Airport opening....How would it affect g 15/dha/be bigger plots?

Salam all,

I am interested to invest around 16m in islamabad. I have short listed g 15, dha2 and b.E. Few ppl. Suggested me to go for g 15 as airport is near to commence its operation. But i am not sure about the gain in bigger plots.
Can experts please shed some light on the prospects for maximum gain of all these three options. Please note that i am interested in bigger plots like 1 kanal or more.

Thanks in advance.

@ R…Sir airport is not going to be commenced anytime soon.We are hearing this lullaby for last one decade.Even by mistake it gets commenced on its due date even then it is not going to have any mega affect.10s of deadlines missed.Secondly brand name + gentry + quality development are contributing factora.Location is just one factor other in all other aspects dha 2 leads the rest.Prospects of dha 2 are excellent. If u are purely going for investment,buy a couple of plots of 1 kanal in P or Q blocks and relax for atleast three years for best returns.

Airport?

Who wants to live where planes are landing and taking of 24/7?

If living near airport is so great then why the areas around the existing airport are not greatest in the world?

Value addition of any living area need schools, universities, good hospitals in the vicinity!

This airport craze is really hard to understand?

The advice of Saadi & Nadeem Sahab regarding the DHA-2 blocks is highly seconded.

New airport is almost ready. It can be made operational in a year but the current government has announced further expansion of new airport so it can be ready when their term is near end.

Https://www.google.com/maps/@33.5518454,72.8334979,2812m/data=!3m1!1e3

As you can see in above map that it looks almost completed apart from link road.

Now i agree with Qayyum sb that no one likes to live near airport but the airport as huge as this one will create a lot of jobs in itself plus the footfall to surrounding area will increase alot resulting in increased commercial activity thus greatly impacting property prices.

Allama Iqbal airport of Lahore is big example of such phenomenon.

We do hope so Ahmed Sahab “Aap ke moun main ghee aour shakkar”. I would be a net beneficiary of this new airport as I belong to that area.

G-15 is not that close to the airport to have a problem. Yes G-15 can see some really good returns due to airport becoming operational but it has much to do with access that G-15 does not have right now. Airport can allow those access to open for G-15 as the location of G-15 is second to none. But totally relying on airport will not do much. I think at its best it may allow some 15-20% gains depending upon which society you choose to invest in. Any tangible benefits of the airport may take up to a decade time easily. 1 kanal in G-15 is around 135-145 lacs. 8 marla in G-15 is about 60% the price of 1 kanal and 14 marla is about 80% the price of 1 kanal so 1 kanal right now is very good for investment. Other than airport hype there is construction activity going on in G-15 both in residential and commercial and i think its the only society so far in zone 2 worth consideration.

If you want to purely invest then DHA 2 is also a good option because the airport is not near to it but DHA 2 can benefit from Isb. Expressway expansion so both have the same edge.

However, i think getting the Isb. Expressway ready would be a lot sooner than waiting for the airport.

I would stress again that the advice sought is for investment purpose. Otherwise a huge commercial airport is indeed beneficial when it comes to ROI everywhere. People dont care about planes landing or taking off. Current airport is not built as Commercial airport....moreover it is mostly surrounded by askari community which is quite understandable.

DHA off course has its own plus points but what about the distance to real Islamabad?

All the mentioned three corners of Islamabad has pros and cons.

We are here to gather facts and figures Not just

plans in pipeline...

@Arshad

Thanks for a detailed and professional input.

@Saadi

Thanks for your expert advice regarding DHA.

Strangely,nobody is in mood to discuss B.E. :)

Could both of you elaborate the difference and preference of both sides of DHA2 please?

Thanks.

If you compare distance to central isb. Then DHA 2 is much better and will be after Isb. Expressway expansion. Societies near airport are too far from this perspective.

Airport is not a need. One can live without an airport but for all your major needs you need to go to the city every now and then so no comparison of main Isb. With airport.

Any gain due to airport becoming operational can be seen but it maybe short lived because most of the societies have nothing to offer on their own. They just sell the airport factor. But if you anticipate airport will bring in construction activity but that will take another decade or so.

Right now everything is based on predictions there are no facts and figures to tell whether any big gains can be seen due to airport functionality.

Sir kuch to khayal karen airport kahan hai or BE kahan hai !!!!!!!!!

@Arshad

Sir main nay to investment kay liye ARZ ki thi :)

Aap to dil pay lay gaye. Chalain wapis lay laitay hain.

My question is still un-answered: Why the existing Be-Nazeer Islamabad airport did not put the surroundings to the level, which is being perceived for the Fateh Jang airport?

G-15 & also G-16 will surely benefit as they will get a parallel access from the main road. G-15 dealers have been telling the so called motorway access for the last 15 years or so. With new airport it might come true!

But G-16 have to have direct access as no sector in CDA gets access form within the adjacent sector. It has to be from a service road or from the main road.

The present access of G-15 will be a pain in future as it is narrow. After getting the alternate access, G-15 will get more colors, for sure.

I did request for details about DHA 2 both sides of Isb Highway.....

Anyone please?

Current airport was never meant for a commercial use as its main purpose being one of forces’s base. Simple is that.

Qayyum bhai very well said but the problem is only if G-15 will make use of that access. The society management is corrupt to the core.

@R sir aysi koi baat nai but pinpointing in terms of investment from your options is difficult because you have selected areas which all are good for investment other than BE. It is always better to go with the flow and not against it. So in terms of investment as you say DHA 2 is good to go as it is gaining and you can benefit from it right now. G-15 has recently seen much gain of around 30 lacs recently in 14 marla for instance but has currently stalled but its 1 kanal has not seen any good gains yet so it has scope.

Airport will effect the prices of the property near by, as business activities will increases to a level, which we can not imagine as a airport is quite huge, people like places where jobs and business activities are more, why people comes to cities like pindi & isb,

DHA-2: A-H expected to perform better as tender is being floated for this 175 or so Kanal commercial project near the main central roundabout. This will boost the prices and the fact that construction activity is getting faster and faster, the plot prices will go higher.

Other side of DHA will surely improve on prices but if we keep mind that A-H took two decades to reach at the current level. Islamabad side of DHA-2 will do the same because both side are located almost the same from Islamabad highway (with the exception of DHA-2 Extension).

Plus a good percentage of people keenly see the rental income, proportional to the construction pace and other part is far behind from that prospective as it still a deserted place.

My vote is still for A-H , both, for the investment and rental.

All societies in zone 2 within ICT limits are cheapest in entire isb…each one may gain some value…

Qayyum bhai kya baat hai very good analysis. Yes i have also repeatedly told the same thing A-H is a better investment option

Thanks Arshad Sahab