ABOUT SHARAH-E-QAIDEEN, KARACHI
Sharah-e-Qaideen is an important stretch of road that connects Shahrah-e-Faisal Road and M.A. Jinnah Road, the two major roads in Karachi that are crucial for reaching anywhere in the city. It bypasses major roads such as Tariq Road, Kashmir Road and New M.A. Jinnah Road until it finally connects with M. A Jinnah Road towards the west end. Sharah-e-Quaideen stretches for approximately 3 km, housing prominent buildings like Bahria Town Tower, Nadra Executive Registration Centre and the city's most notable landmark: Jinnah Mausoleum.
In 5 minutes you can reach the flourishing localities of Pakistan Employees Cooperative Housing Society (PECHS) and Sindhi Muslim Cooperative Housing Society (SMCHS) where you can easily access notable schools, colleges, gyms, eateries and salons. Tariq Road is just a turn away on the opposite side within the same distance.
Other than that residents of Sharah-e-Qaideen can also access areas like Bahadurabad, Saddar and Dhoraji, which are famous as shopping and eatery hubs within a drive of 10 minutes. This guide gives distance estimates calculated from NADRA Executive Registration Centre located on Sharah-e-Qaideen for the sake of better understanding. Let’s find out below everything that this road offers to its residents:
AT A GLANCE
- Link between Sharah-e-Faisal and M.A Jinnah Road
- Favorable location that gives close access to other flourishing neighborhoods
- Thriving commercial centers located on the main road
- Surrounded by notable schools and colleges
- Prominent universities a short drive away
- Availability of banks, mosques and markets nearby
- Access to famous restaurants and cafes
- Major hospitals nearby
- Surrounded by popular markets and grocery stores
FACILITIES, SCHOOLS AND HEALTHCARE
Public Transport near Sharah-e-Qaideen, Karachi
If you’d like to take public transport for any reason, as a resident of Sharah-e-Qaideen you will find options in the vicinity, albeit at a short drive. Within 5 minutes you can reach the Tariq Road Bus Stop located on Tariq Road or the FTC or Nursery Bus Stop located on Sharah-e-Faisal from where you can easily find a bus route to your destination or a rickshaw.
Some bus routes that pass through the Tariq Road Bus Stop include the following:
- S-2 begins its route from Korangi 100 quarter and passing through Tariq Road, Shaheed-e-Millat Road, Jail Road and Hassan Square among other areas ends it in Ayub Goth
- Data Coach starts the route from KDA Site Office and passes through Bahadurabad, Tariq Road, Society Graveyard, Sharah-e-Qaideen, Nursery and FTC among other stops until eventually concluding it at Abdullah Shah Ghazi. It also stops at Cantt Station
- Safari Coach starts taking passengers from Maroora Goth and passes through Purani Sabzi Mandi, Shaheed-e-Millat road, Tariq Road, Sharah-e-Qaideen, Gora Qabristan among other areas eventually concluding the route at Mianwali Colony
Other than that you can also avail public transport using one of several app based services. With the tap of your finger you can book yourself a private car ride or book a seat on the mass commute bus service that operates from stop to stop within the city.
For intercity travel, you will find that you can either take a bus or train to your desired location. At a drive of 9 minutes you can reach Mansfield Street from where you can find a coach or bus to one of several destinations. One of the most frequently used bus services Daewoo Express and Faisal Movers that have comfortable coaches for road travel have their terminal pick up points on M.A Jinnah Road in Central Jacob Lines, at the same distance.
If you’d like to travel by train you will find that Cantt Railway Station Karachi lies within a drive of 15 minutes on Dr. Daud Pota Road. You can book your train ticket via their website or in person by going to the station.
Markets near Sharah-e-Qaideen, Karachi
Residents living on Sharah-e-Qaideen will find that there are many markets that are accessible at a short drive for different purposes. Driving onto Tariq Road brings you to one of the city’s oldest and most thriving commercial markets for shopping. Here you cannot only access salons and parlors but shop at local stores for apparel, footwear, toys, accessories and the like. Some famous shops you can locate here include Bata, Borjan, Jafferjees, Sanaulla Store, and Zubaida’s Family Shop among many others including famous gold jewelry shops. For wedding shopping, you can explore Rabi Center on this road for the latest trends or try one of the boutiques lined on either side of the road.
