ABOUT OPF HOUSING SCHEME PESHAWAR
OPF Housing Scheme is a residential project by Overseas Pakistanis Foundation, a not-for-profit public sector organization related to Ministry of Overseas Pakistanis and Human Resource Development, Government of Pakistan. The OPF Housing Scheme was launched by the foundation in strategically significant locations of Islamabad, Lahore, Gujrat, Peshawar, Dadu, Larkana and Mirpur of Azad Jammu and Kashmir.
Situated in the north-eastern part of Peshawar, OPF Housing Scheme Peshawar is stretched over an area of 991 kanals. The society is partially inhabited and partially under development as prospects of more people moving in increase.
The society lies on Budhni Road, which, through Peshawar Northern Bypass, is connected to M1 Motorway that in turn links Peshawar to Islamabad and all the cities that come in between. Peshawar Northern Bypass in itself holds immense importance as it bridges the gap between Khyber Agency and Mohmand Agency, enhancing the connectivity throughout the province of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa. The road also connects OPF Housing Scheme Peshawar to Charsadda Road, another very important thoroughfare running across the city and beyond.
That’s not about it. M1 Motorway connects OPF Housing Scheme Peshawar to the Grand Trunk Road and Peshawar Ring Road – two major thoroughfares of the city. On the other hand, Peshawar Northern Bypass opens OPF Housing Scheme Peshawar’s passage to Dilazak Road, a hub of commercial activities in the city.
All these intersections make OPF Housing Scheme Peshawar a very well connected society despite being away from the heart of the city.
By virtue of its location and infrastructure of the society, OPF Housing Scheme Peshawar is one of the poshest residential colonies in Peshawar.
The builders of the society aspire to develop a world of its own inside the premises by developing schools, mosques, parks and commercial areas in OPF Housing Scheme Peshawar.
All these existing and aspiring features of OPF Housing Scheme Peshawar reflect immensely and positively on the lucrative ROI the society posits.
AT A GLANCE
- Well connected to not only the major arteries of the city but to the national highway as well
- Ease of intercity commute
- Provision of all the basic amenities like electricity, water and gas
- Regular maintenance of roads and other infrastructure
- Development of schools and other facilities inside the premises
- One of the poshest residential societies in Peshawar
- A society with a boundary wall to ensure a peaceful environment and robust security
FACILITIES, SCHOOLS AND HEALTHCARE
Public Transport near OPF Housing Scheme Peshawar
Ease of commute is one of the most basic things that people look for before making any real estate deal. Rightly so, because the privilege of having major transportation points in the vicinity is nothing less than a blessing. Not only does it save you a lot of time but your energy as well.
In the case of Peshawar, the integrated transit system is still in its development phases. Usually called Peshawar Bus Rapid Transit (BRT) or TransPeshawar, the megaproject gets its funding from Asian Development Bank (ADB). The bus routes of Peshawar BRT will further be integrated into a Feeder Bus route system, as been done in Multan. This is to ensure the availability of affordable and convenient transportation across every corner of the city. The transit system will host 131 stations with 100 being dedicated to Feeder buses and the rest being used to board passengers on Peshawar BRT.
That said, till the time the city-wide public transport facility gets launched, the locals depend on vans, coaches, rickshaws, personal vehicles and even ride-hailing apps to move from one place to another.
Although OPF Housing Scheme Peshawar is located far from the madness of the city, this position will not deprive the present and the future dwellers of any convenience that comes with having bus stops at a walking distance from home.
The bus stop that is available at the shortest distance from the OPF Housing Scheme is Wadpagga Stand. Lying on the outskirts of Peshawar, the bus stand is located near Peshawar Northern Bypass and it takes 24 minutes of walk from the OPF Housing Scheme to reach the stop. Here, you can hop on a taxi, rickshaw or a coach until the next bus stop crosses your path.
Along the Grand Trunk Road, there is not one but at least 15 bus stops to carry people to and fro on the road. Out of these, Kabal Bus Station is just 4 km of walk away OPF Housing Scheme Peshawar.
Apart from that, other options for intracity travelling that you can avail while living in OPF Housing Scheme Peshawar include vans, coaches, rickshaws and ride-hailing apps.
Now, as far as intercity travelling is concerned, if you are choosing to travel by air then the Peshawar International Airport is almost half an hour away from the OPF Housing Scheme Peshawar that is based on Budhni Road.
Peshawar City Railway Station is about a 20-minute drive from the OPF Housing Scheme Peshawar and can be reached without any hassle via Dilazak Road.
If you are planning to travel by road, then either you can drive your personal vehicle via M1 motorway or simply take a bus from the Daewoo Bus Terminal that is located on the Grand Trunk Road. You can easily reach the terminal through Peshawar Ring Road in less than 15 minutes’ drive.
Markets near OPF Housing Scheme Peshawar
If there is one thing that Peshawar can never get wrong, it is the availability of affordable markets nearby. The city is dotted with decades and centuries-old bazaars that sell all kinds of goods at comparatively low prices. Some of these markets are also available in proximity to OPF Housing Scheme Peshawar.
