Standard Layers Of Slab (Lenter)

I want to know how many are layers in standard slab (lenter)?

Slab is concrete normally 6 inches thick, with ratio (1:2:4)

I want to know the number of layers above concrete. More specifically is there any layers between concrete and tiles?

Unfortunately slabs are not level in our country. So usually after slab, contractors again level it later with concrete. Than the tile man come and he plasters it with thin layer of sand mixed with cement. After that, dry bond is applied and finally tile is placed over it.

But if the shuttering is level before pouring slab, and slab is also level, only plaster on floor will do the work. It will only avoid concrete (katcha) on floor. Plaster purpose is usually to save bond quantity as bond is really expensive.

Thanks B.R Malik for prompt and elaborative answer. Actually I am living in ground floor and feeling that the noise is coming from the floor above is more than normal like I can hear someone walking, rotating the door, any little thing falling on the floor.

One of my friends working in the construction field told me that there should be a layer of pieces of broken bricks between concrete and tiles, which is missing in my slab (lenter). What's your take on that?

Will reply in detail. Right now busy till evening.

I also love in ground floor. Contractor told me the same about broken pieces of bricks. I had asked some people about that but somehow they couldn't satisfy my technically. It will only eat up the height of building.

We also hear ladies heel noise. Door noise if closed in a hard way. We clearly hear sound if something is fallen on floor specially of metal. We do not hear noise of someone walking.

In the last rented home where we lived in basement for 5 years, we always heard metal thing falling down on ground floor. Even hearing dining chairs if moved hardly at 1st floor. Never heard someone walking unless wearing heel. We also heard someone using bathroom in upper flop because we were in basement and sewerage pipes were laid close to basement roof level.

I think in new homes, a lot of steel is used and main principle is to make floors as single piece for earthquakes. So these home transmit noise more than old homes.

Also, nowadays people do not use carpets. In older times, carpets were a big noise reducer.