Investment

Hello members,

I need your expert advice for the investment.

I would like to invest 20 million to buy a property. I am thinking of a couple of options.

1) Buy a plot (dha 5 seems to be better option so far. I guess if I buy a pair of plots next to each other it will be better)

2) Buy a shop in zone 1 islamabad or a house in bahria phase 1 to 6.

Please let me from the above which option to go for? I am not looking to build the house or something in near future and I can hold these for next few years In sha allah.

Also, for the below if you have any better ideas please let me know. Thanks.

I have 100k euros in my account I think it is better to hold this amount due to current rupee devaluation and invest somewhere in europe in a residential or commercial property.

If you would like to get a rent then obviously go for a shop or a house in ph 1-6 ten Marla used

Buy for the sake of return I would suggest get a few plots of kanal 10 marla etc in Gulberg residencia, it has been giving good returns lately

Other members could shed light on other societies

Dont think you can transfer euros from Pakistan to Europe for business purpose.

How about a small house in Zone 1?

If he has an account in Europe then sure he can

Good Investment in Foregin Currency (Pegged with USD) till Dec 2019 = Keep it saved in the account where it currently is.

Real Estate will have much slower gains at-least till the end of this year. USD is predicted to go even higher in next 6 odd months.

Imtiaz sb, the strong desire is that this wish or prediction of yours never fulfil and all the brothers who are carrying dollars close to their hearts in the hope of getting more higher rates just remain on this hope for ever. Amin !
Learn from nations to support their countries in the difficult time, rather take the advantage of the situation. If Holding property is not that fruitful currently, still we can make money by construction and selling, each 10 marla house construction and selling within few months can easily bring you profit of 2.5-4 million.
Property in Pakistan will always be beneficial in long term, its a country of huge population and genuine land demand will always be there.
Imtiaz sb, you are very calculative and analytic, please don’t advise on easy holdings, you will have even more brighter ideas on making more money than holding dollars, end of the day it’s our motherland, we owe her something in return.

Asalam o alikum if you want any information regarding Bahria Enclave Islamabad than let me know please thanks

Sohail Bhai, I guess sometimes beyond one's wishes and reflection of ' Ultra Patriotism', lies common sense to simply answer what has been asked, simple as that :) it's simply a Boolean situation answer and I just did that.

We all have difference of opinions and they should be reflected. However, for the sake of answering a simple question, it's better sometimes to put that 'Ultra-Nationalist-Cayegory A Citizenship' glasses away for a while that judges others on each single difference of opinion.

I had and I would prefer Honest Advise and neutrality above self-boasted patriotism that judges other and that is what was my answer earlier to the original question :)

Re: Currency VS Real Estate, I have deatiled answer on very first page of Currency Devaluation thread...

By the way, it's more exports, less import will do the trick to strengthen the PKR, burning USDs or handing them to State Bank will not, if one knows how the Interbank Works!

Be Blessed!

No one knows where ones good is writen, even your simple advise to hold dolor cannot necessarily make any trick, rather can make opposite.

by keeping petrotism on one side last givt kept RS on fake level with zero exports and only imports still RS was stable for long so this trick also doesnt work always.

Reading the initial question and my answer may help to come out of the wrong impression about my simple advise to hold dolor.

I didnt advise so, the answer was overseas having saving in whatever foreign currency (USD, EUR, SAR etc.) at this point can retain the saving rather then real estate investment till Dec 2019 to avoid any disappointment/loss

Rest, I cant do much about individual's assumptions and wrong interpretations.

The following data from Pakistan Bureau of Statistics bust the blanket statements like zero exports and only imports

Self explanatory:

https://tradingeconomics.com/pakistan/exports
https://tradingeconomics.com/pakistan/imports

Thanks for sharing the links, showing very clearly that all economic indicators are much better currently compare to PMLN tenure.

Thanks for looking into links to admit that "zero exports and only imports" was a bluff of a statement :)

I would urge to see data for 5 years and see for yourself. Wishing for economy to get strengthened, no other option. But only Imports and Exports are not "all economic indicators". Also see 5 yrs data.

