Construction cost: how to calculate covered area of 1 kanal?

I have read several posts regarding construction costs and there seems to be an agreement that average cost of a 1 kanal house is rs1500/sq.Ft (grey structure) and rs.2500/sq.Ft. (finishing).

My question is how do architects and contractors calculate the total covered area? For example if we follow the by laws of dha lahore (for a 50x90 plot), ground floor covered area should be 3130sq.Ft., first floor 2347sq.Ft and if we utilise 100% basement basement area should also be 3130sq.Ft. So does the total area used to calculate cost add upto 8607sq.Ft.?

Defiantly total area will be sum of all floors but

cost very as per basement always costly than ground floor and first floor

Yes your total covered area will be GF+FF+Basement.

But the basement Grey structure cost will be high than GF and FF.

Regards

dSA

92-333-4220989

designsource99@gmail.com

Rs 1500 for grey structure sounds very high even for DHA.

Construction cost depends upon quality of material and design that you select for your dream home. We have a wide range in it and would like to work for you. If you are interested then kindly send us your contact details at hamza.asif@ameradnan.com or call on 042-36655262 for more information.

http://www.ameradnan.com/work

Thank you everyone for their input.

Mr Syyed what is the average construction cost (grey structure + finishing) of a house with basement covering approx 8000sq.ft.?

Looking for possible construction cost [Grey + Finish] of 30 x 60 plot in G-14 or G-13 and what would be the covered area.

Someone can help me pls..?

Hello Mr. Khubaib Khan & Mr. Nabi

We provide turn key solutions (Design + Construction + Finishing) to our clients. For queries and BoQ please send me your plot details and requirements through email. We will provide you BoQ accordingly. You can visit our office or call us or even visit some of our work on https://www.behance.net/archfive

Kind Regards,

Ar. Wahab

Arch Five Architects

wahab.arch@gmail.com

If I have a budget of Rs1800/sq.ft. What proportion of it should I be spending on the grey structure?

Do all grey structures these days include roof and exterior wall insulation or does it depend on the grade, similar to the A,B,C class grading used by architects for categorising finishings?

Khubaid Khan

It depends on your structural drawings. But roughly idea would be around Rs.1200 per sqft for grey structure and no they are not included in grey structure.