ABOUT MEDICAL TOWN, LAHORE
Medical Town Lahore is a project of Pakistan Medical Association Cooperative Housing Society. It is located on Sharif Medical City Road coming straight from Jati Umrah, just 4 minutes ahead of Fazaia Housing Scheme Phase 2.
Medical Town is an affordable cooperative housing society perfect for buyers who are looking to build a house at a reasonable price. Being a small housing society, this scheme is problem-free in terms of electricity or water supply.
The area is LDA (Lahore Development Authority) approved, which means you can get a plot and build your dream home in this location. The main boulevard road is 60 feet long, whereas the internal roads are around 30 feet wide.
Medical Town enjoys a prime location in proximity to numerous known societies of Lahore. It is 4 kilometres from Adda Plots, about 1.6 km from Sharif Educational Complex and around 2 km from Sharif Medical Complex. On the other side of this town, you will find Army Welfare Trust (AWT) Phase 2 and SUI Gas Society Phase 2 housing schemes.
AT A GLANCE
- Plots available at affordable prices
- Spacious yet fully carpeted roads
- Availability of water supply and electricity
- Hospitals and schools are nearby for the residents
- Located on Sharif Medical City Road
- Well-developed housing societies in the neighborhood
FACILITIES, SCHOOLS AND HEALTHCARE
Public Transport NEAR MEDICAL TOWN, LAHORE
Public transportation is one of the most essential requirements for the residents of a community. Quick access to railway stations, airports and bus terminals adds a huge advantage for the locals. Medical Town Lahore has ample transportation options available narby.
If you want to catch a bus heading towards the neighbouring areas of Lahore, LTC or Lahore Transport Company has a bus depot and a bus stand close by. The LTC bus depot is about 23 kilometres from Medical Town and would take about half an hour to reach via Lahore Ring Road. Whereas, the LTC Bus Stand, which is located in Township near Quaid–E–Millat Colony, is 23.2 kilometres away. It takes around 35 minutes to drive there from Medical Town through Madar-e-Millat Road.
Other bus stops near this housing scheme include:
- Jinnah Bus Terminal, which is at Thokar Niaz Baig Flyover, just about 40 minutes ride on Sharif Medical Complex Road
- Model Town Q Block Extension Bus Stand in Block Q Commercial Area Model Town, around 40 minutes away via Sharif Medical Complex Road
- Daewoo Express Lahore Terminal, in Amarkot, approximately 19.5 kilometres away, can be reached via Raiwind Road in just about 35 minutes
- Thokar Bus Stop and Thokar Bus Terminal are both present less than 25 kilometres from Medical Town - less than half an hour’s drive from
In addition to this, there are three railway stations near Medical Town. Jia Bagga Railway Station is only 26 minutes away via Raiwind Road and Kot Araian - Jia Bagga Road. The station is operational and travellers seem to find staff available anytime of the day. Another station near Medical Town is the Kot Lakhpat Railway Station on Peco Road.
Bigger than Jia Bagga, Kot Lahkpat railway station is on the southwest side of Lahore. It serves people coming from areas like Model Town, Township, Johar Town, Faisal Town and Garden Town. As there is a high volume of people checking in at this train station, it distributes the burden on other famous stations like Main Railway Station. Kot Lakhpat Railway Station is commutable by car from Medical Town Lahore in an average time of 30 to 40 minutes.
Considering air travel options, Allama Iqbal Airport is just 15 minutes away from this housing society through Lahore Ring Road (L-20).
Markets NEAR MEDICAL TOWN, LAHORE
As a small housing society, Medical Town offers its residents different places to go for grocery shopping. Super markets and local shops are conveniently available for you to shop for everyday products with ease.
The closest market near Medical Town is Mughal Market. This marketplace has small shops where people go to buy necessities on a day-to-day basis. Milk shops, poultry shops, banks and small restaurants are present in Mughal Market that offers easy grocery shopping choices for the locals from nearby areas. Mughal Market is present on the intersection of Sundar Industrial Estate Road and Sharif Medical City Road. It is a 4-minute drive from Medical Town.
