ABOUT SECTOR 17-A, SCHEME 33 KARACHI
Sector 17-A, Scheme 33 Karachi is also known as Gulzar-e-Hijri Colony. It is one of the most trending societies of the city of Karachi, due to its placement near Karachi-Hyderabad Motorway and University Road, Karachi. It is also a neighbouring scheme of Gulshan-e-Iqbal.
Initially, the scheme was under the control of Board of Revenue (BOR) and Karachi Development Authority (KDA). In the year of 1971, BOR created the policies for land allotment, framework for land cost and other terms and conditions.
PLANNING AND DEVELOPMENT
According to an update in the year of 2004 in DAWN NEWS, planning and developmental work was assigned to KDA in the year of 1973 while a part of the land was allotted to 137 residential societies. But later in the year 2004, the developmental work and planning was handed over to City District Government Karachi (CDGK).
Furthermore, the land allotted to 137 residential societies was 4707 acres out of which 4889 acres of the area was marked as green-belt which means, it was restricted for any constructions of building and 1400 acres was planned for corridor area.
The newspaper also reported that some of the road network, sewerage system, water supply system, as well as drainage system for storm, has been completed.
Developmental work of Scheme 33 also includes the construction of major roads of 100 Square Feet, 150 Square Feet and 250 Square Feet, water mains, sewerage system, storm-water drains and water courses on Liyari River.
AT A GLANCE
- Secure Area
- Reasonably Priced Accommodation
- Closer to Karachi-Hyderabad Motorway
- Near University Road
FACILITIES, SCHOOLS, AND HEALTHCARE
Public Transport in SECTOR 17-A, SCHEME 33 KARACHI
The main terminal of Daewoo in Sindh is just 11-minute drive away via Karachi-Hyderabad Motorway but if the residents are taking University Road Link then it is going to take 13-minute drive to reach there. Both of these distances are calculated from Scheme 33 Sector 17-A.
Daewoo Bus Services provides services to almost all the main cities of Pakistan. The terminal itself has various facilities for people who are travelling to Karachi, or from Karachi to somewhere else.
A list of the facilities at the terminal include:
- Neat and Clean Restrooms
- Comfortable Waiting Area
- Stations for charging mobile phones
- ATM Services
Travellers may also purchase tickets and get information on the bus route and prices from the premises of the terminal.
Some of the closest bus stops in the proximity of 1 km to 4 km are:
- Hijri Road Bus Stop is 6-minute drive away.
- Memon Nagar Bus Stop is at the distance of 9-minute drive from the area via Hijri Road.
- Sachal Goth Bus Stop is at the distance of 10-minute drive from the area via Suparco Road and if the residents are taking Hijri Road then it is going to take a drive of 11-minute to reach the stop from Sector 17-A.
Residents can easily avail public transport near Sector 17-A, Scheme 33 Karachi from these bus stops.
Markets near SECTOR 17-A, SCHEME 33 KARACHI
Monday and Friday Bazaars are -at the distance of 8-minute drive from Sector 17-A via Moulana Yousuf Ludhianwi Shaheed Road. The Bazaars open at 9AM and close the functions around 9PM, on Monday and Friday. Residents can buy commodities at very reasonable prices here. These bazaars offer fresh vegetables and fruits, cutlery and crockery, apparels, toys for children, variety of shoes, plastic items and lot more.
Residents also enjoy the bazaar for its eateries and snack items like chaat, gol gappay, dahi baray, falooda and beverages like fresh juices and limca.
Other markets near Sector 17-A, Scheme 33 Karachi at the distance of 1 km to 7 km include:
- Waqar Supermarket is 2-minute drive away. Residents like it for the availability of stock in reasonable prices.
- Metro Cash and Carry is 17-minutes away from sector 17– A. This supermarket is a good option for family shopping. One can find house hold items, groceries, fresh and frozen vegetables, fresh and canned fruits, dairy products, frozen meat and sea food there. Apart from that, electronic gadgets and appliances, clothes, and sports-goods are also available in the store. The store also has a small cafeteria and an open-air parking facility.
Mosques near SECTOR 17-A, SCHEME 33 KARACHI
Memon Masjid is in Block M of North Nazimabad. It is at a commutable distance of 21-minute drive from Sector 17 –A. Residents can visit this masjid for Jummah Prayers and Eid Prayers as well.