If you are looking for furniture for your home you can access Nursery Furniture Market located in commercial area PECHS. You can find several showrooms here with the latest furniture designs and trends. If you don’t like something, you can find vendors who take custom orders.
If it’s time to change your sofa fabric or curtains you can access the KMC Curtain Market located in Block A, SMCHS. You can find a large variety of fabric here at reasonable prices. You can also get stitching and upholstering services from the shop you choose to buy the fabric from.
In Bahadurabad, you will find many different shops for toys, clothes and stationary spread all over. You can drive to Qurtaba Market in this locality where you can find a large variety of clothes for all occasions. It is best known for embroidered clothes and clothes matching and laces. However, you will also find shops for jewelry, cosmetics and accessories as well as tailors.
Within 15 minutes you can drive to Zainab Market located on Abdullah Haroon Road. It is another old bazaar, which you might find congested but it is regarded as one of the best places to find reasonable apparel for all ages. There are antique and jewelry shops as well.
Apart from markets there are supermarkets in the vicinity as well where you can go for groceries. These supermarkets which are reachable within a drive of 5-15 minutes are mentioned below:
- You can access Imtiaz Super Market, Tariq Road on Sir Syed Road in Block 3, PECHS. Imtiaz is one of the largest retail stores having a presence in other cities as well. You can find a large variety of groceries of various brands and other items here including cosmetics, jewelry and apparel. Another branch of Imtiaz Super Market is located on Shaheed-e-Millat Expressway in Bahadurabad.
- You can have a pleasant shopping experience at Naheed Super Market as well located on Main Shaheed-e-Millat Road. You can shop for baby clothes and accessories, electronics and kitchen items among other household groceries quite conveniently. Adjacent Naheed, you can also visit Chase Up Super Market
- You can go to Spar Pakistan Super Market as well for groceries. It is located on Alamgir Road in Sharfabad. Furthermore, you will find Chase Up on Kashmir Road while further ahead near Jail Chowangi you can also shop at Chase Jail Chowrangi
Mosques, Churches and Temples near Sharah-e-Qaideen, Karachi
To offer the five daily prayers you can find many mosques near Shahrah-e-Qaideen that you can walk to. In 5 minutes you can access Masjid Khalid Bin Waleed on Dr. Asghar Qadir Street in Block 2, PECHS. Other mosques within a 10 minute walk that you can visit include Jamia Masjid Rehmania off Tariq Road in Society Qabristan, Masjid Akbar near Hanif Rajput Society Office and Al Falah Masjid located on Al-Falah Road.
Some more mosques that are accessible nearby within a drive of 5-10 minutes include the following:
- You can go to Jama Masjid Qadria Allama Ashfaq Madani in Four Square in Block 2, PECHS while Madina Masjid is located on main Tariq Road
- Noor Masjid can be found on Allama Iqbal Road while Qaideen Masjid is accessible on Sharah-e-Qaideen near Shara-e-Faisal Police Chowki
- Masjid-e-Ghousia which also has a madressah is located opposite The Educators (Ghausia Campus)
There are quite a few churches near Sharah-e-Qaideen where you can go for prayer or mass on Sunday. These churches where you can drive to within 5-10 minutes are mentioned below:
- Christ the King Church can be located in Dadabhai No.2, Catholic Colony, Block 1, PECHS
- St. Patrick’s Cathedral Karachi is located on Shahrah-e-Iraq, Saddar which is one of the oldest, largest and structurally beautiful cathedrals in the city
- St. Lawrence’s Church is located in Soldier Bazaar, Garden East
Other churches close by that you can reach in 11-12 minutes by car include Holy Trinity Cathedral located on Fatima Jinnah Road near Civil Lines, St. Andrew’s Church located on Zaibunnisa Street and Brooks Memorial Church on Depot Road. Nearby, you can also visit The Salvation Army Church.
Within a distance of 4 km there are a few temples near Sharah-e-Qaideen that you can drive to. You can visit Ram Mandir located on Evergreen Road in Shikarpur Colony or you can go to Panchmukhi Hanuman Temple located in Soldier Bazaar No. 3 Mahtab Colony. NAV-Ranuja Mandir is also an option to visit for prayers located in K.M.C Staff Quarters on Mukhi Choithram Road in Soldier Bazar No. 1, Muslimabad. Another temple that you can visit within the same distance is Shree Mahaveer Hanuman Temple in Rambagh Quarters on Sharah-e-Liaquat.