- Situated 7 km away from OPF Housing Scheme Peshawar, Ata Bazar can be found on Rampura Road, Hashtnagri Peshawar. It is a wholesale market that is considerably very famous for its flour.
- Jhanda Bazar in Karimpura Bazar is nestled in the old walled city called Hashtnagri, Peshawar. This market is so old and precious that it has become more of a tourist sensation now. Clothes for men and women, jewellery, and groceries can be seen being sold here at a very economical price. OPF Housing Scheme Peshawar is roughly a 7 km drive away.
- Qissa Khawani Bazar in Mohallah Baqir Shah has indeed become an identity of Peshawar all over the country and beyond. There, you will get to see South Asian colonial-style shops selling traditional clothes adorning Afghan and Pakhtun mirror and handwork. The Qissa Khawani Bazar offers quality clothes at reasonable prices. This is why people from nearby cities like Islamabad, especially travel to Peshawar to shop for a wedding from this market. OPF Housing Scheme Peshawar is just a 22-minute drive away from Qissa Khawani.
- Almost 9 km drive from OPF Housing Scheme Peshawar via Soekarno Road, Khyber Bazar on Railway Road in Pipal Mandi is a huge electrical appliances market. From LED TV and watches to cell phones and washing machines, you name it and the Khyber Bazar has it. Medical equipment, car tools, and repairmen services also make up for a big chunk of Khyber Bazar’s offerings.
- Shuba Bazar for automobile parts, Jahangirpura Bazar for customized Peshawari footwear, Meena Bazar in Sikander Town, and the food street of Golden Juice Bazar are all less than 25 minutes of drive from OPF Housing Scheme Peshawar.
As far as a general store is concerned, there is one named Salman Super Store on the same Budhni Road at 15 minutes of walk from the OPF Housing Scheme Peshawar. Here you can find grocery.
A pharmacy named Medicine Plus is also situated on the same road as the OPF Housing Scheme Peshawar at 7 minutes of walk.
Mosques in and near OPF Housing Scheme Peshawar
Needless to say, having a place of worship of your religion nearby comes off as a big motivation to pray. Also, on Fridays, when there are more chances of getting stuck in traffic and getting late to the congregational prayer, being able to reach a mosque in less than 5 minutes is nothing less than a feat. This is why before making any real estate deal one must look for the minimum distance between the residence and nearby mosque.
Gratefully, OPF Housing Scheme Peshawar has not one but at least twenty mosques pinned in its neighbourhood. In fact, there is one inside the premises of the society as well. Here’s an account of how these mosques are spread across the vicinity of OPF Housing Scheme Peshawar.
- The towns lining Peshawar Ring Road all the way from the Dilazak-Ring Road intersection to the point where Ring Road crosses the Grand Trunk Road boast several mosques named Jamia Masjid Muhammadi, Masjid Rehman, Tauheed Masjid, Bilal Masjid, Jamia Masjid Abdul Shakoor, Shaheed Masjid, Masjid e Usman Ghani, Masjid Al Farooq, Masjid Abu Bakr Siddique, and Fazal Masjid. All these mosques are 14 to 17 minutes’ drive away from the OPF Housing Scheme Peshawar.
- 5 km away from OPF Housing Scheme Peshawar, at Peshawar Northern Bypass, you will come across a mystic’s shrine along with a mosque named Ahle-Sunnat.
- Madina Masjid and Jamia Masjid on Dilazak Road also make up for good options to pray at. Both the mosques are roughly 3 km from the society.
- Masjid e Mustafa of New City Homes Peshawar, Masjid Ahmad Jul at M1 Motorway, and Bilal Mosque of Budai Village are up to 10 minutes’ drive away from OPF Housing Scheme.
Having said that Peshawar’s most famous mosques also hold proximity to OPF Housing Scheme. These include:
- Masjid Mahabat Khan is one of the most historic mosques in Peshawar that is thronged by tourists as well. The mosque was built in the 17th Century during Mughal Era and was named after the then Mughal Governor of Peshawar, Nawab Mahabat Khan bin Ali Mardan Khan. The mosque dons white exterior design of the royal times and has a spacious praying area that looks surreal, to say the least. Masjid Mahabat Khan is just 20 minutes of drive from OPF Housing Scheme Peshawar if you choose to go via the Grand
- Located in Qissa Khawani Bazaar of Mohallah Baqir Shah, Masjid Qasim Ali Khan is another mosque of the same era. Built under Aurangzeb’s reign, the mosque was named after the then administrator of Kabul. Qasim Ali Khan Mosque is not about grandeur, its about the remnants of the past that are reflected in the minarets of the mosque. You can reach the mosque in less than 25 minutes on a car.
- Almost 11 km away via Grand Trunk Road, Sunehri Masjid in Peshawar Cantonment is another work of art that the ancestors of the region left for us to cherish. The word Sunehri means Golden in English and that is exactly how the mosque looks at night. Majestic in all its ways, Sunehri Masjid is visited by hundreds of people every day.
Schools, Colleges And Universities near OPF Housing Scheme Peshawar
One must take into consideration the kind of educational institutes that are located within the vicinity of any residential project. Accessibility to well-reputed schools and colleges weighs heavily on any real estate decision.
