single story in Bahria Town phase 3 or double storey in PWD housing society

Dear Experts and all,

I am overseas Pakistani planning to purchase 10 marla single storey house in Bahria Town Rawalpindi phase 3 I m in touch with this property dealer see the olx ad and kindly advise on the below.

(1) what should be the realistic price? (2) is it safe to rent out this house while I am out of the country no one is there to take care of it.

Or I should go to PWD housing society where I can purchase 10 marla double story in the same price range.

Kindly advise.

Sajid

http://rawalpindi.olx.com.pk/bahria-town-phase-3-single-story-10-marla-house-iid-434684470

If you are looking to live in yourself then go for Bahria Town, otherwise for investment go for PWD as I suspect the rental for a double storey in PWD should be more than a single storey in Bahria Town.

A good agent should be able to manage the property for you.

Plot prices are probably are probably around 35 lac in Bahria Town 3 so price does seem fairly reasonable although there maybe some room for negotiations.

Dear arshad,

Thanks a lot for your advice , ya i am thinking for pwd now , please let me know what would be the rental value of 10 marla double story house in pwd ?

I think around 30,000 p.C.M, although I have heard that it can be more since the area is largely developed with few vacant plots, the commercial area is taking off there, plus it is close to Islamabad highway.

I have seen few double story 10 marla houses in PWD, but all of them are contractor build houses please shed some light on this as I came to know that contractor/agent made houses are not solid and long lasting what are the pros and cons of these houses one can invest in these houses or should try to find owner build houses.

Quick reply would be highly appreciated.

Thanks Sajid

The drawback with contractor built houses is that somewhere along the line they may have taken a shortcut and tried to save money therefore the materials used may not be too good or long lasting e.G the wiring may not be the best grade, or the power points may not be the best, or the lamp holders may be flimsy, or cheap quality wood has been used, or the wood may not be treated.

Owners are not going to build a house and waste 6/12 months and then sell it to someone else. A genuine owner will not sell a house for a many years after being built, and even then sell only if his circumstances change. If an owners builds a house and wants to sell it soon after then he too would not have built it for himself but for trade.

The conclusion is that to be sure of good build quality is to build it yourself. This will take both time and cost more in terms of materials used. Otherwise you can buy from a contractor built but still it should be 90% as good as an owner built. Or you may find an owner built but it is likely to be several years old and still you cannot be too sure of the build quality.