Building House For Living F17/PAF Tarnol/B17/E17

I am looking for a suitable plot at a reasonable location for building a house. So the requirement is a developed area with basic facilities since i am planning to start construction in 1-2 months inshaallah.

My budget is from 5-6 million for 1 kanal plot. I think the options i have are the following in my budget - added some comments/observations from my side

1) F17 - reasonable location and well developed. Decent number of houses already. Good access from motorway interchange.

2) PAK Tarnol - secure place. Good access from motorway interchange. Development status is not too impressive - didnt notice any decent market - too gloomy at the moment.

3) B17 - I am hearing great about it from everyone. Some new of possibly a margalla avenue connection soon but at the moment it is far away at sangjani. I have not seen it yet - planning to visit this weekend

4) E17 - cheapest of all 3. Reasonably developed. Rumor is that there is some water shortage in the area. Access is just ok from gt road.

At the moment i am preferring f17 and b17 over the other two. I have to visit b17 but i think access to b17 may be the main problem until margalla avenue opens up.

I just wanted to check if the preferred options are actually better and are live-able for long term? Which of the two is actually better? F-17 or G-17 long term living? I am favoring f-17 due to easier access via motorway.

Your kind response/advice is much appreciated.

I think it’s only a matter of visiting B-17 and you’ll drop all other options. :wink: Price wise I can tell you that it’s been doing great (by the way, I should mention here that I am in Lahore and all I know about B-17 prices is via Zameen’s reports which show steady increase in prices). The rest I will let experts like Syed Ibrahim handle it for me. :slight_smile:

Nafees Bhatti Sb, thanks for your reply. Yes I will be visiting B17 this Saturday/Sunday to see how good it is on ground.

I live in Islamabad - and at the moment the access to B-17 is not as good as F-17. I can get to F-17 via Kashmir highway -> Motorway and then only 2 kms on Fateh jang road.

For B17, I have to get on the GT road from Kashmir highway and travel until SangJani - which is a little more inconvenient. There is mention of a Margalla Avenue and a motorway interchange near B17 on some forums but I dont know how long will that take to materialize. Access may eventually be the main concern about B17 for someone planning to build a house soon.

Priority wise

At Present Priority wise

F-17 B-17 E-17 PAF Tarnol

After 5 Years B-17 E-17 F-17 PAF Tarnol

Mian Muhammad Sb, thanks for your response. One thing I dont understand in your after 5 years list is that E-17 is above F-17. In terms of development, F-17 seems to be superior today - and in terms of access both seem comparable - GT road vs Motorway->fatehjang road.

B17 I believe is ranked top based on margalla avenue?

One other alternate someone suggested me just today is to evaluate DHA Phase 2 - ex communers town - Sector K, L - which are ready for construction and approx cost is comparable 6-7 million PKR.

I am favoring Zone II due to ease of access at the moment via Kashmir highway.

DHA seems harder to commute to in rush office hours - on Islamabad highway.

B-17 has direct access to GT road, who said you have to go to sangjani. The B17 gates are right on GT road. I have been through that are many times.

@Younus: I think he is talking about the margalla avenue not the GT road, and it is correct that the avenue is linking up with GT road at Sangjani between the existing bus stop and the Fecto Cement factory road and is about 1-1.5 km from the B block entrance of MPCHS.

@Waqar Ahmed: The motorway interchange you have mentioned is also being built at Sangjani and is located inside the AWT housing scheme and is nowhere close to B-17 directly. However, work is progressing at a good pace and it should be ready by end of December.

Younus - I was referring to the distance at the moment after getting off Kashmir highway to GT Road.

Syed Amjad - thanks for clarifying on the link to Margalla Avenue and the Motorway Interchange. Do you think this motorway interchange can be used to access B17 more easily until Margalla Avenue is constructed?

I am planning to visit B17 tomorrow InshaAllah.

@Younus and @Syed Amjad - do you agree that at the moment F-17 is a better option to build a house due to closer access to motorway?

@Waqar Ahmed: Yes, after its completion and opening, it will provide an easier access to B-17 too, as by taking the motorway route you will be able to bypass two major bottlenecks on GT road i.e. The checkpost near G-15 and the Tarnol railway crossing. The road connecting AWT housing scheme to the GT road is also being widened and you will be able to use this road to drive from the Sangjani interchange to GT road. From that point on, the GT road upto the entrance of B-17 is excellent. Overall, this should reduce travel time by atleast 15 minutes on average and even more during rush hours.

I posted a reply but it is being withheld for editorial review?? Surprising!

@Waqar: I have tried twice to post a reply but the “cyborg” running this site is withholding my posts for “approval”. I am still waiting for them to appear, this is just a test post to see if the problem is solved…

SyedAmjad - thank you for trying - I will pray and wait for your success to read your response :slight_smile:

Access of F-17 is from Very busy Fateh Jang road. Railway track is very near. Surroundings of F-17 are not so good. Margalla avenue will more beneficial for D-17, B-17 and E-17 as compare to F-17

Mian Nadeem

Mian Nadeem thanks for your input. I will revisit F-17 and B-17 first time today InshaAllah. Yes Margalla avenue will make accessing B-17 much easier.

@Waqar: Since my posts havent appeared so let me retry... To answer your first question, Yes, I think the sangjani interchange will have some benefit for B-17 too, becoz the road from AWT society to the GT road is also being widened and you will be able to drive on this road to move from motorway to GT road, after exiting at sangjani. From there on, the GT road is in excellent condition. By using the motorway, you will be able to avoid two major traffic bottlenecks on GT road i.e. The checkpost before G-15 and Tarnol crossing, and it should save you about 15 minutes per trip on avg and even more during rush hours.

As for F-17, its better to visit it on a full working day to get a measure of traffic on Fatehjang road which I believe is quite heavy. Otherwise its a fine place. For B-17, you need to be comfortable with the distance. You will have a better idea after your visit I am sure.

Amjad - thank you so much for your reply. I couldnt visit B17 today and planning for the morning InshaAllah.

Good point about F-17 - I only visited it once on a Sunday. I am banking on my experience of the only 2 or 3 km travel on Fateh Jang Road after exiting motorway @ Tarnol/FatehJang interchange.

I visited the alternate option in the evening today i.e. DHA 2 - ex communers town block K. The drive on Islamabad highway seems tougher compared to Kashmir highway. Only a few houses there in K and L block DHA 2 at the moment.

I think the distance to B17 can only be reduced if Margalla Avenue is constructed.

If you are buying for potential of price rise, all of these societies offer good opportunity, but I think the best options for investment are B-17 and E-17.

B-17 due to direct benefit from Margalla Avenue. And E-17/3 due to more affordable price at the moment and near 2 major roads - One, Kashmir highway and Two, the future Margalla Avenue. The lower price of Cabinet society (especially E-17 as compared to E-16) at the moment offers the opportunity for gain.

If you talk to people doing construction activity in Cabinet Society, you will see that they have hit water in self boring. The same case for almost all Zone 2 societies. The only difference is the depth at which you can get water. E-17 is very close to Sundaymar Dam and ground water is expected to maintain at acceptable levels. Also, there are no high tension wires in E-17 but there are in E-16.