ABOUT Maskan Chowrangi, Karachi
Situated on Abul Hassan Isphani Road, Maskan Chowrangi is a known area a few kilometres from the University of Karachi and NED University. Maskan Chowrangi is named after Maskan Apartments situated in the area.
Chowrangi is an Urdu word for a roundabout, and in this area guide, we will detail the region around the chowrangi.
Found in Gulshan-e-Iqbal Block 7, the area around Maskan Chowrangi has recently been transformed into a lively food street. From top-notch restaurants to reputable cafes, fast food joints, and coffee/tea stalls and cafes serving cold and hot beverages – almost all sorts of food and beverage outlets are up and running nearby, delighting everyone from tea lovers to coffee fans and from desi foodies to fans of the Italian cuisine.
Calling Maskan Chowrangi an urban oasis won't be wrong. Besides shopping malls and retail outlets of various brands, the famous KDA market, which is home to several shops, is also situated near Maskan Chowrangi, Karachi. Also, Go Aish Adventure Park – a known amusement park of the city – and Safari Park are in proximity to the roundabout.
The area is also rife with public transport options, banks, schools, and mosques. Several flats and houses have been developed in the circumference of Maskan Chowrangi, and they are sufficient in all the amenities necessary for a convenient lifestyle.
AT A GLANCE
- Home to famous universities of Karachi
- Rife with public transportation
- Lively area, full of commercial spaces
- Home to well-known eating spots
- Situated near Gulistan-e-Johar
- KDA Market is in the vicinity
FACILITIES, SCHOOLS AND HEALTHCARE
Public Transport in and near Maskan Chowrangi, Karachi
Karachi is a city home to millions of souls moving seemingly endlessly. As such, Karachi's public transport, too, never rests. Talking specifically about Maskan Chowrangi, several rickshaws and taxis cross the chowrangi or roundabout daily. People also ride on horse carriages if the distances are short.
Moreover, residents of Maskan Chowrangi have the option of using application-based ride-hailing services. People living nearby can comfortably travel by various public buses stopping at the roundabout and the stops nearby. One such bus stop is the Maskan Chowrangi Bus Stop, situated on Allama Shabbir Ahmed Usmani Road.
Further, some more bus stops near Maskan Chowrangi are all in a radius of almost 1 to 2 km, and include:
- NED Shuttle Service Bus Stand near Ned Colony Ring St Road
- Resham Bus Stop on University Road, marking Gulistan-e-Johar
- NED Stop Noman Jadoon Road in Block 1 Gulistan-e-Johar
- KU Stop in Block 1 Gulistan-e-Johar
- Fatima Charitable and Maternity Home Bus Stop on Safari Road, marking Gulshan-e-Iqbal
- Continental Bus Stop in Block 15 Gulistan-e-Johar
- Sir Syed Bus Stop in Block 10 Gulshan-e-Iqbal
It takes around 17 to 25 minutes to reach these stops on foot and less than 10 minutes by road.
Mostly, the population living in Maskan Chowrangi, Karachi own cars or bikes and can travel on the roads running across the area very conveniently. Nevertheless, those who do not have personal vehicles can also get around the city, owing to public transportation in and near Maskan.
Markets near Maskan Chowrangi, Karachi
Right after public transport, the second most important thing for people looking to buy residential properties is the availability of grocery stores and markets to help them take care of their daily needs in nearby areas.
Generally, all developed areas of Karachi are surrounded by commercial spaces, and Maskan is no exception.
Some famous markets near Maskan Chowrangi include:
- Al-Tamuria Super Market and Al-Wardah Super Market on Allama Shabbir Ahmed Usmani Road
- Fresh Bakery in Block 1/2 Metrovil Colony
- Home Needz Super Market, Home Plus Supermarket, and Discovery Supermarket in Block 4 Gulshan-e-Iqbal
- Dhoraji Market in Block 7, Gulshan-e-Iqbal on Olympian Islahuddin Road
- Ahmed Rice and General Store in Block 1/1 Metrovil Colony
- Alif Lam Meem General Store in Quaid e Azam Colony, Gulshan-e-Iqbal
- Madina Super Market on Moulana Yousuf Ludhianwi Shaheed Road, near Gulzar-e-Hijri
- 7 Star Superstore on University Road, bordering Block 11, Gulshan-e-Iqbal
Residents can walk to these stores from Maskan Chowrangi in about 10 to 20 minutes, or they can drive to them in around 3 to 7 minutes.
