ABOUT KAKSHAL, PESHAWAR
Kakshal, Peshawar, is the busiest and one of the oldest areas of the city. The locality is present at a 4 minutes’ drive from Wazir Bagh (a historical landmark established in 1802). Moreover, Peshawar is known for its ancient sixteen gates, among which Sard Chah Gate is pinned in Kakshal. The gate's name is based on the cold water well that was present in the locality a long time ago. Kakshal, therefore, holds historical value, also for the fact that it is found in proximity to other gates of the city. For instance, Kohati Gate is 1 km away, while Sarki Gate on Masjid Narinjan Bajori Road, Namak Mandi, is about 3 minutes’ drive away.
Additionally, Murshidabad Road and Quidabad Road pass through Kakshal, Peshawar, and the area is also well-connected to Circular Road. Residents here also have convenient access to the famous Saddar Road in Peshawar, around 3 km away via Namak Mandi Road. Another prominent facility, Peshawar Cantonment Railway Station, is about 3 km away from Kakshal.
AT A GLANCE
- Fully-developed and densely populated neighbourhood
- Different places of worship, like Gurudwaras, Churches, Mosques, and Temples are in the vicinity
- Electricity, gas, and water are available
- Internet and cable TV networks
- Well-known academic institutions are in proximity to Kakshal, Peshawar
- Different renowned shopping avenues of the city are found near the locality
- All modes of public transport are easily accessible
- A wide range of eateries are functional in and near Kakshal, catering to different tastes
- Several medical facilities are approachable at walkable distances from the society
FACILITIES, SCHOOLS AND HEALTHCARE
Public Transport near Kakshal, Peshawar
Since Kakshal is one of the densely populated and completely equipped localities of Peshawar, access to all modes of transportation for intra-city commutes is hassle-free. People living here can easily hire an auto-rickshaw, taxi, or get a public bus to travel anywhere in the city. Moreover, since the infrastructure in the vicinity is well-established featuring historical landmarks and the locality is well-connected to Saddar Road via Namak Mandi Road and to other major roads of the city, public transport near Kakshal, Peshawar remains readily accessible throughout the day.
Some public bus stops located closest are around 1.8 km away from the locality, and include:
- Babu Musafar Khan bus stop near Islamiya Club Building, Khyber Bazaar
- Khyber Bazaar bus stop pinned on Railway Road in PTCL Colony, Peshawar
Citizens of Peshawar will soon have access to a more comfortable and economical commute option in the form of the Peshawar Bus Rapid Transit (BRT) system. The project by the government of KPK will cater to the increasing requirements of a better public mode of transportation for intra-city travelling. Once the Peshawar BRT is operational, residents of Kakshal Peshawar will also have another convenient option to commute. The BRT buses will have 150 stops from east to the west corridor of Peshawar and will satisfy the commuting needs of around 400,000 passengers daily. These buses will run across Peshawar, passing from major commercial avenues, new and old business spots, food points, healthcare facilities, educational institutions, and the newly developed residential communities in the city. Fortunately, two of the Peshawar BRT stations are pinned near Kakshal at an approximate distance of 2 km:
- BRT Bus Station No.11 on Railway Road, Shuba Bazaar
- BRT Bus Station No.12 on Railway Road, Finance Department, Civil Secretariat
Additionally, Kakshal’s residents have convenient access to several inter-city travelling options at an estimated distance of around 3 to 4 km. The options include Peshawar Cantonment Railway Station, Daewoo Bus Terminal, and Peshawar Bus Terminal.
Peshawar Cantonment Railway Station is the central railway station of Peshawar featuring three platforms and seven tracks that will be connected to TransPeshawar BRT – Line 1. The commute fare is quite economical from Peshawar to other cities of Pakistan.
On the other hand, Daewoo Bus Terminal is spotted in Sikandar Town, Gulbahar, close to GT Road. The terminal is quite well-kept with a proper waiting area, space for offering prayers, mart, Fri-Chicks outlet (fast food eatery), and tuck shops. The air-conditioned Daewoo buses provide a comfortable ride to nearly all the cities of Pakistan. Peshawar Bus Terminal is also pinned at the same location, where you can get a bus or a van to commute to any city in the country. The terminal also features a spacious waiting lounge and tuck shops.
Markets in and near Kakshal, Peshawar
Kakshal is an entirely developed locality of the city, established for many years. Also, the commercial zone in the area is active and fully equipped with a plethora of general stores, dairy shops, pharmacies, electronics stores, stationery stores, and a lot more. Whether there is a need to shop for groceries, apparel, shoes, and various other goods, residents here enjoy ready access to almost everything. For grocery shopping, Skanmart is one of the popular options among the local community, sited in Quaidabad on Murshid Abad Road.
