ABOUT F-6 ISLAMABAD
Bounded by two parallel pairs of roads, 7th Avenue, Ataturk Avenue and Main Margalla Road/ Khayaban-e-Iqbal, Jinnah Avenue, F-6 Islamabad is located adjacent to sector F-7 and F-5. The latter pair of roads lines not just F-6 but sector F-5, F-7, F-8, F-9, F-10, and F-11, which is why the roads tend to host more commuters than any other road in the zone.
The sector is entirely developed and encircles both residential and commercial properties. F-6 is further divided into four subsectors named F-6/1, F-6/2, F-6/3 and F-6/4. F-6 Markaz, a central commercial area, joins all the four sectors, sitting right in the middle while traffic-laden thoroughfares named Agha Khan Road, School Road, Garden Road and Hill Road sprout from this Markaz.
You can find Nazim-ud-din Road, a salient avenue present across several sectors, running along Jinnah Avenue in F-6 Islamabad while a service road named Justice Abdul Rasheed Road runs parallel to the 7th Avenue in F-6.
Across Jinnah Avenue, you can find sector G-6 Islamabad located opposite to F-6 while Saidpur Village, Japanese Children Park, Islamabad Zoo, Trail 3 and Shalimar Cricket Ground are based across Main Margalla Road. A little trivia to plug-in here, Saidpur Village is the oldest settlement in the area that was present even before the existence of Islamabad. A very small part of the village still persists and is open for the tourist to experience rural life, culture and handicraft in Pakistan.
F-6 is well-connected to the rest of the zone, as well as to other zones because of its access to Kashmir Highway through Ataturk Avenue and 7th Avenue. Since Kashmir Highway is that significant interstate road which connects not only different zones of Islamabad but also the whole city to nearby cities and towns. Kashmir Highway connects Islamabad to Rawalpindi and Murree via Murree Road, to National Highway 5 and Rawalpindi through Islamabad Expressway, to Peshawar and Lahore through the Grand Trunk Road and to Motorway 1(M1) and Motorway 2 (M2). This link of F-6 with the road paves way for ease of both inter and intra city commute for the residents of the sector.
Like F-5 Islamabad, F-6 also hosts important offices but in a smaller volume for sure. The sector encompasses several embassies along with think tanks and centres of national programs. Few of the major spots enclosed within F-6 include:
- Embassy of Hungary in F-6/3
- Consulate General of Iceland in F-6/3
- Embassy of Bahrain, Islamabad in F-6/3
- Embassy of Sweden in F-6/3
- Embassy of Argentina, Islamabad in F-6/3
- Hashoo Park and CDA Park in F-6/3
- S Chalet Islamabad in F-6/3
- Strategic Vision Institute in F-6 Markaz
- Jehan Publications in F-6/4
- Islamabad National Press Club in F-6/1
- National Internship Program in F-6/1
- Riphah International University in F-6/1
- Embassy of Czech Republic in F-6/2
- Embassy of Greece in F-6/2
- The Cultural Consulate Islamic Republic of Iran in F-6/2
- Saudi Culture Office in F-6/2
- Embassy of Denmark in F-6/2
- USEFP in F-6/2
- IESCO Customer Services Center in F-6/1
- Central Board of Film Censors in F-6/4
- High Commission of Sri Lanka in F-6/4
- Somali Embassy Islamabad in F-6/4
- UNOPS in F-6/3
- High Commission of Bangladesh in F-6/3
- Embassy of Belarus in F-6/3
- Institute of Islamic Studies in F-6/3
- Master Ayoub School in F-6/3
The F-6 sector is home to designer brands, posh cafes and themed restaurants and has a commercial plaza named after a city in Massachusetts, Beverly Centre. You can also find prestigious education institutes and technologically advanced hospitals nearby. This reflects on what to expect in terms of the socio-economic reality of the residents of the sector. Undoubtedly, F-6 Islamabad is one of the most upscale sectors in Zone 1 and features residences of noteworthy officeholders, politicians and media personalities. This also incredibly improves the law and order conditions in the sector, making F-6 one of the most secure and safe places to lead a life in Pakistan.
The properties up for sale and rent in F-6 can be well defined as luxurious and one of their kind. A perfect mix of contemporary and classic architecture, houses in F-6 Islamabad look professionally designed and decorated. It goes without saying that the infrastructure is sleek and immaculate in design, donning modern architecture.
By the virtue of its location, its connectivity, the ease of commute, the quality of life on the offering, the lavish market and fine dining places and the breathtakingly beautiful construct of the properties, F-6 sector enjoys a great reputation in the real estate market of Islamabad.
AT A GLANCE
- Well developed and upscale
- Immense ease of commute
- Home to several embassies of foreign countries and other important institutes
- Robust security at the disposal
- Grand majestic houses
- Hosts numerous fine dining restaurants and cafes
- In proximity to major hospitals and prestigious education institutes
- Regular supply of electricity, water and gas
- Well connected to major roads running across the city
- Enjoys nearness with major recreational activity centres in the city
- Known for a green, calm and soothing ambience
- High quality of life offered
- Major attractions in the city are accessible
- Has Trail 3 located exceptionally nearby
FACILITIES, SCHOOLS AND HEALTHCARE
Public Transport in and near F-6 Islamabad
Easy access to public transport from your residence is a need that must be taken care of while making any real estate decision. Along with making life more convenient, the feature also adds immensely to the resale value of the property.
When living in a city like Islamabad where places are well connected due to an excellent city plan and that is largely inhabited by people hailing from nearby villages and cities, you commonly come to experience two kinds of transport; one constitutes intrastate travelling and the other is the interstate commute.
Intrastate transport includes travelling between different places located in the city. In Islamabad, there are different modes of intrastate transport with the primary being the Metrobus project.
Running across the twin cities of Islamabad and Rawalpindi, the Metrobus Project is a network of buses connecting the Pak Secretariat in Islamabad to Saddar in Rawalpindi, stretched over a length of 22 kilometres. There are 24 stations located on this route.
When it comes to the stations located near F-6 Islamabad, there are almost three stops that fall in proximity to the sector. These include:
- Parade Ground Metrobus Station on Jinnah Avenue is at a little more than 2 kilometres away from the centre of F-6 Islamabad
- Shaheed-e-Millat Metrobus Station on Jinnah Avenue is almost 3 kilometres away from F-6 Markaz
- 7th Avenue Metrobus Station near Blue Area is also a little more than 2 kilometres away from F-6 Islamabad
Other than Metrobus, local wagons, minibuses and Suzukis are also run on particular routes. You can catch these rides near Super Market. Routes that pass by Super Market F-6 are number 01, 06, 12, 14 and 21/A.
Apart from that yellow taxis and ride-hailing apps can be availed by the residents of F-6 Islamabad to travel within the city.
Coming down to interstate commute, there are three simple means of public transport available for it. Amongst these, the closest stop is of Margalla Railway Station Islamabad in H-9 that is located at a distance of almost 11 kilometres from F-6. Good thing is that located in Melody Market G-6, the Railway Reservation Information Office is just 6 minutes’ drive away from F-6.
Other than trains, people tend to go to nearby villages and other cities by buses as well. The nearest such terminal is in Karachi Company, G-9 where you can catch buses to different neighbouring villages and cities. The terminal is called Niazi Express and can be reached within 15 minutes’ drive from the sector F-6.
Faisal Movers is a network of luxury bus services running across the country. Faisal Movers Al-Makkah Terminal is the closest stop which is almost 12 kilometres away from F-6.
Daewoo Express Terminal on Peshawar Road, located next to NUST is roughly a 20-kilometre drive from F-6 Islamabad. Here you can find terminals of other buses as well.
If you want to travel by air then Islamabad International Airport is almost 36 kilometres away from F-6 via Kashmir Highway.
Markets in and near F-6 Islamabad
No matter how prepared you are all the time, a single trip to the market is inevitable. That said, for the shopping of luxurious items like clothes, shoes and cosmetics, you might have no issues in travelling a little afar, it is the little basic day-to-day items like medicines, grocery, milk, bread and eggs for which no one likes to cover miles. This is why to ensure convenience in life, it is necessary to have markets at a walking distance from the residence.
In the case of F-6 Islamabad, there are three to four markets based within the sector. Here is more detail about these markets.
- F-6 Markaz which is also known as F-6 Super Market is the biggest market located within the sector, placed right in the middle of it. This central position allows residents from all the four subsectors to reach the marketplace easily. F-6 Markaz has School Road on one side and Agha Khan Road on the other. Apart from boasting fancy eateries, A class gyms, high profile offices and branches of almost every bank operational in Pakistan, you can also find a Shell Fuel Station, Pakistan Post Office, Hashoo Foundations, Workers Welfare Funds and brands like Chapter 2 by Khaadi, Muse, the Paper Microphone, TCS Express Centre, the Diner’s Shop, Simla Cloth House, Jenza Leather, ECS, the Cambridge Shop, Durrani and Co., Alam the House of Bonanza, Satrangi, Servis Shoes, Haroon’s, the North Face, Uniworth Dress Co., Shaheen Chemists, Shaheen Grocers, Shaheen Optics, Shaheen Departmental Store, Saeed Ghani, Marco Polo Carpets, Time Vision Rado Centre, 4Square, Go Fresh Meat Shop, Bareeze, One Shop Toys, Print Mall, the Vintage Shop, SRB Business Centre, Wilson & Co., Total Fuel Station, Lawrencepur Fabrics, Baby Care, Illusions, Kashmir Art Emporium, New Maharaja Handicrafts, Bata Shoes, Paolo Rossi Shoes, Arqs Shoes, Hush Puppies and Victoria Furniture House.
