Future of B-17?

What is future of b-17?What will be effect of new airport on prices of b-17 and overall zone-2 prices?And is latest status of margalla avenue will it be complete on time or not?

Since margalla avenue project started late, then its development stopped. So one should not expect its completion in time. Once it will resume construction work (hopefully) after elections, then one should make a guess. (at least round oct-nov 2013 one can evaluate real situation - how long will it take more to complete)

Are there any price increase in 3-4 months due to cargo service

One should not link airport with b-17 since there are two separate things. Why there should be an impact if there is no road linking airport and b17 directly until in future margalla extension that is supposed to link motorway (in future). A person then in d12 will prefer to use margalla, motorway and led to airport. But why today? Even with in zone 2 it is far distant from airport, is not it?

Secondly airport progress is very slow and it will not be completed for cargo even this year. I was talking to one of the contractor working there he told me that it is not possible because office infrastructure should still not ready till that time... A small personal fokker some one landed once on runway for publicity only. Thats what i know. May be some one let you more about real situation.

Prices should start increasing when margalla road work will resume, and that will be exopected after elections (may be 2 months or so after elections, we can only hope for good) :slight_smile:

That will depend on the new govt’s priorities. They may or may not be interested in moving this forward. If you remember, punjab govt has opposed the project because the land was given by punjab govt to federal govt on lease. So if mian saab wins the elections, then i dont know what they will do with the project.

Dear pk1,

What you will suggest either i should wait for next year [when possession of e block] or sell it now and invest my hard earn money some where else like bahria town safari valley or ghuri town because i had paid 4 lahk premium on 30*60 plot in e block.I am to much worried because no positive news about margalla road is coming now a days.

Thanks

Dear ali, there are still many positive things about b-17.

First point, the margalla road project is not shelved - just slowed down due to lack of funds. It will be completed.

Second point, the zone 2 location of b-17 makes it close to taxila, wah and to pindi, and potentially islamabad (when margalla avenue will be completed);

Third point, the development standard is very good;

Fourth point, prices in zone 2 will rise after airport inauguration. I admit b-17 is far from the airport but if prices take a big jump because of airport in zone 2 generally, b-17 will be impacted because of general price rise.

Fourth point, when margalla avenue second phase (running between gt road and m-1 motorway) is completed in the future, residents will have direct access to motorway on one side and d-12 on the other side.

My advice is, dont sell it when prices are slow. Sell it when prices are fast, and that time will be soon when work restarts on the under construction margalla road. Insha. Allah

Thanks pk1 for your quick reply and very informative advice