Fortunately, you will also find tons of different markets functional near Kakshal, Peshawar. Since the society is developed around several other ancient localities of the city, residents enjoy easy access to a variety of local bazaars known for dealing in a vast range of different stuff. Here are a few markets that are found in the vicinity of Kakshal:
- Ramdas Bazar in Civil Quarters is approachable within a drive of 4 minutes from the society. The market is famous for featuring a variety of artificial and gold jewellery. However, the bazaar also has local stores dealing in clothing and fabrics for men and women, electronics, cosmetics, footwear, kitchen accessories, and crockeries, groceries, and others. Besides, Ramdas Bazar hosts a food street, which is famous for barbeque cuisines and different varieties of traditional sweets.
- Koochi Bazaar near All Saints’ Anglican Church in Qadimi Shehr is accessible in a drive of around 6 minutes. The market deals in apparel for men and women, as well as fabric, cosmetics, and footwear.
- Residents of Kakshal can find fresh flowers easily at the Fresh Flower Market, sited on Kohat Road, Civil Quarters. The market is around 1.4 km away from Kakshal, Peshawar. The market has different types of fresh flowers available, and the dealers also offer décor services for various events as well as customised flower arrangements.
- A huge variety of dry fruits is available at Ahmad’s Dry Fruits. This store is based in the Civil Quarters at a drive of about 4 minutes.
- New Bara Market in Qadimi Shehr takes a 5-minute drive to reach from Kakshal. The market hosts clothing stores for men and women, eateries, and stores dealing in other stuff. The local community prefers to shop from here for the fact that there are tremendous bargains, and the rates are quite economical.
- The Jahangirpura Bazaar, located on Jahangirpura Road in Namak Mandi, can be reached in a drive of 6 minutes from the locality. This market is renowned for handmade Peshawari Chappal (traditional slippers/sandal of Peshawar), designed specifically for men. The bazaar hosts around 200+ shops that stock a variety of this footwear, which is even exported outside Pakistan. Peshawari Chappals are made with fine quality leather and alternate materials. You can also place an order for custom designs with unique specifications. Furthermore, this market is linked to Chitrali Bazaar, where you can shop for Chitrali caps and Waistcoats as well.
- Moreover, Mochi Bazar is another well-known market dealing in a plethora of shoes, slippers, boots, and other variety of footwear at wholesale rates. The market also has stores selling stuff used in the making of footwear. Retailers from across Pakistan buy footwear in bulk from Mochi Bazar. This market in Mohallah Baqir Shah, Peshawar, is roughly 3 km away from Kakshal.
- Kohadi Birds Market in Namak Mandi is the largest market for birds in the city, where people come to buy and sell different breeds. This market is situated at a drive of around 6 minutes from the society.
- One of the wholesale medicine markets, Al Hayat Market, is accessible at an approximate interval of 1.3 km from Kakshal in Shah Qabool Colony, Lakar Mandi. Also, you can head to Shah Pharmacy and Mart at Yakatoot Chowk, which is reachable within 6 minutes’ drive. Another option is Mansoor Medicine Market, based on Namak Mandi Road in Shah Qabool Colony. This market is around 6 minutes’ drive away.
- You can arrive at Hamza Market that deals in a huge variety of gemstones and minerals. This market is pinned in Shah Qabool Colony in Namak Mandi, 7 minutes' drive away.
- Andar Shehr Mohallah Baqir Shah hosts Bilal Market, where you can find artificial jewellery, gemstones, antique jewellery as well as crockeries, and home décor items carved with gemstones. This market is about 2 km away from Kakshal, Peshawar.
- Suede and Leather Market is also sited in Mohalla Jangi Namak Mandi. This market takes around a 6 minutes’ drive from Kakshal, Peshawar, to reach.
- There is a Grain Wholesale Market as well, spotted in Pipal Mandi Mohallah Baqir Shah. This market is just around 1.8 km away from the society.
- For all sorts of stationery, residents can head to Gul Stationery Mart, Old Qasab Khana, in proximity to Wazir Bagh Road. This mart stocks a massive variety of different stationery items. The commute time to reach this mart is around 4 minutes via car from Kakshal, Peshawar.
Apart from the above options, you will find an extensive range of general stores, hardware and electric stores and a lot more in the neighbourhood of the society.
Mosques, Churches, Temples and Gurudwaras in and near Kakshal, Peshawar
Worship places at a walkable stretch from your residence is an amenity that’s desired by every property seeker. That said, the Muslim population in Kakshal can comfortably head to Masjid Ayesha (R.A) and Bilal Masjid, as they are the closest. Moreover, they can head to other mosques situated nearby that include Jamia Masjid Usman Ghani in Namak Mandi, Jamia Masjid Kheef, and Abu Bakkar Mosque in Ramdas Bazar. None of the mosques mentioned above are more than 3 to 4 minutes’ drive away.
