ABOUT BAHRIA ICON TOWER, KARACHI
Bahria Icon Tower, a project of Bahria Town enjoys a prime location in Clifton Block 3, on Shahrah-e-Firdousi Road, in Karachi, next to Abdullah Shah Ghazi Mazar, nearly 5 minutes away from Clifton Beach. Clifton Block 3 is an affluent locality of Karachi with commercial centres and foreign consulates in its surroundings, driving real estate prices upwards at a steady rate.
The Jehangir Kothari Parade, gifted to the city by a Parsi businessman, lies within walking distance of 5 minutes while the Mohatta Palace, built by a Hindu in 1927 that serves as a museum today is located nearly 1 km away on 7 Hatim Alvi Road in Old Clifton. The locality enjoyed residential precedence till the 1970s, until it got overshadowed by commercial buildings and retail centres.
Bahria Town prides itself as one of the leading developers in Pakistan that has shaped its real estate and construction sectors. With a range of completed projects under its belt, since its inception in 1996, Bahria Town has always delivered what it promises. The developer has several successful projects in the major cities of Pakistan namely Lahore, Islamabad/Rawalpindi and Karachi. From residential and commercial projects to well planned communities that provide a complete living experience to its residents, Bahria Town projects mostly enjoy a rising real estate value.
AT A GLANCE
- 62-storey skyscraper
- Short drive away from Clifton Beach
- Easy access to malls, parks and educational institutions
- 24-hour power back-up to avoid load shedding
- Surrounded by historical landmarks
FACILITIES, SCHOOLS AND HEALTHCARE
Public Transport near Bahria Icon Tower, Karachi
Bahria Icon Tower, Karachi, has a number of bus stops in its vicinity, as well as many rickshaws are also available on this route to reach anywhere in Karachi. The bus route N-4 has multiple stops including Shahrah-e-Firdousi. Its stops include Mazar Abdullah Shah Ghazi, Saudi Embassy, Punjab Colony, Ghani Chowrangi, Metroville, Faqir Colony, Korangi Road, Khayaban-e-Shamsheer, Mauri Pur, Masam Road, S.I.T.E Police Station, Mominabad, Islam Nagar, Sunset Boulevard, Kaemari, Tower, Shirin Jinnah Colony and Sharah-e-Ghalib Chowrangi.
The nearest bus stop to Bahria Icon Tower is 6 minutes away, on Khayaban-e-Roomi in Clifton Block 5. Another stop lies 7 minutes away on Khayaban-e-Shujaat, Phase 5. The KPT Underpass Bus stop on the east side lies at a distance of 8 minutes on Khayaban-e-Iqbal Road in Block 9, Clifton. Apart from public transport, app based transport services are also readily available in this area.
The Daewoo Bus Terminal that facilitates inter-city travel is located 39 minutes away via the Lyari Expressway.
Markets near Bahria Icon Tower, Karachi
One of the main necessities for prospective residents of any locality is access to commercial markets nearby. It also impacts the purchase, resale and rental value of that property. In this regard, there are many options available at short distances, where residents can head over to fulfil their everyday utility needs. Some markets near Bahria Icon Tower include:
- Milestone Super Market which is just 4 minutes away in Block 6, Clifton. It remains open until 1:00 AM and stocks a variety of products. It also has a well-built café on the first floor.
- Imtiaz Super Market is located in Block 4, Clifton, at a driving distance of 6 minutes. It stocks a wide range of household products of every category as well as fresh fruits, vegetables, and processed foods of local and international brands.
- Diamond Super Market can be reached within 8 minutes in Block 8, Clifton via Sharah-e-Iran. It stocks a large variety of everyday household items.
- Insaf Market is located 11 minutes away in Block 1, Clifton.
- Khadda Market is situated 12 minutes away in Phase 5 Stadium Commercial Area and is a one stop market for all kinds of things from groceries to electronics, shopping and food.
There are also a number of local shopping centres in the vicinity, which are famous for their variety of goods at bargain rates. These include:
- Gulf Way Shopping Centre near Teen Talwar, in Clifton Block 8, which lies just 6 minutes away.
- CTC & Shopping Mall, which is also located in Clifton Block 8, near Gul Centre.