- A kilometre’s walk away from the centre of the sector, China Market is a small commercial place in F-6/4 where you can find one or two grocery shops and a few furniture brands like Zeenat Furniture, Islamabad House Imported Furniture, and Furniture Market. You can also find the office of the Central Board of Film Censors nearby.
- Tucked in a corner of F-6/3, Kohsar Market is located at a 13-minute walk from the centre of the sector. Many famous restaurants in Islamabad are located in this market. Apart from that, you can find daily items shops like Farm’s Fresh, A.M. Grocers, Esajee’s, Qureshi Fresh Frozen Foods and G N Store here. A book shop named London Books is also based in Kohsar Market. The posh commercial area boasts Islamabad’s only Electric Vehicle Charging Station as well.
- Farooqia Market in F-6/1 is a very small marketplace that is 950 metres away from the centre of the sector. Here you can find a general store and stationers.
- Beverly Centre in Blue Area F-6/1 is a little more than 1 kilometre away from the centre of the sector. The commercial area has a few offices, famous eateries and boasts names like Shirt & Tie Shop Uniworth, Jafferjees, LifeStyle Collection, World-Class Suiting, Rolex Islamabad, HUB and a PSO Petrol Pump.
- Along with the sector, in the area between Nazim-ud-din Road and Jinnah Avenue, not only will you come across several eateries but numerous offices for currency exchange, travel agents, document attestation, mobiles, communications, importers, banks and energy houses.
The aforementioned marketplaces are stationed within sector F-6 Islamabad. For markets that are located outside the sector but still in proximity, you can explore neighbouring sectors F-7, G-6, and G-7. There is at least one commercial area named Markaz in each of these sectors. You can reach F-7 Markaz, G-7 Markaz and G-6 Markaz within 10 minutes’ drive from the centre of F-6. Apart from these Markaz, you can find other small markets in these respective sectors. These markets sell everything, from medicines to fruits and vegetables.
Moreover, Blue Area, the commercial hub of the city is also only 6 minutes’ drive away from F-6 Islamabad.
Mosques in and near F-6 Islamabad
Having a mosque within walking distance is always a blessing. One does not have to worry about the traffic, getting late to the Friday congregation prayer or anything when you live near a Masjid.
Luckily, F-6 Islamabad has numerous mosques in proximity with at least one located in every subsector. Here is a list of the mosques based within the sector F-6.
- Located in the premises of the CDA Park F-6/3, Aqsa Masjid Ahl-e-Hadith is a beautiful mosque that is merely 9 minutes’ walk away from the centre of the sector. The architecture of the mosque is unconventional and sleek which sets it apart from other mosques in the region. There is also a parking area for those who come by car or bikes. Moreover, a section is assigned to women as well so that they can also offer congregation prayer, especially on Fridays. The conditions of the mosque are good with proper cleanliness inside and outside the mosque.
- Motomar Islamic Masjid in F-6 Markaz is just 8 minutes’ walk away from the centre of the sector. The mosque is associated with the World Muslim Congress which is also known as Motamar Al Alam Al Islami. The body has been affiliated with the United Nations through ECOSOC and UNICEF along with Organization of the Islamic Conference (OIC). The congress was founded in Makkah in 1926. Coming back to Motomar Islamic Masjid in F-6 Markaz, the mosque is surrounded by greenery and dons simple yet beautiful architecture that does not try to hide the wrinkles of time from the face of the holy place.
- Jamia Masjid on Agha Khan Road in F-6/1 is a 6-minute walk from the centre of the sector. The mosque also has a Madarassa and Islamic books shop within its premises.
- Ghousia Mosque on Street 38 of F-6/1 is located at a walking distance of 600 metres from the centre of the sector.
- Named after a great companion of the Prophet Muhammad (P.B.U.H), Jamia Mosque Sa’d ibn Mu’adh in F-6/1 is merely 1 kilometre away from the centre of the sector.
- Jamia Masjid Farooqia in F-6/1 is only 900 metres away from the centre. The mosque has two sections for the congregation prayer with one being an open-air compound and the other being an air-conditioned, roofed space. Hot water is also available during winters for ablution (Wudhu).
- Jamia Masjid Nimra in F-6/4 is merely a kilometre’s walk away from the centre of the sector while Makki Masjid in F-6/4 is 900 metres away.
- 1 kilometre away from the centre of the sector, Jamia Masjid Kohsar is located in Kohsar Market in F-6/3. The mosque is known for its low roof and calm environment.
Largest mosque in the country and the fourth largest in the world in terms of capacity, Faisal Mosque on Shah Faisal Avenue E-8 is roughly 5 kilometres away from the centre of F-6 Islamabad. The mosque is one of the most famous tourist places in Pakistan and was built in 1987 as a gift from the Saudi King Faisal bin Abdul Aziz. This is the reason why the mosque is named after the late ruler. The architect of the mosque is Turkish whose design got selected after an international competition. Contemporary architecture with minarets so unique yet magnificent, Faisal Mosque is a wonder tucked in the foothills of Margalla.
Other mosques that are located outside the sector F-6 but in proximity are PTV HQ Mosque and NTC Mosque in F-5/1, Al Khizar Mosque in Saidpur, Masjid Farooq e Azam in F-7/3, Masjid Al Huda and Masjid Bab ul Islam in F-7 Markaz, Jamia Masjid Syedena Farooquie Azam in G-7/2, Al Asr Mosque, Umer Mosque and Masjid Daar us Salam in G-6/2, Bilal Masjid in G-6/3 and Masjid e Usman in G-6 Markaz. These can be reached within 5 to 10 minutes’ drive from the centre of F-6 Islamabad.
Schools, Colleges And Universities in and near F-6 Islamabad
Islamabad is known for its prestigious educational institutes. Students from all over the country, especially from the neighbouring small towns and villages, throng the capital to pursue their professional studies. However, higher education is not the only good thing about the city. You can also find reputable schools and colleges here.
F-6 Islamabad is dotted with numerous educational institutes of different education levels. Given below is the list of schools located in the premises of the sector F-6 and some more information about these names.
- Headstart Elementary School is located in F-6/2 at a 3-minute drive from the centre of the sector. The school is a branch of a very prestigious chain of schools in Pakistan that was founded in 1993 and that imparts Cambridge education. The elementary school constitutes grades from 2nd to 7th and a creative combination of curricular and co-curricular content is used to prepare the students to excel in every field of life. Some of the very interesting subjects offered by the school include robotics, Chinese language, computer studies, music, sports, and arts. Other than that, areas like the English language, Urdu language, mathematics, science, Islamiat, history and geography are given equal attention. Famous co-curricular activities organized in Headstart Elementary School include annual class plays, cultural day, sports day, reading week, debates, field trips, robotics fair, science fair, kangaroo competition, school football and cricket matches. After school classes are also offered by the school which basically consist of taekwondo classes, football training, music and art classes.
- Dar e Arqam Primary School in F-6/1 is a 3-minute drive from the centre of the sector. It is a branch of another reputable countrywide school network spread across the country. The network was founded in 1991 with the foundation of a single school in Sargodha. Today there are more than 700 branches of the school around the country. Dar-e-Arqam schools believe that along with modern education to take on the world head-on, students also need Islamic education to strike a balance. This is why a mix of modern and religious curriculum is used to engage the students academically.
- Nangial Tariq Shaheed Model School for Boys in F-6/2 is only 1 kilometre away from the centre of the sector while the Federal Government (FG) Junior Model School is merely 950 metres away.
- Islamabad Model School for Girls in F-6/1 is at a 4-minute drive from the centre of the sector. The school is run by the Federal government and consists of classes from VI to X.
- Master Ayub in the CDA Park in F-6/3 is just a half a kilometre away from the centre of the sector. The school is an open-air academy for underprivileged students where education is provided free of cost by Muhammad Ayub Khan who is known as Master Ayub. Mr Ayub is a firefighter by day and an educator and philanthropist by night. He has also been awarded the Pride of Performance title from the government of Pakistan. Master Ayub School is also visited by influencers and celebrities to show solidarity for the cause of education in the country.
- There are three daycare centres in F-6 Islamabad. TinyTots Daycare and Preschool in F-6/4 is roughly 1 kilometre away from the centre of the sector. The institute has trained professional nannies for child care and experienced teachers for the preschool. Kidz Garden Daycare and Preschool in F-6/1 is just 3 minutes’ drive away from the centre of the sector. It is a no-bag school where students are taught through practical activities. Wee World Daycare in F-6/1 is at a 5-minute drive.