Besides the mosques situated near Kakshal, Peshawar, you will also come across places of worship for other communities. For instance, the All Saints’ Anglican Church, based in Jehangirpura Bazar Namak Mandi, is 1.3 km away). On the other hand, Wangri Garan Temple, which is sited inside Janda Bazaar close to Hashtnagri, is 2.8 km away, while Gurudwara Bhai Joga Singh, in Mohalla Jogan Shah, Qissa Khawani stands at an approximate span of 1 km.
Additionally, the famous mosque of Peshawar, Masjid Mahabbat Khan in Andar Shehr Mohallah Baqir Shah, is present at an estimated interval of 3 km. This is a historic landmark of the city, completed around the 1600s, and features a huge prayer hall and ten minarets, two of which are functional while the rest are for decoration purposes.
Schools, Colleges And Universities in and near Kakshal, Peshawar
Kakshal is home to a number of academic institutions that are, luckily, quite convenient to get to. Some schools found within the locality include The National Model School, Kakshal Model School Kucha Malik Wazir, and Kiran Model School. Other schools located in the neighbourhood are:
- Mehmood Public School in Quaidabad
- Tasawur Public School in Namak Mandi
- Iqra Madni Janntul Atfal School System on Yakkatut Road
You can reach all the schools within a drive of 4 minutes.
Additionally, some of the most popular schools in Pakistan are present in proximity to Kakshal, Peshawar. These include:
- Edwardes High School on Church Road, Jehangirpura Bazaar, found close to All Saints’ Anglican Church and Kohati Gate. The school is reachable within 5 minutes’ drive from the area. This is the first school of the province, functional since 1853, and many renowned personalities of the country have studied here. The school imparts education till Class X (Science & Arts) following the Board of Intermediate & Secondary Education, Peshawar.
- Allied School, one of the most well-known educational institutions in Punjab and part of Punjab Group of Colleges, has two of its campuses functional near Kakshal. One campus is in Civil Colony at a 7 minutes’ drive, while the other campus is in Gulberg, accessible at an estimated interval of 3 km. Following Peshawar Board, both campuses enrol children from Pre-School to Class X.
- Army Public School Girls’ Wing is pinned on Mall Road in Hassan Ghari, Peshawar Cantt. The school is not more than 5 km away from Kakshal. This English medium school has a strong reputation for providing quality education following the Federal Board’s curriculum from Class 5 to 12.
- Army Public School’s Junior Campus is also around 4 km away. The campus is sited on Mall Road, Peshawar Cantonment.
- Two of the most popular Cambridge schools in Peshawar, the Beaconhouse School System, and The City School also have their campus in the vicinity of Kakshal, Peshawar. You will spot Beaconhouse on Landi Arbab Manakro Road, while The City School-Nursery branch is in Zulfiqar Town, both at a rough interval of 5 km from the locality. Besides, The City School-Cantt Senior Branch is pinned in Umeedabad right opposite to Qayyum Stadium. Both schools have earned a reputation for providing education following international standards.
- The Smart School – City Campus, a project of The City School, is in Zaryab Colony, 4 km away from Kakshal. The school follows a standard curriculum from Playgroup to Matric.
- Dar-e-Arqam School (English Medium) is situated in Gulberg, Peshawar Cantonment, which is reachable after covering a span of 4 km. The school has a unique curriculum based on the combination of modern-day education and Islamic studies. Kids studying in the school are made well-versed in reading the Holy Quran along with accurate pronunciation.
- Presentation Convent High School was established in 1895 in the province, and its campuses are spread in different cities of Pakistan. The school’s administration is affiliated with the Catholic Board of Education and Roman Catholic Diocese of Islamabad-Rawalpindi. This campus is operational in Peshawar Cantonment and is accessible within a span of 3 km from Kakshal.
- A public boys’ high school named Government Higher Secondary School No. 4 is established in Fida Abad Colony. The school is 2 minutes’ drive away from the area.
- Those looking for a dedicated girls’ school may seek admission to Lady Graft Girls’ High School on Kohat Road. This school is approachable after covering an interval of around 2 km from Kakshal. Also, you can look for admission in Government Comprehensive Girls Higher Secondary School, based in Qissa Khawani, Peshawar, also about 2 km away. Furthermore, Elizabeth Girls High School & College on Dubgari Road is the first girls’ school of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, imparting education since 1905. This school is accessible in a span of nearly 2 km. The school offers classes till Class XII.
- Government Shaheed Hasnain Sharif Higher Secondary School No. 1 is pinned on Grand Trunk Road, Hashtnagri. The school is one of the oldest academic institutions in the city, functional since 1928. The school offers classes from Montessori to Matric following the Peshawar Board of Education. This school is, fortunately, 4 km away from the society.