Another marketplace in the vicinity is the Gardenia Market. Buyers can get fresh and healthy produce such as fruits and vegetables in this area. It is located in Sector C, Bahria Town Lahore, and is a 22-minute drive from Medical Town.
Other popular markets near Medical Town Lahore are:
- Market Gulshan-e-Lahore in Gulshan-e-Lahore Block A has departmental stores and other facilities for the people living in the vicinity. Commuting distance to this marketplace from Medical Town is about 25 minutes.
- G-3 Market, which is present in Wapda Town Phase 1, is roughly 30 minutes’ drive from Medical Town.
- Main Market on Main Ave, in Block K Wapda Town, is just 17 km from the housing society. This market area has small shops and clothing outlets for shopping enthusiasts to enjoy a variety of products at affordable prices.
- Sabzazaar Market Area in Sabzazaar Housing Scheme is approximately 30 to 40 minutes from Medical Town via Raiwind Road.
Apart from grocery stores, there are various other shops near Medical Town, Lahore. There is Bhatti’s Mobile Market in Makhdumabad Ismail Nagar – 35 minutes away and Abid Market that deals in electronics – 37 minutes away. You can also find Liberty Flower Market and Flower Market Bhekewal Morr where you can get beautiful bouquets for special occasions; both are around 30-50 minutes’ drive from Medical Town.
Mosques near MEDICAL TOWN, LAHORE
There are numerous mosques near Medical Town for residents to fulfil their religious obligations. The Grand Jamia Masjid of Bahria Town Main Boulevard is the closest mosque to Medical Town Lahore.
Architecturally, this mosque has a beautiful interior, decorated with antique chandeliers and stunning Arabic calligraphy. Designed by Nayyar Ali Dada, this mosque was inaugurated on 6th October 2014. In total, this masjid has the capacity of 80,000 worshippers, which makes it the 3rd largest mosque in Pakistan and 14th largest mosque in the world.
The architecture of this masjid was inspired by mosques like Badshahi Masjid, Wazir Ali Khan Mosque and Sheykh Zayed Mosque in Abu Dhabi. Grand Jamia Masjid is just an 18-minute drive from Medical Town, Lahore.
Other mosques that are in proximity to this housing society are:
- Sarwar Mosque, in CC Block Bahria town, takes about 15-20 minutes to reach via Bahria Town Main Blvd
- Tariq Gardens Mosque, in Block D Tariq Garden, is approximately 16 kilometres away
- Jamia Masjid Mian Muhammad Faazil also known as Bait-ul-Fazil is at Thokar Niaz Baig, Canal Bank Road, which is just half an hour away
- Madinah Mosque in Johar Town Block F1 is accessible via Khayaban-e-Jinnah Road and would take about 20 to 30 minutes in a car
Schools, Colleges And Universities near MEDICAL TOWN, LAHORE
As a recently developed society, Medical Town Lahore does not have any schools, colleges and universities within the locality as of now - but there are many educational institutions in the surrounding areas of this project.
Two famous schools near Medical Town are Lahore Grammar School (LGS) and The International School of Choueifat.
Lahore Grammar School started its first school branch in 1979, and since then it has grown to be a part of all the major cities in Pakistan, especially Punjab. It offers classes from Pre-school all the way up to O’Levels and A’Levels. LGS is famous for its co-curricular activities and makes sure that students enjoy a balance between studies and fun.
Two LGS campuses that are near Medical Town Lahore are the Lahore Grammar School Landmark Project in DHA and the Lahore Grammar School Girls Branch in Model Town Lahore.
The International School of Choueifat, on the other hand, is around half an hour drive from the town. Known for its top-quality education and diverse student body, ISC-Lahore is leading educational institution, which is part of the SABIS network. SABIS is a network of schools with over 70,000 students and is present in more than 20 countries including Pakistan as ISC-Lahore.
