Concrete roof vibration

I have a car porch of size 24 ft x 17 ft in my under-construction 1 kanal house. Yesterday, i felt that the roof of the car porch vibrates if anyone puts a heavy foot on its first floor.

Can anyone explain what's happening?

Is it normal?

Please check with your structure Engineer if you get your structure from any Engineer.

It should not vibrate as you told.

Regards

Thank you for the reply.

What are post construction remedies for such issue?

My contractor is unable to answer the above query. He told me that we put a concealed beam in the middle of the roof while preparing first lintel comprising 6 bars with rings at a distance of 7 inches. I confirmed this from my photo archives.

Regards

Need Structure drawings of your porch slab to analyse.

This is the difference to do work without consulting Structure Engineer.

Regards

Dear DSA,

Thank you for your reply. Can you please share your email ID so that I can send you the Structure Design of the house.

Please also enlighten on general issues that may cause the vibration and I could not find much help on the internet regarding the subject.

Regards

Dear DSA,

One thing that I want to mention here is that the house plastering is in process these days and there is a lot of water spread on the roof of car porch (due to outer walls curing) and it also looks wet from beneath.

Is the above condition has to do something with the mentioned vibration? Because I never felt vibration before on the car porch. My house structure is at least one year old and have been visiting the car porch roof very often.

Dear Fawad it has nothing to with the water.

Dear Aamir Sb,

Thank you for the reply. Today my house layout designer visited the site and said that the vibration is not dangerous. For mental satisfaction you can add additional columns and beams at this stage of construction to increase the roof stiffness. However, it is not required as the current vibration is not much.

Asalam o alikum,

You told that you are satisfied with steel BARs and if Vibration is only with heavy foot then its not an issue, it may be due to less thickness of concrete (Less than 5.5 inches), but no issue, Upto to my knowledge You are safe,
Thanks
Royal Stone construction Pvt. Ltd.