If you are considering OPF Housing Scheme Peshawar for living, then you will be glad to know that society is surrounded by several schools and colleges. Names of some of these institutes along with their proximity to OPF Housing Scheme Peshawar are given below.
- Madina International School and Hostel, located on Rano Gari Road down the Grand Trunk Road, is 6 minutes of drive from the society. The school has separate sections for girls and boys and spoken Arabic is a big part of the curriculum. The grading system comprises classes from prep to matric. Orphans are exempt from tuition and hostel fee as per the policy of the Madina International School.
- There are three government schools within the vicinity as well. Government Primary School Sardargarhi, Govt. Girls Middle School Sarbulandpura and Government High School Sardargarhi are up to 15 minutes’ drive away from OPF Housing Scheme Peshawar.
- Peshawar Model School Boys 4 Dilazak Road, Forward Public School Dilazak Road, Islamia Public High School and College Peshawar Ring Road, Hudaibia Model School Gulbahar, Pakistan International Public School Sarbulandpura, Sir Syed Public School Gulbahar, Hira High Scool Chamkani, and Ittefaq Model School and College for Girls Chamkani also make up for trusted schools located nearby OPF Housing Scheme.
- The Knowledge School Network, a popular countrywide school chain by the Insititute of Leadership and Management (ILM) Trust, has a branch in the neighbourhood of the society as well. Situated near Jans Shopping Arcade in Gulbahar, the Knowledge School Senio Campus consists of classes from 6th to 10th. The school is famous for emphasizing on Science, Technology, Engineering and Math (STEM) subjects.
- Allied Schools is one of the largest secondary school chain that runs across the country. The network has an Allied School Chamkani campus almost 3 km away from OPF Housing Scheme Peshawar. Kids Expo is an interesting activity held at the school. Allied Schools has another branch near the society, based at 18 minutes of drive in Gulbahar.
- Popular schools offering Cambridge education system are also present in the vicinity of OPF Housing Scheme Peshawar at up to 13 km of a drive. These include the Educators Ring Road Campus by Beaconhouse, Abasyn University School and College Gulbahar and the City School Warsak Road.
OPF Housing Scheme Peshawar has a wide range of colleges, both government and private, established close by.
- Dilazak Road hosts Government Degree College Wadpagga, Peshawar Model Degree College for boys, Peshawar Model Degree College for girls, the Brilliant College Peshawar Campus II and the Muslim School & College City Campus. All these institutes are almost 12 to 13 minutes of drive away.
- Jinnah International Model School and College for Girls near Peshawar Ring Road is also a nearby option if you are looking for an all-girls campus.
- Government Polytechnic Institute, 5 minutes’ drive away at Rano Gari Road, is one of its kind. The college offers technical and vocational education to hone the skills of the youngsters.
- Government College Peshawar and Central Science Degree College in Faqir Abad, the City College of Arts and Science and Leeds College of Science and Arts in Zaryab Colony, and Government City Girls College Gulbahar are present at 8.5 km tops from OPF Housing Scheme Peshawar.
It is very important to mention here that OPF Housing Society also boasts some prestigious undergraduate and post-graduate schools.
- Within walking distance of 9 minutes from the centre of the society, Institute of Paramedical Science Khyber Medical University is situated. As the name explains, the institute is affiliated with the Khyber Medical University and for now, offers an undergraduate degree in paramedics.
- Located in OPF Housing Scheme Peshawar, Zulfiqar Ali Bhutto Postgraduate Paramedical Institute is a government university that has programs as advanced as post-graduation in paramedics. The expertise includes anaesthesia, cardiology, dental procedures, gastroenterology, ophthalmology, pathology, pharmacy, physiotherapy, pulmonology, radiology and surgery.
- City University of Science and Information Technology is one of the biggest universities in Peshawar. The varsity has programs from undergraduate to postgraduate with degrees available in health sciences, architecture, civil engineering English, computer science, mathematics, management sciences, education, and electrical engineering. CUSIT is located on Dilazak Road and is just 10 minutes’ drive away from OPF Housing Scheme Peshawar.
- Razi Institute of Medical Sciences on Dilazak Road is another medical college that conducts bachelors in medical laboratory technology along with a two-year diploma in anaesthesia technology, cardiac technology, health technology and pharmacy technology.
- Abasyn University on Peshawar Ring Road is Peshawar’s number 1 ranked private university that departs professional education starting from undergrad to PhD level. The faculties include computer science, civil engineering, electrical engineering, management sciences, pharmacy, life sciences, education, technology, governance and public policy, mathematical and statistical sciences. The varsity is only 5 km away.
- Frontier College for Women and University, Hashtnagri is a 19-minute drive from OPF Housing Scheme Peshawar. The university has a bachelor program in the faculty of botany, chemistry, computer science, economics, English, environmental studies, geography, health and physical education, history, home economics, Islamiyat, law, mathematics,Pakistan studies, Pashto language, philosophy, physics, political science, psychology, statistics, Urdu language, and zoology.
- Located on Dilazak Road, offering diploma in electrical and civil engineering, and a bachelor of science in electrical engineering, Peshawar College of Engineering is just 4 km away.
