ABOUT PECHS, Jamshed Town Karachi
Pakistan Employees Cooperative Housing Society or popularly known as PECHS, is a residential scheme that spreads on the eastern and western side of Shahrah-e-Faisal. It is a neighbourhood of Mehmoodabad and one of the 13 councils of Jamshed Town and hence it is legitimately known as PECHS, Jamshed Town Karachi.
Initially, this society was formed to provide shelter to middle-income group of people but for now, the properties in this society have gained popularity among the populace of K-Town so prices are pretty high, currently. This popularity could be a resultant of its connectivity to the posh localities of Karachi, counting DHA Defence Karachi and Clifton Karachi.
Moreover, some of the major commercial arteries such as Shahrah-E-Faisal, Sharah-e-Quaideen, Shaheed-e-Millat Road and Tariq Road are crossing across this society whereas some other popular boulevards such as Khalid Bin Walid Road, Sir Syed Road and Dr. Masood Hussain Road are also passing through this society.
There are a number of options for residential and commercial properties in P.E.C.H.S, depending on the needs of the buyer. Some of the prominent blocks of PECHS are Block 2, Block 3, and Block 6. On the same note, two main commercial markets of Karachi such as Tariq Road and Nursery Furniture Market are also existing in the vicinity of PECHS.
Similarly, PECHS is connected with the main commercial route of Shahrah-e-Faisal and many popular trade, offices and businesses of K-Town are flourishing in this part of the city, including the office of Zameen.com. On the other hand, two main cantonments such as Karachi Cantonment and Faisal Cantonment are the neighbouring areas of PECHS where the residents can easily access railway stations for travelling out of the city.
AT A GLANCE
- Abundant amenities
- Features K-Town’s biggest business centre such as Bahria Town Tower
- Home to many educational institutions
- Hosts Zameen.com regional office
- Parsi-Tower of Silence can be traced in Block 6
- Tariq Road Graveyard is situated in PECHS
- Quality lifestyle
- Wall of Edhi is pinned in this area
- Well-lined to Sharah-e-Faisal Road
FACILITIES, SCHOOLS AND HEALTHCARE
PUBLIC TRANSPORT IN PECHS, Jamshed Town Karachi
Most of the population of PECHS belongs to a working class group of people so finding a public transport from PECHS is not a thing to worry about. There’s a bunch of public buses that shuttle through the city and connect this society to many areas of K-Town without putting a hole in the pockets of the passengers. There are four main bus-stops in the vicinity including Nursery Bus Stop near nursery Furniture Market, PECHS and Laal Kothi Bus Stop. On the far end of this society, you can locate one additional bus stop near the Society Office on Sharah-e-Quaideen Service Road. Adding to that, the populace of PECHS can catch any of the below-mentioned buses depending on what’s their destination:
- A bus named “10” starts its journey from Nursery and makes a stop at PECHS then leads to Society Office, Jamshed Road, New Town Masjid, Municipal Dispensary, Guru Mandir, K.M.C Primary School, Old Exhibition, Plaza Cinema, Saeed Manzil, Boulton Market and Tower being the last stop.
- Second option includes “10-A” bus which follows a slightly different route beginning from Lal Kothi then pick passengers from Nursery, Shahrah-e-Millat Road, Jamaluddin Afghani Road and Khalid Bin Walid Road leading to P.E.C.H.S, Society Office, Kudadad Colony, M.A Jinnah Road, Frere Street, Preedy Street, Frere Road, Burns Road, Bunder Road and final destination becomes Tower.
- X-11 begins from Saeedabad and heads to Chandni Chowk, Dabba Colony, Swat Colony, Baldia Shershah, Gulbai, Agra Taj Colony, Tower, I.I Chundrigar Road, Shahrah-e-Liaquat, Regal, Preedy Street, Dr. Dawood Pota Road, Jutland Line and Abbysinia then it drops passengers at P.E.C.H.S and Society Bus Stop.
In addition, the main bus stop of Tariq Road is also pinned in this society. You can catch a myriad of buses and coaches from this stop but it is always wise to inquire the stops/destination by the bus conductor before getting on any of the vans.
