ABOUT PISHUKAN, GWADAR
Gwadar officially became part of Pakistan in September 1958, which later led to the development of Gwadar Port. It was not until 1977 that Gwadar became formally a district or city, with Gwadar Town being nominated as the headquarters of the district. Gwadar, divided into four tehsils comprising Gwadar, Jiwani, Ormara, and Pasni, has now become a mega project, jointly developed by China and Pakistan as part of the China-Pakistan Economic Corridor (CPEC).
Gwadar, a port city, is made up of many small villages or union councils, one of which is Pishukan, located along the Gulf of Oman. Pishukan is a scenic place boasting crystal waters and trash-free dunes. Situated on the eastern end of Gwadar Bay, Pishukan has a population of around 12,000.
AT A GLANCE
- Forestry with mangrove trees
- Arabian Sea
- Rocky mountains
- Wide roads
- Sewage system
- Commercial markets
FACILITIES, SCHOOLS AND HEALTHCARE
PUBLIC TRANSPORT NEAR PISHUKAN, GWADAR
Gwadar, for a long time, remained a small, remote city without any significant development projects or transportation system. The recent approval and implementation of the CPEC has increased the potential of investment in Gwadar by manifolds. In some areas of Gwadar, the CPEC has led to the emergence of startups such as Al-Mumtaz and Al-Abbas transport services. Residents of Pishukan have great hope that the success of CPEC will eventually lead to the development of an efficient system of public transport near Pishukan, too.
Since Gwadar was a remote city with little-to-no commercial activities, the city, as of now, lacks a proper system of public transportation. Residents of Gwadar and Pishukan usually rely on personal vehicles such as motorcycles, bicycles, or cars to commute since some of the available means of transportation are around one to two hours away from Pishukan. However, since there are very few choices in transport, even one to two hours is considered a welcome option. Suffice to say that the situation is rapidly changing in favour of residents. We can expect to see more transportation options as development progresses, and more people move to Gwadar and Pishukan for residential and commercial purposes. As of now, the following are some commute options available for people:
- Al-Abbas Transport, located in Gwadar Old City, is 46 minutes’ drive away.
- Al-Mumtaz Coach Service, located in Gwadar Old City, is only 47 minutes’ drive away.
- Al-Mumtaz of Jiwani area is one hour and 20 minutes’ drive away.
- Al-Mumtaz Bus Transport Dobastpanja, situated in Tamp Kuh, is reachable within a drive of one hour and 20 minutes.
MARKETS NEAR PISHUKAN, GWADAR
The development projects in Gwadar are still underway, and given the fact that Gwadar is a big city, it will take some time before investors with commercial projects reach Pishukan. As of now, there is no major mall or market near Pishukan, but since people are living here, there are some traditional shops and markets present here, even if their presence is not officially reflected on a map. However, due to the development in Old Gwadar City, there has been an emergence of markets in the area.
Mentioned below are some of the markets near Pishukan:
- Saddam General Store, situated on Ganz Road, is 4 minutes’ drive away from Pishukan.
- Hamraz Kulanchi General Store near Gwadar Beach is 41 minutes’ drive away.
- Ashraf Hussain Market, situated on main Airport Road, is approachable in a drive of 44 minutes.
- Royal General Store, located in Door Ghatte, is 46 minutes’ drive away.
MOSQUES IN AND NEAR PISHUKAN, GWADAR
There are quite a few mosques in and near Pishukan, making it easier for people to take care of their religious obligations. Some of them are:
- Masjid Baitul Mukarram is 3 minutes’ drive away.
- Usmania Masjid is reachable within 5 minutes’ drive.
- Rehmani Masjid is 8 minutes’ drive away.
- Mahmoodi Masjid is around 2 km away
- Noorani Masjid is at a 5-minute drive.
SCHOOLS, COLLEGES AND UNIVERSITIES IN AND NEAR PISHUKAN, GWADAR
It is in cities like Gwadar, where people genuinely realise the dire need for educational institutions, especially if they want their city to grow and prosper. Right now, Pishukan Village does not have many options, but since the city is progressing, this will no longer be the case in the future. There are only two schools in Pishukan; one of them is Government High School of Pishukan, which is only 6 minutes’ drive away and the other one is Government Boy’s Middle School. Situated in Robar, Government Boy’s Middle School is 31 minutes’ drive away.