Furthermore, a large part of daily groceries includes fresh produce. People who don't like frozen vegetables and fruits can quickly get fresh ones from Zakir Brothers Fresh Fruit Shop in Block 4, Gulshan-e-Iqbal, vegetable shop Ajmal Abdul Ghafoor in Block 4, Gulistan-e-Johar, and Vegetable Market in Block 15 Gulistan-e-Johar. These markets are almost 1 to 3 km from Maskan and can be reached in less than 10 minutes by road.
Also, several other fruit and vegetable vendors set up stalls daily near Abul Isphani Road and the areas adjoining Maskan – these shops and vendors are easily accessible on foot from the chowrangi.
As for fresh meat, locals usually visit Khaas Meat - Abul Hassan Isphani Branch on Abul Hasan Isphani Road, Al Halal Fresh Meat Supplier & Exporter in Block 2, Gulshan-e-Iqbal, Hashim Mutton, Chicken & Beef Shop, Shaheen Store, and Subhanallah Mutton Shop in Block 9 Gulshan-e-Iqbal, Khaas Meat in Block 15, Gulistan-e-Johar, and Kamran Meat Shop in Block 18, Gulistan-e-Johar.
It takes around 8 to 12 minutes to drive to these stores.
Besides food and groceries, a number of pharmacies and electric stores are also situated nearby.
A few reputable pharmacies near Maskan Chowrangi, around 1 to 2 km away, include Patel Pharmacy and Discovery Pharmacy in Block 4 Gulshan-e-Iqbal; Ahmed Attari Medical Store in Block 7, Gulshan-e-Iqbal; DVAGO Pharmacy & Wellness Experts - Gulshan Branch near Disco Bakery, in Block 3, Gulshan-e-Iqbal; Maseeha Pharmacy in Block 6, Gulshan-e-Iqbal; Pakeeza Homeopathic Clinic & Pharmacy in Gulzar-e-Hijri Block 1/1, Metrovil Colony, and Ibn-e-Sina Pharmacy in Block 6, Gulshan-e-Iqbal.
As far as electronics are concerned, some electronic repair stores and mobile shops near Maskan Chowrangi include The Computer Point and Al-Ghaffar Electronics on Allama Shabbir Ahmed Usmani Road; Shah Electronics in Block 7, Gulshan-e-Iqbal; Bilal Electronics and Johar Electronics in Block 6, Gulshan-e-Iqbal; Techno House - TCL in Block 4, Gulshan-e-Iqbal; IC Electronics and Mobile Accessories in Block 1, Gulistan-e-Johar; Rizwan Electronics on University Road; Fariya Mobile Mall on Rashid Minhas Road, and Al Ghafoor Mobile Mall in Block 2002C Gulshan-e-Iqbal.
It takes just 4 to 8 minutes to reach these stores by road.
Lastly, KDA Market in Scheme 33 is rich in stores featuring clothes, shoes, jewellery, home accessories, and kitchen supplies. It takes around 10 minutes to reach the KDA market, sitting at a stretch of 3 to 4 km from Maskan Chowrangi.
Mosques near Maskan Chowrangi, Karachi
Mosques at a few metres from Maskan Chowrangi include Jamia Masjid Abu Zar Ghaffari in Block 4, Gulshan-e-Iqbal, Bilal Bin Rabah Mosque, Huda Masjid, Block 7 Masjid-e-Quba, and Shah Jee Mosque in Block 7, Gulshan-e-Iqbal. It takes nearly 5 to 15 minutes to reach these mosques on foot.
Some more mosques near Maskan Chowrangi, at a drive of almost 6 to 14 minutes, include:
- Jamaa Masjid Omar on Abul Hasan Isphani Road, near Gulzar E Hijri, Scheme 33
- Salman Farsi Masjid and Masjid-e-Usman Ghani in Block 12, Gulistan-e-Johar
- Masjid Afzal in Block 14, Gulistan-e-Johar
- Jamia Darul Khair in Block 15, Gulistan-e-Johar
- Masjid e Akhiyar in Block 9, Gulshan-e-Iqbal
- Masjid o Imambargah Taqwaa in Block 4 A, Gulshan-e-Iqbal
- Jamia Ameer Hamza Masjid on Model Colony Road
- Masjid O Imambargah Masoomeen in Block 14, Gulberg Town
- Masjid O Imambargah Askari in Block 9, Dastagir
- Imambargah Hazara Goth on Imam Bargah Road, Hazarah Goth, Gulshan-e-Iqbal
Schools, Colleges And Universities near Maskan Chowrangi, Karachi
For property-seekers in Karachi with families, the safest bet is to buy or rent a residential unit in a well-served, convenient area, surrounded by essential amenities, including schools, colleges, and universities.
