Construction of floor on ground level. Advice required.

Aoa.
Normal procedure for floor construction on ground level is to fill 4 inch sand, 4 inch of broken-bricks/ghaira (stones used for road construction) , then about 2 inches of kacha and then tiles or marble.
My question is wether we can use pane(stone dust) instead of sand in the whole procedure. Reason is it is cheaper then sand (rait ). Thanks.

Pane is much much better than sand…

@HT, thanks for your reply.

Can u further tell me how it is much better. And why sand /pane is used in the floors bedding . Thanks

Are you sure that stone dust and pane is the same? I think stone dust is “Khaka” which is byproduct in stone crushing. Pane is probably pea gravel which has 5-10 mm size.

@BR MAlik . Yes dear you are right. I m talking about “khaka”.

Khaka has a compound named silica in it which acts as a glue and better binding agent. But Khaka should be fee from dust which is a bit difficult to find.

@BR MAlik , You r right bro, that availability of khaka , free of Dust is very difficult. Actually my intention to put khaka or sand first is to disconnect contact between earth/soil and floor, in order to control termite colonies.

Plz keep in mind that plot in question has full raft (with steel bars)then soil .

Will that khaka be appropriate to achieve my goal ?. Thanks

Not sure. Have you done termite treatment before raft?

Yes

As far as I know, it's enough. In any issue if one is not sure than better to follow customery practice and conventions. I would opt for normal practice.

But if someone knowledgeable can guide you than it would be great.

I hope you have used imported medicine for termites?

Pane is small grains of crush which will settle down after few showers of water as the sand on the other hand will not settle down even after one year of watering. I have always used crushed bricks with pane which can cover the small holes than water for a day or 2 for everything to settle down than let it dry before using a solid vibrator.

Than your good to go.

Rest is your choice..

I always follows traditional methods, but this time I want to do it differently . Regarding anti-termite,

I don't remember the company's name either was from buyer or ali gohar . But best available medicine and from renowned shop of Muree road (near sheikh Rasheed pull) .

Thanks for ur prompt reply as expected .

Pane is small grains of crush which will settle down after few showers of water as the sand on the other hand will not settle down even after one year of watering. I have always used crushed bricks with pane which can cover the small holes than water for a day or 2 for everything to settle down than let it dry before using a solid vibrator.

Than your good to go.

Rest is your choice..

Posted twice by accident :stuck_out_tongue:

@HT, thanks dear for ur input.

Actually availability of pure khaka now a days is a bit difficult job. And presence of MATTI in khaka is very risky. Although it settles down easily but do not solve the problem. So i think, sand is better then khaka. Termite cannot move in sand. While in monetary terms, sand is about 6 rupees/cubic feet expensive than khaka. What do u say?