- Aashiana Shopping Centre lies 9 minutes in Clifton, Block 9.
Mosques, Churches and Temples near Bahria Icon Tower, Karachi
Prospective residents of Bahria Icon Tower will not be disappointed when it comes to locating a mosque in the vicinity. The closest mosque you can approach to offer prayers is the Clifton Masjid, just 3 minutes away in Block 2, Clifton. It is known for its Juma Khutba and large capacity. Another nearby mosque you can go to is the Masjid Babul Islam, 1 kilometre away in Clifton Block 3. Some other mosques near Bahria Icon Tower, at a short drive include:
- Jama Masjid Noor-ul Islam, 5 minutes away from Bahria Icon Tower on 15th Street in Zamzama, just next to Zamzama Park
- Masjid-e-Bilal is located 6 minutes away on Khayaban-Tauheed, Phase 5 in Tauheed Commercial. It is a big and spacious mosque.
- Masjid-e-Umar Bin Khattab is also at a drive of 6 minutes in Block 3, Clifton.
- Faisal Masjid is located 7 minutes away on Bath Island Road in GOR Colony, Clifton.
Some other big mosques are also easily accessible from Bahria Icon Tower. These are:
- Masjid-e-Tooba, known for its white marble structure and dome shape, is situated at Old Korangi Road, at a driving distance of 15 minutes via Khayaban-e-Saadi. It is a beautiful mosque known for its architecture, standing proud since 1969.
- Ayesha Masjid is located on Creek Road, in Phase 8, DHA. It also has a ladies prayer area.
- New Memon Masjid is one of the biggest mosques with a capacity of 15,000 people that can offer prayers at one time. It is a beautiful structure, located 17 minutes away on M.A. Jinnah road.
A number of churches also lie close by in the area. You can pay a visit to Philadelphia Pentecostal Church of Pakistan, at a distance of 9 minutes in Clifton Block 1 or the Church of Christ, also 9 minutes away in Block 8, Frere Town.
One of the oldest and architecturally significant Church, the St. Patrick’s Cathedral lies 20 minutes away on Shahrah-e-Iraq. Its timings are 9 AM to 7 PM. It is one of the most beautiful cathedrals in Pakistan.
St. Lawrence Church, is another beautiful church built in 1929 with elements taken from the Mughal architecture. It is situated in Soldier Bazaar, Garden East at a distance of 24 minutes by car.
The Shiv Mandir is located just 4 minutes away in Clifton Block 3. Another 300-year-old underground temple is located just 5 minutes away near Abdullah Shah Ghazi Mazar, right next to Bin Qasim Park. Some other temples that you may visit include:
- Shre Darbar, in Block 3, at a driving distance of 3 minutes.
- Samadha Dham, in Defence Phase 5, 4 minutes away.
- Sri Laxmi Narayan Temple, at Port Grand in West Wharf, reachable with a drive of 12 minutes.
- Panchmukhi Hanuman Temple in Soldier Bazaar, 25 minutes away.
- Sitla Mata temple, an almost 300 year old worship place of Hindus located in Bhimpura area of Karachi at a distance of 23 minutes by car.
Schools, Colleges And Universities near Bahria Icon Tower, Karachi
If you are planning to invest in Bahria Icon Tower and have children, naturally the first instinct is to find out the availability of good schools in the vicinity. In this regard, you can relax because there are many branches of private and public schools nearby. Let’s have a look:
Bayview High School, which is a well-established private school has a branch located on 8 French Street, Civil Lines, just 7 minutes away. The campus facilities middle school students starting from class 6 and has all admission information available on their website.
Karachi Grammar school which is another well-known private institution in the city, established since 1847 has its middle section branch just 7 minutes away on Doctor Daud Pota Road in Saddar. Its kindergarten and junior section branch is at a driving distance of 17 minutes on Khayaban-e-Saadi in Clifton, Block 5.
St. Patrick’s Girls’ High School, established since 1982, lies just 6 minutes away in Saddar. It offers primary and secondary education including classes for matriculation and O levels in its well-built campus with vast grounds.
St. Joseph’s Convent School, another prestigious all girls’ institution lies in Saddar at a drive of 7 minutes max. It is a private school having primary and secondary sections with vast grounds for co-curricular activities and annual events.