- PIMS (Peshawar Institute of Modern Sciences) College System, Gulbahar Road sits at a 16-minute drive only. The institute rolls out diploma, bachelors and masters degree in business administration and commerce. Hostel and transport facility is also available here.
- From Capital College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences Charsadda Road, you can get a two-year pharmacy technician degree.
- Almost 10 km away from OPF Housing Scheme Peshawar, on Charsadda Road, Shaheed Benazir Bhutto Women University is based. The institute runs bachelors to PhD level program in the department of numerical and physical sciences, life sciences, social sciences, arts and humanities, and management sciences.
- Sarhad University of Science and Information Technology of Hayatabad can be reached in less than 25 minutes of drive.
Banks near OPF Housing Scheme Peshawar
OPF Housing Scheme Peshawar has almost all major banks in the vicinity. Here’s a layout of where they are positioned on the map.
- The Bank of Khyber, Chamkani Branch near the Grand Trunk Road is just a 9-minute drive from the society.
- Head a few miles on the Grand Trunk Road in the direction of the middle of the city and you will come across Zarai Taraqiati Bank Ltd. From there on, you will see Askari Bank Ltd. Islamic Banking, MCB, Bank Alfalah, Allied Bank Ltd, Summit Bank ATM, JS Bank, National Bank of Pakistan, and Habib Bank at irregular intervals of really short distances.
- Dilazak Road also houses numerous banks near OPF society. The names include Allied Bank, the Bank of Khyber, Habib Bank Ltd., Meezan Bank, Bank al Islami, Askari Bank, Faysal Bank Ltd., MCB Ltd., Bank Al Habib, United Bank Limited, and Bank Alfalah. All these branches are 13 to 23 minutes’ drive away from OPF Housing Scheme Peshawar.
- A branch of National Bank of Pakistan is also located near Dilazak Chowk, Peshawar Ring Road at a distance of 5.5 km.
Clinics and Hospitals near OPF Housing Scheme Peshawar
There are at least twenty clinics that surround OPF Housing Scheme Peshawar so that you can access a medical facility as soon as possible in case of any emergency.
- Haseeb Health Clinic and Dr Inam Clinic in Abdul Khel, and Rokhan Shah Clinic of Sardargarhi are all less than 8 minutes’ drive from the society.
- Khalil Health Clinic and Mahnoor Health Clinic in Chamkani are also good nearby options if you are in any urgency.
- Meanwhile the Dilazak Road carries Impress Dental Clinic, Dr Fayaz Clinic, Imad Clinic, and New Life Homeo Care Clinic up to a 20-minute drive.
- Along the Peshawar Ring Road, from Dilazak Chowk to the point of intersection between Peshawar Ring Road and Phandu Road, there is Dr. Abdullah Clinic near Rehman Masjid Momin Town, Safia Imran Zacha Bacha Clinic and Al Shifa Health Clinic and Maternity Home in Sethi Town, Dr Ali Clinic, Shabnum Clinic, Dr. Laila Clinic, Zubair Medical Clinic in Gulbahar, and Dr. Naseer Clinic Shaheen Muslim Town. The distance varies from 11 to 19 minutes of drive.
Other than the aforementioned clinics, there are several well-trusted hospitals found in proximity to the OPF Housing Scheme Peshawar. These shall comprise both public and private health facilities.
- Jinnah Teaching Hospital at M1 Motorway/Islamabad-Peshawar Road has 250 beds for the patients. The hospital is only 2 km away and has outpatient and inpatient consultancy services in the department of intensive care, general surgery, general medicine, obstetrics and gynaecology, ENT, ophthalmology, orthopaedics, cardiology, pulmonology, trauma, radiology, pathology and operation theatres
- The Lady Reading Hospital is not only Peshawar’s but the whole province’s biggest healthcare facility. The hospital is situated at a very historical place on Soekarno Road, having places like Qilla Bala Hissar, Qissa Khawani Bazar, Masjid Mahabat Khan, and Khyber Bazar in its proximity. It takes a drive of mere 20 minutes via the Grand Trunk Road to reach the hospital from OPF Housing Scheme Peshawar. The hospital was established in 1924 after tireless efforts of Lady Reading, the wife of Viceroy of India, Lord Reading (1921-1926) This is the reason why the hospital is named Lady Reading Hospital. Tow other names used to refer to the hospital are Loye Huspatal and Gernali Huspatal. Today, the hospital gets to give tertiary care to thousands of emergency cases on a daily basis. With 1751 beds, the Lady Reading Hospital remains opened 24/7 and has 30 departments that include cardiology, paediatrics, dermatology, endocrinology, gastroenterology, general medicine, nephrology, neurology, pulmonology, rheumatology, psychiatry, general surgery, peads surgery, urology, gynaecology, ophthalmology, orthopedics, neurosurgery, ENT, physiotherapy and rehabilitation, radiology, anesthesiology, pathology, intensive care, maxillofacial surgery, burn and plastic surgery, cardiothoracic, cardiovascular, pharmacy, and peads cardio-vascular. Lady Reading Hospital provides free medicines during any emergency case that is admitted in the hospital.
