Overseas Pakistani Buying In Defence Residency

Asalamoalikum friends. I am about to finalize a deal of d type terrace flat in block 11 in alghurair giga defence residency. The seller is asking for 7 lakh profit and installments will be completed in the mid 2015. The apartment is margalla view, road facing. It will cost me total 40.5 lakhs. Is it a good deal? I am confused bcoz on alghurair giga website same flat’ s price is quoted 46 laks. What are these new rates about? Are they going to implement extra development charges or something else? If someone can guide me if i should go ahead with the deal or someone has better offer i will be highly obliged. Many thanks

Dear ms. Shumaila,

first of all the price of that apt is 3600k not 46 . Secondly y are you looking to get an apt there ? i mean you plan on living there or renting it what is you your future plan for that apt ? would be easy to guide yo if i know what you are thinking .

there are many better option available in market but will depend upon are you looking installment or cash and what are your future plans what the invested amount .

please contact me with your answers and i can surly help you.

M I D L I N K E @ D S L . N E T . P K

regards

Atif pasha

Thank you mr. Atif pasha for your reply. Actually we are overseas and it is very difficult for us to construct a house. We thought it might be a good idea if we purchase flat under construction of a reputable builder and we like DHA environment. We are thinking it’s value must increase at the time of possession, and we can then rent it out until we are outside pakistan. Whenever we return pakistan, atleast we will have a home for living then we can live in it or sell it for bigger house if possible. We want to pay in installments since we want to keep cash in our hand and rupee is also devaluating day by day. Secondly the rate i was telling was of a terrace flat, which are expensive then normal flats. On Alghurair giga website D type terrace they are pricing now for 46 lakhs, the same flat was previously booked at 33 lakhs. Now please advice is it a good idea in this situation? regards

Dear. Ms. Shumaila,

I have done the same research a month ago and was in similar situation like yours. DHA is good although I chose for The Springs which is very near to main Islamabad and next to very expensive Fazaia Colony. The buildres are form Lahore and building at very fast phase. My brother-in-law in Pakistan visited both sites and found The prings to be near Islamabad and DHA to be nearly @ 1 hour drive on good traffic day and 1 1/2 hrs on bad traffic day. Please see the website of Springs

http://www.orbitdevelopers.pk/

I am not an expert and have just shared my views and experience , so please do full research before doing anything.

Thank you mr. Jawad. I have checked the website. I’ll research it more. One thing also concerns my mind is that there is a big price difference, defence residency price is very low in comparison with the springs. It should shoot up at the time of possession. The amenities of DHA are also excellent. Difference from islamabad is a concern but prices in zone 5 are still increasing rapidly despite the distance.

Things to check :

1. Have they used soundproof materials in walls or roof to stop the noise coming from other floors or neighbor's home . Noise of kids /People/food smell can give u real headache .

2. Go inside the model apartment n check if they r spacious or just daaba ghar.

3. Fire escape and earthquake proof

4. Monthly expensive u have to pay for their services to manage the apartment/building/cleaning etc

@ Apple thank you very much you have raised very important questions. I think terrace flats are the top most so noise should not be a problem, secondly it has two floors, and a big terrace so it is very spacious. The rest i need to check.

The price on which you are getting is reasonable, still try to negotiate and try to finalise the deal as soon as you can, Rupee is devaulating which is increasing the prices, plus DHA is a very nice option anyway. Regards,

Take it easy and do little bit more research and ONLY buy it once u see it yourself . Your earnings are in foreign currency so u dont worry about price increase because of inflation.

Yes very true, but i think property prices are rising more than the rupee devaluating.

Not only property prices are increasing but cost of living also. Have you realised the price hike on food and petrol! its absolutely ridiculous!

I hope it stabilizes soon! this is very alarming since earnings are not increasing at all.