Buying Flat In G-11 Isb

Salam,

1- Is it a good idea to buy a flat in G-11 Islamabad for the purpose of rent/income?

2- What's the future prospect of property value? And what about the life of such (Govt.) buildings?

3- How old are PHA flats in G 11? Please advise. Thank you in advance.

Salam,

I bought a flat on ibn e sena road (housing foundation flats) in 2011. It was a 900sq ft and on the third floor. It cost me 3.4million along with the transfer and blah blah. The rental income was 16k per month.

I sold it in oct 2013 for 3.9 million so the net profit was

0.4 million (rent) + .5 million (profit) = .9 million (total) in two and a half years.

When i was buying the flat, at that time a 30x60 plot in E-12 cost 2.2 million and a 25x40 cost rs 1.2 million.

In the amount which i invested in a flat, i could have bought two plots of 4 and 8 marlas.

At the time i was selling my flat the price of a 25x40 in E-12 was 3.5 million and that of a 30x60 was around 7 million.

My point is invest your money in plots instead of a flat, otherwise you may also regret it later like i do. Had i invested my money in plots, its profit would be around 6 million (instead of 0.9 million of my flat)

Well, there are different flats in G-11, Some are made by the PHA and some belong to Housing Foundation, some are old, but most of them are newly built like 4-5 years old max.

Those flats are considered a fair investment in terms of rental, it is less as compared to private flats but they don't have NOC.

The flat prices don't increase very fast, they are stable most of the times, only benefit you get out of them is rental you get every month.

You can earn more better profit if you invest in plots rather than flats but again it is personal choice of every individual.

A very nice analysis and conclusion by Salman.

@ Salman, Nasir & IB. Very nice analysis. Please advise me which sector is best for investment in plots. My budget is 5 million. Investment period 2 to 3 years. Thanks a lot

@ Mohd…A 10 marla plot in dha phase 2 sector N will be a good option for you…If you increase your budget,you can get a kanal plot as well in N block…

@Mohd: I am not aware of DHA so I cannot say anything about DHA. Saadi is well aware of that area. Nasir sb can guide you more about that. You may check G-13, G-14/4,or D-12. If I had 5m, I might have gone for D-12. My suggestions might not be very accurate. However, forum experts would guide you in a better way.

@ IB…Sir d-12 has already a very high price tag and not much juice is left to be squeezed out that is why i have not suggested him that area…Other wise it is a good option for long term.Btw g-13 and g-14/4 is also a good option but he will get a 25x40 plot only in this price.

@Saadi: thank you Saadi for the clarification. Is it same with G-13 and G-14? I think on this forum there is not much talk about DHA as compare to posts about BE, BT, Multi etc. Saadi, it would be great for members of this forum if you please elaborate about DHA as you know about it well. I think it would be better if a separate thread be created on investment opportunities in DHA ISLAMABAD.

Ok sir i will create it today IN WHICH I WILL MENTION ALL THE OPTIONS…Btw i already created a thread about defence paradise.

Thanks Saadi for the valuable info, that would be a great idea, looking foreward to that thread :)

G-13 4 Marla plot is a good investment now.

Top city 10 Marla is another good option, you can buy 4 plots in Top City E and F block in 5 Million.

Regards,

Thanks dear brothers. So should I go for a 25x40 plot in G 13? what about F - 17, B-17 or AWT or any other options? some friends recommend I-16

@Mohd: I think I-16 is lower than you budget limit. Secondly, Its not comparable to G-13. I’d support your decision to buy in G-13. Is G-13/4 and G-13/1 better than G-13/2 and 3? How about a small size plot D-12… May be in 5 to 5.5m? Can some one please compare G-13 and D-12? Also please give a thought to what Saadi proposed you in DHA. May be you have a visit of DHA and then decide.

Yes, I have visited DHA; everything is OK but to travel on Islamabad highway (to and fro) Islamabad is an ordeal. So I'd prefer Zone 2.

I personally like G 13 but many people say the prices are around maximum. D 12 is a good option but I'm not sure about the actual price of a 25x40 plot. May be its out of my budget?

What about E 16 ?

@Mohd: I think E-16 is a god option. But b4 going for E-16, you may please check out G-15 and G-16/4. Syed Ibrahim sb I think would guide you well about G sector. You may write him an email. I do not know any person who deals in G-15 or 16 but at this forum there would be other members like Syed Amjad who might know/deal in G-15 or G-16.

4 Marla plot in G-13 is a good investment, B-17 rates are falling down, they are already too high, they will not take a jump on Margalla Avenue access.

Plus they are about to launch F and G block in B-17, one should wait for it as even if the prices will be high still, they will be on installments.

Plus if you have worked on flats PHa/Housing in G-11, pls guide us about the rates of different sizes of flats plus what is the best option available, any good deal you have got up till now ?

It will help people here who are interested in buying those flats.

@IB. Thank you sir for your recommendation but may I please clarify that I am an ordinary investor with a couple of plots in G-15 also, but I am not a dealer myself :)

To be honest, I am not very sure about the direction the market is going to take in the near future as major projects are under-performing these days including Bahria and Multi. Of the places where I have my investments currently, G-15 is stable, Bahria Phase 8 is in a tailspin, BE2 wont give anything immediately while prices of Enclave 1 have also slowly started receding. Only AWT is in positive territory and providing continuous growth so far. Recently visited the office of Syed Ibrahim sb to get some advice but unfortunately couldn't meet him.

However, if prices of G-13 and 14 rise, I think G-15 will also adjust its value. If the society gets a better management after elections, it could really gain a lot.

Thanks IB, Nasir and Syed Amjad sb.

again: would you please compare E 16 plot and G 13 (25x40 plot)? What size can I get in E 16? What's E-16 status? When Can I start construction?

2- I haven't finalised to buy a flat in g 11. So I didn't work much; just got an idea of price and it's from 35 to 60 lac according to size.

Thanks a lot