Outside F-6 Islamabad, in proximity to the residents of the sector, you can find several other esteemed schools.
In G-6/3 Islamabad, Lahore Grammar School, a leading schooling network with its footprints all over the country, is based at a distance of a little more than 2 kilometres from F-6. The very first branch of LGS was established in 1979 and since then the brand has only grown. The school imparts O and A Levels education with Primary, Junior, Middle, Senior and A levels section. It is an all-girls school and now has its alumni ii prestigious universities located abroad like the University of Cambridge and Yale University.
Other reputable schools located outside but in proximity to F6 include Beaconhouse School System in F-7, Froebel’s International School Islamabad in F-7/2, Roots Millennium Schools Trafalgar Campus in F-7, Liberal Arts High School in F-7/2, Islamabad Convent School F-8/4, the Educators and Hallmark Public School in G-6/1, and Islamabad School Of Excellence in G-6/2. All these schools can be reached within 11 minutes’ drive from F-6 Islamabad.
When it comes to colleges, there is one located within the sector and several others outside it. Islamabad Model College for Girl Shalimar College in F-6/2 is just a kilometre away from the centre of the sector. The college consists of intermediate level classes with premedical, pre-engineering and computer science as electives. It is considered one of the best colleges in the city. Other colleges include Punjab College of Science in Blue Area G-6/2, IMCG in F-7/4, Federal Government College for Women F-7/2, Indus Group of Colleges in Blue Area G-7/3, Islamabad College for Boys in G-6/3, Jinnah Muslim Law College Aabpara Market G-6/1, Islamic International Dental College and Hospital in G-7/4, and Islamabad Model College for Girls G-6/1. You can reach any of these colleges within 10 minutes’ drive from the centre of F-6 Islamabad.
There are no universities located in sector F-6 Islamabad. That said, there are a few very famous ones based in the neighbouring sectors. Starting off with the closest, Hamdard University Blue Area (New Campus) in G-6/3. The university was founded in 1991 by Shaheed Hakim Mohammed Said who is better known as the founder of Hamdard Pakistan, the country’s most popular herbal medicinal products. As we write, there are three campuses of the university; two in Karachi and one in the Blue Area of Islamabad which is relatively new. A wide range of faculties and programs are offered by Hamdard University. The faculties taught at the university include faculty of management sciences, faculty of humanities and social sciences, faculty of eastern medicine, faculty of law, faculty of pharmacy and faculty of engineering sciences and technology. Under these faculties, the undergraduate, graduate and postgraduate programs entail BBA, BS in Total Quality Management, BS in Health and Safety Environment, BS in Industrial Management, MBA in Total Quality Management, Supply Chain Management, HRM, Finance, Marketing, Healthcare, BS English, B.Ed. (Hons), M.Ed., M.Phil. Education, BEMS, BS Human Nutrition and Dietetics, M.Phil Eastern Medicine, PhD Eastern Medicine, LL.B., Pharm. D., BE in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Biomedical Engineering, Electronics Engineering and Computer System Engineering, BS in Software Engineering, Computer Science, Food Sciences and Technology, Electronics Engineering Technology, Bachelors of Computer Arts, ME Electrical Engineering with specialization in Power System, Communication Systems and Network, Control and Automation, and Electronic Engineering, MS Energy and Environment, MS Computer Science with specialization in Computer and Communication Networks, Software Engineering, Ph. D. in Electrical Engineering and Computer Science.
Islamabad campus of Pakistan Institute of Fashion Design is located near Ataturk Avenue in G-6/3. The university is almost 3 kilometres away from the centre of sector F-6 Islamabad. It is one of the very rare universities in Pakistan that rolls out programs in fashion and design.
Federal Urdu University of Arts, Science and Technology (FUUAST) in G-7/1 near Zero Point is roughly 5 kilometres away from the centre of F-6 Islamabad. The university was built in 2002 and happens to be the first one where all the programs are taught in Urdu. The programs offered at FUUAST are B.Sc Electrical Engineering, BS Applied Physics, BBA, B.Com, BS Economics, BS Economics and Finance, BS Islamic Studies, LLB, LLM, MSc Computer Science, MSc Applied Physics, MBA (1.5 years, 3.5 years & Executive), MBF, MA Urdu, MA Islamic Studies, MSc. Economics, MS Electrical Engineering, M.Phil. Economics, MS Business Administration, M.Phil Applied Physics, MS Computer Science, M.Phil Urdu, M.Phil Islamic Studies, PhD Economics and PhD Urdu. Evening programs are also offered by the university, amongst which you can find BS Applied Physics, B.Com, MBA (1.5 years, 3.5 years & Executive) and MBF. A digital library is also available at the disposal of the students of the university.
RIPHAH INTERNATIONAL UNIVERSITY
Chartered by the federal government of Pakistan in 2002, Riphah International University has five campuses in the twin cities of Rawalpindi and Islamabad, out of which three are based in proximity to the sector F-6. Riphah International University City Campus I is located in G-7/4 on 7th Avenue at an 8-minute drive from the centre of F-6 Islamabad. The campus encompasses Riphah Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences Islamic International Dental College, Riphah College of Rehabilitation Sciences for Male Students only and Riphah Institute of Healthcare Improvement and Safety.
City Campus II of Riphah International University is based in Evacuee Trust Complex in F-5 which is just a 5-minute drive away from F-6. This is where the Riphah Institute of Public policy, Riphah Institute of Systems Engineering and Riphah NCUK Program are based.
Riphah WISH (Women’s Institute of Science and Humanities) Campus located in sector H-8 is almost 8 kilometres away from F-6. It is a women-only campus where you can find Riphah College of Rehabilitation Sciences, Department of Social Science and Humanities and Faculty of Computing.
A wide range of diploma, undergraduate, graduate and postgraduate programs are offered by the university. The list entails MBBS, BDS, BS Media Studies, BS Mass Communication, BS Film Production, BS Game Design and Production, BBA (after 12 and 14 years of education), BS Project & Supply Chain Management, BS Accounting and Finance, BS Software Engineering, BS Computer Science (male only), BS Computer Arts (female only), BSc Electrical Engineering, BSc Biomedical Engineering, BS Mathematics, BS Physics, BS English Linguistics & Literature (female only), BS Applied Psychology (female only), Doctor of Physical Therapy, Doctor of Pharmacy, International Foundation Year (Engineering, Business, Accounting & Finance), Post Graduate Diplomas in Computer Science, MSc Pain Medicine, Diploma in Anesthesia, MA Media Production, MA Broadcast Journalism, Diploma in Motion Graphics and Editing, PGD Visual Effects and Compositing, PGD TV Production, MSC Mass Communication, MBA, Professional Graduate Diplomas in Management Sciences, MCom, MSc Mathematics, MSc Physics, MA English Linguistics and Literature (female only), MSc Applied Psychology (female only), PGD in Professional Ethics and Teaching Methodology, Advanced diploma inClinical Psychology, Livestock Assistant Diploma, Masters in Health Profession Education (MHPE), M.Phil Basic Medical Sciences, M.Phil. Basic Dental Sciences, MS Management Sciences, MS Project Management, MS Engineering Management, MS Healthcare Management, MS Accounting and Finance, MS Media Studies, MS Software Engineering, MS Computer Science, MS Electrical Engineering, MS Biomedical Engineering, MS Data Sciences, MS Speech-Language Pathology Therapy, MS Cardiopulmonary Physical Therapy, MS Neuromuscular Physical Therapy, MS Orthopedic Manual Physical Therapy, MS Sports Physical Therapy, MS Women Health Physical Therapy, MPhil Pharmacology, MPhil Pharmaceutics, MPhil Pharmaceutical Chemistry, MPhil Pharmacognosy, MPhil Mathematics, MPhil Physics, MPhil Statistics, MPhil Public Policy, PhD Management Sciences, PhD Computing, PhD Electrical Engineering, PhD Biomedical Engineering, PhD Mathematics, PhD Physics, PhD Statistics, PhD Pharm Chemistry, PhD Pharmacology, PhD Pharmaceutics and PhD Creative Art and Communication.
Other famous universities located near F-6 Islamabad are Sir Syed CASE Institute of Technology on Ataturk Avenue in G-5/1, Prime University in G-6/4, F.G. Margalla College for Women in F-7/4, Air University Islamabad in E-9, Bahria University in E-8, Allama Iqbal Open University Islamabad in H-8/2, Preston University in H-8/1, Salafia University in H-8/1. All of these can be reached within 4 to 16 minutes’ drive from F-6.
Banks in and near F-6 Islamabad
Money matters usually require urgent actions and so, having your bank near your residence can always come in handy. F-6 Islamabad has a great number of banks enclosed within the sector.
