What is the Future of E-16 Cabinet Division Housing Society

Dear senior members of this forum especially Mbs,

Please give your kind attention to my question that what is the future of E-16 as compared to other societies for investment purpose like B-17 blocks where the prices are same compared to E-16. Because development is very very slow in E-16 because it was established in 14 June 1960. 52 years of society but the progress is so slow that till no electricity, gas, water supply etc.

So what is the wise decision to invest 2 to 2.5 million in which society where the price of plot will rise rapidly.  

Waiting for you kind and healthy response.

Regards

Rizi

According to my opinion prices will rise quickly in B-17 than E-16 or F-16. Location of F-16 may be best of the rest. For short term investment B-17 is best. When development will start in F-16 then there will be much time to purchase plot in F-16. From waiting and trucking money in bank it is best to invest in B-17 and if the prices will rise in F-16 more prices will rise in B-17.

Dear Rizi,

1st of all i will congratulate you for buying a good plot in reasonable price. :)

Rizi bhai I am a little bit confused about date you mentioned according to my info society was launched in 1989 or 1991 and they get NOC from CDA in 1993. The CDA has already granted the Society permission for scheme development wide its No. CDA/PLW-UP (90) Cab. Div. /ECHS/93/3773 dated 23 December 1993.

My personal opinion is that you will get a benefit of investment here inshAllah as in same price plots are available in B-17 E block of F-16 but both are without possession.

Whenever some good people will be elect in society election and will do some development work quickly there like gas and electricity prices will definitely increase there plus Margalla Avenue and new air port will also be a positive point for zone 2.

ALL the best

Dear Rizi,

You yourself are a very informed person so am sure you'll pick up the right choice. :)

Although your question is about E16 and B17 but I want to digress to zone 1 today.

It seems your purpose is investment and for that sake, believe me nothing is better than zone 1, CDA sectors.

G14/3 and G14/2 encroachment free areas are a prime time option these days, Allah knows the ultimate future but on analytical basis this has to be your choice.

In zone 2, there is a mushroom growth of societies and they will never stop coming so don't think you'll miss out some golden chances. Short term lucky flooks can happen sometimes but u can't base your decisions on that.

Please keep in mind, no matter where in the world u are, DISTANCE and Location matters more than anything else. So even if the Margalla Avenue is built in next 5-7 yrs, your car will still need petrol to travel the distance. :)

The price increase has been pervasive in Islamabad with a speculation of government change and elections. Soon after the elections, if the same govt and allies come in power, all property prices will go down.

On the other hand, If, as speculated, a good govt with stronger majority comes in then of course you'll reap the fruits.

As a personal advice, don't take the bait of private societies, no matter which one is that, its very short lived.

Thank you very much dear Shah sahib and MBS for your kind suggestions and guidance. Dear I am not informed person. My thinking is based on the information and advices given by you time to time. That is why I have some information.

Thank you once again for your co operation.

Sorry I was wrong. In society web site there is Affiliates tab in which CDA and Habib Rafiq (Pvt) Ltd sites addresses are given. Under CDA there was history of CDA and its establishment date June 14, 1960. i misunderstood and quoted that. So very sorry for mistake.

On society site there is no starting date of this society. This sentence is valid on society site, "The CDA has already granted the Society permission for scheme development vide its No. CDA/PLW-UP (90) Cab. Div. /ECHS/93/3773 dated 23 December 1993". This means that it started before 1993. It may be 5 years or more.

Dear MBS,

Going back to Rizi's question "So what is the wise decision to invest 2 to 2.5 million in which society where the price of plot will rise rapidly".

Now please tell us if in any regular sector of Islamabad there is plot of any size available in this amount of Rs. 2-2.5 million only. Forget the regulars sectors, in this amount a plot of any measurement is out of question even in model villages like Rawal Town, Margalla Town or Shahzad Town.

So what options we are left with just few societies in zone 5 and zone 2 with plot size available from 25x50 to 50X90. Though it will take little more time when the zone2 takes off but one thing i am sure about that situation will only improve. Zone2 though less developed compared to zone 5 but distance and location wise its same if not better. E-16 is just hardly 10 minutes drive from G-13 and if we talk about G-15 its just 5 minutes only.

In E-16 much of the development work has been completed with construction already started on few plots. Many people have already applied for possession as provision of gas and electricity are promised shortly.

I don't know much about other societies in zone 2 but -G-15, F-15, E-16/E-17, B-17/F17, D-17 are good options for investment but precautions should be taken while buying plots.

Though i know these societies can never compete with CDA regular sectors but what one should do if he can not afford to buy a plot in those sectors. So the obvious choice will be private or cooperative societies and zone 2 societies are still cheaper if compared with zone 5 societies.

Yeah there is one choice the new I sectors but again distance and location. In E-12 with no development in the offing one can buy a plot of 25x50 and wait for 10 years. Satellite Town Rawalpindi out of question.

Islamabad Highway? distance and location wise good but what about slum neighborhood:(. No choice but cooperative societies :)

Less money=distance and compromised location

Anyways please keep up the good work. We always learn new and good things from your knowledge and experience based informative posts.

Salam

Dear Nadeem,

You've very well covered the highlights of each zone and I completely agree with u on that note.

