Property Outside Pakistan

Respected and valued members and experts!

Please comment on best options to buy property outside Pakistan (for example in Turkey, UAE, Malaysia or any other place you would recommend) for two budgets, that is 1.5 crore and 3 crore Pakistani rupees or its equivalent. Please think of stability/safety first and return on investment like rent and price appreciation second. Please be detailed in your recommendations as most here are expected to be naive in this area. Thanks

I can tell u about turkey . There is no stability , lira and real estate is witnessing continuous downfall and those pakistani's who invested there have suffer loss

while UAE is rocking these days. But property there is expensive , at peak these days

I think no other country can offer you more ROI as compared to Pakistan

Birmingham and Manchester in the UK.

One bedroom city centre flats.

Some more details dear friends!

Khan007 ... Brother provide some details about property in Manchester and Birmingham, how to buy with a Pakistani passport, what's available there and what could be best options in the two options given for budget as above. Thanks

Seeing an active discussion on an unrelated thread, I started this one so as everyone can have an opportunity to discuss this subject, but looks like all the interest has gone … I wonder why?

141 views and only 5 comments … Watch the news and see what Syrians are going through. Also what Libyans went through not too long ago and still going through. Other examples do exist not too far either … Putting one’s all eggs in one basket isn’t a smart decision, especially in uncertain times like ours. I know that I am going to get some emotional answers now, but please rational and logical answers needed here and this topic is worth discussing. This is specially the right place to discuss it as most members are overseas and can have valuable info if they would care to share it. There does seem to be some investors who have expertise too but hopefully they come out to share their knowledge for the good of others. Thanks

Sir just think if you bought property in Syria or Libya long ago and whats happening there now would destroy your investment. Don’t put all your eggs in one basket is good strategy but given if you can manage it i.e. Diversification into unknown markets is not recommended if you cannot manage them. Its better to buy property where you are physically present and can look after it.

But how about stable countries like UAE, Malaysia, Europe etc?

Sir EMs are now better to invest in real estate rather than Europe, USA, Canada, England. They will soon see a downturn in real estate prices.

Malaysia is a much better better option than UAE

EMs?

I am hoping someone will share details of different places ...

Emerging Markets.

Prices are low in Greece at the moment due to recent economic and political uncertainty. But otherwise Greece is a country with huge potential to bounce back big time.

It's a good bet to buy a unit in. For example apartment or beach villa that can fetch a good rent.

Regards,

Paki-1

See!I have been right all along. This Fake is still shitting around this forum. What happened napaki? Got thrown out of home again?! Or ran out of fake IDs to post?!

@Falcon. Now you are being unrealistic. How can someone with a dozen different IDs to choose from, run out of options to post? It seems he has realized that whichever fake ID he uses, whether its Pardesi, baloch, truthseeker, Fahim Iqbal or any other, people already know it is napaki. So he must have thought what the hell, lets take of the mask and reveal the ugly face, again!

Okay guys I suggest we back away a little. Give him some space. Itni jaldi mar ke bhaga do ge tu maza kya khak aye ga!

Give him some room. No more comments. Lets see what he does.

LOL!!! Falcon you are unbelievably hilarious! I feel like I am watching that crocodile hunter show on National Geographic!!!

Okay. ShShShshshshshsh!!!

Paki-1 sb its good to see you back.

Canada: properties are very expensive here almost 50% more than that of USA. A much slower economic growth will follow fueled by falling commodity prices which will continue as Canada is a major exporter to the EMs hence affecting the Real Estate prices more likely from 2018 onward.

Australia: same as above (except for the prices part).

Spain: Is somewhat okay for an investment till around 2019/2020 where there will be some good moderate economic growth and also prices are lower since their 2007/2008 peak.

USA: it will take too long to write this but it is a mixed view. It is both good and bad and depends where you want to invest i.e. Apartment, start-up homes or trade-up homes and where. USA's major cities are almost 80%+ urbanized and prices are too high and no room for growth like Houston, LA, San Fransisco, Las Vegas, Seattle etc. So it is not worth investing. However, in the suburbs it is a good investment esp. Near colleges or universities for instance where there is always demand of buyers and renters. Note that if you are interested to invest for the short term than these localities are heavens because right now they are offering the best ROI in terms of rentals.

Price/Income Ratio:

Paris: 17% approx.

London: 14% approx.

Sydney: 11% approx.

New York: 10% approx.

Toronto: 9% approx.

In DMs/EMs price increases since 2000 as as under:

Shanghai= 530% increase

Mumbai= 400%

Dubai= 300%

Hongkong= 200%

London= 120%

Sydney= 105%

well in terms of investment there are 5 places i think which are good for investment they are Greece, Brazil, India, Russia and Pakistan. There are many reasons surrounding it but as an indicator check their Debt to GDP ratio esp. The level of their CONSUMER and CORPORATE debt, their Urbanization rates, population/labor growth rates and most important their Industrialization growth and you will know everything.

Sorry i don't know about internal societies like which are good to invest. I just gave a general view. Hope it helps.

Bravo Arshad sahib, thanks