- The Prime Hospital Complex on Warsak Road is almost 12 km away from OPF Housing Scheme Peshawar. The hospital is commonly called Prime Teaching Hospital among the locals. Open 24/7 to cater to the medical emergencies of the citizens of the city, the hospital houses the latest technology to treat both in-patient and out-patient cases. Diagnostic services and a pharmacy is also available in the hospital. The departments here entail general medicine, haematology/gastroenterology, general and laparoscopic surgery, neurology, ophthalmology, gynaecology, cardiology, pulmonology, psychiatry, dentistry and radiology.
- MMC General Hospital stands for Maqsood Medical Complex and General Hospital. Located in Shinwari Town, the hospital can be reached within 15 minutes’ drive from OPF Housing Scheme Peshawar. Established in December of 2015, MMC General Hospital is a leading private medical facility that operates at such a huge level. Housing 200 beds and catering both inpatient and outpatient cases, the founders of MMC General Hospital take great pride in the expertise of its doctors and advanced technology used in the hospital to provide the finest healthcare in the town. There are numerous facilities offered by the hospital but the major ones comprise 24/ emergency ward, 6 operation theatres, a radiology and pathology laboratory where you can find 16 slice CT scan, X-ray, and ultrasound, a pharmacy and ambulance service as well. MMC General Hospital has seasoned practitioners both in consultation and surgery. The departments in which the hospital deals are general medicine, surgery, orthopaedics, obstetrics and gynaecology, urology, ophthalmology, dentistry, physiotherapy and paediatrics. MMC General Hospital recently started medical procedures like dialysis. Social healthcare programs are also supported by the hospital.
- Souvenir General Hospital ( SGH ) on Dilazak Road is just 16 minutes of drive away.
- Fauji Foundation is a big name in welfare. The organization has hospitals all over the country. These hospitals are categorized as A, B,C and D. The one that is located on Hussain Abbas Shaheed Road in Peshawar Cantonment at a distance of 12 km from OPF Housing Scheme Peshawar belongs to Category B. The hospital houses more than 170 beds and sees an influx of thousands of in-patient cases and lacs of outpatient cases on an average in a year. Fauji Foundation Hospital Peshawar was founded in 1982 and since then the hospital management and services have been improved to a great extent. Today, the hospital offers medical care in the department of general medicine, surgery, ophthalmology, ENT, gynaecology, cardiology, paediatrics, dermatology, orthopaedics, dentistry, radiology, pathology, anesthesiology, psychology, psychiatry, and physiotherapy.
- Roughly 5 km away. Muhammad Teaching Hospital Chughal Pura Peshawar is available 24 hours for any medical emergency.
- Ibadat Hospital Nishtarabad of Gulbahar is Peshawar’s noted mental health facility. Therapy for depression and anxiety, couple’s counselling and treatment of other psychological disorders make up for the services of this hospital. Ibadat Hospital is a 16-minute drive from OPF Housing Scheme.
- Moulvi Ameer Shah Hospital at the Grand Trunk Road, near Shahi Bagh, is dedicated to maternal and pediatric healthcare while the Mission Hospital Dubgari Road is a not-for-profit medical facility providing inpatient and outpatient services.
- A few metres away from the Mission Hospital Dubgari Road, you will find Habib Medical Complex, Khyber Medical Centre, Khattak Medical Centre and Hospital, Children Medical Centre, and Said Anwar Medical Centre in less than 25 minutes of drive.
- Irfan General Hospital at Charsadda Road is roughly a 20-minute drive. The area of expertise of the doctors here includes neurosurgery, cardiology, orthopaedic surgery, ENT, ophthalmology, pediatric surgery, endocrinology, pathology, plastic surgery, urology, cardiology, radiology, gynaecology, and general and laparoscopic surgery.
- Cantonment General Hospital on Sunehri Masjid Road, Peshawar Cantonment is an 11 km drive from the society. The hospital provides healthcare-related to general medicine, gynaecology and obstetrics, dentistry, paediatrics, intensive care, general surgery, radiology and pathology.
PROPERTIES IN OPF HOUSING SCHEME PESHAWAR
OPF Housing Scheme Peshawar is still to see a boom in the number of residents. This is the reason why the housing society has a great number of plots up for sale. Please keep in mind that all the prices given below are subject to change with time and fluctuation in the market.
Sales Price Trends in OPF Housing Scheme Peshawar
Plots for Sale in OPF Housing Scheme Peshawar
There are several plots up for sale in OPF Scheme. The price of a 10-marla plot in OPF Housing Scheme Peshawar starts at PKR 95 lakh and goes as high as PKR 1.5 crore.
Rental Price Trends in OPF Housing Scheme Peshawar
Houses for Rent in OPF Housing Scheme Peshawar
A 5 marla house in OPF Housing Society can be rented for PKR 20 thousand, payable each month.
SHOPPING, RESTAURANTS, AND BAKERIES
Malls near OPF Housing Scheme Peshawar
The mall culture in Peshawar is on the rise. With the development of new urban shopping centres, one can expect the city to have a bigger share of plazas. For now, there are enough shopping arcades in Peshawar and near OPF Housing Scheme Peshawar to cater to the residents’ needs.