In this regard, Maskan Chowrangi, Karachi, is a haven for families, owing to the number of reputable academic institutions operational nearby.
Clusters of private and public schools can be found near Maskan Chowrangi, specifically in Gulshan-e-Iqbal Block 4, 6, and 7. Some famous schools operational in Block 4, Gulshan-e-Iqbal, include Happy Palace School, Falcon House Grammar School, White House Grammar School, and Gulshan Cambridge School.
Additionally, Karachi Public School, a well-known institution, is situated in Block 6, while some reputed schools in Block 7, Gulshan-e-Iqbal, include The City School Gulshan Junior A, The City School Gulshan TCN-I, Head Start Kindergarten - Gulshan, Suffah Saviour School, Chiniot Islamia School, and College, and The City School - Gulshan Nursery-II in Block 7, Gulshan-e-Iqbal.
These schools are a little over 1 km from Maskan Chowrangi and can easily be reached by road in about 6 to 8 minutes.
In addition to the schools mentioned above, several other primary and secondary schools are situated near Maskan Chowrangi, but discussing them would result in an unending list – so we have named the most popular ones above to give you an overall idea of the area.
Similarly, some known colleges and universities near Maskan Chowrangi, in an approximate radius of 1 to 3 km, include:
- Hashmat Memorial College of Education on Abul Hasan Isphani Road, near Railway Society
- Beaconhouse College Campus Gulshan in Block 4, Gulshan-e-Iqbal
- Reads School & College and Adler College in Block 4, Gulshan-e-Iqbal
- Bahria Foundation College in Block 7, Gulshan-e-Iqbal
- College of Banking & Finance in Block 5, Gulshan-e-Iqbal
- NED University of Engineering and Technology in Block 1, Gulistan-e-Johar
- Institute of Business Administration Karachi Main Campus on University Road
- The University of Karachi on University Road
- Preston University Gulshan Campus in Block 6, Gulshan-e-Iqbal
- Sir Syed University of Engineering and Technology in Block 5, Gulshan-e-Iqbal
The colleges mentioned above offer intermediate and bachelors in science, engineering, arts, and commerce.
NED University offers undergraduate, postgraduate, and Ph.D. programmes in the faculties of Civil and Petroleum Engineering, Mechanical and Manufacturing Engineering, Electrical and Computer Engineering, Information Sciences and Humanities, Chemical & Process Engineering, and Architecture & Management Sciences.
The Institute of Business Administration is a top-notch business university in Pakistan. The university offers undergraduate, graduate, and postgraduate programmes along with diplomas in various fields, including business administration, accounting and law, economics and finance, marketing, management, computer science, social science and liberal arts, and mathematical sciences.
Similarly, Preston University offers various bachelors and master programmes for business administration, computer science, industry and technology, natural and applied sciences, social sciences, science and technology, education, and research.
Moreover, the University of Karachi is a federal university that offers bachelors and masters in various segments, including media sciences, communication, engineering, education, arts, and social sciences, management sciences, medicine, pharmacy, law, and Islamic studies.
Sir Syed University of Engineering and Technology is a known private university offering undergraduate and postgraduate programmes in architecture, various fields of engineering, computer science, information technology, telecommunication engineering, biomedical sciences, mobile comm & security, mathematics, and business administration.
Students can reach the mentioned colleges and universities in about 6 to 10 minutes by road.
A gate to Karachi University and NED University opens in front of Maskan Chorwangi, Karachi. People travelling here in their cars or bikes can use this gate to enter their respective universities.
Banks near Maskan Chowrangi, Karachi
Since this area is huddled right between Block 4 and 7 of Gulshan-e-Iqbal, many notable banks are in the vicinity of Maskan Chowrangi. These include Sindh Bank Limited (Islamic Banking) near Shaheen Heights Apartment and Allied Bank Limited in Block 7, Gulshan-e-Iqbal, and JS Bank in Block 4, Gulshan-e-Iqbal. These banks are just next to the chowrangi and can be accessed on foot in only about 10 minutes.