Prospective intermediate students will also come across several governments and private colleges, established near Kakshal, Peshawar. Furthermore, there are several degree colleges that offer Bachelors as well as a few Masters’ level programmes in General Science, Arts, Humanities, Commerce, and others. These include:
- Fazaia Degree College is spotted on Rafiqui Road in Peshawar Cantonment. The college offers intermediate programmes in the genre of General Science, Computer Science, Pre-Medical, and Pre-Engineering. This college is around 5 km away from Kakshal, Peshawar
- FG Degree College for Boys in Peshawar Cantonment is 5 km away, whereas FG Degree College for Girls is 3 km away from Kakshal. The Girls’ campus is situated on Mall Road. The two colleges offer intermediate-level programmes in Pre-Engineering, Pre-Medical, Computer Science, and Humanities, and bachelors’ degree in Computer Science, Political Science, and other subjects
- Edwardes College Peshawar is not more than 3 km away from the locality. The college offers F.Sc (Pre-Engineering and Pre-Medical), F.A (Arts), and FCS (Computer Science). Also, the college offers bachelors’ degree programmes that include B.A, B.Sc (Botany, Zoology, Chemistry, and Mathematics), BBA (Business Administration), and BSCS (Computer Science).
- Government Girls Degree College Bacha Khan in Dheri Bagh Banan, Peshawar, is just about 7 minutes’ drive away. Prospective students can seek enrolment in either General Science or Computer Science programmes.
- Established since 1962, Government Superior Science College is another option for residents of Kakshal, at a drive of around 8 minutes. The college offers F.Sc. (Pre-Medical, Pre-Engineering, Computer Science), F.A (General Science, Humanities), as well as B.A in Humanities, BS – 4-year programme in fourteen disciplines and B.Sc in General and Computer Sciences. The college is located in Khushal Town.
- Jinnah International Degree College for Girls is a private college situated in Peshawar Cantonment, spotted in proximity to Peshawar Cantt. Railway Station and 3 km away from Kakshal. The college offers classes from Playgroup to Class XII and bachelors’ level programmes in Education, Science, Arts, and Computer Science. The college is affiliated with the Peshawar Board of Education. Since the college offers transport facilities to its students, commuting to and from Kakshal is quite convenient.
Additionally, some of the Peshawar’s top-notch universities are spotted quite near Kakshal, Peshawar. The approximate distance between these academic institutions and the locality is not more than 7 to 11 km. Here are the details on a few of them:
- The University of Peshawar, one of the top-ranked universities of the city, has been functional since 1950 on Old Jamrud Road. The university is a public research institution offering programmes in diverse disciplines like Computer Science, Law, Management Science, Political Science, Psychology, International Relations, Commerce, Archaeology, Home Economics, Tourism and Hotel Management, Journalism and Mass Communication, and various other domains. The University of Peshawar offers degree programmes from Bachelors to Masters level, recognised by the Higher Education Commission (HEC).
- Islamia College, Peshawar, is another popular public, academic institution affiliated with the Higher Education Commission, established since 1913. The college offers degree programmes from undergraduate to graduate level in the field of Computer Science, Electronics Engineering, Botany, Chemistry, Management Sciences, Psychology, English, Economics and other genres of Arts & Languages, Basic & Social Sciences, Religious & Legal Studies, Natural Sciences and Technology & Engineering Studies. Moreover, the college offers F.A and F.Sc programmes for prospective intermediate students. Islamia College is spotted on Grand Trunk Road in Rahat Abad.
- Abasyn University, situated on Ring Road Peshawar, Charsadda Link in Ashrafia Colony, is at a distance of 7 km from Kakshal. The private university is accredited by the Higher Education Commission (HEC) to offer undergraduate and graduate programmes. You can seek admission for programmes offered in Governance & Public Policy, Civil Engineering, Life Sciences, Management Sciences, Computer Science, Pharmacy, Mathematical & Statistical Sciences, Electrical Engineering, Education, and Technology. The Electrical Engineering programmes are recognised by the Pakistan Engineering Council, Pharmacy programme is accredited by the Pharmacy Council of Pakistan, and NCEAC has approved its BSCS (Bachelor of Science in Computer Science) and BSSE (Bachelor of Science in Software Engineering.
Aspiring doctors and medical specialists, as well as engineers, can seek admission to Peshawar Medical College and the University of Engineering & Technology, around 7 to 10 km away from Kakshal Peshawar.
- Peshawar Medical College is established in Sher Ali Town on Warsak Road, Peshawar, offering MBBS, BDS, and Postgraduate Programmes in a broad range of domains as well as MSc. And Diplomas. The Pakistan Medical & Dental Council (PM&DC) has accredited its M.Phil programme in Basic Sciences. Also, the college enrols students in MCPS-Periodontology and FCPS-II (PMC) programmes. The FCPS-II programme is offered in the field of General Medicine, General Surgery, Obstetrics & Gynaecology, Ophthalmology, Paediatrics, and Anaesthesiology. Dentists can opt to register in the FCPS-II (PDC) programme in the subject areas of Prosthodontics, Operative Dentistry, Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery, and Orthodontics.
