Expert Opinion Needed On DHA Valley Islamabad

DHA valley Islamabad … Which apparently seems to have a promising future… Can prove to be a good investment or otherwise… Lets discuss its pros and cons.

Come on guys..share ur views...how do u see DHA valley as a future investment???

I would urge senior contributors to guide ..the people..

Regards.

Very very very long term investment. You will see good profit in about 10 years or longer. Good you want to invest in somewhere cheap and forget about it.

I would say that DHA Valley is a long term investment, so if some one can wait for 7 to 10 years, then he/ she should invest in DHA Valley otherwise stay away from that.

REgards

Sir thx for sharing ur views, 1. But how we can say that it will take 10 years to develop DHA VALLEY??? will DHA bring a bad name for it, for prolonging this project that long???? 2. Moreover, if we suppose that it will take 5 years to develop..then dont u think that its a better investment ..as it may pay u in 2-3 years once the development starts there??

please comment.

I'm also interested to get senior member's views on DHA Valley. 7 to 10 Years???

Dha valley was a good project but due to over booking and large number of plots its price is always in minus. We cant predict same time for whole dha valley as few blocks will be develop with in 3 to 5 years and rest will take time. Development work is already doing in few starting blocks, those blocks are good for investment but minimum 3 to 5 years time

Ibrahim sab thx for sharing ur views… It means u recommend the starting blocks for investment ?? one can go for it now??

DHA Valley is a massive project and bigger than BT Phase 8. I think that BT 8 was launched in 2003 and just now we are starting to see a few houses being developed after 10 years. DHA Valley has been even slower to start any work. No doubt it will be a great place to live when completed and will be a city within a city but it will take take time and you need to be a long term investor (long meaning 5 to 10 years) to benefit otherwise you would be better making investment elsewhere.

BTW what are the prices of plots in DHA Valley nowadays? Residential and commercial?

Arshad sab..price of 8 marla good located residential plot is approx .9 to 1 million...

So in that budget..with the brand name of DHA , isnt it a good investment?? moreover , in that range i.e 9 to 10 lac what other options do we have in Islamabad for a good and safe return ??

For the long term investor and lazy investor it would be good. But if you look in a bit more detail you will see that plot prices have gone up quite a bit almost everywhere and in DHA Valley there has been only a slight improvement (and allowing for inflation adjusted prices you would probably be looking at a loss). Unless and until DHA shows more progress on the ground DHA Valley will underperform. Even if DHA fully gears up in development it will still take years before the area is developed.

These plots were 2-3 lakhs 3 years ago!(when property bubble burst) then it was worth it! but now for that price you can purchase a possession 5 marla in pechs and atleast you have something to build on straightaway - the only thing putting me off pechs is the road access whether it will actually connect to Kashmir highway which is a question mark on. Dha valley is very long term investment, its a huge project which is far from complete. Investors paid a lot of money after being promised possession within 5 years but that never happened! for very long term investment dha valley or dha phase 2 ext are good investments not for short term! phase 2 ext is more expensive so you may have to think twice about whether you want to stake high but im sure it would be fruitful in the end but along time to wait though! don't hold your breath if you do not receive possession in 5 years as its a mega huge project so would say that they would start giving possession in around 7 or so years! things are very uncertain with dha due to size of project and the behind the scenes politics side of it also.

You are right Arshad, if some one can wait for the longterm then there is no harm in DHA Valley, but if you can’t then there is no point in investing there. REgards

Arshad sab …Kindly let us know then alternate options in 9 to 10 lac…bcoz we would love to be an active investor… :). If we are likely to get good and early return…somewhere else… Can we go for Top City 10 marla as an alternate?? or jinnah garden in 11 lac?? or any other ??

You may check Multi Residencia of MPCHS near Jang Bhathar Motorway Interchange in this range. Regards

Good question bluedoc. I was considering dha phas 2 ext but that's out of my budget. I was considering something with possession pechs buts only 5 marla for 12 lakhs. Gulberg is way out of my budget.

so this answer would be helpful.

Without having knowledge about prices and schemes as I am out of the country, it would seem that you have two options a) to reduce the size of the plot in order to get something in your budget i.e maybe look at 5 marla plots or b) increase your budget and get something where you can see some progress on the ground.

BTW a friend of mine has been quoted a minus 1.5 lacs price for his plot in DHA Valley. Is that the rate or is his dealer trying to take advantage of him since he is overseas?

AoA!

pros and cons of DHa valley.... I didnt know tht there were any pro's to investment in valley. It is a v long term investment.....i dnt see it happening for myself... May b for may kids.... And i doubt tht it will hv any future of any kind........ Even if it is delivered fully in lets say 8 years... Then how long wud it be that there wud b fully functional schools, shopping center's and gas stations inside it... And i am nt even talking about job opportunity.... People having limited budget to invest might see valley as an opportunity but does any one think what wud b the living expense in the valley? how much wud it cost u interm of fuel only to get to the main city for ur job and back to ur home in valley? Even today going to Isb from DHA in ur own car for shopping, job etc will cost u atleast a good 20 to 25 k per month and even more. Unless u prefer going to rwp which is v near to DHA. And the situation will only get worse in 8 to 10 years. Plots might b delivered in valley in may b 7 years or so but it wil b v v v v long b4 it becomes economically feasible to live there. And unless that happens, there is no point in thinking about going there. So its better to invest in some place which will give u a better return in lesser amount of time and that's what a real profit is in my opinion!

Also plz visit the following page in facebook to c how ppl are are regretting their decision of investment in a valley project: https://www.facebook.com/groups/134790446531074/

p.s. Its my personal opinion. Others might disagree.

Dear Faizan Khan

We value and respect your personal view point.

Nice effort.

REgards

Thanks alot :slight_smile: