Investment of 13 million in islamabad

I know this question has been asked like a zillion times but here i go again

I have around 13 million (1-2 million extra can be arranged). I want to buy property with the idea that i will build a house on it in 2-3 years when i come back (although you never know these days when you have to come back). I was hoping to buy 2 plots. One for building a house and one for investment so when i come back to pakistan in 2-3 years, i can sell one of them off and use the money to build the house. Here is what i have come up so far

For building house:

Bahria enclave (8-10 marla)
Dha phase 2 (10 marla)
Bahria town
Islamabad 12-15 (any of the e, f, g, h, i)

For investment:

I-14 or i-16 (cda ones)
B-17
Mumtaz city

Can you guys suggest a good combo. I like bahria enclave. Although prices have already increased too much but i hope i can get a 10 marla plot. Are there any blocks there with possession and relatively cheaper (which will be fully developed in next 2-3 years).

Someone suggested to buy 1 kanal in dha phase 4 for 8-9 million but i think it will take a long time before it's properly developed. So 2nd option is a 10 marla in dha phase 2 (if it can come in that price)

For investment options i'm open to all suggestion as i would like to just get a decent profit on the peoperty. The who new isb airport thing leads me to think that that area can be a good option.

Looking for some expert suggestions. Please mention the blocks and areas within the society as well which you suggest to buy.

Thanks for the help

You have mentioned most of the options available...so, it is good, that you have done some basic ground work...
for living purposes, BE is good.... the best block for immediate living is A Block with 10 marla plots in the range of some 10 Million plus minus depending upon location and category... The next block is C1 for 10 marla, which is a bit cheaper than A Block by a million or two....
Then you have Sector G, and N 8 marla around 5 to 6 million in price.... construction of homes have started and few homes already completed in Sector G of BE... but I think it will take few more years, to be properly livable....
As you have mentioned that rates in BE are quite high, I agree and from now on, the rates will increase slowly, gradually and steadily.....
I-14 and I-16 are good for investment period of 3 to 5 years.... but pathetic living standard.... I-16 is really dependent upon direct access from Kashmir Highway around H-16 (proposed Jail)... it will increase value of I-16.
B-17 is an established project.... plots are in thousands in numbers.... prices are slowly increasing after stagnation of few years....
Mumtaz City is an excellent project, with great location and access to Islamabad though Kashmir Highway... Standard of development is good... Planning of the society is one of the best in the area.... It has very good potential for growth in the coming few years... it will also be very good for personal living....
DHA is a good brand name with secure investment and good living standard.... no need for any explanation....
I would suggest for distribution of investments in different projects:
30x60 possession plot in Mumtaz City around 4.5 to 5 Million.
8 Marla plot in BE in Sector N around 5 Million.
30x60 plot ready for possession in B-17 E Block for 2.5 to 5 Million.
Regards

Khan sahib do u recommend investment in b 17 now a days…

@Aston:

Not for short term... For medium to long term YES...

Regards

Sir i think you should split it between dha phase 5 P block kanal plot and another investment at some other place.Later on when u want to have a plot for house,u can sell that kanal plot to shift for a 10 marla in dha phase 2 as there is more flexibility in a kanal of P block to grow.For living,definitely dha 2 surely tops the list.

Thanks Mr. Khan. Just a few follow-up questions:

1) Sector N in BE will be developed in 2-3 years time? As you mentioned it won't be properly livable for a few years? Block A and C1 are good for immediate living. Any sector in between? the one which is expected to be in 2-3 years, where Sector A is right now in terms of being livable.

2) Any particular location Mumtaz City or anywhere is fine?

3) Also if I have to pick between Bahria Enclave and DHA to live in 2-3 years, what would be your recommendation keeping in view the Signal Free Islamabad Highway Plan and it's impact on Daily commute/Traffic?

As per my understanding, coming from Bahria Enclave to Murree Road/ISB Highway/Zero Point is still a 25-30 minute Drive. Is there any road planned for that area and expected to be operational in 2-3 year times. From daily commute to Islamabad point of view, which is better.

Thanks for the help

Welcome

Sector N 8 marla plots are ready for possession... Two homes are under construction.... Sector N 10 marla are under development.... Possession of 10 marla will take few more years.... Sector A and C1 are good for immediate living... Sector A has a lot of families already living there with all facilities available....

In MC, Chenab block is with possession and Ravi block will get possession in coming few months.....

Choice between BE and DHA is personal liking/ disliking... Both are equally good....

From BE, another road will be connected with Lethrar road...

Regards

Mumtaz city may become illegal due to airport runway expansion issues.Be careful.

Topcity recently had a scam with Rangers took away their owners blindfolded. Be careful again.

@Me

Good joke sir....

Dear UAE Expat,

1:Bahria town Phase-8 is best for house construction so purchase one 10 marla plot in Overseas sector-6 or sector-4 or F-1 and forget 2 to 3 years.Cost of good 10 marla around 5.5 to 6.5 million.

2:Remaining amount for investment go to I-14 or B-17 Phase A,C,E or D-17 Margalla View Housing Society (MVHS) or Cabinet Division E-16/17.

All above options are 100% safe so my advice to you always play in safe zone.