Other schools that are in the neighbouring areas of Medical Town include:
- Beaconhouse Bahria Town Campus Lahore in Juniper Block Sector C Bahria Town
- The Punjab School in Block 1 Sector C-1, Township Lahore
- Salamat School System in Block R Phase 2, Johar Town
- Divisional Public School on DPS School Road in Sector A2 Block 4, Township Lahore
All of the above-mentioned schools are at around 20-30 minutes driving distance from Medical Town.
Moreover, there are various colleges near Medical Town including Sharif College of Engineering and Technology and Sharif Medical and Dental College. These colleges are on Sharif Medical City Road 5-minutes away from the newly built housing society. Other colleges nearby include:
- Cadet College Lahore on Multan Road in Maraka Village
- Punjab College on Ace Indigo Road in Maraka Village
- Government College of Technology in Bhobtian
- Muslim College of Commerce on 1 College Road, in Sector C-1 Township
- University College of Lahore on Raiwind Road, in Sultan Town
All of these aforementioned colleges are approximately 15-30 minutes away from Medical Town.
Apart from colleges, some of Lahore’s top-notch institutes, like Lahore University of Management Sciences, are in close proximity.
As one of the leading business schools in the country, LUMS is famous for its Bachelors in Business Administration (BBA) degree. Students from all over Pakistan strive to get admissions in this institution. The faculty here is highly qualified and the standard of education is extremely high. The private institution aims to achieve international recognition through excellence.
The commute time from LUMS to Medical Town is around half an hour, via Lahore Ring Road (L-20).
In addition to this, there are several other universities are present near Medical Town. These include:
- Beaconhouse National University Tarogil Campus on Raiwind Road, in Beacon House Society
- Riphah International University on Raiwind Road, in Chamru Pur
- University of South Asia in Block A, Overseas Pakistanis Foundation (OPF) Housing Scheme
- Punjab University College of Information Technology – Quaid-e-Azam Campus on Canal Road
- Lahore Garrison University on Street 6, in Sector C DHA Phase 6
- Minhaj University Lahore on Minhaj-ul-Quran University Road in Commercial Area of Township
- Superior University on Raiwind Road in Kot Araian
All these educational institutes are a 20-40 minutes’ drive from Medical Town.
Banks near MEDICAL TOWN, LAHORE
There are a number of banks near Medical Town. The closest banks are Faysal Bank on Sundar Industrial Estate Road, Allied Bank Limited in Sundar Sharif, Sundar and the other branch in Baharia Orchard Central District. These banks are 15 minutes away from town via car.
Other popular banks nearby include:
- Muslim Commercial Bank Limited (MCB) and Bank Al-Habib in Sector C Commercial Area, Bahria Town
- United Bank Limited (UBL) in Shaheen Block Sector B, Bahria Town
- Bank Islami on Valencia Main Boulevard, in Block D Valencia
- Meezan Bank in Plot No 68, 69-B on Service Road, in Sector C Commercial Area, Bahria Town
- Standard Chartered Bank on Khayaban-e-Firdausi, in Block R2 Phase 2, Johar Town
These banks are approximately 20 to 40 minutes’ drive from the newly built housing society.
Other financial institutions that are in close proximity to Medical Town are:
- Akhuwat Islamic Microfinance at 19 Civic Centre, on Minhaj-ul-Quran University Road, Sector A-II Twp Commercial Area Township – 25.1 kilometres away
- Finca Microfinance Bank Limited at Aslam Chowk, on College Road, in Sector B-1 Block A1 Phase 1 Johar Town – 24.2 kilometres away
- NRSP Microfinance Bank Limited in Makbool Plaza, on Maulana Shaukat Ali Road in Block C Faisal Town – 24.3 kilometres away
Clinics and Hospitals near MEDICAL TOWN, LAHORE
In order to get basic medical facilities and hospitality services there are numerous clinics and hospitals present near Medical Town.