- Dulhan Clothes House is located on a busy avenue down the Dilazak Road in Abdul-Raheema. As the name suggests, this should be your go-to place if you are shopping for a wedding.
- 20 minutes of drive away, the Great Wall Shopping Mall at Dilazak Road is one of those malls near OPF Housing society where you can find every type of shoes.
- At a 6 km drive from OPF Housing Scheme Peshawar to Sethi Town, a mall named New Khyber Market is present to help you check-off your shopping list. A few miles away from there, Hilal Cosmetics and Artificial Jewellery shop in Sarbulandpura is a great shop-stop, especially for ladies. Here you can buy everything related to personal care.
- Peshawar’s grandest mall, Deans Trade Centre or Deans Shopping Mall is a 23-minute drive to Saddar Road. From clothes for men, women and children to furniture, there is not a single commodity that you won’t find here. People from all over the city visit the mall to get there hands on affordable yet quality products.
- Hyper Mall at Peshawar Ring Road is a one-stop-shop from where you can get everything of personal and home care. Groceries, beauty products, meat, vegetables and fruits, home-décor items, medicines, dry fruits, toys and general products. There is also a spacious parking lot and kids play area to make the experience of shopping at Hyper Mall more convenient.
- Situated close by each other at University Road, almost 15 km away from OPF Housing Scheme, Marina Mall and City Towers await your visit. While the former is known for boasting UK skincare and garment products, City Towers has almost all the popular national and local clothing, shoes and make-up brands. Dunkin Donuts is also located within the premises of City Towers to help you fight hunger pangs.
- LA Towers that stands for Landi Arbab Towers is a project that is yet to be launched at Peshawar Ring Road. Already being hailed for its phenomenal architecture, the towers will host a shopping mall as well once it gets launched. LA Towers is expected to attract big Pakistani and international brands due to its prime location and unmatched infrastructure.
- Other than these shopping arcades, you can shop from your favourite Pakistani brands like Junaid Jamshed, Generations and ECS, located on University Road in less than half an hour drive from OPF Housing Scheme Peshawar.
Restaurants and Bakeries near OPF Housing Scheme Peshawar
OPF Housing Scheme is a foodies’ dreamland for the society has umpteen number of restaurants within the vicinity. What is even more interesting is the fact that these eateries have both fast-food and traditional Pakistani cuisine. Starting off with the former, here is a list of restaurants near OPF Housing Scheme that you must visit to gorge on your favourite convenience food.
- New Italian Pizza at Dilazak is the nearest pizza joint that is just 18 minutes of drive away from OPF Housing Scheme Peshawar.
- Burger Cottage has a special Pakistani take on burgers and pizza to offer on its menu. At an 8 km drive, in Zaryab Colony, the restaurant has some very uniques items such as fish shawarma. If you are in a mood of treating yourself and your loved ones without having to empty your wallet then Burger Cottage is the place to be.
- Worldwide popular, McDonald’s has a branch in Peshawar at Sher Khan Road. You can reach the place in a 23-minute drive via the Grand Trunk Road. McDonald’s signature burgers and fries are the reason why people, especially kids, love it.
- A few miles away from McDonald’s, Pizza Hut and the Second Cup Café are stationed in the Army Food Court on Shami Road. Roughly a 10 km drive from OPF Peshawar, both franchises are part of renowned food chains.
- You can gorge on crispy chicken and wholesome burgers at KFC and Hardee’s. Both the eateries are located on the Grand Trunk Road with a distance of 13 km tops from the society.
- Food District on Saddar Road, Peshawar Cantonment is another attraction for the foodies. The place offers both burgers and roll parathas – a perfect mix of Pakistani and non-Pakistani fast-food.
When we talk about desi food in Peshawar, rich and dense meaty dishes come to one’s mind. From foreign food vloggers to Pakistani critics, everyone refers to the food landscape in Peshawar as the ultimate Tomorrowland for meat lovers.
- The whole belt of Peshawar Ring Road, from the point it intersect Dilazak Road to the point it meets the Grand Trunk Road, is loaded with desi joints. These restaurants, mostly Dhaba style, are known for serving piping hot Haleem, fish fry, bbq mutton, beef and chicken, sheep karahi and much more.
- Located at a 10-minute drive on the Grand Trunk Road, Al-Khyber Hotel and Restaurant is although a little roadside affair but the place enjoys great reviews by the customers, especially regarding its Kabuli Pulao and fried fish.
- Mohmand Insaf Hotel is another famous highway restaurant on the Grand Trunk Road. People from far-flung areas come to this place just to have Sajji, Rosh, Kabuli Pulao, and Mutton Karahi. Mohmand Insaf Hotel can easily be reached within 10 minutes of drive. A restaurant named Jan Syed Kabab House is located on the Grand Trunk Road as well for the people to taste Peshawari cuisines when moving in and out of the society.
- One restaurant that is famous worldwide for serving authentic food of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa is Nisar Charsi Tikka Shish Mahal that is located 9 km away at the Namak Mandi Road. The eatery has a wide variety of meat dishes and among those Tikka Karahi is one of their best. The prices are nominal and the quality of the food served is to the standard. The open-air seating arrangement of the restaurant is another attraction. A big score of families throngs the eatery every day to enjoy pure KP food.
