ABOUT SWATI GATE, PESHAWAR
Swati Gate is a historical place near the railway track in the southwest of Saddar, Peshawar. The gate is used as a gateway road since it connects to every part of the city and is often used to visit Umeedabad 1 and 2, Gulberg 1, 2 and 3, Bara Gate, and Nawa Kali. Swati Gate is named after the road it is on, namely Swati Road and it neighbours famous colonies and towns such as Zulfiqar Town and Riaz Shaheed Colony. The highlight of the societies near Swati Gate is their proximity to Peshawar International Airport. The area is mostly occupied by educated and middle-income people. The surrounding areas of Swati Gate have all the necessary amenities available including electricity, gas, landline, mobile networks, and water. Another great feature of Swati Gate is that it is a commercial-cum-residential area, which means its residents not only have access to a good network of roads but also to several local bazaars and shops.
AT A GLANCE
- Good network of roads including Swati Road, Mall Road/ Bara Road.
- Proximity to bazaars, banks, eateries, and other commercial establishments
- All mandatory amenities available such as water, gas, and electricity
- Well-developed area
- Fuelling Stations
FACILITIES, SCHOOLS AND HEALTHCARE
Public Transport near Swati Gate, Peshawar
The Bus Rapid Transit (BRT) Service in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa has been initiated by the government, and the construction of routes is still underway. Once entirely developed, it will have BRT buses running on the major arteries such as Mall Road, Khyber Road, Swati Road, and Stadium Road, providing affordable and comfortable public transport near Swati Gate. Apart from this, residents living in the vicinity can easily catch traditional taxis, rickshaws and other app-based ride-hailing services. The nearest bus stops where you can find beautifully decorated, and embellished buses with truck arts are sited on Khyber Road at an approximate drive of 3 km from Swati Gate including CMA Bus Stop and Gora Qabristan Bus Stop.
Markets near Swati Gate, Peshawar
The areas neighbouring Swati Gate comprise residential as well as commercial properties, which has made grocery shopping a lot easier for people living in the vicinity. People living in the area can benefit from the convenience of having access to the commercial area at a walking distance from Swati Gate. For instance, a supermarket by the name of Khyber Super Market is situated right next to Swati Gate. The market has everything needed to suffice the daily grocery needs of people living nearby. Also, Roman General Store is 850 m away from Swati Gate in Zulfiqar Town and is frequently visited for buying pulses, rice variety, spices, and other household essentials. Other markets that can be reached within a 1-km drive from Swati Market include:
- Usman Plaza Khyber Super Market in Hassan Ghari, Peshawar Cantonment
- Izzat Khan Market in Zulfiqar Town
- Gulberg Town Market near Nimra Masjid in Gulberg
- General Store on new Gulberg Town Road in Gulberg
- Aftab General Store in Naseem Colony, Zulfiqar Town
Also, you can buy fresh poultry at wholesale rates from Chicken Store on Swati Road at a distance of 350 m from Swati Gate. Right next to it is Khattak Family Mart where you can buy ice creams, juices, and other snacks apart from groceries.
Mosques near Swati Gate, Peshawar
Peshawar has an overwhelming Muslim majority, and offering prayers in congregation at mosques is a common practice. Luckily, people can find various mosques near Swati Gate to pray in at walking distances. The following mosques are situated within approximately a km’s drive from Swati Gate:
- Masjid Sher Ali in Umeedabad is 110 m away from Wiki Cone and Icecream & Fresh Juices
- Jamia Mosque in Zulfiqar Town is 35 m away from Chicken Store
- Masjid Aqsa is 400 m away from Al Faisal Model High School
- Masjid Umar Farooq in Umeedabad is 83 m away from Assemblies of God Church
- Masjid Abu-Bakar Siddique in Umeedabad is 160 m away from Mini Mart
- Masjid Abubakr Siddique in Ali Town Swati is 850 m away from Government Girls High School
- Salman Farsi Masjid on Bamba Road in Gulberg Zulfiqar Town is 170 m away from Shafique Milk Distributor
- Masjid Ibrahimi in Gulberg No 2 is 190 m away from DHL World Wide Booking
- Nimra Masjid in Gulberg No 2 in Zulfiqar Town is 100 m from Gulberg Town Market
Apart from mosques, there are also some churches present within a 2 km drive from Swati Gate. These include Assemblies of God Church in Umeedabad, Catholic Church on Quaid-e-Azam Avenue, Anglican Diocese of Peshawar on Sir Syed Road, and Seventh Day Church Peshawar in Peshawar Cantonment.
