BE Vs DHA 2

After much thinking I have narrowed my options down to Bahria Enclave and DHA 2. How do experts here rate DHA 2 vs Bahria Enclave in terms of living quality and future/investment returns?

What are current prices of 10 Marla and 1 Kanal plots (on lump sum) there if I want to build a house in about 3 years time. Its mainly for my retired parents to live.
I already have plots in Bahria Phase 8 and B-17 but they are on the outstretches of the city so not thinking about these for now.

Bahria Enclave and DHA 2 both are good options, but if we compare Bahria Enclave with DHA 2, including all the amenities, parks, shops, fuel pumps, masjids, DHA 2 is much better than Bahria Enclave.

Bahria Enclave will take some time, so go for DHA 2.

Sir I like DHA 2 and might end up there in the end but since I ll be putting down around or over 10M so I wanted to consider the investment returns aspect of this decision as well. I have been seeing DHA rates lurking below 10M for the longest time and can't understand what keeps them down and even now I have a feeling that they might not go all the way up as they could in Enclave.

People usually say that Bahria is the best in amenities etc, sir could you please explain it a little more for me why DHA is better? I actually don't live in Pakistan so cannot decide as good as a person on ground. Appreciate your help.

Zubair sb…Sir main reason is that bahra runs on dealers network where as dha runs on genuine customers looking for a safe abode with quality life…I agree dha rates will not shot up exponentially in the blink of an eye but they will show steady and gradual rise but that growth will be solid.Even in the adverse market conditions,rates will not reverse…You remember in 2004 when dha 2 plots prices suddenly increased by 300 to 400% in just some days and after that look how they reversed and now with the gradual increase look how it is surviving in the dead market while look how new phases of bahria suffered.And yes if the 10 lane highway project gets executed,the you will see the big jumps in the prices of dha.

Very valid point Saadi, I have no option but to agree with you on this. Thank you for your advice.

Thanx sir.You are always welcome.

Expect a reasonable price increase in phase 8 safari valley and adjacent blocks,

INSIDE CRICKET,,,silent purchase going on

Agree with SAADI - DHA 2 growth has been solid and it has continued to grow and sustained because of genuine demand.

I dont know about silent purchasing but Phase 8 development is great and it should recover in due course of time.

BE is the best place to buy the property.

It is not difficult to understand that for living purpose in the next 2-3 years DHA-2 is better option and for investment point of veiw in the next 2-3 year BE is better option because BE will take about 5 years to be fully developed for living purpose. After 4-5 years (Mr. Saadi may differ with me), DHA and Bahria Town (pindi)will less attractive because people will have option of good living in Islamabad after the copmletion of Bahria Enclave. I am saying this becasue I have seen that some of my friends who have their offices (work) in Islamabad used to live in Bahria Town and DHA because of good living standards but at the same time most of them are not happy with distance and traffic issues. After 4-5 years (when BE will be ready for living) such people (including me) will prefer to live in BE rather than DHA or Bahria Town (pindi. This is very genuine thinking among us. However I did not say DHA and Bahria Town (pindi) will be out of race but certainly will be less attractive as compare to today situation.

Ahmad11 good point. I think one critical factor here will be expansion of Islamabad expressway and making it signal free. If this project happens - as it was in the news a few days back - then this factor of commute issue will be minimized. It will be a smooth drive from Zero point to all societies on Islamabad highway.

@Ahmad11, honestly I found it easy to travel to DHA rather than BE.

Phase8 is complete a different story as you have to travel further from isb highway to reach ph8 while DHA is right on the highway.

Furthermore there is a plan of widening of isb highway and making it signle-less. Think about impact, when it will be done travelling time will be much lesser and safer.

From 0 point distance to BE and DHA is quite literally the same. You can check it on GE.

For BE you have to travel on a narrow road through villages and no facility available while for DHA its a straight path with many facilities like gas stations, hospitals, restaurants available 24 hours. I travelled few times to BE and DHA and it took me almost same or less time to DHA.

Another thing is traffic jams on isb highway. Once airport is moved, which is very likely in 1 or 2 years, traffic load will be much less.

But end of the day everyone has to think according to his/her own needs and decide :-)

Dear how can we compare the price range of 10 marla plot in DHA phase 2 and Bahria Enclave 2 or Phase 8(Under discussion all three ? or can add some other phase or project)…So we can see weather the prices are averaged and have potential to go up…?

Ehsan, you are right even I have mentioned that at the moment DHA 2 is better optionas but as you mentioned you have to go to BE through villages, its not true at the moment. May be you did not visit in last 18th months. Secondly you said rightly that every one has to decide according to their own needs, Zero point may not be a starting point for all. For many Constitutional Avenue or Serana Hotel or Super market etc. May be a starting point. And for them BE would have better option.

Comparison between Bahria Enclave and DHA-2

is same as between D-12 and G-13

If you like to live near natural beauty you choose D-12 instead of G-13. Similarly you choose Bahria Enclave not DHA-2.

But if you are a practical kind of person not a romantic type, you choose G-13 not D-12 because G-13 touches Kashmir Highway one of the 2 main arteries intersecting the twin cities. Similarly the practical guy goes for DHA-2 instead of Bahria Enclave because DHA-2 touches Islamabad Expressway.

The answer depends on what type of person YOU are.

From pure investment point of view, my feeling is that the romantic will win in the long run but the practical guy will benefit in the short and medium terms.

PK1 you have concluded the discuusion in a very precise manner.

Thank you everyone for a meaningful discussion on a much needed topic. We must also consider the area for money. In BE a good possession 10 marla plot is in the range of 85L-90L while adding a little more (10L-15L) to that you can get a 1 kanal possession plot in DHA. We also need to consider the rental yield of both the locations to determine the investment returns as majority of the house owners build the second portion for renting it out.

If this is for your parents maybe see what they would prefer brother. Dha is pindi and bahria enclave is isb. See where their friends are and their relatives. I would buy in dha 2 as an investment but build in BE for my parents

Khan007, thank you for your precise opinion. I can understand the environmental value of BE over DHA but why in your view is DHA a more beneficial option in terms of an investment? Thanks

DHA-2 may rise faster in under 10 years but in 10+ years Enclave will rise better. Same for G-13 (short and medium term) and D-12 (very Long term).

This is my estimate. But Allah knows best.