At a distance of 6-7 km by car, you can visit Narayan Mandir located in Seari Quarters and Devi Mata Temple located on Adamjee Dawood Street in Jodia Market.
Schools, Colleges And Universities near Sharah-e-Qaideen, Karachi
Living on Sharah-e-Qaideen brings peace of mind to residents, especially families with school-going children. Whether it’s one of the leading private schools or the well-regarded, years old convents, you can access many schools within a short drive of 5-10 minutes.
Let’s begin with The City School, which is a behemoth when it comes to private schools in the country. Leading its students towards developing the right mindset to conquer challenges in coming times, The City School focuses on extracurricular as much as conventional study. The school enrolls students from playgroup and conducts classes up till Matric and/or A-levels.
You can locate The City Nursery-11 SMCHS and The City Kindergarten School on Masjid-e-Tayyaba Road in Block A, SMCHS. The City School Prep Girls PECHS and The City School PECHS Junior Girls are located on Syed Sajjad Haider Yaldram Road, while you can locate The City School PECHS Junior Branch on Khushal Road. The City School PECHS Junior Boys branch can be found on Hali Road in Block 2, PECHS. You can also drive to The City School-PAF Chapter in 10 minutes located on Shaheed-e-Millat Road.
Another notable school that you can consider is PECHS Girls’ School located off Sharah-e-Qaideen on Enver Adil Road No.10 in Block 2, PECHS. The School was founded in 1955 while it started its college in 1961, which today is a government institution. For admission in years 1-3 the school only interviews parents while for admission in years 4-8 admission test and parent’s interview, both are conducted.
Another private school to consider which has been running since years is Beaconhouse School System (BSS). It initiated in Lahore in 1975 and today has a number of branches all over the country in most cities as well as internationally. The school provides education to children in early years, primary and middle school as well as matriculation, CIE O level and IGCSE.
BSS differentiates itself through its practical learning approaches and co-curricular which includes sports, education trips, internships, clubs and societies. You can locate the Beaconhouse School PECHS Primary 1 campus in Block A, SMCHS and the Beaconhouse School KG-1 campus in Block 6, PECHS. Another branch is located on Dr. Mahmood Hussain Road in Block 3, PECHS while you can locate Beaconhouse KG-II campus on Dr Abdus Salaam Road in Block 2, PECHS
Other schools that you can locate in the vicinity in Block 2, PECHS include the following:
- Hamdard Public School Branch and The Academy PECHS are located on Kashmir Road
- You can locate Nakhlah School Girls Campus on Allama Iqbal Road while on Hali Road you can visit The Anchorage School Campus-II. The Anchorage School Campus-I is located on Hamid Hussain Farooqi Road
- The Smart School Superior 2 Campus is located on Khushal Road while The Smart School Al Hassan Campus is located near Hamid Hussain Farooqi Road. Nearby, you can also locate The Educators Ghousia Campus
- Usman Public School System Campus 4 can be located near Epharm Laboraties Head Office
- The Accel School is located near Dr Abdus Salaam Road
In Block 6, PECHS you can locate Jaffar Public School on Abdul Sattar Masti Khan Road while the kindergarten branch is located on Dr. Mahmood Hussain Road. You can find Head Start School System near Chinese Consulate while Bayview Academy PECHS is located off Razi Road.
To enroll your child in a convent school you will find that St. Joseph’s Convent School and St. Patrick’s Girls’ High School are located near Mubarak Shaheed Road. On Iqbal Shaheed Road in Karachi Cantonment, you can locate Army Public School & College as well within the same distance. You will find that within a drive of 15 minutes you can also reach Bai Virbaiji Soparivala Parsi High School located on Main Abdullah Haroon Road in Saddar.