For a convenient option, residents can book online cabs through app-based cab hailing services that offer a variety of vehicles and get picked from their door-steps within few minutes. Adding to that, regular cabs can also be taken from a taxi stand in KDA, just 4.2 kilometres away from PECHS. Moreover, the populace of PECHS also tends to hop-on regular rickshaws as they are found here and there easily.
MARKETS IN AND NEAR PECHS, Jamshed Town Karachi
The populace of PECHS, Jamshed Town is lucky to have many supermarkets and traditional markets nearby. There are plenty of options since residents have easy access to Char Minar Chowrangi (2.0 Kilometres away) via Shaheed-e-Millat Expressway. This vicinity is canopied by many popular hypermarkets of Karachi such as Naheed Supermarket, Zubeida’s (Home Store and Mother Shop) and Chase-Up Supermarket. Although Zubeida’s Store is the purveyor of household items, furniture, and baby-related items, so the rest of the markets are wall-to-wall with this store. You can visit these marts whether you’re out of milk or you have to run errands. Similarly, you can find anything from the range of eatable and wearable commodities in these stores conveniently as many national and international brands are displaying their products in these multiple-storeyed markets.
Likewise, just 1-minute away from this Chowrangi you will find one of the Karachi’s best hypermarkets, Imtiaz Super Market. Other than here, one branch of this superstore is also functioning within the vicinity of P.E.C.H.S, just 2-minutes away from Tariq Road bus stop. This market can be visited as an alternative. On the same note, this area is also popularly known as Bahadurabad Market where you can find adequate greengrocers selling fresh vegetables and fruits, meat shops and grocery shops.
Some other popular markets in PECHS are:
- Nursery Furniture Market is situated near Nursery Bus Stop. This market has a bunch of furniture shops selling modern and classic furniture, electronic shops and interior shops. You can find a number of other shops, banks, and cafés in this vicinity as well.
- E Market is no more than 240-metres away from Laal Kothi Bus Stop. This market serves for household and construction essentials such as PVC pipes, furniture, wall-paint, and other products of such sort.
MOSQUES AND CHURCHES IN AND NEAR PECHS, Jamshed Town Karachi
The dwellers of PECHS can head to Jamia Masjid Rehmania for fulfilling their religious duties. It is one of the most popular mosques of the vicinity just beside society’s graveyard. It takes no more than 15-minutes to reach to this mosque from any part of the area. This masjid has a number of other facilities as well such as parking space, religious school (madrassah), filtered water and a library equipped with religious books.
There are numerous other mosques in the vicinity but we have mentioned some of the popular ones with their exact location and commute time, for your convenience:
- Madina Masjid is located in PECHS BLOCK 2 near Dubai Shopping Mall on Tariq Road. This three-storeyed mosque is situated amidst the busy streets of Tariq Road but, it remains clean and maintained at all times. You can visit this masjid for regular prayers as well as for Jummah Prayers.
- Ghazi Muhammad Bin Qasim Masjid and Masjid e Ghousia are 1.2kilometres away from each other. Residents can reach to any one of them for regular as well as special prayers, within 6-minutes’ drive by using Captain Fareed Bukhari Shaheed Road.
- Imam Bargah Moosa-e-Kazim and Society Imam Bargah are at the distance of 600 metres away from each other. You can easily drive via Khalid Bin Walid Road to reach any of these to fulfil your religious duties.
Central Baptist Church on Dr Mahmood Hussain Road resides in Block 2 of this area. Christian residents of this society can get to this worship place in approximately 350 metres from Imtiaz Supermarket and offer their religious duties without any hindrance.
SCHOOLS, COLLEGES AND UNIVERSITIES IN AND NEAR PECHS, Jamshed Town Karachi
When it comes to educational institutions, PECHS hosts some of the most popular schools and colleges of K-Town. These organizations do not only add up to the convenience but a great part of investment-return is also associated with the presence of these foundations.
For instance, there are seven campuses of Beaconhouse School that fall under the peripherals of P.E.C.H.S. and most of them are easily reachable within 5-15 minutes from any corner of the society. You will locate two campuses in Block 2 whereas Block 3 hosts three campuses and additional two campuses are operating in Block 6 of PECHS, along with Beaconhouse College. Academic programs in this school may start from Pre-school to Secondary. Adding to that, early year school programs are focused on play-based learning whereas Secondary Programs are aligned and registered with Cambridge Board.
