Where to invest in plots as a newbie in islamabad?

Salaam all,

I am a new investor in islamabad looking to invest around 50-60 lakh in a plot for the long-term (5+ years. Not very familiar with the area and was wondering where the best opportunities would be.

May also decide to develop later down the line, however would initially be looking for stable capital growth in a good area. Also considering purchasing a second plot for myself to potentially move into, therefore the quality of the area would be important.

Jzk in advance for your help.

Visit
B-17, I-16, Gulberb, FMC, Faisal Hills, I-14, Bahria Enclave, DHA 5, Bahria phase 8 by yourself. only go for possession plots. Don't fall for future dreams only look at the ground realities. For investment purpose, FMC, Faisal Hills, I-16 are good but for living, B-17, Gulberg, Bahria Enclave, Bahria phase 8 looks good. If i had to decide between all of these than I would have chosen the FMC because of the following reasons:
- Fully developed and possession, development standard is good. minimum 40 feet street.
- Rates are at least 20% lower than adjacent B-17 B1 and C1 blocks.
- slowly population is starting to grow and new homes are being built.
- Most importantly society water supply lines are installed. Even B-17 developed blocks house depends on own boring water.
- In my opinion its rates will surpass B-17 in 5 years time. as its a private zedam project compared to B-17 cooperative society. B-17 is being developed from last 14-18 years but FMC is just 2 years old.

Many thanks. I think it would be better to go for a plot with moderate investment and living potential as this keeps my options open.

From those you have suggested would you say Bahria Enclave and Bahria phase 8 extension are the best options? B-17 also one I am considering. Not too sure about Gulberg as I have heard a lot of negativity about this development.

Investment should be done in the following areas with possession options only.

1. IMT and Bahria Enclave - rates are stangnant from last many years and it would rise. Consider sector N H and I sectors.

2. I-14 and I-16 - will rise more due to on going infrastructure pakage for these sectors and its safe and CDA tag.

3. Bahira Phase 8 - I think the boat is missed lot of upside at the moment sounds bit artificial to me.

4. Gulberg and DHAs - if budget allows it would prove good again only possession plots.

5. B-17 FH - sounds good I do not have first hand knowledge though so do your research.

Brother Umar, youve got solid advice above and also the senior members mentioned same areas from other similar posts if you do a quick search. (they also breakdown in detail which sectors esp Gulberg).

I-14 seems under valued at the moment after seeing I-12, I-15 and I-16 hikes but in 60 lac budget a good plot option is not available, you have to stretch your budget to at least 70 lac for very rare level 25x50 options. But i am not understanding why I-14 did not get so much attention in this current price hike.

In 6+ months, at 14, 25x60 plots (on average) got a jump of 16 - 20+ lac. Still on a gradual escalation.

Not sure about other sizes.

Dear Imtiaz bhai, What are the reasons behind expectation of 16-20 lac in 6+ months at I-14? Is there some major commercial auction is expected or the underpass will materialize?

Khalid sb, I meant in past 6+ months, it has happened.

Oh ok :slight_smile: sorry I mis understood

Thanks all for sharing your thoughts. Any idea on the best blocks in Bahria Enclave and Gulberg that are partially developed but not complete?

BE check out N, O, P (perhaps) (5 Marlas)

GR look for M, T, V (7 Marlas)

Just to add on Imtiaz sb. Choices, one must see for A block Cutting area plots. Its a first block from the Gulberg Greens and will have a lot f room for appreciation.

Enclave: B1,H,I good to go.

Khalid sb

No doubt Block A & B at best locations but there are several chunks under litigation in both blocks and that is ongoing for many years!

One must take extreme care investing in these blocks and only clear plots to be bought.

All options mentioned above are great. Just keep in mind that property investment is a full time job, you cant leave decision making on any dealer.

For him you are just one of his client, he will always prioritize his income over your gains. So always stay intouch with market and do your due diligence.