Construction cost on plot with filling

I purchased a plot in safari valley last year. According to soil test report it is filling area up to 15ft. Also under ground water level is high. Please guide me whether i should construct home on it with piling or should sell and buy new one.

Secondly, how much is construction cost difference between a 7 Marla filled land plot and solid land plot.

My another concern is that is it safe to construct house in filling area ?

Asalam o alikum,

Junaid Ali, I have witnessed many houses in Bahria Town those are built on filled Land, some have faced issues and other have not. If you construct properly on piles and with strong plinth beams then no issue if you do normal construction then there may develop cracks after one or two years as soil will settle. So construction decision is up to you.

If you sell then filled plot has less market value than solid Land so at the end total cost will remain nearly same. Thanks

Asif Malik

Royal Stone construction (Pvt) Ltd.

Dear sir,

we are Group of engineers working on name of eastern engineering consultants we offer our expertise ,dont take risk ask from expert feel free to contact 03005962697

Aoa,

Don't construct on a filling plot. The cost alone will be a night mare plus the problems and issues you will have to face will be not worth it.

With filling plot pilling and raft alone will costs you some where 15 lacs or so.

My advice is to sell and buy else where

Mr. Junaid,

construction on a filled land might take some extra money but again if you sell this plot and buy another one you would never know if that plot has a fill land too. On the other hand most of the plots in bahria town are on fill land.

15 ft fill is not really that bad.

Any slight mishap due to filling and soft soil can be very costly…try to change the plot or society.

Other option is Basement if you can do it.

Regards

Thank you everyone for your valuable input. Let me tell you about by practical experience. I was offered 41 Lakh for Abu Bakar Plot. I have already paid possession. I was selling with in 3 years so i had to pay tax as well. 41 thousand for property broker. Now when i started searching for good plot, it was around 42-45 Lakh plus 5 lakh for Tax, Map, Possesion, Soil Test. So i was ending up loosing 7-8 Lakh Ruppees. So, now i have decide to start construction on same plot.

Thank you Asif Malik bro for your accurate assessment of situation. Thanks other members for their input as well.

Regards,

Planet Builders and interiors is well established company all work under the consultancy of BS.c Civil Engineer Registered with Pakistan Engineering Council.

And also providing the designing facilities.

For more details plz. Visit Our facebook page.

Www.facebook.com/planetbuilderss

Further information:

Planetbuilderss@gmail.com

Engineer Umer khan

(BSc Civil Engineer)