I-16, PECHS and FOECHS - Site Visit

Today I spent a few hours and drove through I-16, PECHS and FOECHS.

I-16 is around 20 kms from f-10 markaz. The development is comparable with any other CDA sector, however, quite a few plots seem to be in need of heavy leveling. Plot prices are roughly rs 3.5 to 4 lac per Marla. The only drawback at the moment seems to be the access through i-14. The roads are decent. I did not see any houses already constructed and just 1-2 under construction. It seems to be a 5-7 years investment at the minimum.

FOECHS is around 23 kms from F-10 markaz. The only access to the society is through i-16, which seems to be a major drawback. Development work, however, seems to be on full swing. There seems to be an issue with the high tension wires that pass through the society. Anyone who is buying there is recommended not to buy a plot under the high tension wires. Plot prices are still very low at around rs 1 to 1.2 lac per marla. The roads are decent. I did not see any houses already constructed. It seems to be a 7-8 years investment at the minimum.

FOECHS is around 22 kms from f-10 markaz. The only access to the society is through I-16, which seems to be a major drawback. Development work, however, seems to be on full swing. There seems to be an issue with the high tension wires that pass through the society. Anyone who is buying there is recommended not to buy a plot under the high tension wires. Plot prices are still very low at around Rs. 1 to 1.2 lac per Marla. The roads are decent. I did not see any houses already constructed. It seems to be a 7-8 years investment at the minimum.

PECHS is around 28 kms from f-10 markaz. Development work seems to be of above average quality, but nothing too impressive. They are developing the k and m blocks these days which will be closer to the airport and seem like a better investment. Plot prices are around Rs. 2 lac per Marla. It seems to be a 5 years investment at the minimum.

To me, I-16 seems a bit overpriced. FOECHS seems like a long term investment with no clarity on direct future road access to gt road or Kashmir High Way. PECHS appealed to me the most. Let's have a discussion.

Great work Ahmed bhai, many thanks for your efforts and for sharing your research!

I think FOECHS is the lowest priced, it touches a proper CDA sector and is located at about the same distance from central Islamabad as I-16.

Once the development work in foechs is complete, the huge price difference between I-16 and foechs will naturally become narrow. Why should someone pay four times higher price for I-16 when foechs is located in the same area.

Yes I-16 is cda sector an d will always be more expensive but the existing price differential is very high. In the end a piece of land is a piece of land. What really matters is location, development standards and facilities there will be no marked difference.

PECHS prices will rise substantially when it will be given access to Kashmir Highway extension to airport.

Thanks Ahmed bhai for sharing your experience.Did you observe any development indications in CDA sector I-15.Is there any chances for development in near future.

Is FOECHS plots open to public.

Thank you Pk1 bhai and Arshad bhai for the kind words!

@PK1, you're right that FOECHS is the lowest priced and it seems very attractive at this price. However, I am not sure about the future direct road access to Kashmir hwy or GT rd. To me that was a turnoff, but nonetheless it still is an attractive investment and the argument about comparability to I-16 is very valid.

@Arshad I did not see any signs of development in I-15. FOECHS is openly transferable, however, there are very few plots available in the market and you've to try hard to find one.

I think I am sold on PECHS and I would appreciate your thoughts on the new blocks K and M. I am considering to buy a 40 * 60 commercial plot in sector M for 1 crore (if I am able to arrange it :) ). What do you guys think?

30 * 60 residential plots in the same block also seem nice.

A query in my mind which i would like to answered by respectable members... Is it a wise decision to dump 1 crore rs in society like pechs for a commercial plot????

Yes anyone can buy foechs. Plots from existing members. But you should check status of dues on the file. Many members have not yet paid the final instalment of development charges. The amount of outstanding development charges and penalty should be deducted from price otherwise the plot should be all dues clear. .

Well,i have visited the pechs and M block looks very attractive as it is close to kashmir highway and airport. I may not be able to buy a commercial plot as it is out of my range but residential plots of 10 marla and 5 marla and 7 marla r very good options. Specially on main boulevard, I am almost done to buy one plot atleast. Need opinions of other friends

Go for commercial plot in PECHS. It is very good option at present and have very high potential. Specially after airport is fully operational, the value of these commercials will be very high. M block commercials are good as these are on installments and you can easily afford. Also K block commercials are good option but now these are available on profit of minimum 10 lacs.

@Rohail: what are prices of residential plots in K and M blocks? can you please update us.

In K block i kanal plot will be from 28 lacs to 35 lacs, in M block, plots are on installments, here you can get 1 kanal plot in 42 lacs with one year payment plan. Visit www.manahilestate.com for more details or call 03212837096.