Sharif Medical City Hospital is the closest hospital near Medical Town, Lahore. Founded by the Sharif Trust, this hospital project was launched in 1937. This hospital has a medical and dental college, nursing school, medical research centre, advanced laparoscopic surgery centre, institute of allied health sciences and a post graduate medical institute.
SMC Hospital aims to save lives with the help of the latest health and medicinal provisions. This hospital is 2.2 km away from Medical Town, which is roughly 6 minutes’ drive.
Other clinics and hospitals in the vicinity include:
- City Clinics-Medical and Dental Consultants at Shoukat Khanam Chowk, in 14 GCP Society Johar Town – 28-minute drive
- Dr. Akmal Laeeq Medical Clinic in Block D1 Phase 1 Johar Town –31 minute drive’s drive
- Wasif Medical Centre in Block H-2 Johar Town – 33 minute away
- Dr. Farrukh Skin & Medical Clinic and Iqra Medical Complex in Johar Town – around 30-35 minutes away
- Remedy’s Medical Centre on Street 1, in Block C Faisal Town – 37-minute drive
- Lahore General Hospital on Ferozpur Road near Chungi, in Amar Sidhu Ismail Nagar – 27.5 kilometres
- Bahria International Hospital in Takbeer Block Sector B, Bahria Town – 24-minute drive
- Citi Hospital on Defence Road, Punjab Government Servant Housing Society (PGSHS) 1 – 17.1 km from Medical Town
- Hameedah Memorial Hospital in Block D Valencia Housing Society – 14.7 km away
PROPERTIES IN MEDICAL TOWN, LAHORE
SALES PRICE TRENDS IN MEDICAL TOWN, LAHORE
Several properties are up for sale in Medical Town. Stay updated with the latest price trends that indicate the buyers to invest in the right kind of property. It is important to note that prices shown on the website are subject to change.
Plots for Sale in MEDICAL TOWN, LAHORE
Since this housing project is fairly new, there is a wide range of plots available on sale in Medical Town, Lahore. A 3 marla plot would cost you PKR 13 lakh, similarly a 6 marla plot is priced at PKR 19.5 lakh and a 16 marla plot is available for PKR 34 lakh.
This society is LDA approved and has all the amenities available for the residents including WAPDA water supply and electricity. Gas supply is going to be available in the upcoming months.
SHOPPING, RESTAURANTS, AND BAKERIES
Malls NEAR MEDICAL TOWN, LAHORE
In order to cater the residents’ shopping requirements, there are innumerable malls present near Medical Town. These malls have over 200 branded stores for customers to choose what they want.
Emporium Mall by Nishat Group is an example of such mall. Located in Johar Town, Emporium Mall is a 11-storey mall with elevators and escalators for people to shop around in a comfortable and convenient environment. Saturdays and Sundays are family days, which allows people to spend time with their families in a nice and enjoyable setting. This shopping mall is the second largest shopping centre in Pakistan and features known brands such as Adidas, Burger King, Charles and Keith, Giordano, Hush Puppies, Tag Heuer, Reebok and many others.
Located on Abdul Haque Road adjacent to Lahore International Expo Centre, Emporium Mall is at a driving distance of around 25 minutes via Sharif Medical Complex Road.