There are three mosques near Sector 17-A, Scheme 33 Karachi in the proximity of 200 meters to 2 kilometres:
- Jama Masjid Hamidi is reachable at the walking distance of 3-minutes from Scheme 33 - Sector 17-A. Residents can pray at this mosque on regular days and Fridays.
- Masjid Owais Qarni can be reached by taking Suparco Road. It will take a drive of 7-minute to reach there.
- Masjid-e-Quba is at a distance of 6.1 kilometres.
- Masjid Al Quddus is an air-conditioned mosque. Residents can easily reach there by taking a drive of 8-minutes using Suparco Road and Hijri Road.
ISMAILI COMMUNITY CENTRE NEAR SECTOR 17-A, SCHEME 33 KARACHI
Ismaili Residents of Sector 17 A will not have to travel out of the area for daily prayers and community events. Ali Jiwani Jamatkhana is in Sector 17-B of Quetta Town. It will take a drive of 5-minutes to reach to the Jamatkhana. Residents can easily get there by driving through Suparco Road.
CHURCHES NEAR SECTOR 17-A, SCHEME 33 KARACHI
The Christian Community can take advantage of having easy accessibility of nearby churches because Seventh Day Adventist Church is in Block 9 of Pehlwan Goth. It is easily accessible by a 20-minute drive from Sector 17- A.
One of the country’s biggest Catholic Churches is in Karachi - St. Peter’s Church of Akhtar Colony is located 18.4 km away. Residents can use Lyari Expressway to reach there. This church has the capacity to occupy 3,800 worshippers in a single congregation.
Schools, Colleges And Universities in and near SECTOR 17-A, SCHEME 33 KARACHI
There are many schools near Sector 17-A, Scheme 33 Karachi in the proximity of 1 km to 7 km. Amongst them, most popular schools include:
- AAS Public School is in Sachal Goth. It is at the distance of 2.7 kilometres via Suparco Road. Residents can take an alternate route by Hijri Road which will make it 2.9 kilometres farther.
- The Smart School, Paradise Campus is easy to get to by taking a drive from Hijri Road. It is located 3.5 km away from sector 17-A. The school has about 170 campuses all over the country. The curriculum of this school is inspired by the UK National Curriculum. Academic programs at this school start from Kindergarten and go up to Matriculation.
- Education Trust Nasra School is a 12-minute drive away from Sector 17-A. It is one of the projects of late Nasra Wazir Ali. The school programs offer education from ECCE to Secondary Education. Secondary programs are affiliated with the Board of Secondary Education Karachi (BSEK) and Agha Khan University Examination Board (AKU-EB).
COLLEGES NEAR SECTOR 17-A, SCHEME 33 KARACHI
Beaconhouse College Campus is in Block 4 of Gulshan-e-Iqbal. It is at a distance of 4.8 kilometres by Hijri Road. Academic programs in this college are affiliated with Cambridge Board. This college offers A-Levels.
Some other public colleges near Sector 17-A are,
- Khatoon-e-Pakistan Government Degree College for Women is easily reachable via Lyari Expressway. It is just 21 kilometre away from the area. Programs offered in the college are FSC, F.A. and I.COM. Undergraduate programs are also offered in this college. The college also has a school on its premises. The school is an adopted project of Zindagi Trust, owned by Shehzad Roy who is a popular singer and a philanthropist.
- Government Degree Boys Science & Commerce College is located 5.9 kilometres away from the area. Residents can easily commute there by using Suparco Road. Alternate route such as Hijri Road will make it 8.4 kilometres farther from the area. This college is offering High School programs in arts, commerce, and science. Degree programs/Undergraduate programs can also be availed from this college.
UNIVERSITIES NEAR SECTOR 17-A, SCHEME 33 KARACHI
University road is a bank of Universities. There are many universities near sector 17-A, and amongst them the most prominent ones within the distance of 5 km to 15 km are:
- Sir Syed University of Engineering and Technology (SSUET) is on ST-16, University Road. The distance from the Sector 17-A, Scheme 33, Karachi to the university is 8.1 kilometres via Hijri Road. The university offers a variety of post-graduate and graduate programs in engineering and computer sciences. While business programs include Masters of Business Administration (MBA) and Bachelors of Business Administration (BBA). The university also offers e-learning programs in Quality Management, Salesforce, OS, and Databases. Information about these courses can be obtained from the official website of the university.