While banks slightly over a kilometre from the chowrangi include Meezan Bank in Block 3, Gulshan-e-Iqbal, Faysal Bank in Gulshan Block 6, Faysal Bank inside NED University, and Summit Bank in Block 1, Gulistan-e-Johar. Residents of the area can reach them in a drive of 10 minutes.
Clinics and Hospitals near Maskan Chowrangi, Karachi
Maskan is situated between two prominent blocks of Gulshan-e-Iqbal; hence, several clinics and hospitals can be conveniently reached from the roundabout. Better yet, some renowned clinics and hospitals are present nearby.
Among a plethora of clinics, some well-known clinics are a little over 250 metres to 1 kilometre away from Maskan. These include:
- Zubaida Machiyara Trust Clinic in Block 4, Gulshan-e-Iqbal
- Mother And Child Clinic in Block 7 on Allama Shabbir Ahmed Usmani Road
- Junior's Clinic For Paeds & Parents in Block 3, Gulshan-e-Iqbal
- Dr M Hanif Clinic in New Dhoraji Colony Apartments, Gulshan Block 4
- Derm MD Care in Block 3 Gulshan-e-Iqbal
- Dr Syed Aley Hassan Homoeopathic Clinic in Block 3, Gulshan
- Dr Aleem's Dental Clinics in Gulshan Apartments based in Block 7, Gulshan-e-Iqbal
- Junior's Clinic in Gulshan Block 6
It takes around 5 to 20 minutes to walk to these clinics from the chowrangi.
Furthermore, some well-reputed hospitals near Maskan include:
- Rajput General Hospital on Abul Hasan Isphani Road, near Block 4, Gulshan-e-Iqbal: The hospital is just about 600 metres from Maskan Chowrangi, at a walk of 8 to 10 minutes.
- Karachi Medical Complex in Block 7 on Allama Shabbir Ahmed Usmani Road: The hospital is nearly 500 metres from Maskan, at a walking distance of 6 to 8 minutes.
- Patel Hospital in Block 4, Gulshan-e-Iqbal: It takes around 4 minutes to drive to this hospital from the chowrangi.
- Modern Hospital on University Road, near Block 7, Gulshan-e-Iqbal: The hospital is a little over 1 km away from Maskan, and it takes about 5 minutes to get there by car.
- M. RAB Medical Centre in Block 2 Gulshan-e-Iqbal on Sardar Ali Sabri Road: Placed a little over 2 km from Maskan, the hospital is reachable in about 5 minutes by road.
- Avicenna Healthcare in Block 6, Gulshan-e-Iqbal: This medical centre is also placed at slightly over 2 km from Maskan Chowrange at a drive of 6 to 8 minutes.
- Darul Sehat Hospital in Block 15, Gulistan-e-Johar on Abul Hafeez Jalandhari Road: Sitting at a distance of almost 3 to 4 km, the hospital is accessible via road in about 7 to 9 minutes.
- Ashfaq Memorial Hospital on University Road in Block 13 C, Gulshan-e-Iqbal: It takes around 10 minutes to reach the hospital.
The hospital mentioned above consists of clinics, out-patient and in-patient departments, emergency units, operation theatres, general wards, pharmacies, labs, vaccinations, and diagnostics services, among various other services in different medical departments.
Patel Hospital, Ashfaq Memorial Hospital, and Darul Sehat Hospital also have ambulance services to carry patients to and from their residence in case of emergencies.
PROPERTIES IN Maskan Chowrangi, Karachi
Sales Price Trends in Maskan Chowrangi, Karachi
Maskan Chowrangi is a densely populated area closely connected to every amenity imaginable. Properties available here do not remain on the market for long, and as such, for now, just a couple of apartments are up for sale in the area. However, further development of property units, especially apartment buildings, is expected in the area in future.
Houses for Sale in Maskan Chowrangi, Karachi
At a later stage, houses will be offered for sale in Maskan Chowrangi, Karachi.
Flats for Sale in Maskan Chowrangi, Karachi
Almost all apartments around Maskan Chowrangi are occupied by residents. For now, flats for sale in Maskan Chowrangi, Karachi consist of 2 and 3 bedrooms. The price for 2-bed-flats is between PKR and PKR whereas just a few flats of 3 bedrooms are up for sale for a price that goes up to PKR 98.5 lakh.
Plots for Sale in Maskan Chowrangi, Karachi
Plots are also going to be available for sale here in the future.
