Why Not Use A Farmhouse As Your Normal, Traditional Family Home?

Dear members,

There has been a lot of discussion going on about some farmhouses around Isb. I find that some members have an idea that farmhouses are not for normal living, for a working person and are more suited to retired, non working people.

I just wanted to know your opinion about pros and cons of using the farm house as ones normal family home.

Mind you we are not talking about a farmhouse in its true sense when there is acre and acres of land, with crops, horses, ponds and gardens. We are talking about these 4-8 Kanal plots which, honestly speaking are not true farmhouses. They are rather bigger residential plots, sold as farm houses located rather close to the cities and not tucked in some far away rural areas.

Why not have a bigger garden and lots of space for the family and options of extending your home when the family grows, at a very reasonable price given the sky high property pieces in the capital?

You are rite, it is a very good idea, but farm houses are normally away from main city center, for example Multi Orchards in Islamabad.

Markets and all other basic amenities are not in easy access, that is the biggest drawback.

Hospitals, schools, shopping etc.

Farm house are far more better option than traditional houses , and those who afford (in terms of transportation security and have servants) are enjoying their living .

Nasir bhai these basic amenities are all available at Wah Cantt which is 5-6 kilometers from Multi Orchards. This distance is less than what you will travel from G-13 to the nearest educational and health facilities.

As you know Wah Cantt has all top schools such as Beaconhouse, Roots, Froebels and other brands. Lt is a decent city not a small town.

Zafar Sb,

Have u been to Farm houses near Chak Shehzad Islamabad ? Or Bani Bala ? or on the way to Murree/Barakahu ?

All those farm houses are actually 5 - 8 kanals, on barakahu road their are some pieces of 20 kanals as well.

If you have visited those farm houses im talking about 5 - 8 kanals you must have an idea to whom those farm houses belong.

As far as basic amenities are concerned Nasir bhai had put it well NOTE !

If you had young kids then remember that PIZZA Farmaishi Program :)

@Pk1:

Wah Cantt is still not ISLAMABAD. You are out of the charisma of Islamabad.

If i had the chance to have a farm house i would rather go for D-17 (5 kanal) Farm House atleast im in ICT limits not in Wah Cantt.

OR

I would love to own a farm house near Barakahu, Simli Dam road, on the way to Murree somewhere so that i had a feel im near to CHARISMA of ISB and MURREE both.

Thanks

IS Base Bhai ...

Simli dam road farmhouses had the Naval tag and were the only ones of that kind in affordable range. This is why they became popular. Otherwise, you have to cross through Bara Kahu shanty town road to get there. And all top schools are quite far and more difficult to reach.

In comparison, Wah Cantt at 5 km distance from Multi Orchards offers excellent variety of educational institutions and health facilities. Yes it is not Islamabad, but also not every school in Islamabad is of the same standard. For fast food and pizza, you can go to Wah Cantt as well but even if you want to go to Islamabad, you drive mostly on the Motorway and Kashmir Highway. The drive is like knife through butter - not like navigating through Bara Kahu slums and Simly Dam road itself is quite an uneasy drive. I think you said time is more important than fuel.

D-17 farmhouses are a better option than Barakahu but the plot size is smaller and still if you compare the price difference with Multi Orchards, you know where the value for money really is.

If you want the best farmhouse option than you have to choose the Orchards scheme near Faizabad amd Margalla Town. But that is for billionaires only.

So all said and done, I think Multi, Gulberg and D-17 farms are the best in terms of value for money.

Good ho gaya Sir !

Agreed with You. Time factor is very vital and for travelling from Multi Orchards to main islamabad i know how much time would it take.

INSHALLAH if ALLAH (SWT) give me a chance i would LOVE to join the CLUB of Farm House !!

Keep it up you are heading good !

Regards

IS Base meri dua hey Allah Taala aap ko aur mujhay Margalla Town key sath waalay farmhouses mein sey aik do farms dey dey. Aur agar uss ko hamaray liyay iss sey bhi ziada behtri manzoor hey to phir kum sey kum aik bohot bara plot aur palace jannat mein hi dey dey. Ameen.

But as far as travelling time from Multi Orchards to main Islamabad is concerned, it depends on speed of driving. Travelling time will reduce further after completion of Kashmir Highway. And when Margalla Avenue is completed even the distance will be reduced.

And farmaishi program is not every day. Maximum on weekends. But sir schools are needed on every day basis. And these days children also need tuitions etc. All of these facilities are available in Wah Cantt. They even have degree colleges and university. As you know, some people from the elite of Pakistan live in Wah Cantt; dont you think there will be facilities available for their lifestyle.

Some of my relatives live in DHA and their son studies in NUST. He lives in hostel and comes home on weekends. They dont want him to waste travelling time coming home every day. By living in hostel he can devote his time to studies.

By the way, travelling time to main Islamabad is even more from Bahria Phase 8 as compared to Multi Orchards. Now compare the price between Bahria-8 and Multi Orchards.