- On the other hand, future engineers can head to the University of Engineering & Technology, functional on Jamrud Road, which is affiliated with the Higher Education Commission (HEC), Pakistan Council for Architect & Town Planners, and the Pakistan Engineering Council (PEC). This public university is imparting education since 1980 from undergraduate to postgraduate level in the domain of Computer Science & Information Technology, Mechanical Engineering, Urban Infrastructure Planning & Management, Agricultural Engineering, Urban Infrastructure Engineering, Mining, Industrial Engineering, Civil Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Systems Engineering, and Mechatronics Engineering. The academic institution also has a department for Basic Sciences and Islamiat.
- To pursue a diploma programme in a technical field, you can head to Govt. College of Technology Peshawar, located on Kohat Road in Khushal Town. The college can be reached after covering an interval of around 3 km from Kakshal, Peshawar. Additionally, the college is affiliated with the NWFP Board of Technical Education.
Banks in and near Kakshal, Peshawar
The presence of financial institutions in proximity to residential blocks is essential for making safe and secure transactions. That being said, there are several branches of well-reputed banks operating in and near Kakshal, Peshawar, offering Islamic, personal, and corporate banking services. For now, the branch of United Bank Limited (UBL) is functional on City Circular Road in Kakshal. However, residents here also have easy access to branches of other banks operating nearby. These banks are not more than 6 to 8 minutes’ drive away. These include:
- Habib Bank Limited (HBL) on Dubgari Road in Civil Quarters, Lakar Mandi
- Bank of Khyber on Kohat Road in Civil Colony
- National Bank of Pakistan (NBP) in Quaidabad on Kohat Road
- Muslim Commercial Bank (MCB) in Dubgari
- Faysal Bank on Bajori Road, Shoba
Furthermore, The Bank of Khyber Islamic Banking branch is spotted in Arbab Plaza near Peshawar Ring Road, Khushal Town. This branch is around 3 km away from the locality.
Clinics and Hospitals in and near Kakshal, Peshawar
When it comes to buying or renting properties, the areas surrounding healthcare facilities are preferred by prospective home buyers, tenants, and investors. Luckily, there is a plethora of clinics and hospitals present in and near Kakshal, Peshawar, where residents can quickly seek medical assistance for various levels of emergencies. Some of these healthcare facilities include:
- Those who believe in treatments via alternative medicines can head to Dr Muhamad Aqeel’s Family Homeopathic Clinic, pinned on Mehmoodabad Road in Kakshal
- Khushal Medical Center based in Lakar Mandi Peshawar is about 1.5 km away from the society, offering primary healthcare and diagnostic services.
- Abaseen Hospital in Dabgari Gardens is situated at a distance of around 1.7 km. The hospital features different departments catering to the diverse medical needs of patients, such as Paediatrics, Pulmonology, ENT, Dermatology, General Surgery, Gynaecology, Gastroenterology, Dental, and other departments.
- Aman Hospital, a private medical facility, on Kohat Road in Civil Quarters is approachable after covering a span of about 1.3 km. The hospital is established in a multi-storey building featuring pharmacies, labs, private clinics, wards, and operation theatres. Also, the hospital features a number of departments that include Orthopaedics and Neurology as well.
- Akbar Medical Centre on Dabgari Garden in Civil Quarters is just a km away from the community of Kakshal, Peshawar. The medical centre has appointed specialists in different departments that encompass Urology, Gynaecology, Gastroenterology, Paediatric surgery, Cardiology, and Psychology, among others.
- A not-for-profit healthcare facility named Abdul Samad Memorial Trust and Medical Centre in Quaidabad, Ramdas Bazar, can be arrived at in a drive of 3 minutes.
Moreover, the 1700+ bed medical facility, Lady Reading Hospital MTI on Soekarno Road in PTCL Colony, is around 2 km away from Kakshal. This wholly equipped hospital with contemporary equipment and machines is among the oldest facilities in the city, established since 1927 with 24/7 active emergency and OPD units. Medicines are provided 100 percent free in an emergency. The hospital features around 30 departments that include Pulmonology, Gastroenterology, Psychiatry, Dermatology, Cardiology, Medicine, Paediatrics, Rheumatology, Endocrinology, Nephrology and Neurology followed by ICU, medical and surgical wards, operation theatres, ICU, and pharmacy.