OPF Housing Scheme Peshawar has a plethora of bakeries located in the neighbourhood. A majority of these bakeries lie on the Dilazak Road with the farthest being a 17-minute drive. Some of the popular ones situated here are Khanpur Sweets and Bakers, Al-Hamra Bakers, and Salman Bakers.
On the Grand Trunk Road, you can find the New Khanpur Bakery that is just 10 minutes of drive away from OPF Housing Scheme Peshawar.
Ronaq Sweets and Bakers at Peshawar Ring Road and Star Bakery of Gulbahar are also good options if you want to consume baked items and desserts.
Located on Eidgah Road in Zaryab Colony, Moti Mahal Sweets and Bakers is one of the most liked bakeries in Peshawar. This too can be easily reached within a 20-minute drive from OPF Peshawar. The bakery is famous for its sandwiches, chicken broast and cakes. Positioned a few streets away from Moti Mahal Sweets and Bakers is Al-Farooq Bakers at Faqeerabad Road. Their milky bread is one of the most scrumptious in the town.
Salman Sweets at Shali Koban Road is another big bakery that hosts a wide variety of sweet and salty items. The bakery also has a sitting area and milkshakes, faluda, and pizzas of the bakery are loved by many. Suleman Bakery of Namak Mandi is a good place to buy baked items as well.
Pak Bakers and Jan’s Baker in Peshawar Cantonment are 26 to 29 minutes’ drive away from OPF Housing Scheme Peshawar. Both the bakeries are considered to be the best in the city.
OUTDOOR ACTIVITIES, FITNESS AND BEAUTY
Sports Facilities and Fitness Centres near OPF Housing Scheme Peshawar
With such scrumptious food available around the society, it is only fair that there are equally good fitness centres located nearby to burn those extra calories. OPF Housing Scheme Peshawar has a number of gyms in its vicinity.
- Tiger Fitness Gym at Dilazak Road is almost a 3 km walk from the residential society. The gym is equipped with latest machines and has professional trainers to guide you through your fitness regime.
- A kilometre of walk further on the same Dilazak Road and Eagle Gym is located to help you stay fit.
- City Power Gym in New City Homes near the Grand Trunk Road is at a 12-minute drive from OPF Peshawar.
- Power Gym in Sethi Town is roughly a 6 km drive from OPF Housing Scheme Peshawar. Here you will find the latest equipment and trainers that are extra careful of your fitness needs. The timings of the gym are from 2 pm to 10 pm.
- Gold Standard Gym in Gulbahar is 17 minutes of drive away from OPF Housing Scheme Peshawar. The facility takes both male and female members and is open 6 days a week, from 7 am to 6 pm.
- GRC Gym near Fort Road in Peshawar Cantonment is another gym for men and women. The facility is roughly 11 km away from OPF Peshawar and remains open seven days a week, from 3 am to 9 pm.
- Other renowned fitness centres include Defence Gym and Martial Arts at Sajjad Road, Club W Fitness Gym for Ladies and Gents at Old Bara Road, Shapes Gym in Hassan Ghari, Qayyum Sports Complex in Peshawar Cantonment, and Life Fitness Gym of Bilor Town. All these gyms are up to 16 km drive from OPF Housing Scheme.
Parks near OPF Housing Scheme Peshawar
Peshawar has a big score of parks and playing grounds, present all over the city. OPF Housing Scheme Peshawar is also surrounded by many such recreational centres. Here is a round-up of how these playgrounds are spread across the neighbourhood.
- Lining Peshawar Ring Road, Walking Park Peshawar is roughly a 3 km walk from OPF Peshawar. The park is famous for its long jogging track.
- Shuhda APS Park in Gulbahar is named so to honor the APS martyrs. It is a small park with a few swings which is easily accessible within a 16-minute drive. That said, the environment is peaceful and soothing and so, you should rush to this park for relaxation.
- Located near the Grand Trunk, Chacha Younis Park is an amusement park that is named after a local social worker. The park is among the most popular recreational places in Peshawar.
- Opposite the famous Qilla Bala Hisar, a triangular-shaped green ground named Jinnah Park is situated on the Grand Trunk Road. Known as Cunningham Park in the pre-independence era, this is the same place where a referendum was held under the British rule to decide which side of the border Peshawar wants to be a part of. Now, a digital fountain is the biggest attraction of the park. Jinnah Park is just 9 km of drive away from OPF Housing Scheme Peshawar via the Grand Trunk Road.
- City Amusement Park near Peshawar Ring Road is no more than 14 minutes of drive from OPF Housing Scheme Peshawar.
- Shahi Bagh is located on its namesake road and sits almost 8 km away from the society. The park was built by the Mughals during their rule in India and the domed shades and pathways lined by fountains on both sides are a testament of this fact. The park has been a centre of political activities, a safe haven for students to study in peace and a place of recreational activities for families. Shalimar Garden and Arbab Niaz Cricket Stadium also come under the wing of Shahi Bagh.