- Agha Khan University (AKU) is at the distance of 14.3 kilometres through University Road. The core mission of the university is to educate leaders and embody excellence. AKU also believes in pluralism and creating solutions for development. The university offers a number of postgraduate and undergraduate programs in the field of medical science. Diploma in nursing and midwifery can also be obtained from AKU.
- Federal Urdu University of Arts, Sciences and Technology is just 8.5 kilometres away from the sector 17-A, Scheme 33, Karachi. This university is also known as Urdu University. Academic programs in the university are offered in the field of arts, business, economics, Islamic studies, law, education, medical science, and technology. These programs lie under the categories of graduate and undergraduate programs.
Banks NEAR SECTOR 17-A, SCHEME 33 KARACHI
Residents of the scheme 33 sector 17-A will have easy access to all the nearby banks, so they can carry on their daily transactions quite easily. Some close by banks in the proximity of 1 km to 5 km include:
- Fist Micro Finance Bank is reachable by the use of Suparco Road. It takes a drive of 5-minute from society to reach there. The bank offers a number of services and among those services, Housing Finance Product is the most highlighted one, which means that the bank provides small loans for construction of room, house renovation services like plumbing and hygiene, also for installation of any electrical appliance or system.
- Meezan Bank is easy to get to by taking Moulana Yousuf Ludhianwi Shaheed Road. It is just 2.9 kilometres away from the area. The bank is also reachable by Karachi-Hyderabad Motorway which will make it 4.9 kilometres farther.
- Faysal Bank Limited is situated at the distance of 5.0 kilometres via Karachi-Hyderabad Motorway. The bank offers a number of services amongst which Bancassurance Solutions stands highlighted the most. Through this menu, the bank offers different investment plans for future savings.
K-Electric grid station and KE complaint centre are at a distance of 850 metres from the area. Residents can visit the complaint centre for any inconvenience regarding power-supply. They can also install solar panels and get uninterrupted power-supply without having to pay any bill, or they can also opt for installing backup generators and UPS in their houses if they do not have the space to install solar panels.
Clinics and Hospitals in and near sector 17-A, scheme 33 Karachi
Liaquat National Hospital is at the distance of 16.1 km through University Road. It facilitates the patients for 24-hours emergencies. Apart from that, the hospital has facilities for radiology, operation theatres, and laboratory. There’s a pharmacy inside the premises of the hospital as well. The hospital has an estimate of 700-beds.
A number of clinical services can also be obtained from this hospital including Dentistry, Paediatrics, Orthopaedics, Oncology, Dermatology, Endocrinology, and ENT. Other services can easily be studied through the website of the hospital. Liaquat National Hospital has separate wards for ICU, Females, Males, and Children. The hospital claims to be a Non-Profitable Organization.
List of clinics and hospitals near sector 17-A, scheme 33 Karachi in the estimated distance of 3 km to 17 km comprises of:
- Agha Khan University Hospital is easy to get to via University Road. It is only 12.9 km away from Sector 17-A. The Hospital is certified by ISO 9002. AKUH is a model for many private and public hospitals in the country. Residents highly rely on the experts of this hospital. It has the capacity to facilitate 500 patients at a time in different wards. Emergency services are also provided throughout the day and night. The hospital also arranges for an ambulance in the case of emergency. Appointments can be made both ways, online and on call. Information on the schedule of doctors can be obtained from the official website of the Hospital. Services like pharmacy and laboratory can also be availed in AKUH.
- Al-Rehman Medical Centre (Eye Hospital) is a charity based eye hospital. The hospital provides a number of services and provides medicines at a 10% discount to the needy ones. Residents can easily reach there in 9-minutes by taking a drive through Hijri Road.
PROPERTIES IN sector 17-A, scheme 33 Karachi
Sales Price Trends in sector 17-A, scheme 33 Karachi
There are different types of properties in sector 17-A. Given framework will help you decide and make a deal according to your need.
Houses for Sale in sector 17-A, Scheme 33 Karachi
There are different houses for sale in Sector 17-A, Scheme 33 Karachi in different housing societies. These houses range from 2 bedrooms' houses with 2 baths to 6 bedrooms with 6 baths. Buying house of 120 Sq. Yd will cost about 1 crore to 2 crores. While houses for 140 Sq. Yd and 400 Sq. Yd can range from 1.5 crores to 3.35 crores. The societies 6 in Scheme 33 include the projects with the name of State Bank of Pakistan Housing Society, Punjabi Saudagar Society, Madras Town, and Pakistan Scientists Cooperative Housing Society.