For an alternative option, residents can also opt for The Educators in Block 2 and Block 6 of PECHS because it is a sponsored school of the Beaconhouse.
Furthermore, six campuses of The City School are contributing to the educational society of PECHS whereas three campuses of The Smart School are also operating in Block 2 of PECHS. These two schools are popular among the dwellers due to their centric approach towards curriculum and lesson planning. Additionally, you can enrol your children in either of their programs beginning from nursery to grade X/XI.
Some other popular schools in PECHS may include Allied School, it is a project of Punjab Group of Colleges. There are two branches functioning in the society, one of them is co-ed whereas another is just for boys. It takes an approximate drive of 5-2 minutes from Pakistan Post office in Block 2 to reach any of these.
Moreover, Institute of Early Childhood Education and Development (IECED) is a college and training centre for aspiring and existing teachers. This institute is situated in PECHS Block 2 on the first floor of Bank Islami, near Rangers Check-post and Delhi Sweets. Anyone who is looking forward to continue career in teaching, (specifically in early years teaching) can enrol themselves in either of their programs:
- Diploma in ECCE is a one-year program offered by this college in affiliation with Sindh Technical Board. You need a minimum qualification of 12 years to qualify for this program.
- B.Ed can be applied by those who have a minimum qualification of 14 years and a certificate in Early Years. On the other hand, 2-years Master program is a perfect opportunity for anyone who is looking forward to pursue career in teachers’ training. These two programs are offered in association with BBSU, Liyari.
Alternative option includes the branch of Hamdard University, at a walkable distance of 5-minutes from this College of Education. Similarly, there are a number of college in Block 6, including:
- Pakistan Educational Foundation College, NCR-CET College and CMA College of Media and Arts and are at the distance of 500 metres, 950 metres and 1.2 kilometres from Chanesar Halt, respectively.
BAMM PECHS Government Girls College and Tabani’s College are situated in Block 2 of PECHS. It takes a walking distance of around 5 minutes to reach any of this institution from the other. PECHS College offers intermediate programs in Arts and Commerce as well as degree programs in both of these subjects. On the other hand, Tabani’s College specializes in business related courses such as CA and ACCA. You can also register for their HSC programs that are offered in Pre-Medical, Pre-Engineering, Commerce and General Science/Arts.
Furthermore, two of the best medical colleges in Karachi have its campuses functioning near PECHS as well. One of them is Jinnah Sindh Medical University and the other is Agha Khan University. It takes a driving distance of 12 minutes and 20 minutes to reach to these universities from PECHS, respectively.
On the same note, Liaquat National University adjacent to AKUH, can serve as an alternate for the residents of PECHS. This university is a pioneer for the rest of the medical institutions of K-Town. The departments available at the university can be divided into Medical College, School of Diagnostic Lab Sciences, Nursing College, Physiotherapy School and Healthcare Education. Apart from that, this university also offers Post-graduate programs in Medicine and Biosciences.
Furthermore, around 60 metres away from NCR-CET College you will find two professional universities in offering degree programs, adjacent to each other. Residents can opt for any of the below-mentioned universities in Block 6 of P.E.C.H.S.:
- Mohammad Ali Jinnah University proclaims to be one of Pakistan’s fastest growing universities. Anyone who is looking forward to adopt Computer, Engineering, Business and Life Sciences as their occupation, they can opt this university.
- National University of Computer and Emerging Science offers graduate an undergraduate programs in different subjects such as Arts, Accounting and Finance, Computer Science and Engineering.
BANKS IN AND NEAR PECHS, Jamshed Town Karachi
PECHS features some of the top banks of Karachi and these banks contribute a lot in making day-to-day transactions feasible for the populace of this area. There’s a line of bank on Shahrah-e-Faisal that are easily reachable within 10-15 minutes from any block of the society.