- Other popular parks present in the proximity of 12 km to OPF Housing Scheme Peshawar include Wazir Bagh, Khalid Bin Waleed Park, Rahim Park, PESCO Park, Cantonment Park Shami Road, Sher Khan Shaheed Park, Garrison Park Peshawar, and Cantonment Board Defence Officers Colony Park.
Salons and Spas near OPF Housing Scheme Peshawar
OPF Housing Scheme Peshawar has several beauty parlours around it. These comprise both small businesses and big franchises.
Gulbahar that is 15 minutes of drive from OPF Housing Scheme Peshawar is swarmed with salons. Shiner’z Beauty Lounge, Awan’s Beauty Zone, Singhar Beauty Salon and Studio, Orbal’z Beauty Salon, Maham’s Beauty Parlour, and New Depilex Salon are located in Gulbahar at 14 to 17 minutes of drive.
Bellissimo Beauty Salon by Hira Khan is located on Dilazak Road. The salon is famous for its luxurious interior, super fine services and professional attitude of the service providers. Hair makeovers are the reason why people from all over the city visit this beauty parlour. Bellissimo Beauty Salon is just 20 minutes’ drive away from OPF Housing Scheme Peshawar.
At Chergo Kalay Road avenue down the Charsadda Road, Anmol Beauty Parlour and Training Centre and Golden Eyes Beauty Salon are present at up to 13 km drive. Riasat Beauty Salon & Ladies Gym in Police Colony near Charsadda Road is also a good option if you are looking for descent salons and spa near OPF Peshawar.
You can come across other beauty parlours at Chinar Road, University Town that is 16 km away from the society.
OPF Housing Scheme Peshawar organizes many events every year. Since it is a small and close community, the residents tend to meet and know each other a lot. As in the case of any other residential society, the residents of OPF Peshawar also come together to offer Eid congregation prayer twice a year. But that is not about it! The society members also celebrate different religious and national event at the community level to keep the spirit of neighbourhood alive.
- OPF Iftar Party: Members of the society meet at an Iftar party every year in Ramzan. People break the fast together and then proceed to consume some delicious food along with socializing with their fellow residents.
- OPF Independence Day Celebrations: Every 14th of August, administration of OPF Housing Scheme Peshawar organizes a celebration. Prior to the event, stalls are set up to sell 14th August badges, caps, bracelets and other accessories. On 14th August, the day starts off with a flag-raising ceremony and recital of the national anthem in the morning. Men, women and children come out of their houses to celebrate and take pictures with green decorations in society. The celebration ends with fireworks that are launched from within OPF Housing Scheme Peshawar. The whole society is painted with colours, music and joy on the eve of 14th August.
Located on Budhni Road, OPF Colony has Doranpur and Officers Housing Society on one side and Peshawar Northern Bypass on the other two. OPF Housing Scheme Peshawar is also positioned exceptionally close to Wadpagga, a growing scheme in Peshawar.
THINGS TO CONSIDER
Far from the madness of the city, OPF Housing Scheme Peshawar is a residential society that is not entirely populated yet. Regardless, all the basic amenities and all the major facilities are available in and near the society. Mosque, community centre, electricity, water and gas supply and a happening social life are the features that are present inside the boundary of OPF Housing Scheme Peshawar.
If we talk about the vicinity of OPF Housing Scheme Peshawar, you can find well trusted and popular facilities nearby, like Lady Reading Hospital, Allied School, CUSIT University, City Amusement Park and Qissa Khawani Bazar.
Moreover, OPF Housing Scheme Peshawar is although situated in the north-east part of Peshawar, the society is pretty well-connected to not only the rest of the city but numerous other cities as well. Being on Budhni Road, OPF Housing Scheme Peshawar is linked with M1 Motorway or Islamabad-Peshawar Motorway. This feature adds to the ease of intercity commute as well.
Other major arteries that OPF Housing Scheme Peshawar is connected to are Peshawar Ring Road, Peshawar Northern Bypass, the Grand Trunk Road and the Dilazak Road. These thoroughfares are a hub of numerous trade and commercial activities.
OPF Housing Scheme Peshawar is for people who want to settle down in a place that is free of any noise pollution of the main city, yet is not isolated from important locations. All these attributes of OPF Housing Scheme Peshawar make it a promising long-term and short-term investment opportunity.
Importance of OPF Housing Scheme Peshawar from major locations nearby
- M1 Motorway is almost 3 km away from OPF Housing Scheme Peshawar. It’s only a 10-minute drive from the project.
- Drive for 10 minutes towards Dilazak Road and you will find City University of Science and Information Technology (CUSIT).
- Peshawar City Railway Station is Peshawar’s main transit point for trains. People from all over the city come to this point if they are travelling to other cities via train. It’s nearly 20 minutes away from OPF.
- Peshawar’s oldest and biggest, Qissa Khawani Bazaar is little over 20 minutes away.
- The Lady Reading Hospital is the city’s well-trusted and leading hospital. The residents of OPF Housing Scheme Peshawar can easily reach this healthcare facility within 16 minutes.
- Peshawar Northern Bypass is just 3 minutes of drive away.
- Peshawar Ring Road is roughly 2 km away via Budhni Road, roughly a 5-minute drive.
- The Grand Trunk Road lies at a distance of a 10-minute drive.