Buyer seller and agent

I've been searching for a plot in bahria town for last few weeks. This has been not so good experience.
I called few guys from ads and tried to negotiate the price for plot, they introduced me to a term called one down, two down and so on.
Where one guy holds the plot and few agents are selling same plot in a chain like money i pay goes to the seller but will travel through different hands.
Is there a way where buyer seller and agent can decide on price of plot without other agents involving. Fair deal you pay to the seller the price, agent gets his fee, fair deal.

Noob

Unfortunately it is happening.

You can reach original plot owners on OLX, zameen ADs and potential property offices in bahria town.

Big dealers are less in keeping what dealer call " top".

You need to train yourself on prices and with a couple of weeks of hard work, you will be expert on prices and can avoid this cascading bzness.

If you select any plot, pls get advice on price from zameen forumers on private calls, you will have prevailing prices in the market.

Thank you for replying

i couldn't break the chain and was unable to locate original seller.

I believe zameen.com works this way, this platform only supports agents and dealers. It does not promote transparent buying/selling process.

Unfortunately, there are so many Ads posted by dealers each day that it is very difficult to figure out the genuine seller.

Property offices have office assistants whose job is to post Ads on internet and social media daily...and these are generic Ads like "Plot for sale at excellent location in Bahria Phase 8" when you call them and ask for plot number they say k come to our office and we will show you...

For a genuine buyer, the risk is always there that you give token money and the dealer actually does not have a plot

Sir realistically speaking, having a trusted dealer actually can be beneficial than too much direct dealing.

-- Yes, finding 'Trustable Dealer's in today's time is the biggest Challange!!

-- I have seen absolute hard workers who will work hard to fully protect your rights and help you get best deal stuck for their commission i.e., 1%. I have seen absolute morons of a cheat who will do everything to get their Top. Like in every walk of life it's the people who matter and in real estate yes, it's extra rare to find fair agents!

-- Even a half decent dealer will help you avoid those plots that have issues like filling etc. or not that good series.

-- The best solution is not to pay dealer like he is the owner. It's a general rule, get a copy of Transfer Letter even if you need to pay like 2000 to 5000 and get that verified from Transfer Office that there is no issue in transfer. Generally there are NDCs too for such issues.

-- Once the plot is clear for transfer always make sure (even if buying from closest of relatives) to pay Token Money and get Agreement with the Person Whose Name and CNIC is on Transfer Letter.

Bottom Line: Instead of avoiding the middleman completely, try to find a fair one. Chain may not always be good to break but avoid the dodgy links in that chain. If you managed to find one, job done he will charge 1% and will ensure you get the best deal! Pay plot money to only that person who is the owner on letter.

Noob,

No dealer, particularly in Bahria Town, lives off commission only. Malik Riaz has trained them well to make money through "top".

So, to avoid this "top", or serial selling of plots to jack up prices, you should refuse the deal. Usually, these "toppers" can not hold longer because they can afford biyana only, and when it comes to full payment, they run out of steam.

So do not get pushed if they try to create urgency. You should demand to deal with the owner, and if any serial sale, just back out.