Within a drive of 5-10 minutes you can locate a number of colleges for Intermediate or A-level education. Let’s take a look at a few options below:
- Government Islamia Science College is located on Jigar Muradabadi Road in Jamshed Quarters
- You can locate Admjee Govt. Science College on Business Recorder Road in Soldier Bazaar, Garden East. Established in 1961, it is a notable institution in the city
- Govt Islamia College for Women can be located on New M.A Jinnah Road in Central Jacob Lines
- St. Joseph’s College for Women is situated on St Patrick Street while St. Patrick’s College is also located nearby on Mubarak Shaheed Road
- Rayden College can be found in Block 6, PECHS for A-levels education while Reads School & College PECHS is located on Dr. Mahmood Husain Road in the same block. Foundation Public School A levels branch can also be found within the same block.
Whether you would like to pursue business studies, medical or arts, a university that offers these programs can be accessed near Sharah-e-Qaideen, within a short drive of 5-10 minutes. On Main Sharah-e-Faisal Road in Block 6, PECHS you can visit Hamdard University PECHS City Campus. The university offers programs at undergraduate, graduate and postgraduate levels in various faculties such as law, social sciences and humanities, pharmacy, management sciences, medical and engineering.
Nearby, in the same block, you can also locate National University of Computer & Emerging Sciences also known as FAST University–City Campus. The main campus is a purpose built facility located on the National Highway. However, the programs offered at the city campus include MBA and MS in various fields such as computer networks, electrical engineering, software project management, data science and computer science.
You can also find Dawood University of Engineering & Technology on New M.A Jinnah Road in Jamshed Quarters, Muslimabad while Karachi Institute of Economics and Technology (KIET), also known as PAF-KIET, is located in Block 6, PECHS. The university offers degree programs in management sciences, computing & information sciences, engineering, media & arts, and science & technology
Some other notable universities that you can reach within a drive of 15 minutes are mentioned below:
- Jinnah Sindh Medical University (JSMU) is located on Rafiqi H J Road in Karachi Cantonment. You can pursue your degree in medical, public health, pharmaceutical sciences, health & business management, oral health sciences, family medicine or nursing
- Aga Khan University is another medical institution which you can access on National Stadium Road while just opposite you can locate Karachi School of Business & Leadership
- You can pursue business studies at IBA City Campus located on Kiyani Shaheed Road in Saddar
Banks near Sharah-e-Qaideen, Karachi
If you’re looking for banking services near Sharah-e-Qaideen you need not worry as many banks are located at a walking distance. Within 10 minutes you can access Meezan Bank, United Bank Limited, and First Women Bank Limited on the main road. Other banks are accessible within a drive of 5-10 minutes. These include:
- National Bank of Pakistan (NBP) is located on Kashmir Road while you can locate Bank Islami in Block A, SMCHS and Habib Bank Limited-Nursery Branch in Block 6, PECHS
- You can drive to branches of NBP, Bank Al Habib, Meezan Bank, Dubai Islamic Bank, Summit Bank, United Bank Limited and Faysal Bank on Tariq Road
- On Allama Iqbal Road you can locate branches of JS Bank, Habib Metro Bank, and Soneri Bank while you can visit Allied Bank Limited on Khalid Bin Waleed Road
- You can drive to Bank Alfalah on Sir Syed Road among other banks nearby such as Meezan Bank and Habib Metropolitan Bank
Clinics and Hospitals near Sharah-e-Qaideen, Karachi
There are clinics near Sharah-e-Qaideen that you can walk to within 5-10 minutes, for different purposes. For dental problems you can go to Nafisa Dental Surgery and Orthodontic Clinic or Shadab Clinic for general health problems for children and adults located on Masjid-e-Tayyaba Street. A hair transplant clinic with the name of MAXIM Hair Restoration is accessible on Allah Wali Chowrangi while nearby you can also locate a Laser Eye Clinic. You can walk to Al-Ain Institute of Eye Diseases on Sharah-e-Qaideen service road while Dr. Shareef Homeopathic Clinic is located near Muhammad Khan Street.
Other clinics that you can drive to within 10 minutes include the following:
- Al Rafia Clinic is situated in the lane next to Allama Iqbal Road while nearby in Sunnar Gali you can locate Cure Homeopathy & Herbal Clinic
- You can visit Dr. Saeeda Ashraf Clinic on Hali Road
- You can locate Institute of Orthopaedics & Surgery on Main Sharah-e-Qaideen towards Sharah-e-Faisal Road
Living on Sharah-e-Qaideen you will find that there many hospitals nearby that you can drive to in case of emergency within 10 minutes. On Jail Road in Hyderabad Colony you can go to Osmania General Hospital. The hospital’s official name is Hyderabad Trust Osmania Hospital and began in 1950 as part of The Hyderabad Relief and Rehabilitation Trust. Zakat deserving patients are treated for free at the hospital. There are 24-hour services for emergency, laboratory, X-ray facility and pharmacy while there are outpatient clinics as well as an NICU, Labor Room and Operation Theater.