Schools, Colleges And Universities near Swati Gate, Peshawar
Swati Gate lies in proximity to Peshawar Cantonment, which is why you will find some of the best schools in the vicinity. A couple of nationally renowned schools near Swati Gate are located right on Swati Road within a 250 m drive such as The City School, Beaconhouse School System, and The Smart School. These schools are registered with Cambridge University, meaning your kid can either opt for the matriculation system or O-levels.
Moreover, some schools with campuses around the country are also present near Swati Gate within a 1 km drive, including The Knowledge School on the main road in Gulberg No. 2, Allied School Gulberg Campus near Izat Khan Chowk in Gulberg 3, City Grammar School on Charkhana Road in Zulfiqar Town, and Dar-e-Arqam on Gulberg Road. All of these, offers efficient and easy transfers to any of their campuses in any city of Pakistan. The curriculum remains the same in all campuses ensuring your child will face no hindrance in continuing the studies after transfer. Other English medium schools in the vicinity include:
- Mother Care Montessori System of School, Racines School System, and Jinnah International Model School on Gulberg Road are a km away
- New Sarhad Nursery School on Bamba Road is 1.5 km away
- Mairaj Montessori School on Bankers Street is 850 m away
- Jinnah International Model School on Street 2 in Gulberg Peshawar Cantonment is 1.1 km away
- Froebel's School System in Gulberg 3 near Izat Khan Chowk is 2 km away
- Islamia School on Faqeer Ul Deen Street in Zulfiqar Town is 1.1 km away
- Army Public School Girls Wing on Mall Road in Hassan Ghari is 1 km away
Enrolling into an undergraduate or postgraduate program can be a lot easier for those residing near Swati Gate as several universities can be reached within a 15-minute drive from the gate such as Peshawar Business School on Circular Road, National University of Modern Languages on Chinar Road, NCS University System on Park Road, Preston University on Old Jamrud Road, Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Medical Faculty on School Road, and NICE Education System on Tehkal University Road.
Peshawar Public School, established in 1999, is affiliated with University of Peshawar , Khyber Pakhtukhwa (KP), Pakistan. It holds the credit of securing top three positions in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa in the fields of BBA (Hons) Programme. At National University of Moedrn Languages you can pursue the degree in BS Computer Science, MBA along with multiple long and short courses to get your diploma in. However, NCS University System is a medical university where you can enrol into programs such as BS in Dental Technology, BS in Medical Lab Technology, BS in Radiology Technology and Dr. of Physical Therapy.
Banks near Swati Gate, Peshawar
Name a bank, and you will find one near Swati Gate. Being a commercial centre, you can manage your finances at your preferred bank near Swati Gate, that too within an 8-minute drive. These include:
- Allied Bank on Stadium Road, 800 m away
- Esahulat 61309 in Hassan Ghari, 850 m away
- The Bank Of Khyber on Qayyum Stadium Road, 1.5 km away
- Habib Metropolitan, Dubai Islamic Bank, JS Bank, Habib Bank Limited, Al Baraka Bank on Saddar Road, 3 km away
- Bank Alfalah on Arbab Road, 2.2 km away
- National Bank – NBP on Mall Road, 2 km away
- Standard Chartered Bank on Mall Road, 2.2 km away
Clinics and Hospitals near Swati Gate, Peshawar
Fortunately, the healthcare system in Peshawar is quite good. The government has taken several initiatives to make healthcare affordable and accessible to all. As such, following is a list of clinics near Swati Gate compiled for your convenience:
- Dr Kishware Karim Clinic is 230 m away from Swati Gate in Zulfiqar Town
- Kamal Homoeopathic Clinic on Bamba Rd in Gulberg is 900 m away
- Dr Nuzhat Shaheen Clinic on New Gulberg Town Road is 1.2 km away
- Dr Mubasir Clinic in Umeedabad is 1.2 km away
- National Health Clinic in Umeedabad Mankaro is 850 m away
Apart from these, there are quite a few hospitals near Swati Gate as well, such as:
- Captain Dr Maqbali Khan Khalil Hospital in Naway Kalay near Custom chowk on Bara Road is 2 km away
- Cantonment General Hospital on Sunehri Masjid Road in Peshawar Cantonment is 2.4 km away
- Fauji Foundation Hospital Hussain Abbas Shaheed Rd in Peshawar Cantonment is 2.8 km away
- Aman Hospital on Kohat Road is 5.1 km away
- Lady Reading Hospital on Soekarno Road in PTCL Colony is 5.4 km away
Among all the hospital listed above, Lady Reading Hospital is the oldest, dating back to 1924, named after the wife of Viceroy of India, Lord Reading. Today, this hospital is part of Pakistan and is 70% funded by the government. It has 1,751 beds and a total of 4,000 staff and 400 doctors working day and night for the welfare of people.