Flats for Sale in sector 17-A, Scheme 33 Karachi
Apartments are available for sale in this area. These apartments usually consist of 2 bedrooms to 6 bedrooms. The price of these apartments ranges from 27 lakh to 1.2 crores. The area of these apartments can vary from 400 Sq. Ft to 1,200 Sq. Ft.
Plots for Sale in sector 17-A, Scheme 33 Karachi
Plots in Scheme 33, Sector 17-A can be found in the area of 120 Sq. Yd and 200 Sq. Yd. While, you can also buy plots of 240 Sq. Yd at reasonable rates. For people looking for bigger investments, 400 Sq. Yd, option is also there and the list goes up to 1000 Sq. Yd. These plots are available for Residential, Commercial and Agricultural use. Buying plots in sector 17-A can beneficial for future investments. The prize of these plots start from 30 lakh and goes up to 8 crores.
Rent Price Trends in sector 17-A, scheme 33 Karachi
Rent prices in sector 17-A, Scheme 33 Karachi can vary due for many factors. The given information will assist you in making a decision.
Houses for Rent in sector 17-A, Scheme 33 Karachi
Houses of 3 bedrooms with 3 bathrooms are available for rent in the price range of 28 thousand to 36 thousand. 4 bedroom house with 4 bathrooms are available in the price range of 40, 000 PKR to 55, 000 PKR. While houses with 6 bedrooms can be found for rent in the price range of 55, 000 PKR to 1.1 lakh. These houses are available for rent in Sector 17-A, Scheme 33 Karachi.
Flats for Rent in Sector 17-A, Scheme 33 Karachi
2 bedroom apartments are available for rent in Sector 17-A as well as some 3-bed options. The rent prices of these apartments vary from the range of 16,000 PKR to 28, 000 PKR. These apartments are available in State Bank of Pakistan Housing Society and Madras Cooperative Housing Society.
Commercial properties in sector 17-A can lie in the area starting from 11 Square Yards to 1000 Square Yards. You may buy commercial properties within the price anywhere between PKR 12 lakh to PKR 12 crore.
Offices and Shops in Sector 17 – A can be rented within the price range of 6 thousand to 85 thousand.
Most Popular Sectors to buy property in Scheme 33 Karachi
According to Zameen trends, among most popular sectors for buying properties in Scheme 33, sector 17-A is at the top. This area is in the heart of the scheme 33, which means all the banks, restaurants, schools, colleges and universities are nearby to it.
Since, it is close to Karachi-Hyderabad Motorway, so all the nearby cities will also be easily accessible to its residents. Also, the fact that it is only 34-minute drive away from National Highway (N-5), makes it desirable for most people. While according to the rental property trends of Scheme 33, Sector 17-A on the third number.
SHOPPING, RESTAURANTS AND BAKERIES
Malls in sector 17-A, scheme 33 Karachi
Arainz-The Women Store is a nearby solution for all the shopping needs of the women. It is easily accessible by taking a drive of 15-minute via Suparco Road and University Road. This store operates throughout the week, although the timings may vary for Sunday and Friday. Functional timings of the store on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Saturday are 12:00 PM-12:00 AM. While the store remains open from 03:00 PM to 12:00 AM on Sunday and Friday.
Some other substitute shopping malls near sector 17-A, scheme 33 Karachi, within the distance of 5 km to 10 km are,
- Saima Paari Mall is in North Nazimabad. It is a centrally air-conditioned mall. The mall has a variety of outlets of many desired brands ranging in clothes, footwear, cosmetics and jewellery. Other amenities at the mall include a food court, a prayer area, and also a parking space. The commute time from sector 17-A to the mall is a mere drive of 22 minutes.
- Millenium Mall is in Gulistan-e-Johar. It is situated at a distance of 11.3 km. It is accessible by Rashid Minhas Road from Sector 17-A, Scheme 33. This shopping mall also has a multiplex cinema and a food court. A variety of food-outlets can be found in the food court of the shopping mall.
Restaurants And Bakeries in Sector 17-A, Scheme 33 Karachi
There are a number of restaurants near sector 17-A, scheme 33. Food On Restaurant is 1.1 km away from the area. The restaurant has a number of dine-in options including Barbecue Rolls, Burgers, French Fries, Fried Chicken, and Sajji. Apart from these items, the restaurant also serves barbecue. Residents mostly put an up-vote for their hot beverages like tea and qahwa.
