Advice required for investment in flat in islamabad/rawalpindi

I want to invest in a flat for rental income islamabad/rawalpindi.

The target price range is 4 to 5m max.
I want to go for installment option but don't want a project running for more than 2 years.

I think investment in pha i-12 or some project in gulberg seems good roi. But i don't know about which project in gulberg is reliable if i go for it over in place of!I-12.
Need your advice for better option.

I am also looking badly for the same advise. Knocking on doors of all property Gurus :)

Knock Knock Knock

Sir avoid i12 pha as it is not feasible to invest.Look for g11 pha flats.They may be a bit expesive than your budget but roi is good and immediate.Available on cash.

For instalments,u can look for some option in bahria.

Dear Falcon Bhai, many thanks for your reply.

Do you recommend flat projects in Gulberg Greens which are soft launched with around 5000 rupees/square foot with nothing on ground and completion in 3 years?

Also in F-11 markaz abu dhabi towers basement flats are around 570K ? Or if you have any option for both investment and rental purpose. My budget is around 6 Million.

I have been also looking into these ... I went to Pakistan Property show in Dubai. One of the developers Capital Resedencia in E-11 are selling their 2 Bed room (they call it 4 bedroom. 2BR 1 Guest Room and 1 TV lounge) for 8.2 million. Flat will be handed over in February 2018 but installments are 12 months (high amount). 21 Million downpayment and 4.8 million monthly (too high but high amount is probably due to possession being given in feb). You might wanna check them out. As per them they have all the NOCs, water and gas meters for each apartment. I'm going to Islamabad next month and would like to visit this place myself

I would like to wait a good suggestion here as well for apartment. Living in UAE for so many years, Apartments are not really an issue for me even though i never thought about them when i was in Pakistan. Bahria Enclave also has a couple of good projects like Capital Mall and The Galleria.

@ UAE Expat, Salam wa Ahlain Ya Akhi, I am also expat from UAE, Abu Dhabi.

Gurus, Help your UAE expat brothers who are compelled to invest almost blindly and are at the mercy of Marketing Personnel and dealers.

Sir avoid E-11 projects due to the legal complexities involved with many of them or move with great caution.Safe investment would be to go for the project which are completed or are just going to be completed soon.

Thanks Falcon, As per my little survey, there is at least 1000+ rupees difference between projects which have started and projects which are about to start. The difference will be at least 2000+ for projects which are near completion.

Frankly speaking, I dont mind waiting if I am making some profit, but kind of cautious as I want to pay in cash to avail the 10 percent discount on upfront payment. A little cautious as I don't understand legalities in case the builder run away with all my money which I am paying upfront.

Have you ever seen such a case in Islamabad when a builder will take all the money and disappear or will deliver the unit with huge delays?

Should I not take such chances in Islamabad in order to make some profit.

Oceanic

Man I also started a similar topic for apartments here but didn't get much response. You can get great help here about plots with members like Falcon, Nadeem Sb and Khan. But apartments is kind of a grey area. They have still not become popular in Lahore and Islamabad. Karachi is a different story.

I'm also new to this but i think unless you are coming back to Pakistan immediately, don't buy with upfront payment. Plots are a better bet with upfront payments if you have profit in mind. Apartments are better for rental yield and living.

Hopefully someone who has done some homework in Islamabad apartments can guide us better.

I previously read some good reviews about Zarkon Heights in G-15. They have some buildings ready and delivered as well.

E-11 always has the NOC and legality issue. That's why it was my first question to the captial resedencia team in Property show. But as falcon said, proceed with caution after doing some homework and detail study. I know for us overseas Pakistanis this seems a big hassle to go visit all the areas and do home works but these are our life savings we are dealing with

Dear Brothers especially from UAE

I am also in the UAE

Keeping in mind that twin cities are located on earthquake default line I don't recommend you to invest in flats , also in twin cities its not easy to sell the flats.

my personal experience is in airport housing society

( excluding sector 4 ) my investments are almost double in last 4 years + good location + good rental income+ and good for living.

Rest Allah knows better.

Good luck to all

Brothers review Zarkon Heights G-15. Outstanding location and good quality. Many sizes are available for different budget categories. Block A is almost complete and will be handed over in December. Block B might be handed over coming June. Block C pre launch booking has been started yesterday. Good rental income is expected due to new airport.

Myself holding 2 bed apartment in Block A on First Floor. Demand is 85 lacks.

Totally agree with Sajid. Islamabad area is in earthquake danger-zone. Please do search google images of Islamabad earthquake of 2005. Lahore is the safest city for apartments.

Agree with all above kind contributors that Islamabad is on or near fault lines. Question is, are the buildings constructed to standards to resist earth quakes.

We all know that if properly constructed, a high rise building can better withstand an earthquake.

For expats it is difficult to build a home.

@ Naveed, thanks for the advise and sharing your personnel experience brother, I will explore Zarcon Heights, If can share website or from where to get a good deal, will be much appreciated.

Lol on those who are saying not to invest in apartments in Islamabad due to earthquake

Dear Inamullah Khan,

For rental purpose in zone-2 depend on good developer.

1:G-15

2:D-17

Other hand Enclave

Gulberg Green

PWD

Bahria 1 to 6 civic centre.

Bahria Safari Valley single storey 5marla Safari homes 5 to 5.5 million rent is 2.2 to 2.6K.

Regards

Thanks Nadeem bhai and other experts for sharing your opinion. A sincerre advice will give benefits to many who use this forum as a source of information.

Nadeem bahi,

What is your recommendation for future investment 2bed flat in phase 4 civic centre or 5 marla awami villa in phase 8 price and rental income is same for both..

Which of the above will give good returns keeping in mind 5 years

Dear Inamullah,
Go for Bahria Enclave Flats, constructed by Bahria itself. Its near to completion and rate is affordable and after one year you can get good rental income. Apart from rent its rate will increase at least 25 percent from now to completion (one year maximum). So it will give you good investment opportunity too.

@Ahmed Naseem: Whats the price of Bahria Enclave Flats?

CDA declared 64 units illegal in E-11

https://www.zameen.com/news/cda-declares-64-commercial-and-residential-units-illegal-in-e-11.html