Other schools near Bahria Icon Tower are:
- St. Pauls’ English High School, located in Saddar, 6 minutes away.
- Karachi Cadet School at a drive of 7 minutes in Block 2 near nursery flyover in PECHS.
- FPS O Level Defence Campus at a drive of about 10 minutes from Bahria Icon Tower, in Karachi Cantonment area.
- The City School PECHS Girls Campus is located 15 minutes away. The City School PECHS Junior section branch is 13 minutes away and the City School PAF chapter is also 13 minutes away on Shaheed-e-Millat Expressway.
A number of colleges lie at a short distance from Bahria Icon Tower, Karachi. Some of these institutions include:
- St. Joseph’s College for Women, one of the oldest colleges lies just 6 minutes away in the Saddar area.
- Khatoon-e-Pakistan Government Degree College for Women is at a driving distance of 2 minutes.
- The Lyceum, a well-known A-level institute is located 4 minutes away via Sharah-e-Iran in Defence phase 5, Clifton.
- The Indus Academy O level and College Section is situated in Block 1 Clifton, at a drive of 6 minutes.
- Government College of Commerce and Economics lies in Civil Lines, 8 minutes’ drive from Bahria Town, Icon Tower.
One of the oldest institutions the DJ Science College, established by a Sindhi philanthropist is located 15 minutes away on Dr. Ziauddin Ahmed Road in Saddar. The college offers programs in Arts, Sciences, Law and Engineering.
Prospective residents of undergraduate and graduate level will find a number of options in various disciplines of Health Sciences, Business or Arts to continue their education. You can opt for the Altamash Institute of Dental Medicine which is located in Clifton Block 3. It offers undergraduate and postgraduate programs in dental surgery and also offers an MS (Master of Science), MDS (Master of Dental Sciences) and MPhill (Master of Philosophy) program.
Another private university that you can look into that offers various programs in Education, Engineering, Management Sciences, Computer Sciences, Law and Bio Sciences is the Shaheed Zulfiqar Ali Bhutto Institute of Science and Technology, SZABIST. It is located at a short distance of 3 minutes in Block 5, Clifton.
Indus Valley School of Art and Architecture, a well-known authority in the faculty of Arts, founded in 1990 lies just 5 minutes away by car. The university offers undergraduate and graduate programs in Fine Arts, Textile Design, Fashion Design, Interior Design, Architecture and Communication Design as well as diploma programs in various art faculties.
Other universities near Bahria Icon Tower include:
- Pakistan Institute of Management is located just 3 minutes away in Clifton Block 3. It runs various diploma and certificate courses in management sciences and some other disciplines
- Sir Syed College of Medical Sciences is located in Clifton Block 5. The university offers MBBS, BDS, BLS, BSS, CME, SSIDE and CDE programs.
- Ziauddin University is located in Clifton Block, 6, at a driving distance of 8 km. It is a private university that offers programs in MBBS, BDS, Nursing, Law, Engineering, Arts, Education and Pharmacy.
Banks in and near Bahria Icon Tower, Karachi
Having a good banking network near your location of residence contributes to peace of mind and convenience. In this regard, you have the option of choosing from a number of bank branches in the vicinity. These include:
- Sindh Bank Limited head office is at a distance of 2 minutes on Shahrah-e-Firdousi. It remains open until 5:30 PM.
- United Bank Limited branch is 4 minutes away in Sadaf Icon Tower. It operates until 5:00 PM. Another UBL branch is at a distance of 6 minutes in Tauheed Commercial Area in Phase 5.
- A branch of Dubai Islamic Bank is a 5 minute drive away on 26th street, in DHA 5. In the same area you can also find a branch of Faysal Bank.
- Muslim Commercial Bank and Habib Metro Bank both lie 4 minutes away via Khayaban-e-Saadi in Block 2, Clifton.
- Silk Bank, Boat Basin Branch is at a distance of 4 minutes in Block 5, Clifton via Shara-e-Firdousi.
A number of well-known bank branches are situated in Block 4, Clifton Dolmen Mall, which are at a drive of 7 minutes from Bahria Town Icon. These include Standard Chartered Bank, Summit Bank, Bank Islami Pakistan Limited and Habib Bank.