F-6 Markaz alone has not one, not two but at least seven bank branches. Since Markaz is always the centre of the sector, residents of every subsector have easy access to these banks. To the side of F-6 Markaz that runs along the School Road, you can find HBL, Meezan Bank, Allied Bank, and United Bank Limited (UBL). On the street behind these, you can find Muslim Commercial Bank (MCB Bank) and Bank Islami. The side of F-6 Markaz that runs along Agha Khan Road hosts Bank Alfalah, Summit Bank and National Bank of Pakistan. All these branches are not more than 4 minutes’ drive away from the centre of the sector.
Apart from F-6 Markaz, you can find a series of banks on the section of F-6 that coincides with Blue Area. These include JS Bank near Ataturk Avenue, Bank Alfalah, Soneri Bank, First Women Bank Ltd. (FWBL), the First Microfinance Bank Ltd., and HBL Asset Management in F-6/4 Blue Area, United Bank Limited Head Office, First Women Bank Ltd. (FWBL), and SME Bank Ltd. Head Office in F-6/1 Blue Area. It won’t take you more than 7 minutes by car to reach any of these banks from the centre of F-6.
You can also find several banks across Jinnah Avenue, on the section of Blue Area that coincides with G-6. These banks are National Bank of Pakistan (NBP), MCB Islamic Bank, Faysal Bank, ABL Group Headquarter North 2, Dubai Islamic Bank, Summit Bank, and Samba Bank in G-6/2 Blue Area, Bank of Punjab, Askari Bank Limited, Habib Metro Bank, MCB Bank Main Branch, Meezan Bank and the Bank of Khyber in G-6/3 Blue Area. It won’t take you more than 9 minutes’ drive from the centre of F-6 to reach any of these banks. You can also visit the neighbouring sectors of F-7 and G-7 for more banks.
Clinics and Hospitals in and near F-6 Islamabad
Every second counts while reaching out for medical assistance in case of an emergency. Timely access to healthcare facilities can save lives, just as the opposite of it can prove to be fatal. Given this, before buying or renting any property, one must make sure that you can find quality medical facilities in the neighbourhood.
That said, people living in F-6 Islamabad do not need to worry. The sector has enough clinics to tend to the residents’ medical needs.
For issues related to skincare, you can go to Islamabad Premium Aesthetic and Laser Clinic (IPAL Skin Clinic) in F-6 Markaz, Dr Fazeela Abbasi Clinic in F-6/4, Dr Ruxana Kazi esthetic Skin Clinic in F-6/3 or Dr Lubna Laser X Clinic on School Road in F-6/2. It will take you a 3-minute drive from the centre of sector F-6 to reach both.
Aziz Medical Center in F-6/3 is an outpatient clinic that provides emergency medical assistance with comprehensive diagnostic facilities. It also provides the facility of medical tests required in the process of visa-seeking, especially for the countries like United States, Malaysia, Australia, New Zealand and Greece. It will take you a 2-minute drive to reach the clinic from the centre of the sector.
You can also go to Dr Zahid Ahmed Clinic in F-6 Markaz if in need of any medical help. The clinic is a 2-minute walk from the centre of the sector.
Arshad Health Clinic in F-6/3 is another outpatient clinic that is 5 minutes’ drive away from the centre of the sector. The services offered by the clinic include hospitalization, field services (emergency assistance), diagnostics, health assessments, DNA sampling and testing, medical evacuations, expatriates’ care, immunization, first aid, psychiatric services, embassy/via medical, school healthcare, physiotherapy, biological monitoring and community welfare.
Center for Diabetes & Liver Disease on Hill Road in F-6/2 is a 2-minute drive from the centre of the sector. Apart from running awareness campaigns on the subject, the services offered by the centre are in the department of gastroenterology and digestive clinic, endocrinology clinic, LIPIDS clinic, hypertension clinic, bronchial asthma clinic, internal medicine, obesity clinic, gastroenterology, rheumatology, and physiotherapy. Here you can also get other medical procedures done like upper GI endoscopy, colonoscopy, liver biopsy, esophageal and gastric dilatation and achalasia dilation. Located near to this clinic, you will find Western Dental Practice Clinic on Hill Road at a distance of 650 metres from the centre of the sector.
In F-6/3, on Main Agha Khan Road, Cough Centre Allergy and Asthma Clinic is based at a distance of a little less than 1 kilometre from the centre of the sector. As the name suggests, the centre offers cough treatment and has asthma and allergy clinics.
A swarm of clinics is located on the other side of the Jinnah Avenue in Blue Area that runs along G-6. The area hosts Dental Home Clinic, Cardiac Clinic, Pain Clinic, Assisted Reproductive Technology Centre, Prof Dr Saad Rana Clinic, Test Tube Baby IVF Centre, Skin, Hair, Nail and Laser Clinic Dr Mobeen Khan in G-6/2, and Al Shifa Trust Eye Hospital Clinic and Laser Cosmetics Clinic in G-6/3. You can reach any of these healthcare facilities within 5 to 8 minutes’ drive from the centre of F-6 Islamabad.
Other clinics located in the nearby sectors are Lodhi Clinic in Melody Market of G-6 Markaz, Family Health Clinic in G-6/3, Ayesha Clinic in G-6/2, the Family Clinic in F-7 Markaz, the Dental Consultants in Jinnah Super Market F-7 Markaz, Zafar Ultrasound Clinic on Fazal ul Haq Road Blue Area, Ultrasonic Clinic in Blue Area G-7/2, ICSI Clinic in Blue Area F-7/4, Advanced Ultrasound Clinic in Blue Area G-7/3 and Allergy and Asthma Centre in Blue Area G-7/3. All of these clinics are not more than 5 kilometres away from F-6 Islamabad.
That said, if the medical condition requires inpatient treatment then the patient must be rushed to the nearest hospital. It is in this situation that your residence must enjoy proximity to hospitals that are known for their quality service and seasoned professionals. Gratefully, F-6 has several if not many major hospitals of the city located nearby.
- Among these, Abid Hospital is the nearest with a little less than 3 kilometres’ distance from F-6. The hospital is located in Huma Plaza opposite to Polyclinic Hospital in Blue Area G-6 and offers outpatient and inpatient services in general medicine, general surgery, orthopaedic surgery, gynaecology and obstetric surgery along with conducting diagnostic tests. AbidHospital has made it all over the news, national and international both, for being the first Pakistani hospital that accepts cryptocurrency.
- Polyclinic Hospital in G-6/2 is another well-trusted healthcare facility that lies 3 kilometres away from the centre of F-6 Islamabad. Run by the Federal Government, the hospital remains open 24 hours and has both, outpatient and inpatient facility.
- Located on Jinnah Avenue, G-7/3 Blue Area, Kulsum International Hospital is a private medical organization that is 8 minutes’ drive away from F-6. A project by Saif Group, the hospital is famous for its exceptionally brilliant cardiac department. Other departments of the hospital include pulmonology, orthopedics, general and laparoscopic surgery, general medicine, neurology, physiotherapy, bariatric surgery, anesthesiology, dentistry, dermatology, food and nutrition, cardiac surgery, spinal surgery, plastic surgery, gastroenterology, ENT, urology, nephrology, pathology, radiology, neurosurgery, rheumatology, diabetes and obesity centre. Kulsum International Hospital Pharmacy is another feature that adds to the welfare of the patients. The hospital also has the facility of online dissemination of medical reports. The team of Kulsum International Hospital includes some of the best doctors of the city.
- MEDICSi is another well-reputed hospital that is based in F-7/4 Blue Area on Jinnah Avenue at a distance of a little less than 3 kilometres from F-6. The hospital treats illnesses related to obstetrics and gynaecology, surgery, medicine, pediatrics and other subspecialties. Outpatient facility is available in the after and in patient round-the-clock. That said, taking an appointment is a must if you want to see a doctor at MEDICSi. The departments in the hospital include Obstetrics for pre-pregnancy advice, antenatal care child-birth, postnatal care, planning future pregnancies; Gynaecology for puberty counselling, contraception, menstrual problems,urinary problems, uterine prolapse, premenstrual problems, menopausal complications, cervical screening and breast diseases; Infertility for ART (assisted reproductive techniques), and Laboratory for tests like blood group, CBC, ESR, clotting profile, blood sugar, LFT, RFT, FSH, LH prolactin, testosterone, TSH, T 3 T 4, HBsAG, HCV HIV.
- CDA Hospital in G-6/2 is a little more than 3 kilometres away from the centre of F-6. As the name suggests, the hospital is a project by Capital Development Authority, established when a daycare was expanded into an outpatient and inpatient medical facility that treats CDA employees for free. That said, the hospital is open for non-CDA employees as well but they are charged for the services. Departments in CDA Hospital include anesthesiology, general surgery, biomedical engineering, CDA C.A.R.E.S, dental surgery, dermatology, ENT, emergency, ophthalmology, gynaecology and obstetrics, general medicine, nephrology, nuclear cardiology, orthopaedics, paediatrics, pathology, physiotherapy, psychiatry, radiology, and urology.