Beginning from Bank Islami and Habib Bank Limited, these two banks are next to each other near Delhi Sweets. It takes around 9-minutes from the beginning point of the society to reach them. These two banks serve the residents on weekdays from 9:00 AM to 5:30 PM whereas minimal transactions can be carried out by using their ATM facilities functioning 24/7.
A little further from here, around 5-minutes of walk away, you will the branches of The Bank of Punjab and Meezan Bank near Karachi Foods. It takes no more than 2-minutes from Sharah-e-Faisal Road to carry-out your finances with the help of these banks.
Additionally, the branches of Habib Metro Bank and Faysal Bank are adjacent to each other. These two banks are situated under Business Avenue, near Pak Qatar Takaful. For the residents of other blocks, it takes no more than 10-minutes to access these banks.
CLINICS AND HOSPITALS IN AND NEAR PECHS, Jamshed Town Karachi
Having easy access to medical and healthcare facilities can benefit the resident in many ways such as getting immediate medical attention in the case of emergency and access to consultancy for routine check-ups and minor other concerns. Conveniently, these preventive facilities also have significant value when it comes to the real estate market. Amenities of such category become a great attraction in buyer’s market.
Similarly, PECHS is an ideal location when it comes to medical facilities because there are a number of hospitals and clinics in and near the society. Located in PECHS extension, Block 6, “PECHS Trauma Hospital” is taking care of all the healthcare needs of its populace. No matter wherever you’re residing in PECHS, it takes no more than 15-minutes to get to the experts of this hospital in case of any emergency. Besides that, you will also find out patient department and several clinics in this hospital. This hospital specializes in the below-mentioned area:
- Colorectal Surgery, Dentistry, Dermatology, Endoscopy and Breast Surgery to name a few.
You can also seek consultation from the experts of this hospital in other areas such as General Surgeon, General Physician, Gynaecologist, Radiologist and Urologist. The list of the consultants can be found on the official website of this hospital without any hindrance.
Furthermore, Liaquat National Hospital (semi-private) and Agha Khan Hospital (private) are two of the top-notch hospitals of Karachi or we can say healthcare towns. These two preventative services are operating not more than 4 kilometres away from PECHS Society. You can visit these hospitals whether you need prompt medical attention including general and invasive surgeries or you’re concerned with unusual tiredness. The well-trained staff and experts of these hospitals will make sure that you return to your abode with satisfaction and proper treatment. Besides that, the enormous premises of these hospitals will make sure that you get a proper and safe space for parking your wheels, and you do not miss out your prayers. Additional facilities in these hospitals may include ATMs and cafeterias for visitors.
On the other hand, the expert neurologists, psychologist and psychiatrists of Rabia Moon Memorial Institute of Neurosciences Trust are helping the populace of this society free of cost. It is only 1 minute away from Paramount Books in the 2nd Block of PECHS. This healthcare facility deals majorly in mental and brain-related illnesses and concerns.
Similarly, two main healthcare facilities of Karachi such as Liaquat National Hospital, a semi-private hospital and Agha Khan Hospital, an internationally recognized facility are also providing top-notch medical facilities to the locals of PECHS. These two preventive facilities are adjacent to each other and around 4.2 kilometres away from each other. This distance can easily be covered within the drive of 14 minutes by Siraj-ud-Daula Road.
These hospitals are more or less like a small town of medical facilities, there are several complex within this hospital. Besides taking care of emergency cases, these hospitals also have different buildings for out-patient departments where you can seek consultation from the experts in:
- Paediatrics, Oncology, Urology, Endocrinology, Gynaecology and Internal Medicine. Apart from that, this hospital also features professionals of Cardiology, Pulmonology and Radiology.
Furthermore, there are blood collection units as well as laborities for diagnostics and medical tests available here. These two medical complexes also have:
- Separate parking lots for people who visit by their own vehicle
- Cafeterias serving fresh and organic food
- ATM machines for quick cash withdrawal
- Separate mosques for visitors or patient’s families
- Wheelchairs for anyone who needs it
- Elevators for public use
- Clean and hygienic restrooms and waiting areas
PROPERTIES IN PECHS, Jamshed Town Karachi
SALE PRICE TRENDS IN PECHS, Jamshed Town Karachi
Besides finding a property for residence, PECHS is an ideal place for securing investment as well. Given is the detail of sale price trends in PECHS, Jamshed Town Karachi for you to have some necessary information at hand before you seal the deal.