Rent Price Trends in Maskan Chowrangi, Karachi
Again, most of the houses and apartments have already been rented out in the densely populated area around Maskan Chowrangi, Karachi. Until further development, few apartments are available on rent here.
Flats for Rent in Maskan Chowrangi, Karachi
A few apartments are available on rent in Maskan Chowrangi, Karachi. The rent price for 3-bed flats is around PKR 35 thousand, while the monthly rental for 2-bed-flats is around PKR 30 thousand.
Commercial Properties in Maskan Chowrangi, Karachi
Maskan Chowrangi is home to several commercial activities. From malls to shops and car showrooms, several places of a commercial nature are situated here. With time, more commercial properties for sale are going to be developed here alongside commercial property units for rent.
SHOPPING, RESTAURANTS, AND BAKERIES
Malls near Maskan Chowrangi, Karachi
Maskan is known for its proximity to some of the most well-known malls in Karachi. Among others, a few prominent malls near Maskan Chowrangi, include:
- Samama Shopping Mall in Gulistan-e-Johar: The mall is a little over 1 kilometre from Maskan Chowrangi at a drive of nearly 4 minutes. From eastern to western clothes, accessories including handbags and jewellery – a variety of products are available in this mall.
- City Vision Shopping Mall near Resham Bazaar on University Road: Again, the mall is also a kilometre from Maskan Chowrangi at a drive of 4 to 6 minutes. Apparel, accessories, jewellery, and cosmetics are among the various products sold here.
- Lucky One Mall on Main Rashid Minhas Road: This is Karachi's largest malls that consist of branded and unbranded stores of various local and global brands, a huge hypermart, mouth-watering dining options, a play area for kids, and a huge gaming area. Lucky One that categorizes itself among some of the best malls in Karachi is wheelchair accessible. Moving wheelchairs across Lucky One Mall is very convenient. People can also use bigger lifts while using wheelchairs. The mall is a little over 4 km from Maskan and can be reached by road in about 12 to 15 minutes.
- RJ Shopping on Main Rashid Minhas Road: Placed slightly over 5 km from Maskan Chowrangi, RJ Shopping Mall is placed at a drive of about 12 minutes. The mall is known for hosting shops of electronic appliances, computers, and mobiles. However, clothes, jewellery, gift stores, and shoe stores are also present here.
- Millenium Mall at Johar Mor, Gulistan-e-Johar: The mall is at a drive of about 11 minutes and a distance of nearly 5 to 6 km. The mall is home to different local brands and some international brands. From clothes to shoes and cosmetics, everything is available here. Moreover, the mall also has a fun play area for children and a bowling alley for youngsters and adults, along with a food court with mouth-watering cuisines.
Please note that the time mentioned above has been derived from google maps, and it might change, depending upon traffic, since all the mentioned shopping areas are situated on or near significant arteries of Karachi. These roads face traffic jams during peak school and office hours.
Restaurants and Bakeries near Maskan Chowrangi, Karachi
Maskan is known to host a thriving food street in Karachi, owing to the number of restaurants, cafes, and bakeries situated nearby. Among a cluster of eating spots, some famous ones near Maskan Chowrangi include:
- BoviChic in Block 7, Gulshan-e-Iqbal on Abul Hasan Isphani Road
- Grill' et near Allah Noor Apartments, Gulshan Block 7
- So Gusto, PUB-G Cafe, Spice One, KFC, and Al Jannat Zaiqa Restaurant in Gulshan Block 7 on Allama Shabbir Ahmed Usmani Road
- Ginsoy - Gulshan, Quetta Bhai Jan Hotel, Sizzlerz Café & Grill, Subway, ChopSoy - The American Chinese Cuisine, and Burger O'Clock in Block 4, Gulshan-e-Iqbal
- Idrees Kabab House and Chinese Inn Restaurant in Block 6, Gulshan-e-Iqbal
It takes less than 10 minutes to reach these eateries by road.
As for desserts, many bakeries, doughnut shops, and ice-cream parlours are present nearby. These include Dunkin' Donuts, Pie in the Sky, The Bakers Sweets & Nimco, and Delizia – Gulshan-e-Iqbal on Allama Shabbir Ahmed Usmani Road, Block 4, Gulshan-e-Iqbal, Disco Bakers in Block 3, Gulshan-e-Iqbal, Blue Ribbon Bakery in Block 7, Gulshan-e-Iqbal on Allama Shabbir Ahmed Usmani Road, Al Jayyid Ice cream, Peshawari Ice cream Gulshan-e-Iqbal, Baloch Ice cream in Block 6, Gulshan-e-Iqbal, and Paradise Bakery in Block 1/1 Metrovil Colony.
