Beneficiaries of Margalla Avenue (Work-Restart)

Which Projects will benefit most from restart of work on Margalla Avenue:-

(in order of benefit)

1. B-17

2. D-17

3. D-12

4. E-11

5. E-16/17

6. Multi Orchards

7. D-18

8. F-17

9. E-12

10. E-18

B 17 and D 17.

Why would E-11 benefit in terms of property? Unless CDA starts works on dualization of service roads.

Agree with PK1. Most benefit in terms of value to the societies on GT Road - B17, D17, E16/E17

Tarnol expansion and Margalla Avenue - both will lift this GT road societies a lot IMO.

Malik sahab, E-11 will get an alternate approach from GT Road if you are coming from Zone 2 or Taxila, Peshawar etc.

But please feel free to differ with the order on the list. Even without dualisation, the distance will be reduced.

Perhaps your point is that E-11 will not benefit as much as some of the others?

Everyone please give your own list/order with reasoning for the benefit of all.

Thanks.

Can anybody confirm if actual work has been started at site. Any activity!

It has been observed that CDA keep on making tall claims and then backing off. Now again they have made this claim of completing MA in 3 months and special orders and bla bla bla.

Where is Saadi bhai … He will say DHA … LOL

Lol … It would be miracle if even work starts in first week on September , lol

I guess d-12 will be the the biggest beneficiary.

It will entirely change the outlook of the whole area. Margalla road will become over-crowded and its current capacity will not sustain the traffic load. It will also give rise to commercial activity in adjoining sectors, D-12, E-11, F-11, F-10.

With ever weakening control of CDA on encroachments and illegal commercial activities, this peaceful area will also become messy. People will be left with no choice but to move out to suburbs in search of peace and quiet.

I think CDA has taken the initiative to remove the encroachments from MA.

http://www.nation.com.pk/national/05-Aug-2014/newly-constructed-adyala-road-cracks

I also think that property prices will benefit from MA but traffic will make a mess. Claims of D-12 as scenic and peaceful sector will no longer hold ground.

Dear PK1, You are an expert member of this forum and i have no doubt in that :slight_smile: but to my surprise you have missed Wapda town in the list. Any reasons. I guess MA ends at Sangjani and from there wapda town is just 3 KMs away on Shahra-e-Mehr. So, in my opinion the societies which will get more benefit will be B-17 and Wapda Town at first place.

Good point Yasir-2. Yes Wapda town will benefit from both Margalla Avenue and AWT Interchange.

I dont know what is the current status of the road to join Wapda town with AWT?

Yasir bhai you are right. But the reason I did not include Wapda Town in the list is that now Margalla Avenue will be finished up to GT Road only. When it will be extended to Motorway then WAPDA Town and AWT will be major beneficiaries inshaAllah. But no work has been started on that segment of the road.

Until the more convenient access then from Wapda Town and AWT to Islamabad is through Motorway and Kashmir Highway.

If someone has to come to GT Road he has to use the Mehr road which is average level approach.

How much rise is possible in concerned societies :? any guesses or predictions ?

I am guessing a 60 to 70% increase in b-17 and about 30 to 40% increase in D-12 because its prices are already high and MA dont really matter for inbound D-12.

Has the work on Margalla Avenenue been restrated?

If not any idea when it will start?

Gurus please comment.