HOUSES FOR SALE IN PECHS, Jamshed Town Karachi
If it’s your first time buying a house, you should avoid common mistakes the first time home-buyers usually make such as not knowing their approximate budget and not choosing a property dealer/real estate agent. PECHS Society hosts a number of houses for sale with a variant price range, area size, and infrastructure. Beginning from 240 Square Yards houses, for that, you need a minimum budget of PKR 3.75 crores to a maximum of PKR 9 crores. On the other hand, smaller option for 120 Square Yards house can begin from PKR 1.7 crores to PKR 5 crores. Comparatively, acquiring a residence in upper portions in PECHS can cost between PKR 40 lakh to PKR 4.5 crores, depending on total rooms and area size.
FLATS FOR SALE IN PECHS, Jamshed Town Karachi
You can find a variety of deals in apartments for sale in PECHS. For instance, buying 4-bedroom apartments with 4 baths require an estimated budget of PKR 90 lakh to PKR 4.5 crores. Comparatively, 3-bed apartments with 3-4 baths can cost as low as PKR 1.4 crores to PKR 3.5 crores. A smaller size option can include 2-bedroom apartments and these can be easily purchased within a minimum budget of PKR 50 Lakh and maximum of PKR 2 crores.
PLOTS FOR SALE IN PECHS, Jamshed Town Karachi
There’s a variety of plots of sale in PECHS but the prices of these plots are pretty high. For example, plots of 240 Square Yards can be bought in the price range beginning from PKR 3.25 crores and ranging up to PKR 18 crores, depending on whether the plot is registered as commercial or residential site.
RENT PRICE TRENDS IN PECHS, Jamshed Town Karachi
Rent price in Jamshed Town may fluctuate due to a number of details such as total rooms, nearby amenities, location of the property and accessibility routes. Likewise, schools, public transport, hospitals and other facilities also play an important role in setting a framework for the rent prices. If you’re a looking for a property in PECHS then you should avoid common mistakes that tenants make before moving out such as looking into afore-mentioned details.
HOUSES FOR RENT IN PECHS, Jamshed Town Karachi
Currently, rental houses in PECHS can be found Block 2, Block 3 and Block 6. For an idea, price for 240 Square Yards rental houses can be in the frame of PKR 50 Thousand to PKR 2.5 Lakh depending on the quantity of rooms. Relatively, tenants need a budget of around PKR 1.5 Lakh to PKR 6 lakh to find rental houses of 500 Square Yards in PECHS.
It is a well-known fact that PECHS features the main commercial road of Karachi that is Shahrah-e-Faisal. You will find a number of options in commercial properties for sale in PECHS. Most of these properties are in the shape of already built offices or show rooms so once you buy it, you can use it for business or you can also list it on rent and take benefit from monthly income, as there are several options in commercial properties for rent in PECHS.
SHOPPING, RESTAURANTS, AND BAKERIES
MALLS IN AND NEAR PECHS, Jamshed Town Karachi
The availability of malls and shopping plazas contribute a lot in providing a better lifestyle to the populace and not only that, these commercial sites have a great significance in the real estate market as well. There’s no doubt in saying that PECHS is the home for top destinations for Shopping in Karachi because the commercial area of Tariq Road is pinned within PECHS. This area features some of the most visited malls in Karachi such as Dolmen Mall.
It is a multiple storeyed plaza packed with many national and international brands selling various items. These commodities can range in jewellery, cosmetics, clothes, and shoes. On the other hand, the top floor of this shopping mall is dedicated to the food-court featuring many kiosks of desi and continental cuisines. At the same time, you will also find an area dedicated to Sindbad on the same floor as the food-court. This wonderland hosts many great play-stations and gaming hubs where adults and as well as children can spend a quality time without getting bored.
