Is Long Term Property Investment Really Promising???

I have done a little research and have found that long term property investment is not really very much promising. I would request property gurus to please give some comments on my analysis.

* if you know dynamics of property business and invest appropriately for short terms, you have more chances to get good return.

* however, if you invest in property for long periods then net profit is not that good.
For example, 1 kannal plots in dha lahore phase 8 and 9 are double in price or less than double in last 10 years. I have checked rates and found that 1 kannal plot in phase 9 in 2005 was of 34 lacs and now in 2014 it is of 50 lacs. Similarly, in 2005 1 kannal plot in phase 8 in 2005 was 55 lacs and now in 2014 it is 100 lacs plus.

* now if one has deposited the same amount in national savings pakistan's 10 years scheme he/she may have got 3 times in return.

* investing in national savings is totally safe whereas investing in property is risky as well at least for new comers.

* i understand that short term wisely made investments pay much more. However long term safe property investments, in general do not seems too promising. What you say?

One of the major factors which deters me to invest in National savings is Riba and Sood. Its purely a sood based income and also without any risk. Whereas investing in property is more like a trade or business.

Thanks for this point. However, the actual question under discussion is that which option is more promising and gives higher return. I will be thankful if experts could compare the two options and give their opinions for the raised question.

Profit!!!even being less, when comes through Halal ways is beneficial by all means.

I think what Rizwan wants to imply here is that in comparison property gives less return. Every business is considered worth doing if the return is more than the prevailing interest rates. If national saving or any other financial institute is giving more return this means that such businesses do exist where return is more. So find those options rather than property. I think that’s what Rizwan wanted to point out.

Are you considering the crash of 2008?