Can someone provide me an opinion on my roof insulation strategy?

First of all, i'm new here so aoa to all the members here.

I live in a govt house and i cant spend much money on it but the summers are unbearable so i have decided to insulated the roof using pu foam. I have also considered jumboloon foam but since it needs concrete on it, the whole project will cost a lot. The pu foam representative of diamond and super asia said that pu foam also needs concrete on top of it but searching on internet has made me aware that concrete is not necessary but it needs uv protection from the sun.

What i have decided to do is get the roof sprayed with 1-1.5 inch layer of pu foam and then paint it using weathershield paint which will provided a barrier from the sun and additional insulation. What do you think about this strategy?

If this question is in the wrong category then please relocate it to the appropriate category.

Go with it and put a green net on the top as well. Green net give alot of relief.

PU spray and Jumbolon is expensive and you can go low cost and result almost same with thermopore sheets on roof. You have same

result with low cost lamost half of pu and jumbolon.

Regards

Team dSA

@DSA The method you suggest would be very good if the house was in its construction phase but since the house is already cpnstructed and the roof is sloping so the concrete work on top of insulation would be as expensive as the insulation itself. PU foam stick so concrete would not be needed to hold it in place

You just remove roof tiles and put thermopore sheets and refix them again.

Its very cost effective and result will be almost same.

Regards

There are so Many ways to reduce the Heat gain through Roof in Architecture/Engineering.

Even the simplest will cost you a lot.

Apart from Engineering methods/Techniques, there are 2 Simple methods to get rid of the Heat gain through Roof. (Tested)

1. Have some Planters and place those in such a way that Maximum area is being covered with the Planters or the Shadow of the Planters.

2. Install Some Shades on the Roof which will obstruct the direct Sunlight.