Listed below are some of the high schools and colleges near Pishukan:
- Government Model High School, located in Old Gwadar City, is 46 minutes’ drive away.
- The Oasis School (Main Branch), situated in West Bay, Gwadar Old City, is approachable in a drive of 44 minutes.
- Government Girls High School, sited in Gwadar, is a 43-minute drive away.
- Vocational Training Centre, located in Gwadar TTC Colony, is 44 minutes’ drive away.
- Dhoria Academy, situated on Gwadar Port Road, Jainabad, is 44 minutes’ drive away.
Gwadar Institute of Technology, located in Makkah City, was built by Pakistan Army to benefit the coastal areas of Balochistan and the people living here. The institute is operational only 47 minutes’ drive away from Pishukan. The institute is a public school and offers several academic programmes such as Diploma of Associate Engineering (DOE) in architecture technology, civil technology, and electronics technology.
The National University of Modern Languages (NUML), situated on Old Airport Road, is a government university, 43 minutes’ drive away from Pishukan. The university offers a variety of programmes such as an MA in English literature and linguistics, BS in English, BA in English, and intermediate. This campus of the university was established in 2018 in Gwadar and offers both morning and evening classes.
The University of Turbat (UoT) was established in 2012 by the government of Balochistan and is only 44 minutes’ drive away from Pishukan. The university offers degree programmes in chemistry, economics, education, English, computer science, commerce, law, management sciences, and political science. The university also provides scholarship funds donated by Waja Taj Mohammad, Mir Elahi Baksh Scholarship, and Karim Dashti Scholarship and separate need-based scholarships.
BANKS NEAR PISHUKAN, GWADAR
Many people use traditional methods for saving and transferring money, as banks are not yet widely available in Pishukan. Despite that, many people still prefer using banks, which is made possible by reaching the West Bay of Gwadar and using the banks operational here.
Listed below are some of the banks near Pishukan:
- Allied Bank, situated on Jinnah Avenue, Phase 2, New Town Housing, 41 minutes’ drive away.
- Summit Bank, located in Gwadar Old City, 49 minutes’ drive away.
- Bank Alfalah, located on Airport Road, around 46 km away.
- UBL and MCB, located in Old Gwadar City, 43 minutes’ drive away.
- National Bank of Pakistan (NBP), sited on Gwadar Port Road, 44 minutes’ drive away.
China-Pakistan friendship has led to many changes in Gwadar, one of them being the establishment of a coal energy project. It is expected that villages like Pishukan in Gwadar would now face fewer electricity breakdowns and no breakdowns after the completion of other such projects.
CLINICS AND HOSPITALS NEAR PISHUKAN, GWADAR
Gwadar is still going through developments, and many villages like Pishukan are rightfully hopeful that they will get to experience new facilities soon. Also, a lot of clinics or medical facilities present in Pishukan are home-based, which use traditional medicinal practices. The Old City of Gwadar is the main area, which has gone through some major developments, making way for a few clinics and hospitals near Pishukan, including.
- GDA Hospital of Gwadar is 43 minutes’ drive away from Pishukan.
- Behtar Zindagi Center, located on Pak Oman Bank Street, is 44 minutes’ drive away.
PROPERTIES IN PISHUKAN, GWADAR
SALES PRICE TRENDS IN PISHUKAN, GWADAR
With the launch of the CPEC and the influx of developmental projects, Gwadar will soon be a well-established, posh area, ideal for living, business, and investing.
PLOTS FOR SALE IN PISHUKAN, GWADAR
As Gwadar is still going through a lot of development, there are many plots available for sale in Pishukan. Amongst the many plots available, there are several 5 marla plots up for sale for a price of PKR 4 lakh to PKR 4.5 lakh. One the other hand, 1 kanal plots can be bought for PKR 5 lakh to PKR 9 lakh.
SHOPPING, RESTAURANTS, AND BAKERIES
RESTAURANTS NEAR PISHUKAN, GWADAR
Pishukan features many local dhabas and fast food vendors, though there are only two restaurants near Pishukan, which are officially located on the map. These are:
- Bismillah Baloch Burger Point, located in Jiwani, is 5 minutes’ drive away from Pishukan.
