Buy a home for rental/investment purpose or plot?

Hi everyone,

I am new to this forum but already found a lot of informative discussions on this forum. I live in the UAE and want to invest some money in either a plot or a house for rental. My time-frame is max 3 yrs for now to get the best ROI. My budget could be between Rs 50-70 lac. What do the experts on this forum suggest? Should I buy a home in G-13 and rent it out. Or I buy a plot in E-12/G-14/3, or F-15. Which option could seem better at this point of time?

Thanks heaps.

If you are looking to live there in the next few years then I think it is better to buy a house, as at least you have piece of mind in the event that inflation further spirals and cost of building goes up further. However with a house you have to have to allow for wear and tear and management expenses.

If you are not looking to live there in the next few years then you could consider a plot however with E12 and G14 there is no guarantee when you will get possession of your plot and investing there is a gamble. I don't know much about F-15.

I think that buying a house would overall be a safer investment even if the return is slightly less than in buying a plot. With buying a plot there are too many variables so there is no certainty in the short-run. If I were to buy a plot from experience I would only buy a plot that physically exists on the ground and then the price has to be good as well.

Thanks a lot for your reply. Can you suggest for plots in I-14? Actually I am not looking to move back soon. I have my job here. My family is here... In UAE and we don't intend to come back anytime soon unless and untill God Forbid circumstances change.

Anyways do you expect plot prices to rise for G-13 in the coming year?

For rental purpose G-13 is a good option I agree with Arshad but plot prices will not rise very much there as its already very high and there are few reasons for rise in price like development possession gas which are already done.

Investment wise G-14/3 will be much better then E-12 as there is a better chance of development in G-14/3 as compared to E-12. E-12 is also a good option but you have to wait for few years untill development work begin. G-14 E-12 and F-15 all of them are better options then I-14 location wise future wise investment wise.

Thanks for your reply. Why would you not consider I-14? I heard from some people they bought 30x60 plots in I-14/3 and just in 6 months, they have profitable offers, even also from some threads, people were recommending I-14/3 good for investment.

Sorry I don't have complete grasp when it comes to property and real estate and only rely on friends or colleagues who share their stories.

I-14 is a CDA sector and maybe good for investment but comparatively zone 2 is better location wise all kind of sizes are available there plus it will near to future airport and Margalla Avenue

If you are not looking to build a house or return to Pakistan in the next few years, then I think that you would be better off buying a few plots in Bahria Town Phase 8. You can buy it and forget it,hopefully in a several years it would be a decent place to live and prices should appreciate as they are pretty low now. However I would only consider blocks where possession is available and house construction can start straight away. The timeframe for this investment would be at least 5 years due to its huge size.

I would say to be more cautious than being oversmart, don't play wild cards. Either get something in D-12 or G-13, they will remain the best/prime sectors of Islamabad and the returns in short or long term will remain higher than any other property elsewhere.

AND hold on to your bucks for a while, let this upcoming political drama of elections finish and invest if we get a better government.

Also, the prices, especially in D-12 and G-13 are highly inflated, and practically hardly anyone is constructing houses in D-12 at the moment.

So its wise to wait..

If Zardari stays on for much longer than rupee would depreciate more over the next 2 years.

Now I have got more confused folks… :slight_smile:

Dear Rabia,

I will suggest you in Jinnah Garden, Swan Garden, PWD housing society. police foundation buy a home as a investment and rent it its a good option.