Clinics and Hospitals in and near Bahria Icon Tower, Karachi
Many homeowners prefer living near clinics and/or hospitals as it always helps in dealing with illnesses and emergencies. If you consider residing in Bahria Icon Tower, Karachi, you will have easy access to many clinics where you can go for medical or eye checkup as well as skin issues. A few clinics in the vicinity include the following:
- A minute or two away by drive, you can go to Infinity Eye Care Center or Altamash Dental Clinic in Block 3, Clifton
- A 5 minute drive can bring you to The Agha Khan University Clifton Medical Services in Block 2, Clifton which has consultant clinics as well as a pharmacy, laboratory and emergency care
- You can also find a physiotherapy clinic in Block 5, Clifton, at a distance of 5 minutes by drive
- Medi Life Clinics, a skin care clinic is located in Phase 5, DHA at a drive of 7 minutes
When it comes to hospitals, you will find South City Hospital just 2 minutes away by drive. It is a private hospital with a 24 hour emergency wing and consultant clinics. Patients can check their medical records through their website and also find out consultant information for their relevant problem and book their appointment. Other hospitals in the vicinity that you can visit include:
- Park Lane Hospital is situated in the same block, at a drive of 5 minutes. At the same distance you can also consider visiting Dr. Ziauddin Hospital located in Block 6
- Altamash Hospital is located at a 7 minute drive in Block 1, Clifton
- Clifton City Hospital is located at a distance of 9 minutes by drive in Block 8, Clifton
- You can go to Medwin Hospital located in Phase 7, DHA, at a distance of 16 minutes by car
PROPERTIES IN BAHRIA ICON TOWER, KARACHI
Sales Price Trends in Bahria Icon Tower, Karachi
Below are the sale price trends in Bahria Icon Tower, Karachi, to help make you an informed decision regarding your investment. However, bear in mind that these prices are an estimate and can differ based on fluctuation in property market.
Flats for Sale in Bahria Icon Tower, Karachi
Flats for sale in Bahria Icon Tower, Karachi, are also available and sale prices for flats depend on the floor it is located on. You can get a flat on the upper floor for less as compared to the one on the lower floor. For a general idea, a flat of 89 sq.yd. can cost you up to PKR 2.85 crore. Bahria Icon Tower flats are luxurious, complete with central air conditioning, central heating and electricity backup among other facilities.
Commercial Properties in Bahria Icon Tower, Karachi
There are many options when it comes to purchase of commercial property in Bahria Icon Tower, Karachi. You can get a 1,150 sq. ft. office for sale for PKR 5.75 crore or 800 sq. ft. commercial office space for PKR 2.4 crore. Rents for commercial office property can range between PKR 50 and 60 thousand for above 1000 sq. ft. space.
SHOPPING, RESTAURANTS, AND BAKERIES
Malls near Bahria Icon Tower, Karachi
Commercial activity in the area largely impacts the real estate value. Access to nearby malls identify the locality as sought after not just by residents but also by investors, as it drives the retail values upwards. As prospective residents of Bahria Icon Tower, the property will include a Mall of Karachi once complete. However, you will also have access to a number of other well-established malls near Bahria Icon Tower, such as:
- Dolmen Mall, located in Clifton Block 4, just 7 minutes away. It is your one-stop shop for all local, international brands as well as houses a hypermarket, Carrefour that stocks all kinds of household, technology, grocery, gardening, and home products of both national and international quality. You can also have lunch or dine it at one of the restaurants or the food court. It remains open until 11:00 PM.
- Another mall that you can visit is The Forum Shopping Mall which is relatively not as large as some of the other malls but it is still comfortable. You can find a coffee shop, food court, and prayer area inside the mall, as well as enjoy eating out on a windy day. There are a number of clothing and footwear shops that suit your needs.
- Ocean Mall is located on Khayaban-e-Iqbal, 6 minutes away in Clifton Block 9. You can enjoy shopping here at one of the stores, enjoy your food in the food court or opt to watch a movie in the cinema. It remains operational until 12:00 AM.
A number of boutiques and shops are also located on Zamzama Boulevard, as well as the Zamzama Mall, at a drive of 6 minutes from Bahria Icon Tower, Karachi in Defence Phase 5.