These places are a few metres from Maskan Chowrangi and can be reached by car in about 3 to 6 minutes. Moreover, Blue Ribbon Bakery is right next to the chowrangi and can be accessed on foot in about 5 minutes.
OUTDOOR ACTIVITIES, FITNESS AND BEAUTY
Sports Facilities and Fitness Centres near Maskan Chowrangi, Karachi
Not only is Maskan dotted with food joints and eateries, but the area is also well-served with fitness options to help residents burn all those extra calories and lead a healthy life.
Some sports facilities near Maskan Chowrangi, at a drive of 8 to 11 minutes, are Karachi Hockey Association in Block 5, Gulshan-e-Iqbal, Women Sports Complex in Block 3, Gulshan-e-Iqbal, UBL Sports Complex, and Liaquat Ali Khan Sports Complex in Block 15, Gulberg Town, and Shadab Sports Complex in Block 11, Gulberg Town. Residents fond of outdoor games such as cricket, badminton, tennis, football, can use these grounds for their favourite sport.
On the other hand, a few popular gyms and fitness centres near Maskan Chowrangi include Body Space Fitness Gym in Block 7, Gulshan-e-Iqbal, Rik Fitness and Riz Shah Fitness in Block 4, Gulshan-e-Iqbal, Faisal's Fitness Zone in Block 4A, Journalists Society, Gulshan-e-Iqbal, Fitness Empire and Weider Gym & Fitness Club in Block 3, Gulshan-e-Iqbal, Fitz Studio, and Body Shape Gym in Block 6, Gulshan-e-Iqbal, and Workout Studio Fitness Center in Block 13 D 1, Gulshan-e-Iqbal.
It takes nearly 3 to 10 minutes to reach the fitness facilities in the vicinity by road. From cardio to physical training with weights and floor workout – residents can go for a variety of fitness activities to these gyms. Moreover, all these gyms offer economically viable monthly membership packages.
Parks near Maskan Chowrangi, Karachi
The area around Maskan is not just covered with residential and commercial buildings, but few green spaces have also been developed in the neighbourhood.
Residents usually head to these parks for a walk or jog, and family picnics, moreover, playing outdoor games in the parks near Maskan Chowrangi is also an excellent activity for children.
Some famous parks near Maskan Chowrangi, at a stretch of 1 to 2 km, are:
- Safari Park in Block 7 Gulshan-e-Iqbal
- Children Park KDA in Block 3 Gulshan-e-Iqbal
- Nasir Hussain Shaheed Family Park in Block 2 Gulshan-e-Iqbal
- Family Park in Gulshan-e-Iqbal Block 5
- Bagh-e-Mustufa Park in Block 7, Gulshan-e-Iqbal
- Fatima Surayya Bajia Family Park, University Hill View Park and Hill View Park in Block 1, Gulistan-e-Johar
- Rashid Minhas Shaheed Children and Ladies Park in Gulzar-e-Hijri Block 2
It takes nearly 6 to 10 minutes to reach these parks by road.
Salons and Spas near Maskan Chowrangi, Karachi
Surrounded by several commercial avenues, Maskan Chowrangi's neighbouring area is home to several beauty parlours. Getting a massage, hair treatment, facials, manicures, pedicures, and numerous other beauty services is very convenient for people living in the area, thanks to the salons and spas near Maskan Chowrangi, Karachi.
A few famous salons situated at a few metres include Excellency Beauty Parlor in Block 7, Gulshan-e-Iqbal, near KFC; His & Hair Salon and Spa and De Beauty Salon in Block 4, Gulshan-e-Iqbal on Allama Shabbir Ahmed Usmani Road; Beauty Lounge and Rose Beauty Parlour on Allama Shabbir Ahmed Usmani Road, Gulshan Block 3; Y Men's Salon in Block 6, Gulshan-e-Iqbal on Allama Shabbir Ahmed Usmani Road, and Kiran Beauty Salon in Gulshan Block 6 near Gulshan-e-Iqbal Flyover.
You can reach these salons from Maskan Chowrangi by road in less than ten minutes.
