Long term investment

Salaam all. We live in the uk and hope to invest in property in isb/rwp for our children. Our children love pakistan so we want them to have their own place so that they continue to come and enjoy their country. The aim is to buy something which allows us to pay in installments over a few years. Ideally we would like to buy a house so land and developed house. We don’t want something too expensive as we will only be visiting maybe once or twice a year for maybe 3 weeks at a time. I like bahria but i don’t understand all the phases. I’ve heard it’s a good time to buy near the new airport? Any advice would be appreciated.

In my view Bahria Enclave Islamabad would be ideal for you....

If you are interested towards new airport area, then F-17 Multi is safe and secure place to invest with no worries and tension.

Regards

@MR.Khan thank you for your response. Do you have any links to reputable websites that i could have a look at for prices?

Is F-17 already developed or in the process of being developed?

F-17 is totally developed with all facilities available. 100s of families are living there.

For prices you need to search the market rather than any websites.

In F-17 30x60 plot is around 40 lacs.

Kanal is from some 65 lacs to 90 lacs.

40x80 is also around some 55 to 70 lacs.

In BE, 10 marla plot in Sector A is 80+ lacs.

Regards

Dear Khan Bhai,

what is your opinion regarding Graceland, is it worth investment for a short to medium Terms profit, as they are giving possession in April this year.

Regards,

For overseas families,bahria and dha re the two best options…Safe secure and lavishly developed with educated gentry…

The first thing to do is to decide the following parameters:-

i. Budget;

ii. Minimum Size (5-6 marla for apartment type lifestyle or 8 marla to 10 marla for reasonable living or 1 Kanal to 2 kanal for lavish living) or farmhouse style house with trees in the lawn; and

iii. Zone preference (do you wish to live in proper Islamabad then you have to live in Zone-1 or you don't mind moving to suburbs);

iv. Proximity to any place? (Do you wish to be close to any particular area such as Margalla Hills or Blue Area or Rawal Dam or Murree?)

If you give us the answers to questions i to iv, we will be in a position to give you very useful and accurate advice.

Thank you @Saadi_Aquarius - noted

@Paki-1 i will try and answer your questions

• I have no figure in my mind as i'm not aware of what the costs are in Pakistan. For reference though I am a working class citizen in the UK so something not too expensive i'm not in to luxury living i understand how much effort goes in to earning an income - i want a comfortable lifestyle not luxurious

• 5-10 marla would be adequate for a holiday home/long term investment

• No it does not have to be in ISB i am happy to venture towards RWP In fact we are originally from Kallar seydan side of the country so being closer to my ancestors would be even better. Obviously there should be good link roads to RWP/ISB

*No desire to be close to anything in particular.But as mentioned in original post Deposit+installments would be the preferred method of payment.

I look forward to your helpful response.

If you will be visiting once a year for only 3-4 weeks, I will suggest that you don't buy a house. Too much hassle, expense and risk to maintain a house.

You should simply live in excellent guest houses available in the best sectors of Islamabad offering good quality facilities (such as Wifi, in-dining, satellite tv, phone, concierge, homely atmosphere, 24-hours cook, you name it).

Also, you can check out of the gues house and move to Murree, Nathia Galli, Ayubia, Naran, Kaghan etc whenever you wish.

No worries about maintaining the house in your absence and no risk of damage, burglaries etc.

You are investing in a headache believe me. For investment a plot is much better than a house. In Pakistan, the construction part of the property depreciates in value very quickly.

In the UK it is the opposite. Older houses have a conservation value. But in Pakistan, even 5 years old construction sells for a depreciated price. The plot part of the property increases in value so you get the false impression that you are earning capital gains.

In fact, only your plot is increasing in value and the heavy investment in brick and mortar is declining in value all the time.

Being oversees, security of your property in absence from country has to be TOP priority. Every chance that your tenant or notorious people would confiscate your property by the time you are back.

Try to stay only in DHA plots which are security guarantee for you.

If yo are desperate to go for a constructed property, then have a look at new apartment towers of DHA phase 2 by Alghurair Giga which are on installments. You will not find installment houses in DHA.

This is an old link but very much valid and relevant even today, so pl educate yourself:

https://pakistanilaws.wordpress.com/2012/04/28/purchase-of-properties-by-overseas-pakistani-in-pakistan/

Only bahira town is save and good for living