Restaurants and Bakeries in and near Bahria Icon Tower, Karachi
Bahria Icon Tower, Karachi, has a number of small and large, local and international, casual as well as fine dining restaurants, café and tea spots that make it a hot suburb in Karachi, to own a residence. The closest well known restaurants are listed below:
- China Town, open until 12:00 AM is situated in Clifton Block 2, nearly 5 minutes away. Other restaurants nearby in the same block are Special Salateen restaurant, Munawar Fast Food, Bolan Sajji House, Karachi Broast and Jade Garden Fusion Cuisine.
- Barb. B. Q Tonight known for its local cuisine and Bar B.Q dishes is located in Clifton Block 5, at a drive of 5 minutes.
- Pranzo, a fine dining restaurant is located in Clifton Block 5, just 4 minutes away, whereas a casual eatery, Irish Night just down the road is also a popular spot
- Ambrosia, known for its food as well as ambiance, has an indoor and outdoor seating arrangement. It is located on Old Clifton Road in Defence Block 5, is also more or less 5 minutes away.
If you’re not very sure about your preference, you can visit Boat Basin in Clifton Block 6, which is a well known food street with a variety of cuisine options. It can be reached in 12 minutes via Shahrah-e-Firdousi. From fast food to local and fine dining restaurants, it has a place for every taste.
Block 4, Clifton has a number of cafes, where you can head for a brunch, coffee or evening snack. These include:
- Café Flo, 9 minutes away
- Xander’s Clifton and The Deli, at a drive of 7 minutes
- Café Aylanto in street 33-A
- ZAQQ in Dolmen Mall Clifton
If you have a bit of a sweet tooth or just want some snacks for your evening tea, you can visit the following bakeries, located a short distance away:
- Anjarwala’s-Confectioners, 2 minutes away in Clifton Block 3.
- You can also visit Ideal Bakers & Sweets on 26th Street, Tauheed Commercial Area, 6 minutes away.
- Sugaries, which is well known for its cakes, brownies and other bakery items is located 7 minutes away in Zamzama Commercial Area.
- Sachas Cakes is at a driving distance of 5 minutes in Clifton block 5.
- Delizia, a famous bakery, known for its cakes and brownies lies just 11 minutes away in Phase 5, Badar Commercial.
OUTDOOR ACTIVITIES, FITNESS AND BEAUTY
Sports Facilities and Fitness Centres near Bahria Icon Tower, Karachi
Prospective residents of Bahria Icon Tower, Karachi, who worry about their health and wellbeing, don’t have to worry anymore, if they plan on investing here. The locality is home to a number of fitness centres, gyms and clubs. Let’s have a look:
- National Bank of Pakistan Cricket Ground is at a distance of 2 kms
- Punjab Colony Sports Ground is 9 minutes away
- Cricket Stadium is 14 minutes away in Phase 6, DHA
Sunset Club which was established in 1989 as a sports club is located on Main Khayaban-e-Jami Road, just 13 minutes away by road. It provides swimming pools, gymnasium, badminton, squash and tennis courts as well as snooker room and tracks for jogging and walking among a host of other facilities. Membership may be required to avail services here.
DHA Golf Club is located in Phase 8, DHA, at a short drive of 24 minutes. It spreads over an area of 140 acres, boasting an 18 hole par 72 course for golfers, overlooking the Arabian Sea. It houses a separate swimming pool and gym for ladies and gents, squash courts, billiard room and card room. Using these facilities may require membership.
For women, the Karachi Ladies Club is a popular spot, which is just 3 minutes away. It has a gym with state-of-the-art machines, a studio for yoga, and high intensity workouts with fitness trainers as well as a spa including hair and nail bar.
K7 Fitness & KickBoxing Academy is located on Zamzama Boulevard; it’s merely a 6-minute drive. They conduct physical fitness classes as well as martial arts training for all skill levels and ages by professional trainers.