PROPERTIES IN KAKSHAL, PESHAWAR
Sales Price Trends in Kakshal, Peshawar
Peshawar is the sixth biggest city in Pakistan, and over the past few years, many urban developments, as well as improvements in the infrastructure, have been made in the city. Additionally, according to Zameen.com’s Peshawar Property Market Report 2019, this city stood among the preferred cities for investment as well as residence in KPK. Kakshal is one of the oldest and thoroughly developed localities of the city, fully equipped with all the essential utilities and amenities. Also, the neighbouring areas are home to well-reputed academic institutions, banks, medical facilities, general stores, and several shopping places. All such factors influence the property rates and value but make the locality perfectly ideal for personal residence as well as investment. The details on the price brackets of the area are discussed below:
Houses for Sale in Kakshal, Peshawar
Since the locality is around one of the sixteen gates of Peshawar, namely, Sard Chah, you will primarily come across houses for sale in Kakshal, Peshawar, that are owner-built. This densely populated area of the city holds a significant value for diverse reasons, and hence, the property rates here start as low as PKR 58 lakh and go up to PKR 4 crore. The area sizes of entirely constructed units in Kakshal are between 2 marla to 19 marla. On average, the price of 2 marla houses in Kakshal, Peshawar, starts at PKR 58 lakh and could go as high as PKR 82 lakh. Whereas, 5 marla houses for sale have rates starting from PKR 65 lakh.
Rent Price Trends in Kakshal, Peshawar
The rental value of units in Kakshal, Peshawar varies, as the cost is dependent on factors like area sizes, number of storeys and rooms, location, maintenance, and how close the unit is to the commercial area.
Houses for Rent in Kakshal, Peshawar
The houses available for rent in Kakshal, Peshawar are of different area sizes, starting from 2 marla to 19 marla. If you are taking a complete house on rent, the rental rate will be different from renting a portion.
The commercial block in Kakshal, Peshawar, is thriving for the fact that the locality is developed and home to a large number of families. Residents have easy access to markets, pharmacies, dairy products, electronics stores, tailors, general stores, schools, banks, and a lot of other commercial facilities. Investors and business people may find different commercial properties for sale as well as on rent in Kakshal, Peshawar from time to time. A comprehensive research effort is recommended before investing in a commercial property to earn profitable returns on investment.
SHOPPING, RESTAURANTS, AND BAKERIES
Malls near Kakshal, Peshawar
What could shopaholics want more than a massive number of shopping avenues present in the vicinity of their residence? Fortunately, there are several such amenities including individual outlets, markets/bazaars, and shopping malls near Kakshal, Peshawar. Residents of the area can shop from local stores as well as from top-notch Pakistani and international branded outlets. Discussed here are some of the closest shopping places:
- The Mall Tower, situated on Mall Road in Peshawar Cantonment, is around 4 km away from the locality, home to a pharmacy, home décor outlet, tailors, life insurance offices, beauty salon, gaming zone, opticians, perfume, and cosmetics centre.
- To shop for mobile phones, you can head to Bilour Plaza (mobile mall), approachable at an interval of 3 km in Peshawar Cantonment.
- R Sheen, a clothing store for women, is also functional in Peshawar Cantonment on Arbab Road at a distance of 4 km from Kakshal. The store stocks a wide range of casual, semi-formal, and formal collections as well as bride and groom collection. You will find both stitched and unstitched variety here.
- Imperial Store is also based in Peshawar Cantonment (approx. 3 km away). The store features a variety of stuff, including fashion accessories, bags, footwear, and a lot more for both men and women.
- Deans Shopping Mall is one of the most popular shopping avenues in Peshawar, featuring contemporary infrastructure. This mall is situated in Peshawar Cantonment on Saddar Road, 2.5 km away from Kakshal. The mall is home to a number of stores and hence, you will find cosmetics, a variety of shoes, gold jewellery, as well as artificial, fabric, and ready to wear collection for children and adults, electronics, and various other stuff.
- Residents of Kakshal, Peshawar, can also drive to University Road, Tahkal to benefit from a substantial commercial arena of Peshawar, offering an ultimate shopping experience. The road hosts nearly every national branded store and some international brands like Nike and Adidas. For shopaholics, University Road along National Highway 5 is an ideal spot to shop for their favourite stuff. The road is also home to concept stores, shopping plazas, and centres. Nearly all the famous clothing brands of adults and children, cosmetics, home furnishing and décor, infant accessories, furniture, skincare, and electronics have their outlets functional on the east and west side of University Road. Some brands found here are Bonanza/Satrangi, Khaadi, Ideas by Gul Ahmed, Minnie Minors, Graco Babyshop, ECS, Ethnic by Outfitters, Bata, Marks & Spencer, Metro Shoes, Limelight, J. Junaid Jamshed, Generation, and various other brands are present on University Road, Tahkal.
Additionally, at an approximate distance of 8 km, you will also spot City Towers and JB Tower on University Road. The City Towers is home to Minnie Minors, The Body Shop, Chinyere, Leisure Club, Bareeze, and other local stores. As for JB Tower, it features different branded outlets, including ChenOne (concept store), Zeen, Charcoal, NishatLinen, Duke, Kidz n Kidz, Hopscotch, and some other international and local branded stores.
