiful family parks

• Fully developed D-17/2 main commercial area & mini markets where all the basic necessities of life are available

• Currently more than 700+ families are residents of CDA sector D-17/2 & construction activities are gathering momentum as more and more families choose D-17/2 to be their home.

FUTURE PERSPECTIVE OF MVHS D-17/2 :

• Its access from under construction margalla avenue will reduce its distance from main Islamabad furthermore, as margalla avenue is situated 01 kilometer away from it...

• Its distance from new Islamabad international airport is about 12 kilometer, that makes it a society at a reasonable distance & perfect for living by overseas Pakistanis as well...

• Its distance from Sangjani motorway interchange is about 05 kilometer, that makes it a place having both GT road and motorway approach as well...

• Most important hassel-free drive from surrounding cities is yet another beauty of location that too being adjacent to motorway (M-1) & on CPEC (China Pakistan Economic Corridor) as well...

Margalla view housing scheme D-17/2 provides the ultimate in luxury suburban living at an affordable cost thus providing best opportunity to own a home as well as enjoy investment...

For Further Details Or Any Guidance Related To D-17,

Please Feel Free To Contact

Ch Usman Nawaz (ALHAMDULI'AH Working since 2001 in D-17)

Thanks Usman for your such a detailed reply.

Please also answer this question, How the management keep maintenance once all plots/commercial plots will be sold? Will government ever take control of it or resident have to rely on private management? Is the transfer is through CDA? Will CDA take control of D-17 ever?

In zone-II islamabad CDA have issued NOC to some societies as i discussed in my previous reply Yes CDA can take control in future from societies by mutual understanding with management but it have very rare chances as CDA can't handle zone-I properly that's why they introduce private sectors in different zones to fulfill housing sector demand in islamabad

Transfer is according to CDA by laws through respective society office

Even construction of houses is also according to CDA by laws

Mean while society Management will take maintenance fees annually for maintenance

Is there any other project/society of the same developer in Islamabad? Is electricity and telephone lines are underground?

Usman Nawaz sb,

I have seen your detail post about D-17.I never been in D-17 even for a visit but i have a plan to do a visit. Please tell me how sale/purchase in D-17 i mean for investment purpose. How is G-block because i have seen some add for plot sell on OLX.

Generally a middle-to-low-income neighbourhood, there is no Wow factor, except rainwater reservoir/dam. Has been around for ages, but construction of houses too slow.

Access from GT road is good, management is ok, development is low cost, electricity is overhead (i think).

Nutshell: for investment and living, it is..., so, so.

Thanks Isloo for your detailed and unbiased comment. Do you not think that environment will be good in kanal plot area?

Is there good number of parks and open spaces in society? Which schools are operational there? Any cricket & football ground?

Is there CDA / Government building (or plan to build) Govt; School, Colleges / FG Colleges (For Boys & Girls) in Zone-2 such sectors which are being developed by private societies (Like Multi, Margalla View etc)?

@Tanoli sb there is only 4 blocks A,B,C,D you might have mixed up D-18 with D-17

@Abdullah brother arrange some time and visit it on ground rather than on google, all your queries will be entertained automatically

@Isloo i think you haven't visited D-17/2 construction of houses are slow? please you need a visit that's what i will say currently after JKCHS D-17/2 is most populated

Number of schools:

1)Islamabad model college for boys

2)Educators

3)Roots international

above are main schools rest private are left

It consist upon 4 blocks and each block have 2-3 parks normally and mini market as well

While rest there is fully developed central park & main commercial as well

Usman Nawaz sb,

Thanks for correction u r right i mixed D-18 with D-17. Can you please tell me there is any investment scope left in D-17 or prices have been saturated, Please mention the current prices of 10 marla, 1 Kanal.

Dear tanoli sb,

Yes investment scope is left because of three leading projects towards it

1)Margalla Avenue

2)D-18 Interchange

3)CPEC route

Price of 30x70 is 45-50 lac

40x80 is 55-65 lac

while 1 canal 65-85

Usman Nawaz,

Thanks for update of regarding prices of plots, but other things like Margalla Avenue ( we are not sure when it will built) CPEC route ( Is long way to built) and D-18 interchange ( I have no news about it when it will open?)

Can you please tell me do you deal in commercial plots in D-17 ? If yes please update me with size and prices.i am looking for a 5-6 marla (30x40) size of commercial plot on investor rate.

Usman sb,

Please educate us about the extended area of D-17... I have heard they are converting the green belt between D-17 and D-18 into plots? How true it is and what will be the impact? Have they got any approval for the extended area from CDA, I think they have not?

Regards