PROPERTIES NEAR SWATI GATE, PESHAWAR
Sales Price Trends near Swati Gate, Peshawar
Houses for Sale near Swati Gate, Peshawar
The sale price of 5 marla houses near Swati Gate, Peshawar, starts at PKR 50 lakh and goes up to PKR 1.3 crore, while you can also buy a 10 marla house near Swati Gate for PKR 80 lakh to PKR 4.5 crore.
SHOPPING, RESTAURANTS, AND BAKERIES
Malls near Swati Gate, Peshawar
Peshawar is an urban city with quite a few shopping malls to facilitate residents with a convenient and comfortable shopping experience. You can find The Mall Tower nearest to Swati Road, at a drive of 2 km only, on Mall Road. The Mall Tower is an excellent place to shop general products such as gifts, home decorations, and you can also buy medicines from Shaheen Chemist located in the mall’s basement. The upper portions or floors of the mall are reserved for residential flats. There are also a couple of tailor shops where you can get a customised suit stitched by a professional.
You can also purchase the latest mobile phones and other electronic gadgets from the mobile market on stadium road boasting Tahir Communicator, and I Smart Mobile Shop, situated at a 2.5 km distance from Swati Gate.
Another mall near Swati Gate, Peshawar includes Deans Shopping Mall (Deans Trade Centre Peshawar) at a 3 km drive only. It is the most popular and modern commercial plaza in the city boasting various clothing and shoe brands, offices, and Sheraz Arena – a banquet hall. Deans Shopping Mall on Saddar Road, in Peshawar Cantonment, also features a hypermarket within the mall apart from all the cosmetic and apparel. Here, you can buy fresh meat, poultry, and seafood cut and packed hygienically. However, if you are looking for unstitched fabric or embroidered variety, jewellery, or shoes, then you should check out Shafi Market on Tippu Sultan Road, 2.7 km away from Swati Gate.
Restaurants near Swati Gate, Peshawar
The population of Peshawar is known to have a great appetite and a strong liking for meaty dishes. Be it their namkeen boti, mutton karhai, or chapli kabab, they are all made in a large quantity and even bigger sizes because one can’t just resist the taste of the traditional flavourful cuisines. A few restaurants near Swati Gate serving desi traditional cuisines include Haleem Ghar and BBQ in Peshawar Cantonment on Swati Road at a 33 m walk only. Their BBQ platter is regarded highly in the vicinity. Gulberg Chatkhara Restaurant in Asia Tower near Khyber Super Market is 800 m away from Swati Gate. It serves mouth-watering and flavourful pilao biryani and karhai. Apart from these, there are a few fast-food restaurants near Swati Gate as well offering a variety of items such as burgers, pizzas, and sandwiches. To name a few:
- Chilli Pistols Fast Food & Restaurant in Hassan Ghari is 850 m away
- Al Saif Burger House in Defence Army Flats, opp to Hassan Ghari is 900 m away
- Burger Mayo & Pizza Parlor is in Gulberg No 2 in Shahzeb Plaza at a km drive away
- Chicken Bite Fast Food on Gulberg Road in Zulfiqar Town is 700 m away
- Food Palace Fast Food Restaurant in Gulberg, Zulfiqar Town is 600 m away
- Wiki Cone Icecream and Fresh Juices on Swati Road is 270 m away from Swati Gate
OUTDOOR ACTIVITIES, FITNESS AND BEAUTY
Sports Facilities and Fitness Centres near Swati Gate, Peshawar
Many of us lack physical activity in our lives which is why gyms and fitness centres are a much-needed amenity. However, going to a gym can be a hassle if it is not near your residence. Fortunately, you can find the following fitness centres near Swati Gate, Peshawar:
- Eagle Gym in Zulfiqar Town is 500 m away
- Umar Gul Road Nodeh Payan Gym in Umeedabad is 1 km away
- Nawaz Body Building Club on Gulberg Road in Gulberg 2 is 1 km away
- Raja Gym in Hasan Ghari, Multan Cantonment is 850 m away