"economic indicators are much better currently compare to PMLN tenure." =

* Claimed as Best ever Fin. Minister Fired for bad Performance
* Non-elected (PPP) ex-Finance Minister Hired for fixing
* FBR team overhauled to save falling tax collections

----------

Let me put the data again, to also bust the myth "showing very clearly that all economic indicators are much better currently compare to PMLN tenure."

See next post for a Clear Show of Prime Economic Indicators. Its only Data for Data that counts, not personal wishes/desires without the backup evidence.

KEY ECONOMIC INDICATORS
-----------------------

Data & Figures
- Google Currency Exchange (Inter-bank)
- State Bank of Pakistan
- Pakistan Bureau of Statistics

A Currency Depreciation (Depreciation/Anum)
--------------

Last Govt.

- PM First day in Office - Jun 05, 2013: USD = 98.55
- PM Last day in Office - May 31, 2018: USD = 115.77

[Duration 1820 days, Net Depreciation = 17.22 PKR, Depreciation/Day= 0.0094 PKR, Depreciation/Anum = 3.44 PKR]

Care Take Govt.

• PM First day in Office on Jun 01, 2018: USD = 115.78
  • PM Last day in Office on Aug 17, 2018: USD = 123.71

[Duration 78 days, Net Depreciation = 7.93 PKR, Depreciation/Day= 0.1016 PKR, Depreciation/Anum = 37.10* PKR *(Projected on Scale of 12 Months)]

#Current Govt.
  • PM First day in Office on Aug 18, 2018: USD = 123.71
  • To Date Apr 07, 2019: USD = 151.48

[Duration 284 days, Net Depreciation = 27.77 PKR,Depreciation/Day= 0.0977 PKR Depreciation/Anum = 35.69 PKR (Projected on Scale of 1 Yr)]

Source: https://markets.businessinsider.com/currencies/usd-pkr
    ---------

B GDP (%)
    -----
    [2013 to 2018 linear path = 3.68, 4.06, 4.56, 5.37, 5.79. 5.2] Year 2019, in Progress

Source: https://tradingeconomics.com/pakistan/gdp-growth-annual
    -----

C** Stock Market (Index Points)
    -----
    Jan 2014 = 28726
    Jun 2018 = 44000
    Apr 2019 = 37521

Source: https://tradingeconomics.com/pakistan/stock-market
    -----

D Unemployment (%)
    -----
    [2013 to 2019 linear path = 6.3, 6.0, 5.9, 5.9, 6.01, 6.07, 6.14]

Source: https://www.ceicdata.com/en/indicator/pakistan/forecast-unemployment-rate
    -----

E Interest rate (%)
    -----
    Jun 2013 = 9.1%
    Jun 2018 = 7.9%
    Apr 2019 = 10.9%

Source: https://tradingeconomics.com/pakistan/interest-rate
    -----

F Inflation (%)
    -----
    Jun 2013 = 7.5%
    Jun 2018 = 7.2%
    Apr 2019 = 10.9%

Source: https://tradingeconomics.com/pakistan/inflation-cpi
    -----

A. Currency Value: Purchasing Power of Nation
    B. GDP: National Level Production (Internal Use + Export)
    C. Stock Market: National Trading & Stocks Investments
    D. Unemployment: Lack of Jobs/Skills as National Burden
    E. Interest Rate: Proportion charged as interest to the borrower
    F. Inflation: Increase prices & decreased value of money

All Key Economic Areas & Figures above from SBP and National Bureaus of Statistics are self-explanatory.

The pick of date and data of your choice wont work, the fact is trade dificit and balalance of payments are improved in this few months compare to what were left behind.

There is no comparisson of Monkeys with a true leader, who is clean and having a vision, earlier this two maion things were missing.