Restaurants and Bakeries in and near Kakshal, Peshawar
Authentic Peshawari Karahi and exotic barbeque items are not only popular among citizens of Peshawar but across Pakistan as well. However, foodies in the city are also fans of delicious Chinese, Japanese, Continental, Fast Food, and Pakistani cuisines. As such, you will find a wide array of restaurants in and near Kakshal, Peshawar, the details of which are discussed below:
- Within the boundaries of Kakshal, you will find different small eateries. A few recommended options are Wadaan Pizza & Food and Peshawar Darbar Barbeque & Restaurant.
There are more eateries found in the vicinity, popular for serving delicious food, which are not more than 1 km away from the society. You will come across Salman Pizza and Café Home on Circular Road in proximity to Beriskian Gates, Qissa Khawani, which is a must-visit for pizza lovers. Then, there is BK Fast Food, Juice Valley & Peshawari Chatkhara House at a drive of around 2 minutes near UBL Bank on main Circular Road of Beriskian Gate. Those craving for barbeque rolls can head to Roll Inn, which is a km away on Circular Road in Mohalla Berisikian.
The well-known Namak Mandi Food Street in Shah Qabool Colony is not more than 1.2 km away from Kakshal Peshawar. Some eateries here that are highly recommended by frequent visitors include Namak Mandi Restaurant, Shinwari Tikka, and Nisar Charsi Tikka Shish Mahal. All three food spots also feature local cuisines on their menu.
Nisar Charsi Tikka is the go-to place for tourists, especially those who are seeking authentic Peshawari taste. The meat is spiced as per diners’ preference and cooked on low flame in the open kitchen. The eatery, as the name implies, is a specialist in preparing a variety of tantalising barbeque.
For the authentic Chinese menu, you can head to Hong Kong Chinese Restaurant, which is situated in 24 D-The Mall on Mall Road, Peshawar Cantonment. This eatery features an extensive menu with a plethora of Chinese cuisines to choose from. The restaurant features forty-eight types of soups and also a broad range of noodles, rice, and poultry. Hong Kong Chinese Restaurant is counted among the top eateries of the city, offering a spacious dining facility with a reasonably priced menu. The approximate commute distance to the restaurant from Kakshal, Peshawar, is about 3 km.
Café Crunch and Bakeshop occupies a prominent place on the list of the talk-of-the-town cafes. The food joint is around 11 km away from Kakshal, Peshawar. This café is located on Old Jamrud Road, University Town. The café features an extensive menu of Pasta, Salads, Fast Food, Soups, Assorted Appetisers, Shakes, Mocktails, Iced Tea, Cold Coffees, and Desserts. The menu also features Steaks, Lebanese, Mexican, Thai, Continental, Shanghai, Pakistani, and Barbeque dishes. People who admire dining in a breezy courtyard would definitely love to dine-in at Café Crunch. Since it's a bakeshop as well, you can place an order for customised cream and fondant cakes and cupcakes. The evenings at Café Crunch are more fun with the addition of live music.
Coming to bakeries in and near Kakshal, Peshawar, residents here have access to Salman Bakers within the area’s boundaries. However, they have several options in the neighbourhood as well that specialise in all sorts of cakes, cupcakes, savouries, assorted biscuits, traditional sweets, nimco, and a lot of other baked goodies. Here are a few establishments feasibly accessible in the vicinity:
- Suleman Bakers and Cake Centre in Namak Mandi, Peshawar (5 minutes’ drive)
- Peshawar Sweets & Bakers in Dheri Bagh Banan is 1 km away
- Taj Mahal Sweets and Bakers in PTCL Colony, about 2 km away
OUTDOOR ACTIVITIES, FITNESS AND BEAUTY
Sports Facilities and Fitness Centres near Kakshal, Peshawar
It is recommended by experts to either play your favourite sport or head to a fitness centre for an active and healthy lifestyle. Working out and playing sports are equally essential for minimising stress levels. Having said that, you will come across several sports facilities and fitness centres near Kakshal, Peshawar, wholly equipped and well-kept. Some of the sports facilities found in Peshawar Cantonment are easily reachable after covering an interval of about 4 km from the locality. These are:
- Qayyum Stadium/Sports Complex also referred to as Peshawar Sports Complex features a number of facilities for different sports including a basketball court, a football field, a cricket ground, a swimming pool, a tennis court, a hockey ground, table tennis, snooker, a wrestling arena, a squash court, a volleyball arena, and a badminton court. This sports complex is functional under the Government of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KPK). The stadium has also hosted the 33rd National Games in recent times.
- Also, Qayyum Sports Club hosts Pakhtunkhwa Archery Club
- Lala Amaan Hockey Stadium and Boxing Complex is also in the vicinity of Qayyum Stadium.
- The GRC Squash Courts and GRC Swimming Pool are about 4 km away, pinned near the Consulate General of Afghanistan.