Nice information. Thanks all participants

Sir mein ney to ghar hi banana hey wahan insha-Allah.

Sach to ye hey key mein Multi ko dua daita hu warna hum jaisay middle class loag kahaan reh saktay hein itnay baray lawn waalay ghar mein jis mein bohot sey darakht houn aur choti si driveway ho. Specially distance wise it is half hour drive time to Zero Point and 5 mins from all facilities in Wah Cantt!

Warna aaj kal crores ka 1-kanal plot ley bhi lo to uss mein chota sa lawn banta hey aur lawn mein baitho to teen taraf double manzil houses ka saya hota hey. Agar aap bara lawn banaein to saaray loag kehtay hein itnay mehngay plot pey you should use all covered area allowed by rules otherwise aap key ghar ki resale value bohot kum ho jaye gi. Kabhi baichnay jao gey tou pichtana parray ga. Insan jaye tou jaye kahan.

Tou phir kiun na Multi ki orchard scheme mein jaye! Koi aur farmhouse lainay jao to qeemat daikh key hi naani-ji ki yaad aa jati hey.

Multi Orchards jub announce nai hua tha tou mein Taxila sey aagay HMC side pey aik village mein 5-6 kanal zameen khareednay key baray mein soch raha tha. Wahan ghar bana key natural lifestyle mein rehnay ka plan tha. Baat bhi kar li thi mein ney bachoun key puraanay qari saab sey jo wahan rehtay hein. Mairay liyay zameen bhi daikh li thi unhoun ney. Lekin jub Multi ney orchards announce kia tou mein ney socha key gaou'n mein jaanay key bajaye Multi ki proper scheme mein laina chahiyay because of all amenities like boundary wall, security cameras, underground wiring, security guards, footpaths, commercial areas, schools, society office etc. Keemat mein sasta aur wonderful drive on M-1 motorway then Kashmir Highway. Bachoun ko school Wah mein bhaija ja sakta hey agar Islamabad door parta hey rozana aanay jaanay key liyay!

@Pardesi bhai,

sir ,

i am also in search of such 4-5 kanal farmland , and i introduced a thread in this forum some days back for that ,

i have not seen b-17 my self[multi farm lands], but Google earth shows villages attached to it , i have some questions which were not addressed in that thread, and i request you please to discuss,

1=which place in multi is good for farm land?

2=current prices

3=security

4=health facilities and education

5=future prospects

6=local ppl behavior[ crime rates etc]

7= feelings ? i mean do some one feel isolated from pindi/Islamabad?

Dk bhai,

Multi Orchards is not B-17. They are different schemes but the same company behind them. Orchards is on Peshawar Motorway near Brahma Bahatar interchange. It is also accessible from Wah Cantt through Bahlol Road.

Sir iss waqt Multi Orchards mein farmhouse plot khareednay key liyay aap key paas 2 options hein: (c) block and (d) block. C-Block is almost ready for possession but D-Block so far is on paper and we dont know for sure when they will start development work.

In C Block you can purchase instalment options or lump sum options from open market (through dealers). In D Block there are only files.

For prices, you can check with dealers or on websites:- Zameen, Olx etc. Price is in a wide range depending on location, number of instalments paid, lump sum etc. But generally 5-kanal plot is around 1 crore. Some plots are less than one crore some are more than one crore. You can get a good lump sum for 80 - 90 lacs.

Security will be by Multi standards - CCTV cameras, boundary wall, security guards patrolling etc.

Health and education facilities are all available top class in Wah Cantt (schools like Beacon, Froebels, Roots) which is 6 km distance from gate of Orchards.

Local population is not dense and there are other societies also in the neighbourhood such as Sir Syed of Pakistan Ordnance Factory employees.

Feeling will be of greenery and view of mountains. Main Islamabad is 30 mins drive away so you can go to Jinnah supermarket for Kabuli dinner and return by midnight without problem.

@Pardesi

thanks brother ,INSHA ALLAH when i will be back in Pakistan , i will definitively see this this area .

Your information is an act of kindness,

Well explained Pardesi bhai !

Specially the Kabuli dinner wali option i liked !!

Actually you need secure ACCESS all the way not only you need your own property be well secured

Multi Orchards is a good place for farmhouse. But to live in farm house in Multi orchard need at least 10 years development from now.

After 10 years minimum It will appear as farm house society.

It is possible to live there even now as soon as they give possession. Population will increase slowly. As you know people are living in B-Block of Multi-Garden where it has taken only a few years to get populated after possession. Same thing can be expected in prime blocks of Multi-Orchards. Insha-Allah.

PK1,

Guru gee I bought a plot in B-17 B-block in 2008.In 6 years time I think around 200-300 houses built in B-block and I believe not more than 50 families live there. The location of B-17 much closer to Islamabad than orchard but still you can see the people are not going to live there. With these calculation You may not agree with my point of view but I still believe Orchard farm house will take 10 years.

@ Pardesi…yea please add Rs 2000 fuel cost for every kabuli palo return trip to Islamabad…too far…over priced…