Other venues include:
- Fitness First Gym located 5 minutes away in Block 2, Clifton
- Body Image Fitness Studio located in Punjab Colony, just 10 minutes away
- Reflex Fitness Centre in Phase 5, DHA, at a driving distance of 11 minutes
- BodyBeat Recreational Centre located in Badar Commercial, 12 minutes away
- J Fitness Club, 17 minutes away in Phase 6, DHA
Parks near Bahria Icon Tower, Karachi
Bahria Icon Tower, Karachi, is surrounded by a number of well maintained, lush green parks nearby that prospective residents can visit for walking, jogging, or simply spending an evening out. Let’s have a look at some parks near Bahria Icon Tower along with commute times:
Bagh Ibn-e-Qasim is located in Clifton, Block 3, at a driving distance of 5 minutes near the Clifton beach. It spreads over an area of 130 acres and is easily one of the largest parks in Karachi. The park boasts a large rose garden, dinosaur murals, turtle pond and stone canopies. The park is also famous for annual events that take place there, such as the Sindh Festival that took place in 2014. It remains open until 11:00 PM.
Zamzama Park, known for its walking paths, jogging tracks, and playgrounds for kids is situated at Khayaban-e-Shujaat in Defence, Phase 5. It can be reached in 6 minutes from Bahria Icon Tower. The 26 acre land also has rides for kids, a small gym, roller skating rink and refreshment stands. The head office for the Pakistan Bonsai Society is also located near Gate 2, inside the park. It opens from 6-9AM and from 4-10:30PM
Frere Hall, a colonial era building that is used as a library and exhibition space, is located 11 minutes away on Fatima Jinnah Road. It was built in 1865 and its lush green grounds attract visitors to spend a cool evening outside. It has refreshment stalls and a book market takes place there every Sunday.
Some other parks in the vicinity include:
- Hilal Park, situated at a distance of 10 minutes in DHA, Phase 6
- A.K. Khan Park, reachable within 10 minutes, in DHA, Phase 5
- Auntie Park, 5 minutes away in Clifton, Block 5
- Fatima Jinnah Park is also 5 minutes away in Clifton Block 2
Salons and Spas near Bahria Icon Tower, Karachi
For ladies, if you plan to invest in Bahria Icon Tower, you don’t have to look very far for salon services. Here are the nearest salon spots you can visit:
- Neelo’s operating since over 15 years, is situated 5 minutes away in Clifton Block 4. It remains open until 7:00 PM and offers all kinds of beauty treatments
- Nabila Salon is situated at a distance of 7 minutes. It is best known for its hair cutting and makeup services. It is also located in Block 4, Clifton.
- Allenora Annie’s Signature Salon, famous for its bridal makeup is situated at Zamzama, at an estimated drive of 7 minutes
- Mizka Studio best known for its hair treatments offers all kinds of beauty services in Block 4, Clifton, just 6 minutes away
- Natasha Salon is situated in Zamzama Commercial Area at a drive of 5 minutes
Where the locality has a number of famous salons and spa services for the ladies, it also has a number of famous salons for men. These include:
- The Men’s Salon by Pengs situated 6 minutes away
- N Gents located 7 minutes away, next to the ladies branch in Clifton Block 4
- TONI & GUY at a driving distance of 5 minutes in Clifton Block 2
- Clippers Hair Salon for Men is 7 minutes away in 3rd Commercial lane in Zamzama
- Genesis Salon lies just 6 minutes away in Zamzama Commercial
A number of well-developed areas are in proximity to Bahria Icon Tower, Karachi. It connects with Saddar through Shahrah-e-Iran and with Gizri through the Zamzama Blvd. Seaview is almost a stone’s throw from Bahria Icon, less than a kilometre.
THINGS TO CONSIDER
Due to its proximity to all major areas of Karachi as well as schools, universities, mosque, parks and restaurants, Bahria Icon Tower is expected to become, as its name suggests, one of the most sought-after mixed-use projects in the city. Plus, the tower is a project of Bahria Town that has a number of successful projects under its belt, so genuine buyers need not to worry about their investment. Please note that although the structure is more or less complete, as of September 2019, construction work is still ongoing inside the tower.
Importance of Bahria Icon Tower, Karachi from major locations nearby
- Karachi Railway Station is just 12 minutes away via Sharah-e-Iran
- Jinnah International Airport is 23 kms away
- Clifton Beach is reachable within 4 minutes
- Saddar is located just 7 kms away
- Defence is 7 minutes away