- PIMS Hospital Islamabad in G-8/3 is another big hospital that is merely 13 minutes’ drive away from the centre of F-6. Pakistan Institute of Medical Sciences (PIMS) is a teaching hospital founded by the government for the residents of Islamabad. The hospital remains open 24 hours a day and has both, outpatient and inpatient facilities. PIMS Hospital Islamabad has department of Accidents and Emergency, Burn Center, Critical Care, ENT, General Medicine, Neurosurgery, Ophthalmology, Paediatric Medicine, Plastic Surgery, Radiology, Anesthesia, Cardiac Surgery, Dentistry, General Surgery, Neonatology, Nephrology, Orthopaedic Surgery, Pathology, Psychiatry, Rheumatology or Physical Medicine, Cardiology, Dermatology, Gastroenterology, Gynaecology and Obstetrics, Neurology, Oncology, Paediatric Surgery, Pulmonology, Urology, Blood Bank and Pharmacy. Online consultations are also available on the website of the hospital.
For eye related illnesses, you can either visit Jahangir Eye Hospital on Fazl-ul-Haq Road, Blue Area G-6/2 that is at a 7-minute drive from F-6 or Amanat Eye Hospital Islamabad in F-7/4 that is at a 5-minute drive from F-6.
PROPERTIES IN F-6 ISLAMABAD
Before making any real estate deal, it is imperative to survey the market for trending buying and rental rates of the different kinds of properties. This precursor will not only save you from getting ripped off but will also help you make an informed decision, taking into consideration the many options you have and the resources you want to exhaust.
F-6 Islamabad is an extremely posh sector that abounds in a miscellany of houses, flats, plots and commercial properties. These properties are owned or rented by the who’s who of the city including media celebrities, sports stars, politicians and bureaucrats.
The properties span over areas greater than 1 Kanal; these are luxurious in interior and grand in infrastructure. You can also find spacious lawns in every other house up for sale and rent in F-6.
To facilitate you further in this regard, we have listed down the price ranges of the properties up for sale and rent in F-6. That being said, it is pertinent to remember that all these prices are subject to change with time or any fluctuation in the market.
Sales Price Trends in F-6 Islamabad
Houses for Sale in F-6 Islamabad
There are numerous houses up for sale in F-6 Islamabad, the prices of which vary from PKR 4.5 crore to PKR 1 Arab.
You can buy a 5 marla house in F-6 Islamabad for about PKR 1.85 crore to PKR 7 crore while for you to buy a 10 marla in F-6, you would need PKR 4.5 crore to PKR 35 crore.
The price of a 1 Kanal house in F-6 Islamabad can go as low as PKR 6.5 crore and as high as PKR 7.5 crore.
Plots for Sale in F-6 Islamabad
F-6 Islamabad has a good number of plots up for sale. As in the case of houses in F-6, there is a great variety of plots in the sector in terms of area covered. Most of these plots cover more than 2 kanal.
If you wish to buy a 5 marla plot in F-6 Islamabad, you should keep aside PKR 9.95 lakh to PKR 20.95 lakh. A 10 marla plot in F-6 Islamabad can cost you PKR 2 crore at the lowest and this price can hike up to PKR 12 crore as well.
To buy a 1 Kanal plot in F-6 Islamabad, one must have a budget of somewhere between PKR 7 crore to PKR 34 crore.
Flats for Sale in F-6 Islamabad
There are few flats available for sale in F-6 Islamabad as we write but keep following this space and you will be notified as soon as anything comes up.
Rent Price Trends in F-6 Islamabad
Houses for Rent in F-6 Islamabad
It is extremely important to do detailed homework before rushing into renting any property. This is because it is not a one-time transaction and you have to take money out of your pocket every month.
There are numerous houses up for rent in the F-6 sector with their rental prices ranging from PKR 46.5 thousand per month to PKR 20 lakh per month.
For you to rent a 1 Kanal house in F-6, an amount of PKR 50 thousand to PKR 1.8 lakh would be charged each month.
Flats for Rent in F-6 Islamabad
F-6 Islamabad has a few flats up for rent in the sector; these comprise of 2 to 3-bed properties. That said, this is probably one of the very rare sectors where you can get flats the size of bungalows i.e even bigger than 1 Kanal in area. The infrastructure is also not that of a flat, the rooms are more well ventilated and capacious, the roofs are higher, there is access to a common garden and most importantly, you have enough space to organize big parties.
For you to rent a 5 marla flat in F-6 Islamabad, you would need to pay PKR 60 thousand per month and the rent of a 10 marla flat in F-6 can go up to PKR 1.2 lakh.
As mentioned above, the sector also encompasses 1 Kanal flats; the rent of 1 Kanal flats in F-6 Islamabad is around PKR 2.25 lakh, payable each month.
Commercial Properties in F-6 Islamabad
F-6 Islamabad has numerous commercial properties up for both sale and rent. These properties majorly include shops, offices and buildings. The sale and rental prices of these properties are given below.
Commercial Properties for Sale in F-6 Islamabad
A 5 marla commercial property in F-6 Islamabad can cost you somewhere between PKR 4.25 crore to PKR 9 crore while a 10 marla commercial property in F-6 Islamabad can cost you up to almost PKR 10 crore.
For a 1 Kanal commercial property in F-6 Islamabad, you would need somewhere around PKR 13 crore to PKR 2.5 Arab.
Commercial Properties for Sale in F-6 Islamabad
There are numerous commercial properties up for rent in F-6 Islamabad. Amongst these, you can rent a 5 marla commercial property in F-6 for PKR 5 lakh to PKR 10 lakh per month.
That said, a 10 marla commercial property in F-6 Islamabad can be rented for around PKR 85 thousand per month and a 1 Kanal commercial property in F-6 Islamabad will cost you around PKR 12 lakh, payable each month.
MOST POPULAR AREAS IN F-6 ISLAMABAD
There are four subsectors in F-6 Islamabad: F-6/1, F-6/2, F-6/3 and F-6/4. All these four are connected through F-6 Markaz, the commercial area that lies in the centre of the sector and coincides with all the subsectors.
As per the buying trends of properties in F-6 Islamabad collected by Zameen in January 2020, the subsector F-6/3 enjoys the most popularity with 76.9% of the total searches. The second most popular is F-6/1 and third most popular subsector is F-6/2 among potential property buyers.
According to the rental trends of properties in F-6 Islamabad collected by Zameen in January 2020, the subsector F-6/3 enjoys the most popularity with F-6/1 being the second most popular and F-6/2 being the third most popular.
SHOPPING, RESTAURANTS, AND BAKERIES
Malls near F-6 Islamabad
Although Islamabad is the capital of Pakistan, the mall culture is slowly catching up and has not yet reached the scope that we see in Karachi or Lahore. Having said that, whatever few malls are present in the city, they have been built by keeping in mind that no part of the city falls too far away from the recreational site.
F-6 Islamabad also falls in proximity to the popular malls in Islamabad. One such name that is nearest to the sector is Safa Gold Mall. Located in F-7 Markaz, the mall is roughly 2 kilometres away from F-6. Safa Gold Mall is laden with popular local and international brands of clothes, shoes, cosmetics and much more. The mall also hosts leisure activities along with boasting a food court that is a home to different eateries. The brands you can come across in Safa Gold Mall are TESORO Accessories, Shaheen Grocers, Limelight, Reebok, Nike, Adidas, Batik, Charles & Leith, Timberland, Second Cup Coffee Company, Apple Store, Cambridge, Accessorize, TAGHeuer, Solitaire, Junaid Jamshed, Mausummery, So Kamal, Sana Safinaz, Ethnic by Outfitters, Charcoal, Royal Tag, Cougar, Crocs, Khaadi, Next, Mothercare, Outfitters, Miniso, Denizen Levi’s, D. Watson Optician, Lingerie Lounge, Uniworth, Carter’s, Logo, Cotton and Silk, the Body Shop, Diner’s Zeen, Skechers, Zippy, Home Twenty One, Vegas Cosmetics, Hipster, Little People, Cross Stitch, Satrangi, Minnie Minors, Hopscotch, Chester Bernard, Rollover, Hemani, Dollar King Dollar Store, Style & Comfort by Lazboy, Dolce Vita Home, Afghan Carpet, Ximi Life Vogue, Index Furniture, KFC, McDonald’s, Nisar Charsi Tikka, Kim Mun, Coldstone, Namak Mandi, Khiva, Rewayat, Eat “N” Go, Crunchies, Tayto, My Doner, Zahrat Lebanon, Dixy Chicken, Daal Chaawal, Yeah Cheese, Bombay Chowpatty, Rendezvous, Bhaati Gate, King’s Creamery, Buncheese, Frozi, Chaaye Paratha, Pizza Hut, Road Stroves, Sam’s Grill, Angelo’s, Orango, and PizzaKone. The leisure activities in the mall include Kids and Teens Entertainment Playing area, Ice Skating Area, Bowling Club and Gym.