Furthermore, Tariq Road itself is a great location for budget-friendly shopping and it is visited by locals from other areas as well. This bazaar features many shops, mini-bazaars, plazas and malls. The streets are jam-packed with hundreds of options in clothes, shoes, jewellery and other accessories providing the opportunities for making great deals as per your budget. If you want to experience the real essence of shopping in Karachi, Tariq Road is the accurate choice because it is a single stop for all your prerequisites. Some popular malls and shopping centres on Tariq Road are:
- Dubai Shopping Mall and Madina Mall are opposite to each other. These malls have ample purveyors that are dealing in fabrics of all kind without putting any load on your pocket.
- Shalimar Centre features a good number of local and universal brands of wearable commodities.
- Rabi Centre and Mateen Centre are not more than 2-minutes away from each other. These two shopping complexes feature a great number of wholesale shops that majorly deal in unstitched clothes for men and women.
- Bahria Town Tower is one of the wonders of this street, situated around 270 metres away from Jamia Masjid Rehmania. It is a 24-storeyed building with eight floors reserved for parking only. The mall is centrally air-conditioned and equipped with all the things that you need. This mixed plaza doesn’t only serve as shopping mall but 14 floors of this buildings are dedicated for corporate offices with separate entrance and reception area. Some other amenities at the mall may include food courts with many national and international restaurants, gold class cinema and kids’ play area.
RESTAURANTS, CAFES AND BAKERIES NEAR PECHS, Jamshed Town Karachi
PECHS stays atop amongst the list of foodies of K-Town as it features Zahid Restaurant which is considered as one of the best Nehari places in Karachi. This place is admired by the locals for serving delicious gravy with crusty and hot naan. Anyone who loves Nehari will be pleased to know that this place is also liked by many Pakistani artists and political figures. It doesn’t matter whether you would like to have Nehari at breakfast or in dinner because this place starts serving from 7 AM and shuts down around midnight, throughout the week.
Some of the top choices for Chinese restaurants in Karachi among the foodies may include La Chine and Yuan Tung Restaurant in PECHS Block 2 whereas Ginsoy Extreme and Bam Bou in SMCHS are about 1 kilometres away from PECHS. Visitors like these restaurants for their authentic Chinese taste and ambiance.
For those who are looking for options in fine-dining and continental cuisine can opt for a bunch of restaurants located in Sindhi Muslim Society that is also amidst popular places for late night outings in Karachi. It is 5-minutes closer to Pakistan Employees Society. Some of the popular mentions in this vicinity are:
- Koffie Chalet and Del Frio are a perfect choice for anyone who loves chocolate cakes. A slice of chocolate cake from these two cafes will satisfy your sweet tooth whereas their alfredo-pasta is also among the top-picks of the visitors. It takes a driving time of about 8 minutes to get to this restaurant.
- The revamped version of Foods INN will make sure that you and your family experience the utmost of your day-out. It is no more than 1.2 kilometres away from the society. You can order anything from their dynamic menu offering dishes from Desi and Continental Cuisine.
- Nando’s provides you the opportunity to experience genuine Afro-Portuguese flavours in chicken. It is well known for maintaining the same flavour and taste in Peri-Peri chicken for years now. The good thing is that it is at the distance of 1.3 kilometres away.
The list of some other famous fast-food joints, cafes and pizzeria on the food street of SMCHS that are easily reachable within 5-7 minutes may include:
- Broadway Pizza serves oven-baked pizzas in variety of crusts with toppings of your choice.
- New York Café and Gloria Jeans Café are appropriate choice for formal gatherings or a quick coffee.
- Burger Lab is a burger joint, situated in the heart of SMCHS. Besides serving juicy burgers with tendered meat, this restaurant is also well-known for animal fries that are served with cheesy sauce.
Similarly, you can also score a number of cafes and eateries if you’re living in PECHS. You can treat your friends at Filli Café by their Sandwiches and Tea or you can visit Wired Inn which is well-known for grilled chicken and crispy burgers. Wired Inn café gives you the pleasure of munching while watching sports on their screens. The list of the food chains and fine-dining experience in this area is endless and you have a vast menu to choose from.
On the other hand, you can also grab a snack-on-the-go from a number of famous bakeries in PECHS such as Blue Ribbon Bakery and Ambala Sweets and Bakers. These two bakeries feature a number of refreshment items as well as cakes, biscuits and pastries. Besides selling a great range of bakery products, these bakeries also serve as confectionary. Blue Ribbon Bakery can easily be located on the corner of Nursery Furniture Market whereas Ambala Sweets and Bakers are on the other side of the road, around 3.7 kilometres away from here.