- On the other hand, the Hashim Khan Squash Complex is accessible at an interval of nearly 5 km, based on Mall Road, Hassan Ghari Peshawar Cantonment.
- Furthermore, Peshawar Golf Club is functional on Shami Road, where expert and beginner level golfers can register for membership. This is an 18-hole golf course, approximately 6 km away from Kakshal. The golf course features lush greenery and a serene environment for golfers and people coming here for their morning or evening jogs.
Fitness enthusiasts can head to several gym and fitness centres located near Kakshal, Peshawar. There is Jaan Fitness Gym, reachable within 3 minutes’ drive in Namak Mandi, whereas the rest are 1 to 4 km away. These include:
- GRC Gym in Peshawar Cantonment near General Consulate of Afghanistan
- Life Fitness Gym on Beroon Yakatoot Khan Mast Colony Road in Bilor Town, North-West Frontier
- Ultimate Fitness Gym on Arbab Road, Peshawar Cantonment
- Gold Standard Gym in Gulbahar
The gyms mentioned above are fully equipped with proper exercise equipment and machines. Also, there are fitness instructors to guide members with the right workout techniques according to their body mass, making the achievement of fitness goals hassle-free.
Parks and Clubs near Kakshal, Peshawar
Parks are an integral part of a residential setting, and luckily, there are many parks situated near Kakshal, Peshawar, among which the Family and Children Park is just about 4 minutes’ drive away. Besides, Dabgari Gardens in Mala Afren Khan Dabgary is reachable within 6 minutes' drive. The park features a walking track, lush green grass, benches, and seasonal flowers blooming freely.
Next, a park specifically for ladies, Shaheed Tahira Qazi Ladies Park in Civil Secretariat, is easily approachable after covering a span of roughly 3 km. The park is quite well-maintained with a children’s play area featuring manual rides, walking tracks, benches, and seasonal flower beds.
Clubs are other entertainment amenities perfect for a day out and gatherings with family and friends. Fortunately, Peshawar Club is pinned near Kakshal, Peshawar at an interval of approximately 4 km in Peshawar Cantonment. The club features separate health and fitness clubs for men and women, swimming pool, park, eatery, badminton and squash courts, separate swimming pools for men and women, and a spacious parking area. Also, different events are organised here from time to time by the management. However, membership is required to avail the facilities mentioned above.
Cinemas near Kakshal, Peshawar
Frequent moviegoers in Peshawar recommend Tasveer Mahal Cinema on Hakeem Ullah Jan Road, Picture House Cinema in Mohalla Jangi, Namak Mandi, and Naz Cinema 3D on Hakeem Ullah Jan Road in Hashtnagri for a pleasant movie-watching experience. Fortunately, all these cinemas are found near Kakshal, Peshawar, and are around 1.7 km away.
When it comes to entertainment avenues in the vicinity of Kakshal, Peshawar, you will find some of the famous places of the city situated nearby. For instance, Wazir Bagh, Khalid Bin Waleed Park, and Peshawar Museum are all present in the vicinity.
Wazir Bagh is a historical garden and a public recreational park established in 1802. This big garden of the city is approachable at a drive of around 4 minutes from the locality and features a mosque, a pond with fountain, big old trees, football ground, pavilion, and two huge lawns.
For family fun-time, Khalid Bin Waleed Park is another good option found close to Kakshal. The park is located on Mall Road in Peshawar Cantonment, approachable at an approximate interval of 4 km. This park is one of the complete entertainment avenues with well-kept grass, children’s play area, manual rides, walking/jogging track, fountain, benches, seasonal flower beds, and eateries.
Peshawar Museum is accessible at a distance of around 2 km from Kakshal, where the rich culture, history, and heritage of Gandhara, Parthian, Kushan, Greco-Buddhist, and Indo-Scythian are well-depicted and preserved. Moreover, there are around 14,000 artefacts on display here that include paintings, cultural and regional remains, archaeological explorations, and a lot of other historical findings. This museum is spotted on Saddar Road near the Governor’s House Peshawar & Civil Secretariat.
THINGS TO CONSIDER
Kakshal, Peshawar, is an entirely developed, densely populated, and one of the oldest localities. Hence, residents here have complete access to all the essential utilities and facilities of life. Whether they need to go shopping, seek medical assistance, need to make a transaction, get their children registered at a school, they will find shopping places, healthcare facilities, banks, educational institutions, and other amenities quite readily available. However, a particular thing to note here is the absence of beauty parlours, salons, and spas. People seeking accommodation in Peshawar can consider buying or renting a property in Kakshal, considering the significant factors shared in this area guide. Investors may also find a suitable property deal that might yield high returns on their investment.
Importance of Kakshal, Peshawar from major locations nearby
- Peshawar Cantonment is 7 km away from the locality
- Peshawar International Airport is around 6 km away
- It takes approximately 14 km to reach the University of Peshawar
- University Town is approahable after an interval of 10 km