Other known shopping malls near Medical Town are:
- Xinhua Mall – This mall has an indoor amusement park and cinema theatre and it is located on 24-B/2, Mian Mehmood Ali Kasoori Road, in Block B2 Gulberg III – approximately 32 km away
- Fashion Gallery is a female clothing store with a wide variety of eastern and western clothing for women. This mall is in Sector C Jasmine Block, Bahria Town – approximately 22 minutes’ drive
- Sultan Shopping Mall on Model Town Link Road in Muhammadpura is an economical shopping centre – approximately 37 minutes’ drive
- Amanah Shopping Mall is a stylish place with numerous international retail outlets. This place has a food court, an arcade gaming area and a movie theatre. The mall is in GECHS (Government Employees Cooperative Housing Society) Phase 2 in Muhammadpura – 25.2 kilometres away
- Packages Mall – another well-known mall amongst the people of Lahore with a huge variety of retail stores to shop from. From Medical Town, you can reach this mall in 45 minutes through Lahore Ring Road (L-20)
Restaurants NEAR MEDICAL TOWN, LAHORE
Food lovers would love living in an area like Medical Town. Not only do they have popular options like KFC, McDonalds, Pizza Hut and Burger King nearby, they can also find many traditional restaurants close enough to satisfy your food cravings.
The fast food joints mentioned above are roughly 20 to 30 minutes away from Medical Town, which makes it convenient to grab a bite whenever you are in the mood for a quick meal.
Other traditional and continental restaurants close to Medical Town include:
- Options – An Exotic Restaurant on 8 Aibak Block, in Garden Heights Avenue in Garden Town Lahore
- Lal Qila on 11-A Main Boulevard, in Babar Block, Garden Town
- Dera Restaurant near Gaddafi Stadium, on Hafeez Kardar Road, in Block E-2 Gulberg III
- Monal in Plaza Liberty near Round About, Commercial Area Gulberg III
- Dumpukht Kada in Plot 144, on H Market Street, in Sector H, Phase 1 DHA
- Veera 5 Thai and Chinese Cuisine in Building no. 80, 5 Street 1, Sector C Phase 5 Defence Housing Authority
All these restaurants are approximately 30-45 minutes away from Medical Town.
OUTDOOR ACTIVITIES, FITNESS AND BEAUTY
Sports Facilities and Fitness Centres NEAR MEDICAL TOWN, LAHORE
In order to ensure an active lifestyle, there are various different sports grounds and fitness centres minutes away from Medical Town, Lahore.
Refuel Fitness is the closest gym available to the residents of Medical Town. It is approximately 2 km away from the location and takes just over 15 minutes to drive there. This gym features all sorts of exercising equipment. The trainers plan a fitness routine according to each individual’s needs. Refuel Fitness is in Sector C, Commercial Area Bahria Town. Other gyms near Medical Town include:
- Asif Gym and Fitness Club in Block A, Valencia – 22 minutes away
- Fitness Time Gym on 392 Main Boulevard, in Block D3 WAPDA Town Phase 1 – 31 minutes away
- Fitness Square inside Rehman Arcade, in Airline Society – 26 minutes away
- Genesis Fitness Club in Block R2 Khayaban-e-Firdousi, Phase 2 Johar Town – 30 minutes away
- Intense Fitness Gym in Block B3, Phase 1 Johar Town – 33 minutes away
- Figure Up Gym in Commercial Market, Abdul Haq Road, in Block G1 Johar Town – 35 minutes away
If you are a cricket fan who loves to play on the weekend or in the evening, there are many different cricket grounds located nearby. The nearest cricket ground to this location is the Cricket Stadium in Block A, Khayaban-e-Ameen. You can reach there via Sharif Medical Complex Road in less than 20 minutes. Other cricket grounds close to Medical Town are:
- New Ittefaq Cricket Club & Academy on Abul Hassan Isfahani Road in Block N of Model Town Extension – 25 km from Medical Town
- AHN Cricket Ground in the Green Acres Housing Society Extension - 14.9 km away
- Township Whites Cricket Club on Shah Jilani Road, in Civic Centre Commercial Area, Township – 23.2 km away
- Ashiana cricket ground in Aashiana-e-Quaid Housing Scheme – 26 km from Medical town
For football lovers, there are several football fields near Medical Town including:
- Water Tank Football Ground in Sector C Gulbahar Bahria Town – 23 minutes’ drive
- UOL (University Of Lahore) Football Ground in University of Lahore – 21 minutes’ drive
- Football Ground in Plot C 15, Izmir Extension, in Block N1 Izmir – 30 minutes’ drive
All these sports facilities and gyms can help the inhabitants of Medical Town maintain a healthy and active lifestyle.