I had a chance to visit some of the so called poor countries like Indonesia, Thailand, philipine, Vietnam and Srilanka etc, believe me they have 100 times better infrastructure then us, having good entertainment facilities, parks, nice transports, nice airports, better roads, big malls and at least no one crying for basic things like power and security, you will be ashamed to see yourself after visiting any of this poor countries, the life style majority of pakistanis are spnding is far below then any other similar level of country. we are in stone age still, the capital city of pakistan is having only one mall where they change tickets from single man to enter to the mall.

dont you realize what they have given you for the last 3 decades that still collecting data and arguying for this currupt useless politician, are we still proud of what PMLN and PPP did in past. is this what a country needs.

at least now we have a change, lets give them time, if God forbid after 5 years they are the same, lets throw them out togather, but lets not defend previous govt filthy crimes by comparing with 10 months of a new start and Hope.

"The pick of date and data of your choice wont work..."

Humble request & Open Challange to furnish data & date (from official and authentic source) that suits your view and supports your claims that you made earlier (quoted as below):

- "showing very clearly that all economic indicators are much better currently compare to PMLN tenure."

- "last givt kept RS on fake level with zero exports and only imports"
-------

Much better, objective and not the cooked up fairy tales. I am waiting here to be corrected and enlightened on at least the points above.

PS: Currency Value, Employment, GDP, Inflation etc. are not some Disney Tales, they are among the very indicators of the economy!

Nauman,

I would say that keeping dollars or not its your personal choice. But if you intend to invest then i would suggest plot investment.

i-16 ( Islamabad recent underdevelopment sector)
Dha phase 5 ( As lot of construction activity has started so price will increase due to demand)
Bahria Enclave ( Not have a good idea but it already have gain prices but should have more )
Phase 8 bahria sector J &K ( as their price is less but soon will increase when E and F will be crowded)
DHA Multan files ( Ballot will be announce soon each plot will gain 10 lac atleast)
DHA Gujranwala files ( Not very sure as i have not visited)

Construction : Make a 10 marla house and sell ( return could be 1.5 to 3.5 million withing 11 to 12 months) also this give boost to industry and create jobs plus profit.

These are my choices people may differ but above are based on my personal investment and visits and study of the area.

Regards,
Abbasi

Since you are a google freak so below is the link to all your questions. I was talking common sense which doesnt work in all cases..... and the real exisiting condition of the country which the Monkeys left in last 30 years.... also not visible to lot of self made blinds..

https://trendspak.com/comparison-economics-ppp-pmln-pti/

zero export is a symbolic term compare to imports they made, as a common sense even if Monkeys try their best export cannot be zero zero for any country, that you are searching on googles from last 3 days.

figures google karne se assan hai, go out to any street any corner of the country , the destruction and scenes of peverty in form of sand, trash and muds flying around every where, Judge your favourite ones with this reality signs. this scenes are not of last 10 months.... there is a effort of loot ghsoot of last few decades which bring the country to this shape.

Believe me my school collage time was much beautiful pakistan then what they made in last few decades.

I guess not a Rocket Science to figure out

Pakistan Bureau of Statistics + State Bank of Pakistan NOT EQUALS Google.

Sorry state of interpretation.

So what the common sense? Halal Amnesty? Crashing PKR? Smashing 200 BN on IMF face? Zardari's (claimed as Chor) Ex-Fin. minister as Fin. Minister of Naya Pak, Increasing Inflation? Decreasing Employment? etc.

Sohail Bhai,

Regarding that 'trendspak.com' even 3 clicks (under 5 seconds) reveal that Economic Indicator Show being run by some PTI fanboy...

No one with least bit of sense would give the slightest damn to what a Patwari/Jiala/Youthia running paid contents show on some random web portal. Even the laziest of the 'Google Freak' will go beyond that to bring in tiniest bit of credibility to that... :)

Do, some fanboy's moderated portal/social media page (that explicitly says PML vs PPP vs PTI) has same value and credibility as that of facts/figures/data from official state sources (SBP, PBS)?

Probably not that hard o figure out, instantly...