Likewise, Rehmat-e-Shereen is a bakery cum confectionary that also serves as a restaurant. It is based on a three-storeyed building including ground floor that serves as bakery and confectionary and the rest of the floors have a nice place for dinning in. Their dynamic menu beholds many choices in Italian, Chinese and mash of other Cuisines. Visitors put an up vote for being economical and serving quality food whereas some do not like to leave without trying their Kulfi Falooda.
OUTDOOR ACTIVITIES, FITNESS AND BEAUTY
SPORTS FACILITIES AND FITNESS CENTRES IN AND NEAR PECHS, Jamshed Town Karachi
Amenities such as sports facilities are one of the many attractions for potential buyers and tenants, they’re likely to get attracted if there are abundant options for physical activity and outdoor games available in the area. While living in PECHS, you can find a number of options but we will begin from KMC Sports Complex that is 2.3 kilometres closer to the society. It is easily manageable to get to this multifaceted sports facility in no more than 10-minutes’ drive. Located on Kashmir Road, it provides numerous adventures and opportunities for physical activities such as swimming, martial arts, squash, skating and tennis. You can access all of these facilities including their jogging track right after subscribing for the membership. The membership fees is paid yearly and monthly, quoting PKR 8000 and PKR 10,000 respectively.
Furthermore, for those who are more interested in physical exercise and gaining muscles, they can hit a number of gyms within the society. Beginning from a couple of gyms, just 1 minute away from Tariq Road Bus Stop:
- Sweatland Gym operates from 4:00 PM to 12: 00 AM whereas Bushra Shahab Fitness Studio opens around 10:00 AM and closes around 8:00 PM. These two gyms can be utilized for anyone who cannot manage time out of their busy schedules.
A little away from here, approximately 750 metres, you can find three fitness centres opposite to Dar-ul-Aman Foundation, namely Pilatezlab, Union Club Gym and Big Boss Fitness Challenge. Union Club Gym and Big Boss Fitness Centres are the part of Union Cooperative Club in Dar-ul-Aman Society.
PARKS IN AND NEAR PECHS, Jamshed Town Karachi
Recreational sites such as Public Parks are valuable for many reasons, out of which the reason that it adds up to the landscapes of the property is at top. Secondly, the existence of these parks is also important in the buyer’s market. Fortunately, the populace of PECHS is comparatively environmentalist because you will frequently see patches of grass in the society while the figure of public parks in the society is copious.
Beginning from CPLC Ladies and Children Park, it takes a walk of 10-minutes to get to this square from Union Cooperative Club. This park provides a safe and secure space for lady residents to relax in the evening or take a powerful jog in the morning before getting prepared for the day. Similarly, Hill Park is 1-minute away from this park. It is a widespread park, built on the top of the hill with various activities for people of all age groups. Besides hosting long and short racks with various lush green garden, this park is mainly divided into the areas mentioned below:
- Parking lot on the premises of Hill Park provides a safe space to the visitors who climb the hill using their own wheels. The hike to the park is made of carpeted road which makes it accessible for the visitors who are using wheel-chairs.
- Adventure Park is surrounded with a safe boundary and a separate ticket-boot at the entrance. There are numerous options for games and exciting rides here such as roller coaster, Ferris wheel, etc. You can enter this hub of entertainment after paying PKR 30 for the ticket.
- Children Play Areas consist of well-equipped sandy-grounds with swings, jungle gym, slides and monkey bars for kids. The good thing is that there are two play areas within the park.
- Hill-view is the peak-point of this park where you can experience sunset and the view of the buildings in Karachi that appear like a structure made of small blocks.
- Lake-View hosts numerous ducks and duckling in their natural habitat, you can take pleasure of watching the ducks swim while munching on the snacks sold by vendors in the park.
Besides that, there’s a separate ground for cricket within the boundaries of Hill Park and residents can use this space for outdoor games such as cricket, hockey and football.