Another hospital that you can visit is Zainab Panjwani Memorial Hospital located on Mohammad Ali Habib Road. Established since 1994 you can find an emergency department, OPD Clinic, Consultant Clinics among other services. The hospital also provides an MCPS Training in Obstetrics & Gynaecology recognized by College of Physicians & Surgeons Pakistan which is a 2 year programme. Applicants are selected on merit through a written test and interview.
Other hospitals in the vicinity within the same distance are as follows:
- Rabia Moon Memorial Institute of Neurosciences Trust is located in Block 2, PECHS near Dr Abdus Salaam Road
- Neurospinal & Cancer Care Institute is located on Mansfield Street while opposite Capri Cinema you can also visit Hamdard University Hospital
- Hashmanis Hospital is located on Madina Road while on Business Recorder Road you can also visit Fatima Bai Hospital
- You can go to Liaquat National Hospital and Medical College located on National Stadium Road which is a private hospital having all facilities including an emergency department
- You can visit United Hospital on Shaheed-e-Millat service road in Al Riaz Society. Adjacent to it you can also choose Hill Park General Hospital for a visit
PROPERTIES ON SHARAH-E-QAIDEEN, KARACHI
Sales Price Trends on Sharah-e-Qaideen, Karachi
For those of you interested in properties on Sharah-e-Qaideen, below is an overview of the sale price trends for properties available here. However, it’s important to keep in mind that the below prices are subject to change as market shifts.
Houses for Sale on Sharah-e-Qaideen, Karachi
Sharah-e-Qaideen is quite a bustling and well-established locality so it might be difficult to find a house for sale in the vicinity. However, among the available houses, you can find an 8 marla house for as much as PKR 5.5 crore. Houses for sale on Sharah-e-Qaideen, Karachi however can fluctuate between PKR 1 crore and 15 crore depending on the size, construction and no. of rooms in the house.
Flats for Sale on Sharah-e-Qaideen, Karachi
Flats for Sale on Sharah-e-Qaideen, Karachi are available. You can find a flat between PKR 1.6 crore and PKR 2.7 crore. Newly constructed or slightly older flats with 2, 3 or 4 bedrooms are available for sale.
Plots for Sale on Sharah-e-Qaideen, Karachi
You can find plots for sale on Sharah-e-Qaideen, Karachi. These are mostly commercial plots of 1 marla, 20 marla or beyond. For instance, you can purchase an 11 marla commercial plot for PKR 17.5 crore.
Rent Price Trends on Sharah-e-Qaideen, Karachi
If you’re looking to rent property on Sharah-e-Qaideen, Karachi below is an over of the rent price trends in this area. However, these prices may change subject to market changes.
Houses for Rent on Sharah-e-Qaideen, Karachi
Houses for rent on Sharah-e-Qaideen, Karachi are available. You can rent a 6 or 7 bedroom house between PKR 85 thousand and PKR 3 lakh on this centralized location which gives access to many facilities and amenities in the surroundings.
Flats for Rent on Sharah-e-Qaideen, Karachi
You can find flats for rent on Sharah-e-Qaideen, Karachi as well. 3 bedroom flats in the vicinity can be rented for as low as PKR 55 thousand and as high as PKR 85 thousand. Rents for flats normally depend on the upkeep of the flat and general prevailing rates in the surrounding areas affected by proximity to commercial areas and facilities. Rents of flourishing neighborhoods that have access to amenities tend to be generally higher than others.
Commercial Properties on Sharah-e-Qaideen, Karachi
Commercial properties for sale or rent are available on Sharah-e-Qaideen for office or shop use. You can buy an 8 marla commercial property on the main road for as much as PKR 13 crore. If you’re looking to rent a shop you will find that prices lie between PKR 30 thousand and PKR 5 lakh depending on the size and location of shops. Front facing shops tend to have higher rents than those located at the backside of the road.
