Update - Margalla Avenue Project

What is the update on-the-ground for Margalla Avenue phase-1 project?

Contributors are requested to post updates here on ongoing basis.

Thanks and JazakAllah.

On Google earth, it is already possible to see the full "Margalla Avenue Project". So far it appears as a dusty path. Looks to me that the earthwork is mostly done.

I heard that the CDA is saying the project is not slowed down due to funds issue. But there is no stay.

Anyone has any other updates?

Any latest news about Margalla Avenue?

Construction work on the Margalla Avenue project was progressing at a good speed some months back. But now work as stopped due to lack of funds with CDA. As per media reports generally the government is pulling money out of many development projects and using the money so as to focus on wining the next elections.

Interesting news item about impact of cda's cash problems on development projects:

Http://tribune.Com.Pk/story/466948/no-money-more-problems-forget-new-projects-cda-cant-even-pay-for-old-ones/

Margalla avenue project: cda chief asks to expedite work

Tribune News

1 Like

This is indeed a very good news.

Yes but cda bureaucracy is only one side of the coin.

The second side of the coin is pml-n government. As we all know the punjab government opposed the margalla avenue project launched by ppp government because the land on which the road is to be constructed belongs to punjab and was leased out to federal government in the sixties.

Will pml-n government continue their opposition to the project? Will they put it on the back-burner? Will they scrap the project???

Many questions and n o answers yet. We have to wait and see!

But now pmln is in the federal govt as well, so they may decide in favour of this, rather than just opposition for the sake of opposition.

Lets hope for the best.

@ ihsan well said means you have grabbed the point, PML-N is in federal as well so may be, may be we hit across some good news.

Like PK1 said many questions arises as well. Hopefully we have great news

Cda is playing game :slight_smile: how ? Well its simple first the announced that pc1 approved bla bla and after that they started developement , that gave bost to prices on this belt till b-17 . Then suddenly they stoped it. Its a game of making prices up for sectors d13, 14 … So on and i heard not confirmed ppl sitting in cda have mutual interest in these sectors :slight_smile:

Margalla avenue is an ongoing project. It will be difficult to block a project that is already started and contract is signed. For example when pml-n launched the motorway project in 90s, ppp opposed it but they could not stop it because the contractor (daewoo) had already started the construction.

For margalla avenue, pml-n opposed it but now the project will have to be completed because the construction work has been started and cda still showing it as a priority project in its plans.

It will be completed inshaallah in 1-2 years.

Published: june 8, 2013 Short-term plans: cda aligns priorities to share with new government

Http://tribune.Com.Pk/story/560405/short-term-plans-cda-aligns-priorities-to-share-with-new-government/

Good info tari dear…

Well i am not saying that they will not develop it , its in master plan of islamabad. I was talking about the pauses they are taking in construction its all because to make prices up and secondly construction of this avenue depends on how fast airport can be functional

Published: june 15, 2013 Margalla avenue project: contractor refuses to submit bank guarantee

Http://tribune.Com.Pk/story/563336/margalla-avenue-project-contractor-refuses-to-submit-bank-guarantee/

Hopefully the project will not run into problems. The new govt should make progress with this project. There are many other projects still to be started.

Budget 2012-13 does have funds allocation for this project! Dunno how soon it could materialize.

Politically if u see ch nisar lost elections from b-17 and surroundings and right now he is heading cda as well so lets see how things work but one thing is for sure for airport this route have importance no margalla avenue or khayban-e-iqbal then forget about new airport :slight_smile:

I think pmln is not only ch. Nisar, there are a lot of other senior persons, so he cann’t influence all of them for doing wrong things. Thanks