Cinemas near Maskan Chowrangi, Karachi
Alongside outing in parks, families, and friends and, at times, even colleagues, visit cinemas to watch movies together. As such, having a cinema nearby can prove to be useful. As for Maskan, some popular cinemas nearby include Cinepax City Auditorium on Shahrah-e-Pakistan in Block 14, Gulberg Town, near Ayesha Manzil, and Nueplex Cinemas in Askari 4 on Rashid Minhas Road.
Both movie theatres screen 2D and 3D movies, and before the launch of these two cinemas, people living here were almost starved for quality entertainment. Nevertheless, the affluence of the area around Maskan empowered developers to establish cinemas in a location that' s central to people living in Gulistan-e-Johar, Gulshan, and North of Karachi.
It takes about 10 to 13 minutes to reach the cinemas near Maskan Chowrangi, Karachi, by road.
Hotels near Maskan Chowrangi, Karachi
Several youngsters who come to Karachi to study prefer to live near Maskan. The prime reason for this is the availability of hostels. Some famous hostels near Maskan Chowrangi include Shah G Boys Hostel on Main KU Circular Road, near N.E.D. University, Murad Hostel in Block 1, Gulistan-e-Johar, Effat University Girls Hostel in Block 6, Gulshan-e-Iqbal, and Alhaq Boys Hostel in Block 6, Gulshan-e-Iqbal. Various hostels of IBA, NED, and KU are also situated nearby.
Living in these hostels is ideal for students, as they can catch buses from the nearby stops such as the Maskan Chowrangi Bus Stop and travel to the nearby universities including NED, IBA, and KU.
Banquet Halls near Maskan Chowrangi, Karachi
The area near Maskan Chowrangi is known to host several events, especially marriage ceremonies. The area is dotted with banquet and marriage halls, and people from across the city host their events here.
The most known banquet halls near Maskan Chowrangi Karachi include Fairmont Banquet Hall, Sham-e-Mehran Banquet Hall, Al Hina Garden Banquet Hall, and Host & Guest Banquet Hall on Abul Hasan Isphani Road. It takes less than 10 minutes to reach these halls, situated at a few metres from the chowrangi, by road.
The area's central location, an abundance of natural and commercial spaces, high-quality educational institutions, and commercial avenues in the nearby areas is what makes the area around Maskan Chowrangi incredibly attractive for buyers and investors.
Popular areas adjoining Maskan Chowrangi consist of several blocks of Gulshan-e-Iqbal including Block 7, Block 4, Block 5, and Block 10, whereas some blocks of Gulistan-e-Johar including Block 1 and Block 15 are also nearby. Railway Society, Scheme 33, Block 1/1 Metrovil Colony and Gulberg Town are also not very far from Maskan Chowrangi, Karachi.
THINGS TO CONSIDER
Maskan Chowrangi is a thickly populated area, though developers are trying to make new buildings and houses in this area, most of the area has already been developed, and people are settled here. Nevertheless, business people can keep a check at the commercial properties in Maskan Chowrangi.
However, people looking for ready-to-move houses and apartments might have to search for properties in other areas of Karachi.
Moreover, since several educational institutions and food outlets are situated in Gulshan Block 7 and 4, there is a significant traffic congestion problem in the area. People generally park their vehicles on the main road in front of schools when dropping off their children or park in the wrong lane when visiting a restaurant.
This causes traffic congestion; however, this is a man-made problem. A little civility practised on the end of these drivers and a little caution by the traffic officials can easily sort this out.
Importance of Maskan Chowrangi, Karachi from major locations nearby
- Gulshan-e-Iqbal Block 7 is situated nearby, at a drive of just about 4 minutes
- Gulshan-e-Iqbal Block 4 is also nearby at a drive of nearly 4 minutes
- It takes around 6 minutes by road to access Gulshan-e-Iqbal Block 6
- Block 1/1 Metrovil Colony is also placed at a drive of about 6 minutes
- It takes almost 7 minutes to drive up to Gulshan-e-Iqbal Block 5 from Maskan Chowrangi
- It takes nearly 7 minutes to reach Gulistan-e-Johar Block 15 by road
- It takes around 9 minutes by road to reach Gulistan-e-Johar Block 1
- Gulshan-e-Iqbal Block 10 is placed at a drive of about 10 minutes
- It takes around 10 minutes to reach Gulberg Town, Karachi
- It takes approximately 12 minutes to get to Railway Society by car
- Scheme 33 is placed at a road-trip of roughly 15 minutes