Similarly, you can also rent an office space on Sharah-e-Qaideen. Office rents can begin at PKR 25 thousand for less property of less than 1 kanal and go up to PKR 7.5 lakh for a space of more than 1 kanal.
SHOPPING, RESTAURANTS, AND BAKERIES
Malls near Sharah-e-Qaideen, Karachi
The closest mall that you can visit living on Sharah-e-Qaideen is Dolmen Mall Tariq Road, which is one of the best shopping malls in Karachi. It fulfills shopping and entertainment purposes for all ages. Located on Tariq Road, you can reach this spot within a drive of 10 minutes. You can find various local and international brands of apparel, footwear, perfumes, watches, and accessories. Once you’re done with shopping you can sit down at the food court to eat as well. You can find many options from fast food, Chinese, to continental and steaks including ice cream stalls at the food court. There’s something to cater to every taste there. If not for specifically shopping, you can visit the mall for your children to play at Sindbad. It has various arcade games and a soft play area as well to keep them engaged.
Another mall that you can explore in the vicinity is Atrium Mall located on Ghazanfar Ali Road in Saddar. You can find factory outlets of many brands in this mall among other shops that display the latest trends in fashion. It also has a cinema and a food court.
Other malls that you can explore include the following:
- In 15 minutes by car you can visit Millennium Mall located in Gulistan-e-Johar. You can find a large variety of shops here as well as restaurants. Adjacent to it you can also shop at Saima Square One Mall
- Within a drive of 20 minutes you can visit Lucky One Mall which also has most local and international stores, a food court and Onederland that has games, a soft play area and other rides spread over two floors
- At a drive of 25 minutes you can reach Dolmen Mall Clifton, which is another mall that brings many attractions under one roof. From shopping to groceries, food and children’s play area you will find everything
Restaurants and Bakeries near Sharah-e-Qaideen, Karachi
When it comes to finding a place to enjoy an out-of-home meal, residents will find that there are many restaurants near Sharah-e-Qaideen that they can consider, for a good experience. Just opposite the road you can go to Noorani Kabab House to indulge in mouthwatering BBQ among other dishes.
While you can walk to the nearest restaurants in SMCHS in 6 minutes, it’s not the best option when you’re dressed up. You can drive there in 3 minutes to explore many options starting with Bam-Bou that serves Chinese dishes to others such as Koffie Chalet and Del Frio which are known for their grilled chicken dishes. Other options here include Nando’s, Ginsoy- Extreme Chinese Restaurant, Subway and Burger Lab. If you skip the turn onto Captain Farid Bukhari Shaheed Road for all these options you can instead choose to drive to McDonald’s located near the signal. It is one of the busiest branches where you can enjoy breakfast, lunch or dinner. Further ahead on Sharah-e-Qaideen you can also enjoy your food at B&B Café & Restaurant which has a mix of options for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
Other than that, you can drive towards Tariq Road as well and explore many options within 5-10 minutes. You can go to Yuan Tung Restaurant or New Little China near Jafferjees on main Tariq Road, Red Apple Tariq Road, La Chine or Mandi Al Khaleej on Allama Iqbal Road while Ridan House of Mandi on Khalid Bin Waleed Road is also an option. On Shaheed-e-Millat Expressway, at the same distance you can also find Tavern Grill, Pizza One, 14th Street Pizza, Kababjees, Bait Al Mandi and Domino’s Pizza towards the west while on the east side you can visit Mandi House, Burger Lab, Pizza Hut and The Grill House. Nearby, on Jamaluddin Afghani Road you can have a bite at KBC or Ibn-e-Battuta while at Char Minar Chowrangi you can find many more options for fast food, Chinese and pizza.
In 10 minutes you can also drive to the restaurants located on Karsaz Service Road such as Chaupal, Rosati Bistro or Lal Qila. On Ghazi Salahuddin Road you can try out Kaybees Snacks & Restaurant, KFC, Pizza Hut and Wimpy’s among other options.
In 15 minutes you can drive to one of the most famous and oldest food streets known for its stalls of gola ganda, chaat and soup on Ghazi Salahuddin Road near National Stadium Road in Dhoraji.