Another entry for public parks in PECHS is Jheel Park. It is situated on Hamid Hussain Farooqi Road, at the distance of 210 metres from The Smart School (Al Hassan Campus). This Park spreads over an area of 25 acres and it is majorly known for its pond and playground.
SALONS AND SPAS IN AND NEAR PECHS, Jamshed Town Karachi
Fortunately, the dwellers of PECHS Society can score a number of salons and all of them are situated with the proximal drive of 5-15 minutes from any block of the society. The number of these beauty studios is too high but we’re mentioning the one’s with popular ratings for your convenience:
- Kashee’s Beauty Parlour is providing high-end services throughout the week from 11 AM to 11 PM and 24 hours on Sunday. It is only 1 away from Mahmood Ghaznavi Park and easy to get to in 4-minutes by using Lakhani Street and Tariq Road. Visitors admire this parlour for their efficient and skilled staff whereas some suggest their party and bridal make-up complimented with decent hairstyle. Similarly, 300 metres away from here, you will find their branch of salon taking care of the grooming needs of male residents of this area.
- MahRose Beauty Parlour is 260 metres away from Bahria Town Tower, and it takes no more than a 1-minute drive using Tariq Road. The functioning hours of this beauty studio remain same from Monday to Sunday (11:00 AM-10:00 PM). MahRose Beauty Parlous is a chain of beauty salons running in different parts of Karachi and providing top-class services to women all over the city. Visitors put an up vote especially for their friendly environment and comprehensive staff.
- Romero Salon stays open for 24/7 and provides top-notch beauty treatments and make-overs to its male and female visitors. This salon offers a range in hair treatments including cutting, highlights, straightening and steam therapy, to name a few. Apart from that, this salon also offers piercing for ears, eyebrows and bellybutton. It is only 190 metres away from Tariq Road Bus Stop.
- Rose Beauty Parlour, Wajid Khan Salon and Najla’s Beauty Parlour are situated in 2nd Block of this Society and these three salons are not more than 900 metres away from central point of the society. Wajid Khan Salon is owned and run by famous Pakistani makeup artist, and he specializes in facial make-up. On the other hand, Rose Beauty Parlour and Najla Beauty Salon offer a variety of grooming and beauty services. These services may range in skin and body care, hair and make-over. Additionally, Rose Beauty Parlour also features a separate and private space for men as Rose Men Salon in the same vicinity.
PECHS is canopied with some of the major areas of Karachi such as Bahadurabad is only 8-minutes away. On the other side of the society, you will find, Chanesar Goth and Azam Basti not more than 5-minutes’ drive away. Two main Cantt Stations such as Karachi Cantonment and Faisal Cantonment are situated at the distance of 3.6 kilometres and 12.9 kilometres. Most Phases of DHA Phase are easily accessible via DHA Phase Extension II in 15-minutes only. Furthermore, main artery such as Lyari Expressway is reachable in 20-minutes via Allama Iqbal Road and 25-minutes from Shahrah-e-Faisal Road. By using this route, the populace of PECHS can access many major areas of K-Town such as Nazimabad, Liaquatabad Town and Federal B Area. Furthermore, M.A. Jinnah Road is also associated via Sharah-E-Quaideen which makes this route of 5.8 kilometres.
THINGS TO CONSIDER
PECHS has many developed societies and most of the amenities are placed near this area. The market value of properties are competitive and hence it is considered as a good option for residence as well as investment. On the same note, basic amenities such as preventative facilities, educational institutions, public transport and commercial markets are at walkable distances. The streets are greener than the rest of the areas of K-Town, and plant nurseries are spread here and there. The residents of this area are far more environmentalist as you will find plenty of trees and plants and patches of grass in almost every sub-community of this area.
IMPORTANCE OF PECHS, Jamshed Town Karachi FROM MAJOR LOCATIONS NEARBY
- Bahadurabad is a neighbouring area of PECHS, Jamshed Town.
- Chanesar Goth and Azam Basti are 5-minutes away.
- Karachi Cantonment is at a distance of 3.6 kilometres.
- DHA Phase 2 Extension is easy to get to in 15-minutes.
- Chanesar Halt is a stop for economy trains and it is present within the vicinity of PECHS.