Tarrington house portable ac

Sorry in advance for posting this irrelevant post.

I would like to know if some one has used this tarrington house portable ac or any other portable/ movable ac. It is being sold in metro islamabad around 30k.
How is its performance?
I was interested to use this in the basement of room size 10x12?
I am interested in this to avoid installation.

Regards.

Dear Khan sab,

Complete answer for you question in below link.In my opinionif you find good brand like LG,Samsang,Mitsubishi,Dawlance.

It's also good according to specifications for your basement size.

http://shoprex.com/appliances/floor-standing-ac/tarrington-house-mobile-air-conditioner-mac2510c-mpid30848

Regards

Khan bhai make sure it’s a good brand the room size it cools effectivly should be mentioned on the box larger the btu the larger area it will cover 5000 btu AC will good for 150 sq ft and 10000 btu for 300 sq ft but you still need to move its hose out of the room through a window so that the hot air and gases can go out of room.

Thanks Nadeem Sb and Malik Sb.

Tarrington house is a brand of Metro itself. The correct size of this AC is in fact 0.75 tons. Due to compact design (with no separate exhaust) its efficiency is slightly less than a split AC of equal size.

The formula to calculate the AC tonnage for any room is length x width x height/1000 .

If the answer is say 1.75 you round it off based on whether the room is directly exposed to sunlight (e.g. Top floor), has insulation etc. If its on the cooler side you round off to lower side i.e. 1.5 tons, otherwise to 2 tons and so on.

This AC is a good buy due to its portability, but it will not save you any electricity, its wattage is the same as a normal split AC.

Good job Raza sab.

Regards

Such ACs are quite popular in university hostels where ACs are not allowed for the occupants.

By the way, inverter based split ACs are good in power consumption but quite expensive.

Thanks everybody…

Informative thread for AC users.

Khalid Sb, aap b hamari rehnumaayee farma di jiye...

Thanks

@Khan,

Bhai jan i have not much knowledge about that & no one could be expert for everything.Here on this forum many friends shows themselves expert of every area/society in property field how its possible ? Every sector/society/city have its own value.

Khalid Sb,

No problem.... Sirf duawon may yaad rkhna... Jazak-Allah....

Regards

Khan Sb,

You are welcome anytime.