Another mall that falls in proximity to F-6 Islamabad is the Centaurus Mall, one of the most famous landmarks of the city for which it is known all over the country. Centaurus is a megaproject that is divided into a huge mall and luxury apartments. Located in F-8, the mall is a little less than 5 kilometres away from F-6 Islamabad. From local and national brands of shoes, clothes, bags, watches, cosmetics, fragrances to a food court with wide-variety of eateries, fancy rooftop restaurants and a multiscreen Cineplex, you name it and the Centaurus Mall has it. There is also a superstore named Al Fatah in the mall. Some of the countless brands available in the Centaurus Mall include Cinnabon, La Madeleine Bakery, Second Cup Coffee Shop, Vincci, Fiction, Saeed Ghani East, Batata, Afghan Carpet, Giordano, the Body Shop, Beaute Dermalogica, GNC Live Well Health Shop, Shaheen Optics Chemist, Mocciani, Dockers, Sputnik, Charles & Keith, Hub Leather, Samsonite, Papa Roti, Timberland, Apple Store, Levis, Sapphire, Minie Minors, Limelight, Bareeze, Nishat Linen, Khaadi, Stylo Shoes, Insignia, Thread n Thread, D Watson, Jockey, Diners, Mausummery, Caanchi and Lugari, Borjan, Origin, FunkyBake, Ego, Jafferjees, Zara Shahjahan, Cotton & Silk, Pepe Jeans, Raymond, Eden Robe, Hush Puppies, Reebok, Nike, First Step, Hang Ten and many more.
Restaurants and Bakeries in and near F-6 Islamabad
F-6 is a foodies’ dreamland, the sector is home to some of the finest and fanciest restaurants the foodscape of the city has to offer. So much so, that if you are living in F-6 Islamabad, you would not need to go out of the sector to have an exciting meal.
In F-6 Markaz Only, you can find at least ten eateries that enjoy great reputation among people. Starting off, on the side of the Markaz that faces the School Road, you can find the Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf, Butlers Chocolate Café F-6, Zeezora Matka Masala Tea, Pakeeza Café, the Gyro, Shalimar Restaurant, Kaffe De Caribbean, Munchies, Grilled Food, Baba Ji Restaurant, Shalimar Restaurant, American Steak House, Café Behbud, Istanbul Restaurant, Khyber Dodai, Mama’s Ice Cream, Pizza Originale, Chaaye Khana, Desi Accent, and KFC. In the lane behind it, Naan Dhaaba, Ravi Restaurant, Baauz, the Smokey Cauldron, District 6, the Butcher’s Café and Grill, Nando’s, Kaspa’s Dessert, Chop Chop Wok, and Baskin Robbins are located. All these restaurants are not more than 5 minutes’ drive away from the centre of the sector.
In Beverly Centre F-6, Khoka Khola, Cannoli by Café Soul, Asian Wok, Tiger Temple, BunBurry Club, Qalandari Tandoori Chai, Burning Brownie and Serai Bistro are located at almost 2 kilometres’ distance from the centre of the sector.
Kohsar Market F-6 hosts Mocca, Table Talk, Nom Nom Wok, Street 1 Café, Tuscany Courtyard, Porterhouse, and Side Walk Café. It won’t take you more than a 5-minute drive to reach these restaurants.
Outside F-6 Islamabad, there is Salt n Pepper, Usmania Restaurant and Omar Khayyam Iranian Restaurant in G-6/2, Sakura Japanese Restaurant and Royal elephant Thai Restaurant in Marriot Islamabad F-5/1 located at not more than 4 kilometres away from F-6.
The neighbouring F-7 sector boasts Arz Lebanon Restaurant, Atrio Café & Grill, Qishmisch, Chikchino, Xinjiang, Roasters, Hardees, Café Aylanto, Golden Dragon, and Howdy Islamabad at a distance of 5 kilometres tops from F-6.
Islamabad’s signature rice dish, Savour Foods is available in G-7/2 Blue Area, 3 kilometres away from the sector F-6.
When it comes to bakeries, F-6 Islamabad hosts only one named United Bakery in F-6 Markaz. In F-7, there is Toast’d Café and Bakery and Gourmet Bakers and Sweets in F-7 Markaz. These are located at 6 to 8 minutes’ drive from F-6.
Loafology Bakery and Café in Blue Area G-7/2 and Tehzeeb Bakers in Blue Area G-7/3 are also good options to explore for they are only 7 minutes’ drive away from F-6.
OUTDOOR ACTIVITIES, FITNESS AND BEAUTY
Sports Facilities and Fitness Centres in and near F-6 Islamabad
Health, they say, is wealth. The proverb is nought for nothing. If you are healthy and strong, chances are your mental capacities will be better too. However, it won’t be easy to maintain a routine of visiting the gym daily if it is located at a great distance from your home. To remove that inconvenience for the residents, there are several sports facilities and fitness centres in and near F-6 Islamabad. All these fitness facilities use advanced equipment to help the members through their journey of a healthy lifestyle.
People are cognizant of the positive impact of exercise in one’s life now more than ever and there are no two ways about it! The change has led a majority of people to gyms and other fitness clubs near their residence. Hence, a boom in the number of highly equipped gyms is discernible and various new exercising forms are making their way to the region. Gone are those days when people used to walk for hours on a treadmill and call it a day. Working out has become more fun with the introduction of the likes of Zumba and Pilates in this part of the world. Perfectly explains the presence of some of the finest fitness clubs of the city in F-6 Islamabad. The sector not only encompasses popular gyms of the city but those gyms also offer more than a humdrum workout routine. Here is a look at the sector’s best.
- The Gym is located in Beverly Centre, Blue Area, F-6/1 at a 5-minute drive from the centre of the sector. Founded in 1992, the Gym is probably one of the oldest and most high-rated fitness studios present in the city. The good thing about the Gym is that it caters to both men and women wanting to pursue a healthy lifestyle. What is even better is the availability of certified professionals, technologically advanced equipment and a wide range of programs designed to the needs of all levels of fitness. Zumba classes, HIIT (High-intensity Interval Training) sessions, Power Yoga, time-bound challenges for weight loss, Muay Thai Boxing sessions, Aerobics classes, women-only sessions for fat loss, muscle toning, weight loss, cardiovascular endurance, pilates, Vinyasa Yoga, meditation and fusion of all these exercise forms, the Gym offers it all. These sessions are conducted by the best trainers in the city. The owner of the Gym, Sheikh Amir Rauf who happens to be a NABBA (National Amateur Body-Builders' Association) contestant serves as a trainer as well and has quite a good rapport amongst the members. The facility is known to be a workout spot for many celebrities from politics, the entertainment industry and sports. The Gym remains open from 6 am to 10 pm, six days a week and offers different packages for individuals, couples and families.
- Located in Beverly Centre, Blue Area, F-6/1, Studio 8 is a fitness facility that uses performing arts as a means to keep healthy. There is a separate trainer for each type of exercise and the sessions include Zumba, Bodyjoy Yoga, Bollywood Dance, Ballet, and HIIT Boxfti Training, Pilates, Kung Fu and Hip Hop. Studio 8 also hosts theatre dramas, stand-up comedy sessions and guitar lessons. The place is known for being an antidote to boring workout routines. Studio 8 is 2 kilometres away from the centre of F-6 Islamabad.
- Shoukat’s Spa is another old fitness facility based in F-6/1. The spa was founded in 1991 and now boasts one of the largest pools facilities in the city. More than 35 classes are held every week and the exercise form includes swimming, Zumba, mixed martial arts, Muay Thai boxing and simple workout. Shoukat’s Spa is 500 metres away from the centre of the sector.
- Knockout Fitness, also known as KO Fitness is embedded in the heart of F-6 Markaz. The gym offers personal training and nutrition plans, group and personal boxing classes and group and personal yoga sessions. Members of the gym include famous actors, business tycoons and politicians. It will take you a 3-minute walk to reach the gym from the centre of the sector.
- F-6 Markaz also hosts Metafitnosis, a fitness studio made for personal training only. The gym was founded in 2006 and has branches both in Islamabad and Karachi. The trainers at Metafitnosis have programs of their own which are customized according to the client’s needs. Names of these programs are Movement-based fat loss, Met 1-4, Met Hypertrophy, Dispersion-Based, the Annihilator and Pregnancy Fit. It will take you 5 minutes’ walk to reach the studio from F-6’s centre.
- Fitness Lounge in F-6 Markaz is the city’s first 24-hour open fitness facility. The lounge offers a mix of programs, categorically named Cross Fit, Fitness Above the 40s, Weight Loss, Weight Gain, Bodybuilding, Personal Training and Fitness for all Sports. The programs use a varying combination gym facility, Zumba, Yoga, aerobics and supplements to ensure the fitness of the clients. Fitness Lounge has two other branches based in Blue Area and G-7/1. The lounge is a 4-minute walk away from the centre of the sector.
- Located at a 7-minute walk from the centre of the sector, ZK Fitness is another gym based in F-6 Markaz. Founded by Zarak Khan, the gym is popular for providing the clients with customized workout plans and personal training.
