How to ensure property belongs to seller in Pakistan

Hello,

I am an overseas Pakistani, and I have just gotten a bug/itch to start considering of buying a property in Pakistan... I am more interested in Kalar Kahar area or Jauharabad near Khushab... But mainly Kalar Kahar.

Out here it is very easy and simple when you buy a property there are lawyers involved and thanks to a proper system in place, you don't have to worry about getting cheated. The same cannot be said for Pakistan unfortunately due to all the stories we hear (I don't want to over generalize here either, as it is not really all that bad either, but just to be on the safe side). I do not want to buy a property etc and then have someone later show up as the true owner, so how or what is the proper way of ensuring the person selling is the actual owner of the property.

Also, if someone knows of any new communities in the Kalar Kahar region or builders etc, please share, it would be much appreciated.

Much thanks in advance.

I think there are more chances of litigation in buying open land as opposed to plots in approved schemes. As an overseas investor that last thing you want is to tied up in litigation that will drag on for months or years. I have never bought any open land so don't know the procedure. I think you have to be careful and get a lawyer to check the paperwork before buying and then to build a wall as soon as you have purchased.

I am sure that someone on this forum would be able to give you better advice. There are good people and bad people in Pakistan so you cannot generalize however you have to be extra alert there. I hope that the government computerizes all the land record in the next few years to increase investment in Pakistan as people will be more likely to invest if they feel their investment is safe.

Brother you have to see ownership form and file of plot, if it is in any housing scheme it’s data will be available in the society office go there for verification, and do not forget to see original ID card of owner and match it with that person and the copy on plot file, after that you have to write the stamp paper and fulfilling the condition the owner will transfer you the plot in society office while having camera (may be or not) and two persons.