Parks NEAR MEDICAL TOWN, LAHORE
It is important to take a break from your usual 9 to 5 routine and go outdoors to spend some time with your friends and family. These places could be parks, malls or any other leisure area that keeps your mind off from day to day activities.
For nature enthusiasts, there are many parks around the Medical Town area. The most famous park near this vicinity is Lahore Wildlife Park or Safari Park. This park is home to several species of animals and birds. Lahore Wildlife Park is a perfect getaway from the hustle bustle of the city.
In addition to this, Safari Park has a lake and aviaries that holds innumerable types of birds. Driving from Medical Town, Lahore Wildlife Park is on Safari Road, 11.3 kilometres away that takes about 20-25 minutes to reach.
Other parks that are closer to Medical Town are:
- Children Park at 50’ Road in Safari Block Sector B, Bahria Town – 23 minutes away
- Janiper Block Park in Sector C Janiper Block, Bahria Town – 21 minutes away
- Awais Qarni Park in Overseas Enclave Sector B, Bahria Town – 11.7 kilometres
- Bahria Orchard Family Park in Central District of Bahria Orchard – 6.6 kilometres
Salons and Spas NEAR MEDICAL TOWN, LAHORE
As a newly built locality, you might not find many salons nearby. However, for grooming and other beautification needs, residents of Medical Town Lahore can find ample salons and spas within 20 to 30 kilometres.
Some of these salons are:
- COSMO Salon for Men & Women in Block E, PIA Housing Scheme – Open 10:30am to 1am everyday
- Jugnu’s Bridal Salon and Studio in 415-F, Johar Town, Block F Phase 1 – Operates from 11am to 8pm Monday to Thursday and 12pm to 9pm Friday to Sunday
- Blade Hair Salon and Studio on 14L Abdul Haque Road, in Block L Phase 2 Johar Town – Operational hours are 11:30am to 10:30pm daily
- Nikkis Beauty Salon in Plot no. 940, Block C Faisal Town – Open from 11am to 8pm daily
Other than salons, you can find spas and massage centres near Medical Town as well. Maheen’s Bridal Salon and Spa, Wafa Gul Massage Centre and Aliza Massage Centre are some of the common massage centres in the area.
These salons and spas close by make it easier for the locals to book an appointment, get themselves ready, and look presentable when attending an important event.
Geographically, Medical Town is located in one of the most convenient locations. Being close to areas like Bahria Town, Jati Umrah, Valencia and Township it allows residents to freely move around and avail the various facilities and services.
Furthermore, the residents of Medical Town have the advantage to reach places like Model Town and Faisal Town in approximately 30 to 40 minutes based on the traffic situation. This helps residents explore various different restaurants, avail hospital services and access financial services on a daily basis.
THINGS TO CONSIDER
As a fairly new housing society, Medical Town does not have many houses or flats available for sale as of now. This area has various plots available for sale so people who are looking for affordable housing options can buy area here and get construction started for their future home.
All amenities are available except gas supply, which is in the works and would be supplied in the upcoming months. Overall, Medical Town is a peaceful, safe and affordable location to invest.
Importance of Medical Town, Lahore from major locations nearby
- Raiwand Road is just 7 km away
- Less than 20 minutes away from Bahria Town
- Close to major housing schemes like Johar Town, Model Town and Faisal Town
- 5 minutes’ drive from Jati Umrah and Sharif Medical & Dental College
- Less than an hour away from the Gaddafi Stadium
- About 30 minutes away from the Allama Iqbal International Airport
- Fazaia Housing Scheme is 3.6 kilometres away