Building materials

Dear friends,
I am planning to build a house in d-12 islamabad size 30x60. I am living abroad and want to build a house on my plot for rental income purpose.
I just need advise from experienced friends on the construction material and where to buy from

I would like advise on the below
1. Best steel to use for construction
2. Bricks
3. Cement
4. Pipes and sanitary items
5. Rait / sand
6. Bajri
7. Electric wires and electric items

I would like to know the best items and best brands available in islamabad or nearby areas

And i also need a suggestion on if i must build basement in 7 marla plot or not.

Seek everyones help in this regard.

Aoa,

All the above mentioned materials are available locally. You just have to be vigilant to check the quality and quantity yourself. In your plot size it is very rare to have basements unless its a depth plot.

The land is very solid in your locality so the cost of construction would be very low as compare to some other parts of Islamabad.

Thanks a lot for this info. Infact i need a recommendations for the listed items like which quality i should go for and which ones are the best.

Hi, khalid I am in abroad as well I just started to construction hiuse in islamabad I have a lot of valuable information I am quite sure you save a lot of money I have all latest material price as well if you send me the contact number I will contact thanks

sarfraz

roypoy_roy@yahoo.co.uk

Thanks bro. Sent you email already. :slight_smile:

Steel = Fazal Steel is the best.

Bricks = Peshawar bricks are best. Do not buy local bricks of Tarnol and Fateh Jhang area.

Cement = Cherat cement has better strength.

Pipes= a lot of qualities. Difficult to select.

Sand = Lawrence pur for brick work and GHAZI for plaster. Easy to find sand.

Electric Wire = Pak cable is the best but not important to buy only this wire. GM cable is also very good. Electric scheme of things doesn't comprise of wire only. Buy imported circuit breakers.

Thank you malik saab. Appreciate your inputs.