Which is best option, shop or house ?

Dear experts,

I want to invest 11-12 million Rs. For the purpose of rental income as well as value growth/ROI. I have to choose an option out of a shop or a house. Will appreciate experts suggestions and advice about pros and cons to decide which is best option.

Regards

A house is good, if you plan to live in it later on. But it has maintenance cost and low ROI. A commercial property always has a better ROI and maintenance cost is low.

Dear Zubair,

D mall Dha-2 is best safe and near to complete project.

Visit Gulberg Green Sky Park One also good option.

I think commercial is always better for rental purpose but it depend on developer,location and surrounding population.

Regards

Good point about house is that you have the complete ownership of plot as well as house. Which you dont have in case of shop in any mall.
So you can rent as per your own will and requirement. In case of mall shop it depends on mall's management. As they rent out as per their terms and conditions.
Rare chance of risk is there in case of shop in mall as fire incident happened in HAFEEZ CENTRE LAHORE. Chance is rare but if happens then it's disaster.

The only plus point in mall shop is more %age of rent.

If you are interested in rental returns then shop is a better choice. I would recommend to get your own shop in a plaza rather than a mall.

Dear Khalid Sb,

Sorry I don’t understand the difference between shop in mall & plaza.

I did not know that Mall management decides how it rented out or they rent it for you?

If you own shop, surely you decide who you rent to?