Apart from these gyms within a km drive from Swati Gate, you can find a sports facility too within the same distance. Qayyum Sports Complex in Peshawar Cantonment is one of the known sports complexes of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa. All sports-related activities of the province are controlled from here as the office of the Directorate General of Sports is situated here. This sports facility features a hockey ground, boxing area, swimming pool, and a PC gaming area and many other such similar sporting activities
Parks near Swati Gate, Peshawar
Having a stroll in the park, whether in the evenings or mornings helps in digesting the high carb and fat-filled diet we consume. Parks with jogging tracks, greenery, and benches are both pleasant to eyes and mind. When tired of your job, you can always sit and relax on the chairs and socialise with fellow nature enthusiasts. Thankfully, you can find the following parks near Swati Gate:
- PAFWA Park in Peshawar Cantonment on Mall Road is 750 m away
- Khalid Bin Waleed Park on Mall Road in Peshawar Cantonment is 2.7 km away
- Garrison Park in Bashirabad is 5.6 km away
- Cantonment Board Defence Officers Colony in Defence Colony is 4.1 km away
- Jinnah Park on Grand Trunk Road in Peshawar Golf Club is 6 km away
- Chacha Younas Park is opposite Govt High School, adjacent Peshawar Chamber of Commerce
PAFWA Park features swings and a jumping castle and has been a part of every Peshawari’s childhood. Chacha Younas Park, on the other hand, is an amusement park with rides such as a Ferris Wheel and Merry Go Round. In Garrison Park, you can find an exquisite variety of birds along with thrilling rides in the amusement park. Jinnah Park is a vast green space with an aesthetically pleasing array of flowers for people to enjoy.
Salons and Spas near Swati Gate, Peshawar
Who wouldn’t enjoy relaxing at a beauty salon after a long stressful day? A professional salon offers rejuvenating facials and various beauty treatments to help you regain your glow while being treated like royalty. That being said, you can visit the following salons near Swati Gate, some providing services to men, while others to women only:
- Rivaj Beauty Salon in Gulberg is 1.2 km away
- Super Star Hair Dresser on Nauthia Road in Nothia Qadeem Road is 2 km away
- Pari's Beauty Palor on Gulberg Road is 1.8 km away
- Premier Hairdresser on Mall Road is 2.2 km away
Swati Gate is one of Peshawar’s prominent landmarks, connecting residents to other parts of the city. It serves as a gateway to reach Bara Market on Mall Road, Saddar, Umeedabad, Gulberg, Bara Gate, and Nawa Kali. Riaz Shaheed Colony is located in the west of Swati Gate, while Zulfiqar Town is situated on its east side. Hassan Ghari can be accessed by going north of Swati Gate, while Ali Town is sited in its south.
THINGS TO CONSIDER
Swati Gate being a commercial and residential area, is often deemed as a congested neighbourhood. The hustle and bustle of the market place is liked by many, but at the same time a few do not appreciate the litter caused by the bazaars in the neighbourhood. However, Swati Gate is an ideal locality for people who like all amenities within walking distance from their residence. Swati Gate is well connected to good network of roads comprising Swati Road, Mall Road, Khyber Road, and Stadium Road. Moreover, since Peshawar International Airport lies in proximity to Swati Gate, travelling to and from the airport is quite convenient for frequent travellers.
Importance of Swati Gate, Peshawar from major locations nearby
- Peshawar International Airport is 1.5 km away via Khyber Road
- Peshawar Railway Station is 3 km away via Saddar Road
- Bala Hisar Fort is 6 km away via Mall Road
- Peshawar Museum is 4.6 km away via Mall Road