- Based in Blue Area, F-6/4, Kinetix is another posh gym that uses personal training programs to help their clients lead a healthy lifestyle. Each individual is assigned a coach who then monitors the progress of the member and changes their training accordingly. Some of the programs are strength training, hypertrophy training (muscle building), metabolic training, core training and pregnancy training. Kinetix is 1.6 kilometres away from the centre of F-6.
- Last but not the least, Imperium Fitness Studio in F-6/2 is a newly launched gym that uses combination exercises to train the clients. Imperium Fitness Studio is 900 metres away from the centre of the sector F-6, Islamabad.
Other gyms located near but outside F-6 are MetroFlex in Blue Area, G-6/3, the Space (group fitness, Health and Wellness) in Blue Area, G-6/3, 313 Fitness Gym in Blue Area, G-7/3, Fitnastic Club in F-7 Markaz, Smarts Health and Fitness Club in Safa Gold Mall, F-7 Markaz, Omnifarious – Personal Training and Weightloss Studios on Fazl-ul-Haq Road in G 7/2, another branch of Fitness Lounge in Blue Area, G-7/2, Fitness City Gym Islamabad in Khadda Market, G-7 Markaz, Azlan Fitness House in G-6/1 and Islamabad Club Gym on Murree Road. These gyms are 6 to 18 minutes’ drive away from F-6 Islamabad.
Parks in and near F-6 Islamabad
Presence of parks, stadiums and playgrounds in proximity to your residence holds a great impact on the lifestyle that you are bound to lead. In the case of F-6 Islamabad, the sector undoubtedly contains the most number of parks as compared to other sectors. Here is a list of the parks located in the sector F-6 Islamabad and some more details about them.
- Hashoo Park in F-6/3 was once called Haunted Hills and used to have an outlet of the famous dessert makers, Hot Spot. Now, what is left of it is a park stretched over considerably a large area. The park was named Hashoo Park when the Hashwani Group acquired the park from the government and decided to rebuild it. There are no benches but walking racks, lots of grass and trees with the view of the hills. The park is highly recommended for peaceful morning strolls and family picnics. In the evening though, the park gets a little crowded. Hashoo Park is also known as F-6/3 park and lies almost 2 kilometres away from the centre of the sector F-6.
- In the cradle of the hills with a breathtaking view of the mountains of Margalla, Shalimar Cricket Ground is another site to behold that is located in proximity to the F-6 sector. The ground is used for mega cricket tournaments and so, is thronged by many during and even after the daylight hours. There is a jogging track along the circumference of the ground as well. Shalimar Cricket Ground is on a 3-minute drive from the centre of the sector F-6.
- A CDA Park (Capital Development Authority) is also located in F-6/3 and that too at a mere distance of 600 metres from the centre of the sector. What makes the CDa Park in F-6/3 famous is the presence of Master Ayoub School within its premises. Master Ayoub is a countrywide renowned philanthropist who teaches underprivileged children free of cost in the park, provides them with books and at times with snacks as well. He conducts the class in the evening so that more and more children feel encouraged to be a part of the educational experience. Different influencers and famous people also visit the school every now and then on Master Ayoub’s request in order to inspire the deprived students. Other than that, the CDA Park abounds in a mosque named Aqsa Masjid as well.
- National Press Club Park in F-6/1 is another major spot where open-air recreational activities are arranged. The park comes under the jurisdiction of National Press Club Islamabad and the institute is responsible for organizing different events there like musical night, poetry recital, protests etc. National Press Club Park is only 750 metres away from the centre of the sector F-6.
Other parks in the sector include Kids Park in F-6/1 that is almost 2 kilometres away from the centre of the sector and Park F-6/1 in the namesake subsector near F.G Boys Model School that is only 1 kilometre away from the centre of the sector.
Coming down to the parks located outside but near F-6 Islamabad, the most famous ones happen to be the nearest ones as well. Across Main Margalla Road, from F-6 Islamabad, in Saidpur, you can find not one but two major landmarks of Zone I in Islamabad named Marghzar Zoo aka Dino Park, and Japanese Children’s Park along with the farthest being a little more than 2 kilometres away from the centre of F-6.
Starting off with the Marghazar Zoo Islamabad which is also known as Dino Park owing to the installation of huge sculptures of dinosaurs across the park in order to give a glimpse into Jurassic age wildlife. The zoo is stretched over an area of 82 acres and comes under the administration of Capital Development Authority (CDA) Islamabad. The zoo was inaugurated in 1978and since then has gone through different maintenance and renovation sessions with the latest being in 2013 when the Dinosaur sculptures were installed. Marghazar Zoo Islamabad charges a nominal entrance fee per individual and abounds in Black Kite, Steppe Eagle, Lesser Kestrel, Mute Swan, Black Swan, Mallard, Domestic Goose, Domestic Pigeon, Common Pheasant, Swinhoe’s Pheasant, Golden Pheasant, Indian Peafowl, Demoiselle Crane, Great White Pelican, Ring-necked Parakeet, Alexandrine Parakeet, Sulphur-crested Cockatoo, Budgerigar, Indian Eagle Owl, Ostrich, Chinkara, Blackbuck, Nilgai, Spotted Deer, Hog Deer, Barking Deer, Mouflon, Urial, Brown Bear, Lion, Indian Wolf, Rabbit, Plain Zebra, Vervet Monkey, Rhesus Monkey, Srilankan Elephant, Indian Roofed Turtle, Red-eared Slider, Black Pond Turtle and Indian Softshell Turtle. There is also a mosque within the premises of the park. You can reach Marghazar Zoo within a 5-minute drive from F-6 Islamabad.
Right next to Marghazar Zoo, Japanese Children’s Park is located in Saidpur on Khayaban-e-Iqbal Road at a distance of a little more than 2 kilometres from F-6 Islamabad. The park encompasses lush green and grassy playgrounds, swings, treehouses, monkey bars, slides, walking and jogging tracks and a refreshment stall. However, the reason behind the unique name of the park is that it is a token of friendship between the two nations i.e. Pakistanis and Japanese and also encompasses trees that are naturally found in Japan like Cherry Blossoms. Saidpur Park near Japanese Park is a little less than 3 kilometres away from F-6.
Jungle Spot near Marghazar Zoo makes up for a recreation spot that is popular amongst children and couples alike. The place is located on Pir Sohawa Road at a 6-minute drive from the centre of F-6 Islamabad.
You can also find Trail 3 at a distance of 4 minutes’ drive from the centre of F-6. The trail is one of the two very famous treks that are trodden by thousands of people every year.
Swiss Avenue F-7/4 Park in the namesake subsector is located at a distance of almost 2 kilometres from the centre of F-6 Islamabad. There is a separate play area for kids in the park which has swings and slides. The ground has luscious grass and the environment is quite relaxing and peaceful.
Argentina Park in G-6 Islamabad is located at an 8-minute drive from the centre of sector F-6. The park is one of its kind, stretched over a large area, dotted with numerous trees and with a walking track that can be used during the night time as well owing to the light posts installed.
Other family parks located near F-6 Islamabad include Jubilee Park on F-7 College Road, Lodges Park on Ataturk Avenue G-5, Local Park G-6/4, Serena Park G-5/1 and Ministers’ Enclave F-5 Park. You can reach any of these parks within 5 to 12 minutes’ drive from the centre of F-6 Islamabad.
Salons and Spas near F-6 Islamabad
F-6 Islamabad and its surroundings are dotted with A-class salons and spas. One of these names even belongs to an international beauty chain. Here is a list of the beauty parlours that are situated within sector F-6.
- Tariq Amin Salon in Beverly Centre, Blue Area, F-6/1 is 5 minutes’ drive away from the centre of the sector. As the name suggests, the salon is founded by celebrity makeup artist Tariq Amin who has been working in the showbiz industry for decades. The Tariq Amin Salon though is famous for its hair makeovers and bridal looks. You would be glad to know that the salon offers courses related to makeup, hairstyling and fashion photography.
- Toni and Guy is an international beauty care brand that is revered across the world. A branch of it is located near the TA Academy in Beverly Centre, Blue Area F-6/1 at a distance of almost 2 kilometres from the centre of the sector. The salon has garnered a very good reputation and has managed to make a huge fanbase in Pakistan in a very short span of time. The brand also acts as an academy of hairstyling and makeup in Pakistan. Toni and Guy are famous for their funky haircuts.
- Depilex is located in F-6 Markaz which almost makes up for the centre of the sector. The salon is one of the most celebrated chains of skincare across the country and even beyond. Depilex was founded by Massarat Misbah, a leading makeup artists and philanthropist, in 1980. Later the salon went ahead with the idea of giving acid attack survivors a second chance at life by training and employing them. From setting trends in the fashion industry to representing Pakistan in prestigious shows abroad, Depilex has been a part of it all. The salon is particularly famous for its bridal looks in Pakistan.
- The Lounge by Depilex Men is also based in F-6 Markaz near the Depilex for women. The salon was started in 2003 and the idea was to encourage high quality skincare and grooming regimes among Pakistani men.
