DHA Phase-2 and Bahria Town [1-6]

Can any body guide me, how is dha phase-2 islamabad for investment purpose now. As there is price spike in bahria town phase [1-6] which is almost in same vicinity but the prices of dha phase-2 are still normal.

Is it good for short or long term investment. Are there chances of price hike same as bahria town. ??

Secondly, is the price hike in bahria town [1-6] artificial/temporary and likely to drop soon??

Well million dollar question.:) First i would share my view regarding price hike in bahria town. Is it artificial/temporary/will drop down?

When i bought a plot of 1 kanal in 44 lacs (current value1 crore 20 lac) couple of years before in bahria town after visiting dha phase 2 and bahria town, i bought on the following observation.

Although prices were nearly same in both bahria and dha phase 2. Lot of beautiful houses were constructed in bahria while lot of empty land with no construction process was going on in dha phase 2.

One could easily judge the difference of quality of construction between bahria and dha phase 2.

Secondly i knew that bahria s biggest ever project is bahria phase 8 with more than hundred thousand plots in it.If bahria want to make it successful they will have to increase the prices of bahria phase 1-6.

Already service standards provided by bahria was unmatchable with any other society in pakistan. People started living in bahria.

What they had to do is to increase prices of these sectors to attract people to phase 8.Since high army officials were being employed by bahria who must have invested their own money in bahria too, everybody would be keen to see bahria phase 8 to be successful instead of dha phase 2.

Same thing happened, according to my point of view , big market pundits have billions of rupees to buy plots by themselves to increase prices in bahria and ordinary people joined them because of quality of services and big profit margin.

So i think prices are being manipulated by big property giants in bahria. Is it artificial or temporary. Answer is no.

If you look at posh areas of islamabad like f-10/f-11/d/12,i/8/3. Price of 1 kanal plot there is 3-5 crores.I am not talking about e-7 or f-7, f-8 either where prices of 1 kanal is more than this. Even g/13, g-14 is still expensive than bahria. So i feel bahria is still undervalued and property king will continue increasing its price.

Now what could happen to dha phase 2. Ordinary person would see 1 kanal plot of 60-65 lac in dha phase 2 while 10 marla plot in bahria is 70 lac plus now. Ordinary person would go towards dha phase now. So it will rise too but on merit. People will evaluate quality of defence phase 2 and bahria, if they wont find big difference they will prefer dha phase 2. So i think it will rise too but it will all depend on quality of services by dha and prices of bahria.

I personally feel its not bad idea to buy in dha 2 but it can only be decided after visiting dha.

Thank you very much for taking time out and explaining in details.

I think there may be two more reasons that are preventing dha ph-2 to match with bahria.

1 - flop dha valley scheme ( i am also victim of that) 2 - war on terrorism have engaged the top military officials and consumed funds.