If you would like to gather with your friends or family for dinner, you can do so at Port Grand, located within a drive of 20 minutes opposite PNSC Building. Not only does it bring you many options for restaurants of your liking such as Afridi Inn and Gaffar Kabab House but other recreational activities as well. You can go boating or enter the haunted house which gives a good scare. There are games and rides for children as well as stalls where you can purchase souvenirs and jewelry.
If you’d like to enjoy a casual meal with friends or chit chat over coffee you can choose one of the cafes in SMCHS such as Vintage Café, New York Coffee or Gloria Jean’s Coffees. You can also drive to Elemento Caffe on Hamid Hussain Farooqi Road in 6 minutes or Café Dervesh on Mahmood Ghavnazi Road.
Within a 10 minute drive you can gather with your friends at Tipu Sultan Road where there are many good options for a tasty snack or meal. You can choose to have doughnuts and coffee at Dunkin’ Donuts or hang out at Espresso, Chop Chop Wok, Xander’s or Bonsai among other options. Other cafes that you can try include the following:
- Filli Café is located on Khalid Bin Waleed Road that you can reach in 11 minutes by car.
- You can drive to Café Liquiteria in 6 minutes located on Shaheed-e-Millat Road.
- In 13 minutes you can reach Chotu Chai Wala to hang out with your friends located on Bahadur Shah Zafar Road
Within a drive of 10-15 minutes there are many bakeries near Sharah-e-Qaideen that you can access to purchase tea time snacks or cakes. For instance, the closest bakeries you can visit include Hobnob in Block A, SMCHS, Blue Ribbon Bakery on Sharah-e-Faisal Service Road in Block 2, PECHS, Kababjees Bakers just opposite the Nadra Executive Registration Centre and Kiran Bakery in Khudadad Colony.
Other options near Tariq Road include Rahat Bakery and Bombay Sweets while The Crunch Bakery can be found on Shaheed-e-Millat Road. You can also go to United King on Alamgir Road, La Farine Oven Fresh Bakery on Jamaluddin Afghani Road and Pie in The Sky and Delizia Bakery near Char Minar Chowrangi. The most famous Sialkot Bakers can also be reached within the same distance on Siraj-ud-Daula Road.
OUTDOOR ACTIVITIES, FITNESS AND BEAUTY
Sports Facilities and Fitness Centres near Sharah-e-Qaideen, Karachi
Residents living on Sharah-e-Qaideen will find that they have close access to many options when it comes to sports facilities and fitness centers near Shahrah-e-Qaideen. Within 10 minutes you can walk to either of the options located on the main road or nearby. Such as on Sharah-e-Qaideen you can access Raise the Bar Gym & Fitness Centre while on Captain Fareed Bukhari Shaheed Road you can go to Modern Gym and Fitness Centre. You can also walk to Zyro Fitness Studio on Tariq Road or ladies can try GetFit (Ladies Fitness Studio) near Ghulam Ali Memon Road.
Other gym options that you can drive to within 10-15 minutes in the vicinity include the following:
- On Tariq Road you can go to Torso Gym, Get Smart Gym or Sweatland Gym
- You can try out Bari Gym located on Allama Iqbal Road
- Gym Nation is located near Char Minar Chowrangi while you can find Slim & Trim Gym on Alamgir Road
Other fitness centers in the vicinity include the KMC Sports Complex on Kashmir Road which has a swimming pool, jogging tracks, tennis courts, hockey and football grounds, gym as well as a food court. However, accessibility depends on membership. You can also walk to Usmania Ground in 8 minutes if you like playing cricket.
Parks near Sharah-e-Qaideen, Karachi
Whether it’s your morning walk or you like taking children for play, you will find parks near Sharah-e-Qaideen that you can walk to. In 4 minutes you can go to Mulvi Abdul Haq Park located on Dr Asghar Qadir Street or you can walk to Wasim Akhtar Park in 8 minutes located on Hasan Ali Jafri Road. Mahmood Ghaznavi Park located at a walk of 9 minutes is also an option on Lakhani Street.