- Anushay Khan the makeup salon is another big name located in F-6 Markaz in Kohsar Market. It is a venture of a mother and daughter who now have two salons, one in Rawalpindi and one in Islamabad. The beauty parlour is famous for its bridal looks.
- Natasha’s Salon Islamabad is located in the subsector F-6/1 at a 5-minute drive from the centre of the sector. It is a beauty chain based in the capital that has several other branches in Islamabad and one in Houston USA. Natasha’s Salon Islamabad is known for its bridal looks, hair makeovers, and skincare courses. The services offered by the salon include hair care, nail spa, makeups/makeovers, henna art, skincare, body rituals and med spa, while the courses include professional beauty courses, self-grooming lifestyle, premier image consultancy, expatriate cultural orientation and exclusive courses for special women.
- Dessange Paris, a French skincare and beauty salon, has only two branches in Pakistan, one of which is located in F-6 Islamabad. The salon offers services for both men and women and the prices are quite less considering how big the brand is. The services at Dessange Paris include hair treatment, facial treatment, manicure, pedicure, massages, hair removal, body treatments, hair colouring, and nail care. Bridal and groom packages are also available at the salon.
- The Grooming Lounge in F-6 Markaz is one of the very few salons in Islamabad that offer services to both men and women. At a 3-minute drive from the centre of the sector F-6, the salon is famous for hair makeovers, bridal looks, relaxing massages and eyelashes extension.
Royli Salon is a big name in skincare and beauty in Islamabad. A branch of the salon will soon be opened in F-6 Markaz. Apart from that, the Grasshopper Salon and the Prop Shop are popular hairdressers for men, based in F-6 Markaz.
The residents of F-6 Islamabad enjoy proximity to several famous beauty studios located in the nearby sectors as well.
In F-7 Markaz, you can find Bia’s Salon and Bridal Studio at a 7-minute drive from the centre of F-6. The salon is founded and owned by a famous makeup artist in town, Rbya Afzaal. Bia’s Salon and Bridal is famous for its stunning bridal looks but the salon offers more services as well like hair dye, hair treatment, facial treatment, hair removal, manicure, pedicure and massages. For the convenience of the customers, various combinations of these services are offered in deals also.
Located in F-7 Markaz at a 2-kilometre distance, Jugnu’s Salon is a very popular beauty chain in Pakistan that has branches in Lahore and Islamabad. Run by celebrity makeup artists, the salon has a fanbase because of the ravishing bridal makeovers. Other services include hair dye, hair treatments, hair removal and other skin care treatments. Deals are offered here as well to make the experience a little light on the pockets of the clients.
Daniella’s Signature Salon in F-7 Markaz is one of the oldest salons in the city. The salon was established in 1978 and was then named Hong Kong beauty salon. However, with time, the name of the makeup artist who founded the salon caught up and people started calling the place, Daniella’s Signature Salon. Of Mauritian origin, Daniella came to Pakistan after completing her beauty and cosmetology courses from Hong Kong. She has had the honour of styling the likes of Benazir Bhutto, Hillary Clinton, Maleeha Lodhi, Margaret Thatcher and Sherry Rehman. After settling down, the makeup artist set up her own parlour which has now turned into a leading beauty studio that produces awe-inspiring bridal looks. You can find other hair and skincare services as well. It will take you an 8-minute drive to reach the salon.
Allenora Annie Signature Salon Islamabad is also located in F-7 Markaz at almost a 2-kilometre distance. The renowned chain of salons has branches not only in Pakistan but all over the world. Founded by Annie Mansoor, one of the most revered makeup artists in Pakistan, Allenora Annie Signature Salon has become a trusted name for beauty treatments, bridal makeup and skincare in the country and beyond. Anyone’s guess, Annie’s more than 3 decades of experience has contributed immensely in making the salon a success. Allenora makes pretty brides but apart from that, you can also find hair treatments, skincare treatments and skin consultants here.
Anz Beauty Parlour in Aabpara G-6/1 is another salon located in the vicinity of F-6 at a 9-minute drive.
Cinemas near F-6 Islamabad
Going to a movie is always the safest bet if you have leisure time to spend. The residents of F-6 Islamabad have nothing to worry about in this regard because the city’s biggest cinema is located incredibly close to the sector. You can find the Centaurus Cineplex in the namesake mall at a 13-minute drive from F-6. It is a multiplex that is visited by thousands of cinemagoers daily.
Apart from that Islamabad Club Cinema on Murree Road is although an 18-minute drive from F-6 but if you are not into crowded places then the cinema can become your go-to place for a movie.
F-6 is located adjacent to the F-7 sector on one side and F-5 on the other. G-6 sector lies parallel to F-6 Islamabad but is separated by the famous throughway, Jinnah Avenue. Likewise, the ancient village of Saidpur which tells the story of the city and its settlers is also based parallel to the F-6 sector. However this time these two are separated by Main Margalla, also known as Khayaban-e-Iqbal road.
When it comes to identifying the major attractions of the city that are located near the F-6 sector, there are many. First off, the starting point of Trail 3 lies a little more than 2 kilometres away from the centre of F-6.
Marghazar Zoo Islamabad and Japanese Children’s Park are located across Main Margalla Road at a 6-minute drive from F-6 Islamabad. Moreover, it will take you merely a 6-minute drive from the centre of the F-6 sector to reach the famous Jungle Point.
The famous D-Chowk is also located at a 6-minute drive from the sector. The square is known for being a hub of protests political and social in nature.
Apart from that, prime governmental and state bodies located in the Red Zone are also easily accessible from F-6 Islamabad. The offices include the National Assembly of Pakistan, President House, Supreme Court of Pakistan, and Pakistan Secretariat. You can reach any of these places within a 10-minute drive from F-6 Islamabad.
The residents of F-6 Islamabad get to celebrate events inspired by national, international and local themes throughout the year, for example, Independence Day, Pakistan Day, International Day of Women etc.
Other than that, different social events are also organized in the sector like celebrity meetups, open mic sessions, different performances and much more.
All these events are held in places like F-6 Multipurpose Sports Ground that is located in F-6 Markaz right opposite to Islamabad College for Girls F-6. Cafes like Chaaye Khana and Café Behbud in F-6 Markaz.
THINGS TO CONSIDER
F-6 Islamabad is one of the poshest sectors of the capital city. As mentioned in the introductory section of the area guide, the sector abounds in foreign embassies, international offices, think tanks and several national institutes.
By virtue of its location adjacent to sector F-5 on one side and sector F-7 on the other, F-6 Islamabad enjoys proximity to both, popular commercial hubs of the city and major federal government offices of the country.
That said, the sector is in no way deprived of public transport and has not one but three Metro bus stations nearby.
F-6 Islamabad hosts famous eateries like Chaaye Khana and prestigious educational institutes like Headstart School. The sector is also dotted with several marketplaces and parks along with enjoying proximity to the ancient Saidpur Village and the popular tourist spot, Trail 3. Commercially busy, Blue Area is also located incredibly close to the sector.
When it comes to roads, F-6 is well-connected to some major thoroughfares of the city like Main Margalla Road/ Khayaban-e-Iqbal, Ataturk Avenue, Jinnah Avenue and the 7th Avenue. The sector is also linked to Kashmir Highway through Ataturk Avenue and 7th Avenue. This link makes interstate commute quicker and more convenient for the residents of F-6.
Since F-6 Islamabad is a high profile sector, the properties here are no less than an art. Stretched over areas even larger than 1 Kanal, the properties in F-6 can well be described as an epitome of fancy. Houses in F-6 Islamabad boast a mix of modern and classic interior and exterior designing with an architecture that makes the rooms look more capacious, sun-filled and immaculate. On the other hand, the flats in F-6 Islamabad are nothing like what would appear in your mind on hearing the word, “apartment.” With access to common gardens and huge roofs meant for parties, the flats are equally luxurious as the houses.
The sector is populated by the who’s who of Islamabad which includes famous celebrities, noteworthy officeholders and politicians.
All these factors come together to attach great significance and lucrative prospects to any investment, short or long term, in properties in F-6 Islamabad.
Importance of F-6 Islamabad from major locations nearby
- Blue Area, a major urban commercial centre of the city, is merely 6 minutes’ drive away from F-6 Islamabad.
- Safa Gold Mall, one of the two very popular malls in Zone 1 of Islamabad, happens to be a little more than 2 kilometres away from F-6 Islamabad.
- Parade Ground Metro Station is the nearest one to F-6. The station is roughly 2 kilometres away from the centre of the sector F-6.
- Trail 3, a very common tourist spot and hike trek, is only a 4-minute drive away from the centre of F-6 Islamabad.
- D-Chowk, the Taksim Square of Pakistan, is just 5 minutes’ drive away from F-6.
- At only 3 kilometres’ distance from F-6 Islamabad, Parliament House of Pakistan is located on Constitution Avenue.
- The ancient Saidpur Village is a little less than 4 kilometres away from the centre of F-6 sector via Main Margalla Road.