Is b-17 good for making a personal house?

Dear all

I wanted to make a house in d-12 but realised that it is too expensive and i cannot live in a 4.44 marla box even if get a corner plot. Therefore, i decided to get a 40x80 in b-17 b block and make my own house (small covered area), budget is 10-12 million. Do you think this is good? I had bahria enclave and phase 8 in mind too but too far and noc issues etc.

Regards

In my honest opinion Phase 8 is better than B-17 at this point. It got all the facilities such as schools, hospitals, parks and no load shedding.

Junaid sb,

Its all depend on your choice if you have a job or business in Islamabad then B-17 is better but if you dont have such things then Bahria-8 is better as Ahmed mentioned it has all facilities. I also have a plot in Block B since 2009, the only thing stopping me to build house in B-17 is all these facilities. I mean there is no bank, no hospital, no super market active in B-17.

Junaid sb, it all depends upon your preferences. As the others have pointed out, if you are comfortable with the distance to main islamabad and roads network at the moment, then B-17 B Block is good for personal living and has good value for money.... Zone-II has very bright future ahead... All the allied facilities will be established in B-17 and surrounding areas in the coming few years with increase in population. B-17 is safe and secure place for personal living at the moment. The prices are still reasonable when you compare to G-15 or D-12. The infrastructure is good, the society has good financial standing at the moment.

Regards

Dear Junaid, Please consider Margalla Avenue as well. You’ll get more close to main Islamabad in comming future.

Thank you very much everyone, Ahmed, Ahmed Tanoli, Mr Khan and Faisal… I think B-17 is good for me. Phase 8 maybe very good no doubt but it is too far away and not adjacent to main islamabad… I can wait for a few years I guess but B17 seems cheap and good value for money… So I am going for B17… Can someone update me with the latest prices in B Block? Also, is there any minimum requirement for covered area? e.g. If I buy a 50x90 plot but only build a 10 marla covered house on it? is that allowed? What are the rates of 40x80 corner and main road plots?

There is no restriction on minimum area to be covered except the maximum one.

like 50x90 you have to leave 10 feet on back, 5, 5 feet on sides and 15 feet in front thats minimum requirement.

40x80 minimum 10 feet on back and 10 feet in front.

@ Junaid, please do share your findings on B-17 and also share your experience with dealers of B-17.

Regards

B-17 is good I think, many houses made, commercials also ready and utilities are present. The standard of the area is not as posh as Bahria or DHA but I think with time, it will get better. I have not contacted many dealers, there is a dealer friend who is doing everything but rates are good so this is a good time to buy.. There are also plans of cleaning up GT Road from Heavy Traffic during the day like in Pindi, when that happens along with Margalla Avenue connection, things will get really good.

Construction activity is going on and I saw a few schools etc (not high standard stuff though), the roads are getting damaged and I hope they re-carpet them when the society develops further. Some shops are also present and I think Multi Club is being made, don't know if Medical centre is operational or not but I think there is a building for it.

Thanks junaid for your reply. Please check your inbox, I have sent you a message.

Regards

Dear Junaid,

Many thanks for update.It's really good sign.I hope thing will get better soon inshAllah.

It's one of best project in zone2 with good access by GT road.If management will care then B-17 will be out class project in future.

Regards

Nadeem sb,

Management do not bothered for B-17, Because all of them are involved in Faisal town F-18.

One thing really surprise me in B-17 is the commercial.The shops are so expensive when there is not much business around.I mean there is no shop below 30 lacs .

Whtz rate 10 m in abc&e blocks appox

@

Are prices still falling in B-17 or have they stabalized. They were falling a lot in the previous few years.

@Khan007. The answer to that question depends on whether you approach a dealer as a buyer or seller. If you are a buyer you will find that price fall has reduced now and approaching some stability. If you approach as a seller you will be left pulling your hair out.

First the dealer will tell you an approximate price of your plot at which you might agree to sell, with a heavy heart, if you have no other option but to sell. Then some time will pass and nothing will happen. You will call the dealer and he will start telling you stories of how the market is stagnant and that "Koi buyer nahi lag raha". When he will see that you have become frustrated enough, he will share a good news of a buyer willing to buy at a ridiculously low rate. That's the latest update in a nutshell.

Awais sb,

What a good trick dealer use to trap buyer, really impressed from your answer.

Brother Awais… Sigh… The games they play really bear on people’s emotions. While one appreciates that a dealer does take out the donkey work in mating a buyer and a seller… At times it is easier just not to deal with them at all.