Other parks to explore in the vicinity include the following:
- In 7 minutes you can drive to Jheel Park located on Hamid Hussain Farooqi Road in Block 6, PECHS. You can spend a good time with children here in its vast green grounds or engage in walk on the track
- You can drive to Kokan Family Park in 12 minutes which has swings for children. Cricket matches in the park can be played after 10 PM
- Karachi Zoo Park is where you can take the children for an educational trip where they can learn about the different species of animals. It is reachable at a drive of 13 minutes located on Nishtar Road in Garden East
It is worth mentioning here that Jinnah Mausoleum is also located nearby on M.A Jinnah Road within a driving distance of 5 minutes. It is the final resting place of the founder of the nation Muhammad Ali Jinnah while tombs of Fatima Jinnah, Liaquat Ali Khan, Nurul Amin and Sardar Rab Nishtar are also located here. The mausoleum is surrounded by wide and lush gardens on all sides. Official ceremonies on notable days such as Pakistan Day and Independence Day take place here while year round the grounds remain open for the public.
Salons and Spas near Sharah-e-Qaideen, Karachi
If you’re looking for a haircut, grooming services or spa treatment you will find that there are a number of choices for salons and spas near Sharah-e-Qaideen. Within 4 minutes you can walk to Moomal’s Makeup Studio & Spa located on Masjid-e-Tayyaba Street while other options that you can drive to within 10 minutes are mentioned below:
- Men can drive to The Arif Salon located on Dr Asghar Qadir Street
- Options on main Tariq Road that you can find include Wajid Khan Salon and Rose Beauty Parlor while nearby in the street opposite to these you can explore Kashee’s Beauty Parlor and Sahar Salon
- You can try services at Second Skin Salon & Spa located on Siraj Road
- On Allama Iqbal Road you can locate Pace One Hair Salon and Saba’s Beauty Salon
- Near Dupatta Gali on Tariq Road you can find Nazia Naz Salon and Romero Salon (Men & Women)
Cinemas near Sharah-e-Qaideen, Karachi
The closest cinema that you can walk to for watching a movie is The Arena Karachi, located in Bahria Town Tower across the road on Tariq Road and reachable within 6 minutes. It gives a good movie experience with its spacious seating arrangement and quality screens and sound systems. You can also grab snacks from the counter to eat during the movie.
Other options for cinemas near Shahrah-e-Qaideen include Atrium Cinemas, which is one of the top cinemas in Karachi. It’s located in Atrium Mall, which is almost a 15-minute drive away. You can also visit Capri Cinema on M.A. Jinnah Road, which is also more or less 15 minutes away. This establishment is one of the oldest cinemas in the city.
Sharah-e-Qaideen gives close access to Tariq Road, which is popular for eateries and shopping and Kashmir Road where the KMC Sports Complex is located. By taking Kashmir Road, you can access Jail Chowrangi and its surrounding areas.
In 5 minutes by car, you can reach SMCHS and PECHS where you can find notable schools as well as gyms, salons, local shops for toys and stationary, and eateries. In 10-11 minutes you can drive to areas like Saddar and Bahadurabad, which are popular mostly for their markets but some notable schools are also situated there.
In 5 minutes you can take Sharah-e-Faisal to reach your destination in either direction. Recreation and art venues like Pakistan Air Force Museum, Pakistan Maritime Museum, Arts Council of Pakistan and Karachi Zoo are all located within a drive of 10-15 minutes. The historically significant, Jinnah Masuoleum also lies in close vicinity to Sharah-e-Qaideen.
THINGS TO CONSIDER
It’s safe to say that Sharah-e-Qaideen is one of the most ideal locations in the city. The road is surrounded by notable schools, restaurants and markets. Plus, it’s perfect for people who have offices on and near Shahara-e-Faisal and Saddar. After all, nobody likes to get stuck in traffic for hours while getting home from work and vice versa. And let’s not forget that this road is home to Quaid’s mausoleum, which is one of the best places to visit in Karachi with family. Sharah-e-Qaideen is undoubtedly an attractive opportunity for house hunters who’re looking for good—in fact, better— value for their money.
Importance of Sharah-e-Qaideen, Karachi from major locations nearby
- Cantt Railway Station Karachi lies within a drive of 15 minutes
- You can reach Jinnah International Airport within a drive of just 20 minutes
- Jinnah Mausoleum and KMC Sports Complex are located within a distance of 5 minutes by car
- You can visit Karachi Zoo Park within a distance of 5 km by car
- Nation Stadium of Pakistan is located within a 15 minute driving distance