- Abdul Samad Restaurant is approachable in a drive of 9 minutes.
Many people prefer to travel to destinations a bit far away since it gives them an opportunity for a long drive. For such people, some restaurants that are an hour away in Old Gwadar City include:
- Hot Box Fast Food, 44 minutes’ drive away.
- Restaurant Alteen, situated on Ustad Abdul Majeed Gwadari Road, 42 minutes’ drive away.
- Shinwari Restaurant, situated on Port Road, 43 minutes away by car.
- Super Salatein Restaurant, situated on Airport Road, Door Ghatte, 45 minutes’ drive away.
- Karachi Darbar Restaurant & Bar. B.Q, 44 minutes’ drive away
OUTDOOR ACTIVITIES, FITNESS AND BEAUTY
SPORTS FACILITIES NEAR PISHUKAN, GWADAR
There are few sports facilities near Pishukan such as the International Football Stadium of Gwadar. The stadium is only 38 minutes’ drive away from Pishukan and is one of the rare football stadiums in Pakistan. The stadium is a project by the Chinese government, with another one scheduled to be established in Quetta shortly. The people of Balochistan have great passion and talent for football, and the stadium near Pishukan will not only help them polish their skills but also live a healthier life.
PARKS AND CLUBS IN AND NEAR PISHUKAN, GWADAR
There are not many central parks and clubs near Pishukan but the ones that are available in Old Gwadar City provide a fine getaway for weekends. These include:
- Gwadar Mini Park, located in New Town Gwadar, is 41 minutes’ drive away from Pishukan.
- Central Park, situated in Old Gwadar City, is reachable in a drive of 43 minutes.
- Akara National Park is 45 minutes’ drive away from Pishukan.
- East-Bay Park, situated on Airport Road, is 53 minutes’ drive away.
As work is still in progress, many clubs are still going through construction, such as Gwadar Gymkhana, which is 49 minutes’ drive from Pishukan. Located in Old Gwadar City, where most of the development projects are taking place, Gymkhana is a popular name in Pakistan; hence, the hope is that it will meet high standards and delight its members and the general population.
Taj Mahal Restaurant & Cinema is 47 minutes’ drive away from Pishukan. The establishment attracts a lot of locals as it is a hub of entertainment activities. Situated on Port Road, Soragdil, Gwadar Old City, the cinema has seen some golden days of actors such as Waheed Murad. According to Express Tribune, the cinema is now in ruins. Thanks to recent rapid developments, the hope remains that the cinema will go through some renovations too and will be restored to its former glory.
Gwadar is a beach, with Pishukan located near the Gulf of Oman. There are several lakes near Pishukan, which not only enhance the beauty of the place but are also a source of many activities for the locals, such as fishing and swimming. Akara Lake, situated near Makran Coastal Highway N-10, is only 33 minutes’ drive away. Also, Akara Park is located nearby, as well. As the lakes here are the primary source of water, the Akara Dam Reservoir on Akara Lake supplies water for the nearby regions.
Golden Lake, a posh housing society located in Kahan Avenue, is a project by AZM Developers. Situated in the middle of West Bay and only 28 minutes’ drive away from Pishukan, it is great to have an established society like this near Pishukan village. As more and more people settle in Golden Lake and other similar projects, markets and a proper transportation system will gradually take shape, proving beneficial for the residents of Pishukan, too.
THINGS TO CONSIDER
The village of Pishukan is ideally located with close access to Gwadar Port and many development projects of CPEC. A lot of facilities like banks, salons, or malls might not be found in Pishukan, but they are available at an hour's distance in Old Gwadar City. Gwadar has gone through some significant changes in a short time, so there are high hopes that Pishukan will soon have all the amenities of a developed area.
IMPORTANCE OF PISHUKAN, GWADAR FROM MAJOR LOCATIONS NEARBY
- China Village is 8 minutes’ drive away.
- Maanbar Housing Scheme is 10 minutes’ drive away.
- Gwadar West Bay Beach is reachable in a drive of 5 minutes.
- Zero Point is 37 minutes’ drive away.
- Gwadar International Airport is 47 minutes’ drive away.