Land for resort

Dear gurus,
I am looking to buy cheap but scenic land in outskirts of some hill station like murree galiyat or monal side. Purpose is to build small tourist resort.
Please suggest following
Place to consider which is scenic as well as cheap land.
What could be land rates and total budget i should keep in mind for small to medium size resort.
Please add points to consider in land purchase in such areas.

For tourist resort both the outskirts of ISB and Murree are quite attractive as local as well as outstation tourists can easily access both. ISB outskirts can be more accessible and a bit on expensive side. However, outstation tourists prefer Murree & Kashmir more due to high-altitude and much better weather in the Summer and comparatively cheap land. For resort, as per my views I would suggest Murree or specifically New Murree area that is closer to ISB and already an established tourist spot with Chair Lift operating. There are a few hotels there but nothing like a proper resort for hire/rent.

Some points that may be helpful:

1. How to Buy: If you buy from society that can be expensive but open land can come cheaper. Open land needs more verification and can take a bit time to get verified to be on safe side before any deal.

2. Access and Connectivity: Connectivity to road is very important especially in the Hill Area and for tourists who would prefer a place not right on the main road but closest enough to park their car, walk 1 - 2 minutes to get into the resort.

3. Safety and Security: It is fundamental as you can deploy 1 - 2 guards that can look after the place but being closer to other activities makes it more comfortable and secure.

4. Civic Amenities: Underground water level needs to be sufficient for water boring as drinking water supply may not be as proper as in cities. Also, Gas connections can be not as diversely distributed as in cities.

5. View of Hills: The view must be clear to see the mountains/valley etc., no building or hills covering the view. Also trees could not be cut unless proper permission has been sought.

6. Construction: Land connected to road not only makes access more convenient but it can also reduce the construction cost too in the context of labour and logistical issues.

I considered the points as above but from a personal utilization point of view and last year bought some open land in New Murree for personal use. Its right next to the Chair Lift. Slightly higher altitude than the main market/commercial hub but directly connected to a road.

All the best!!

*Above points and information are based on my personal interpretation and my limited knowledge. Welcome for further inputs and factual corrections!

Jazak Allah Imtiaz bai for detailed reply.

I will definately consider your points. Can you give me idea about prices in new murree and how you purchased via local property dealer? I mean who should be my first point of contact in regards land purchase in new murree or outskirts. Thanks

Salam Sufyan,

Actually 2 options can be available, i.e., cost without development and cost with development (roads, sewerage, gas lines etc.). I purchased it with a mediation of one of my relatives who is a local and used his circle and links to get that all sorted much faster. Same day payment as soon as all documents got transferred to my name with physical possession.

I can share the pictures, videos, location on map etc. In case you like to have a look and get an idea. You may leave your contact here and I will be happy to share the data as unfortunately pictures/videos could not be uploaded here and also costing can be shared in private that would be more suitable.

I can be reached at (WhatsApp/imo): 00966539257291, in case you like to.

Surely… Will add you on whatapp to get more info about new murree. Thanks for help.