A list of other nearby restaurants within the drive of 1 km to 2 km includes:
- Pizza Bar for a variety of Pizzas. It is situated at a distance of 1.2 km from sector 17-A. The restaurant also offers take-away and delivery services.
- Al-Haram Pakwan Sheermal & Bar.B.Q is reachable by taking a drive of 5-minute from the area.
- Baltistan Restaurant is situated at the distance of 1.5 km away from scheme 33, sector 17-A. The ambiance of the restaurant is inspired by Dhaba style. The seating arrangement is in open-air. One can get dishes from the range of Karahi, Vegetables, and Lentils.
Rose Bakery is in Karachi University Housing Society. It is at a walkable distance of 12-minutes from sector 17-A. Popular snack items like nimco, namakpara, samosas, rolls, and ice-creams are available in the bakery. The bakery also offers out-door seating for dine-in. Confectionary items are also available in the bakery.
OUTDOOR ACTIVITIES, FITNESS AND BEAUTY
Parks and Clubs in Sector 17-A, Scheme 33 Karachi
Karachi University Society Park is located at a distance of 2.5 km from Sector 17-A, Scheme 33 Karachi. The park also has a jogging track. Residents admire this park for being kid’s friendly and wheel-chair friendly. A number of swings are available for kids as well.
Residents of sector 17-A can also opt for Aladdin Park for some adventures. It is only 19-minute drive away from the area. The vicinity of Aladdin Park consists of Aladdin Shopping Mall, Aladdin Water-Park, different cafes and restaurants, and Aladdin Amusement Park. Residents can have a quality day out with their families while enjoying food, shopping and different adventures in the amusement park.
Some other parks near sector 17-A within the distance of 1 km to 2 km include:
- Pakistan Scientists CHS, Park can be reached by taking a walk of 210 metres from the area. Residents can relax on the green grass or have a peaceful evening walk in the park.
- Amna Park is at a distance of 1.2 km from sector 17-A via Suparco Road. Residents can visit the park for a peaceful evening.
Salons and Spas near sector 17-A, Scheme 33 Karachi
Whether it is a minimal hair trim or a transforming make-over; all salon services can easily be availed at the proximity of 2 km to 5 km from sector 17-A:
- Kenny’s Beauty Salon is in Ali Heights. Residents can easily reach there by taking a drive of 12 minutes using Hijri Road. The salon operates in two shifts throughout the week. One shift is from 11: AM to 6:00 PM. Another shift starts from 8:30 PM and ends at 11:00 PM. Visitors put an up-vote for their Hair-Extenso and other hair-styling services.
- SABA beauty Salon is in Memon Nagar. It is easily accessible by Moulana Yousuf Ludianwi Shaheed Road. This salon offers a number of services and visitors like it for a welcoming environment. While the commute time from sector 17-A to the Salon is just at a 6-minute drive.
Sector 17-A, Scheme 33 is a neighbouring scheme of Pakistan Scientists Cooperative Housing Society, Madras Cooperative Housing Society, and Gwalior Cooperative Housing Society. Therefore, the residents will have easy access to the other nearby amenities and necessities including:
- Jinnah International Airport is just 32 minutes’ drive away from Sector 17-A.
- Malir Cantt Station is at a distance of 29-minute drive from Scheme 33, Sector 17-A
- Gulshan-e-Iqbal is a neighbouring area. It is reachable by a 21-minute drive via Karachi-Hyderabad Motorway.
- Gulistan-e-Jauhar is situated only at an 18-minute drive from sector 17-A.
- Gulshan-e-Kaneez Fatima is an 8-minute drive away via Hijri Road.
THINGS TO CONSIDER
Residents of scheme 33 will have access to a number of universities. Also, the commute time and expense to these universities will be lesser in comparison with other areas. It is an attractive scheme for middle-income households and it is nearby to many affordable hospitals including Liaquat National Hospital.
Importance of sector 17-A, scheme 33 Karachi from major locations nearby
- Neighbouring to Superhighway and National Highway
- Gulshan-e-Iqbal is situated within the distance of 7 km
- Just a 25-minute drive away from Nazimabad
- Buffer Zone is easily accessible via Superhighway and Rashid Minhas Road