However as Rizi has asked an open ended question where only parameters of budget ( 2 - 2.5 Mil) and quick return are mentioned; I'd take the liberty to ignore the plot size, posession status, management, location and lifestyle and will just base my recommendation as to where can u get quick return on investment. In fact u can buy a small plot in zone 1

Like a good 25x40 (4.44 marla) plot in G14/3 and G14/2
or
30x60 (8 marla) plot in G14/1

Prices in G14/3 and G14/2 will rise more and sooner than G14/1

But of course, if your preference is a bigger plot or immediate or near future posession, or living in 1-3 yrs, then u can go for G15, B17 or E16

Sorry am insisting on my suggestion :) but based on my very limited knowledge and observation, for investment purpose it does not matter what is the size of the plot, what matter is the ROI.

And by the way, you must have observed that smaller plots are quick cash and they go easy on sale/rental compared to bigger plots. (Investors love quick cash)

Buying for self living is totally different and for that Zone 2 is definitely a good choice in this budget.

We all seek reliable and quick return options but no matter where and what we buy, should try our best to get something with posession or near to completion plot. We'll have less profit margin but a peace of mind worth double our investment :)

Sorry I tend to be old school when it comes to uncertain market of real estate in pakistan. :))

Dear seniors,

I asked two questions as above:

1. What is the future of E-16 as compared to other societies of zone-2 for investment purpose like B-17 D & E blocks where the prices are same compared to E-16.

2. What is the wise decision to invest 2 to 2.5 million in which society where the price of plot will rise rapidly.

Answer of 2nd question is very satisfactory given but answer of 1st question is little bit ignored. As i think from reading all the answers.

Now my 3rd question for all especially Nadeem as you said above "I don't know much about other societies in zone 2 but -G-15, F-15, E-16/E-17, B-17/F17, D-17 are good options for investment but precautions should be taken while buying plots."

What precautions should be taken while buying plots in these societies like E-16 etc please??

Waiting for your kind attention.

Dear Rizi,

In E-16,

Advantage:

There is One advantage: Distance - it is near to Pindi and main Islamabad compared to B-17.

Disadvantage:

(i) You have to pass through Tarnol. (ii) Entrance to society not directly on GT Road (you have to pass through bad area). (iii) Development standard is average.

In B-17,

Advantage:

(i) Margalla Avenue when constructed will give direct access to posh sectors of Islamabad. (ii) Near to Islamabad (through new road) and Near to Taxila. (iii) Development standard excellent.

Disadvantage:

Currently far from Islamabad as compared to E-16.

You can do the comparison yourself. In my view B-17 is better for the future especially because it will take a jump when Margalla Avenue is opened. Also there is investors trend towards B-17 nowadays.

One more point: In B-17 you have a view of Margalla Hills and the environment is generally cleaner and nicer than E-16.

@Rizi

About precautions. I will buy plots preferably with possession and will also check their physical location first. About B-17. It's close to the Margalla Hills stone crushing sites pollution and environmental issues you know but still a good society.

E-16/E-17, B-17/F17, D-17 and few others are neighbor societies and options of short to mid term low budget investments. With the widening of Kashmir Highway and development of Margalla Avenue the travel time to these societies will be reduced.

Housing units are limited but the demands is ever growing. House rentals are skyrocketing and forcing people to look for their own shelters at an affordable price though even at a distance. I know people who lives in Wah Cantt and Gujjar Khan but they travel to Islamabad daily.

It all depends what are your preferences, how much money you have and how long you can wait.

I would request our respected veterans "MBS" and "Syed Ibrahim" for further input.

@MBS

Would you please give me an idea how much a small plot with possession will cost in G-14/3 or G-14/2. Is it possible to have a plot within Rizi's budget. If so I might go for a kill. :)

Thanks.

@Nadeem,

About your last point on small plot with possession in G-14/3 or G-14/2, the fact is that there is no possession in these subsectors. Only G-14/4 is developed, while G-14/3 and other subsectors in G-14 will hopefully be developed soon but nothing is certain.

Dear ALL,

A very useful and positive discussion learning a lot form it. One thing we should keep in our mind that cooperative housing societies are just like our parliament. members of housing scheme vote for different panels and posts even any member (3 years old) can be a candidate for chairman in housing society. Like now a days cabinet team is not efficient but in next election hopefully better people will come.

Another main point is that after 5 years zone 2 will be most populated zone of Islamabad after zone 1 and it will be very tough to get plots in g-15 f 15 b 17 d 17 prices will be very high options will be less.

Thank you all for useful and informative discussion.

@Nadeem

As you told that "... E-16-17, B-17/F17, D-17 and a few others are neighbor societies and options of short to mid term low budget investments."

What are other low budget good options? Like F-16 etc or some one else. Please explain.

Dear Rizi,

In my opinion the E-16 is the best society the development work is done by the best developer HRL. HRL is developed by DHA Islamabad project, and Bahria Town projects. In main time CDA tender is for the work of Marglla Road, then Margalla Road is complete and in this area the price is high. Jammu Kashmir society is a bad society and tis society members are not sincere to this society. This time E-16 society rate is reasonable.

@Nil,

I am very thankful to you for your time and nice suggestions. I think you have a lot knowledge of societies in this Zone-2. So please what will be the rate here in e-16 for 50x90 size plot. Having level or depression etc.

Thanks again.

In E-16 this time rate is 50x90 size 20 lac to 30 lac.

Abdul Samad

Somebody told that B-17 will have link with motorway also. It has artificial lake to keep water level up for the resident of B-17. In e-16 there is so called water dam which can be an issue.