News About Shifting Islamabad Airport From Zone 2 To Zone 5

It is very depressing for investors/buyers who have made a huge investment in top city, pechs, mumtaz city, mpchs projects in zone 2, islamabad. Airport case is being heard in supreme court of pakistan, i think a news came before 1 week in jang newspaper that it will be functional by july 2014. Everything was going fine, but from last 2/3 days, there are rumors that airport will be shifted from zone 2 to zone 5, because of some technical issues such as there is a fault in new airport's space or it is passage of water and many things like that, because of that societies in zone 2, rates are getting lower and people are worried, On the other hand, in bahria town and dha 2, zone 5, rates are increasing at a very fast pace, even files in phase 8 ext and phase 9 are now on 3-4 lac profit, i have also heard that people have started purchasing land near bahria town, where the new airport is going to be build. They have already spend 85 arab rupees on zone 2's airport, which is now said that will be given to armed forces. As nawaz sharif has said that airport will be shifted to rawat. Can somebody pls ellaborate this issue for my knowledge, i may be wrong. Looking foreward to syed ibrahim and pk1 bhai comments :) Kind regards,

Lol mr kurshid saab, where did you get this information from? the airport will not be shifted instead it had been suggested by mr sharif saab that Islamabad has tremendous potential and that it has the potential to be the next dubai or Singapore and once this project in zone 2 gets complete he would be ready to construct a new airport in rawat with the hope of improving the economy as this would creates jobs etc...huge commercial complex in both zone 2 and zone 5 both ends of Islamabad would pump Islamabad in the spotlight of being of the best capital cities.

However, this is just an idea, it far from reality as existing zone 2 airport isn't even close to complete as terminal building needs work, car park, loading bays, departures building, 3rd runway etc...still a lot of work to do! yet it just another price hike and games played by estate agents and zone 5 has been a little slow these past 9 months as a lot of money has been plowed in zone 2 and as I mentioned earlier zone 5 is being neglected. This is the false rumour to get people to invest in zone 5.

plus new gov announced new road plans going into new airport which is from zone 5 I-16 into airport, therefore, this would increase prices as they have clearer road access to airport. This benefits places like bahria town, dha hence that's why prices have taken a jump and will still start to increase gradually until road access is solid and complete.

It will be a government shambles if they do decide to move to rawat considering they have already completed around 75%. If they start to construct in rawat it will be functional in 20 years time and absolute absurd considering money being wasted for no end result! already this has taken along time as it is…just have to wait and see what happens!

Very big rumor indeed............

LOlzzzzzzz how can someone believe on this crap.............

Lot of discussion on this forum was ongoing during last 2 weeks. See in this link. Http://www.zameen.com/forum/discussions/projects_and_developments/new_islamabad_airport_road_network-2858.html

@ sheikh sb…I am amazed at your analysis regarding prices in zone 5…Who said you that zone 5 was stagnant for last 9 months??Kindly recheck the figures again especially the prices of bahria town and dha 2…

@ saad, well of course, when has prices in bahria and dha dropped in zone 5? they are the kings of zone 5 so prices have been a little slow in other zone 5 societies, i.e gulberg, soan garden, pwd etc…

People like u misguide investors mr nadir plz don’t make fool of others ur suggestions and information r useless and baseless!

Whos nadir? has he contributed to this thread?..have I missed something here… Or has moderator deleted his comments?

After reading that thread i visited airport yesterday development work is doing there and now confirmed in news paper that it was a wrong briefing airport will not shift to any new location more then 75 percent work is complete there

Thank you syed for actual visual confirmation. Whilst you were there, did you check the mumtaz city and top city. And has the construction of k highway taken place yet?

I visited Top City and Mumtaz City last week. No work on KH hsa been started yet. Development work in Mumtaz City is ongoing with high speed. Top City are slower but development work is being carried out there in block B, and D.

Agree with malik majeed no work on kashmir highway. Mumtaz city development is very good n fast but top city is also doing reasonable work almost with 7 to 8 machines. B and c blocks are good choice for investment

New update: http://e.jang.com.pk/09-06-2013/pindi/pic.asp?picname=58.gif

This fake news was floated by same Malik Riaz who hates the airport project in Zone 2 rather than in Zone 5.

Kindly take a look at this link

http://dawn.com/news/1039334/opposition-rejects-plan-for-third-islamabad-airport

Rawat airport cant happen right not.. Atleast not in this economy.........also work on the Fateh jang airport is in full swing....

In any case... Even without the new airport, zone 2 is still a very good investment.

The question isn't whether the airport is moving to zone 5. That's untrue!

the question that should be raised is when is the new airport going to be complete and fully functional....everyone including myself have doubts...

Well when you see the work going on, you must not get much worried as to when it will be functional. It surely will be functional within a year or two. Just try to find out what they have completed so far and what they are working on, and what else is remaining. You will be able to make some reasonable guesswork.

That’s a good point, but the delays are not reassuring…

Have they finished off the street lights in mumtaz city? whats development standards like there? is it near to completion - as it was rumoured?

Any news on pechs k block? and m block?