Regards

UAE Expat,

Nadeem Sb. Mentioned diversified and most sensible option. His first option is backed by Rawalpindi Ring Road project. His second option is keeping in mind Margalla Avenue and future influx of genuine buyers towards Zone-II. So true guru has spoken. Love his feedback every-time.

Although, considering your situation I would invest this money in commercial plot somewhere. Commercial will give you far better ROI in 3 years. If commercial is out of your budget, you can easily find partner and buy jointly.

Even if you can't find commercial in a society, look in to other older settlements.

With all respect that I have for all Guru's on this forum. I would like to humbly disagree a little bit on a couple of options here:..

Someone who cant' travel to zero point with 20 min drive from BE, you are sending him to phase 8, with 10 M plot at 6 million.

E-16/17 Cabinet built a few decades ago, is still not livable with basic necessities of life, and it seems it will be the same story in coming decade, courtesy its Management... Society also commonly known as Babo'n ki society.

Nadeem Ahmed,

Thanks for the suggestion. I have been following you, Falcon and Mr. Khan's suggestion on multiple posts. Can you give your opinion about Enclave. The reason why i like it is because of the location. And also most likely with the field that i'm associated with, my work will be mainly in Islamabad (F-7 to F-11 area). So Enclave seems like a better option. Any reasons for preferring Bahria Phase 8 over enclave, as Both are bahria projects?

Regarding I-14, B-17, D17 & Cdechs (E-16/17) which one would you rate higher in terms of potential profit and which one would be more likely to be more livable in 3 year. Also someone on the forums mentioned that some of the sectors are having under-ground water issue. Is there any truth to that?

Falcon:

Thanks for the suggestion. Regarding dha phase 5 P block kanal plot, how much is the average price these days. And any ideas how much i could get it 3 years down the road. Would this area be developed enough in 3 years to build a home and live there or will it take more time. DHA looks like a great place in terms of quality. I just want to know which phase of DHA is expected to follow phase 2 next in terms of success, quality of living and development

UAE expat sir.Phase 5 is definitely going to follow phase 2 in terms of quality of living and other standrads.P block may be livable 5 years down the road.I was just recommending u phase 5 P block for the reason being that it has growth margin and u can sell it anytime to go for 10 marla in dha 2 or enclave.Enclave i dont recommend because of its access plus dont know why but it gives congested look to me atleast.Secondly interms of distance,dha 2 and enclave are almost equally located from islamabad.With highway expansion takinh place in parts,zone 5 would enjoy much better access.

Dear UAE Expat,

No doubt Enclave one of best developed project and it's closer to Islamabad than Bahria phase-8.

Reason no-1:Worst access

Reason no-2: No Objection Certificate NOC by CDA.Park View City Islamabad by Aleem Khan is illegal according to CDA which is very close to Enclave.

It's true Bahria Phase-8 is far from Islamabad but it have multiple access.Access no-1:By Dha phase-1,no-2:Bahria Phase-7,No-3:Adiala Road,No-4:Going to open Dha Phase-3 and in future Dha phase-4 which will touch Askari-14 and there will be bridge between phase-8 to Dha phase-4.

Other hand Dha phase-5 is better option because of signal free expressway.

Regards

Dear UAE Expat,
No doubt Enclave one of best developed project and it's closer to Islamabad than Bahria phase-8.
Reason no-1:Worst access
Reason no-2: No Objection Certificate NOC by CDA.Park View City Islamabad by Aleem Khan is illegal according to CDA which is very close to Enclave.
It's true Bahria Phase-8 is far from Islamabad but it have multiple access.Access no-1:By Dha phase-1,no-2:Bahria Phase-7,No-3:Adiala Road,No-4:Going to open Dha Phase-3 and in future Dha phase-4 which will touch Askari-14 and there will be bridge between phase-8 to Dha phase-4.
Other hand Dha phase-5 is better option because of signal free expressway.
Regards

Falcon,

How much is the price of 1 Kanal in DHA Phase 5 Block P? Also one more thing, any block in phase 5 which is more developed (I mean which will be ready in 2-3 years). I'm willing to pay more if 2-3 years down the road i can start building a house there Im leaning more towards DHA now after reading all the suggestions and reviews and the Enclave access thing. So if you can suggest the following

1) Any blocks in Phase 5 which will be livable in 2-3 years and the price of 1 kanal and 10 marla there?

2) Current average price of 1 kanal in Phase 5 Block P.

UAE expat sir.Surely there are two blocks with possession and with mild construction activity having 50 to 70 houses.Maps are passed for more houses aswell.They are K L blocks reafy to construct having construction activity in early phases and where a reasonable plot of 500sqyds located in above average street is for 13 million,give or take few.2 to 3 years from now,construction activity will defintely be paced up in phase 5 aswell.A very limited number of 10 marlas in available in phase 5 at the very best location with possession and they are surely expensive.

P block prices are 95 to 120 approx.

For best deals and guidance,u can contact me at 03455370978.

Nadeem Bhai,

So Park view being illegal can impact Bahria Enclave as well (in terms of development of new roads)?

Secondly as i asked before How would you rank the top 3 zone 2 options for purely investment and profit purposed

1)

2)

3)